Southeast Missouri State Sports Forum: TCU vs Boise State....???

Posted by Headhunt on Tue, Jan 5, 2010, at 10:59 AM:

If Boise State OR TCU get ranked in the top 5, somebody needs to have their head examined.

I watched two very average teams throw interceptions, make fumbles, and most importantly, throw literally dozens of incomplete passes, some dropped, most just plain inaccurate throws. Yeah yeah, talk abuot the "rust", the layoff time, etc.....it sure did not seem to slow Florida down.....or VA Tech, .....

Take either one of those teams and set them against Florida? What a butt whippin Boise AND TCU take. The simply "looked" like second tier teams.....just my take on it.....

Replies (3)

• I think Alabama and Florida may be in a class by themselves. Although Texas may have something to say about that so we'll see what happens Thursday.

-- Posted by semohoops on Tue, Jan 5, 2010, at 1:54 PM
  • I am glad college football is over.No playoffs no true champion in my book.I am ready for the NFL playoffs.Go Cardinals

-- Posted by ukbloo on Fri, Jan 8, 2010, at 5:41 PM
  • Perhaps Boise plays to their competition, but Boise looked weak....and I agree...a playoff is needed...call them Bowls still if you wanna have the sponsors and the other trappings...make it a stairstep, where the lower, less meaningful bowls still host a game, but it has no conference affilitaions.....imagine getting Alabama to play in San Diego one week, Tampa the next week, Dallas the next week....and finish it off in LA at the Rose Bowl, or the Fiesta in Arizona....

Fans would be pressed to follow their teams to ALL the steps upward..( plus they's go BROKE) ..but what a momentum builder that would be in college football. Fewer Cinderellas...but you never know. I KNOW Michigan remembers Appalachia State .........haha

-- Posted by Headhunt on Tue, Jan 12, 2010, at 3:18 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: