Southeast Missouri State Sports Forum: Harrison Twins Commit to:....

Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Oct 4, 2012, at 4:47 PM:

KENTUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm calling it right now, first one, 2014 champions! They are the greatest package deal in the history of college basketball! Kentucky has 8 top 5 recruits since 2009, no other school has more than 2. They also said they want to play there for FOUR YEARS!!! gonna be exciting #BBn

Replies (89)

• Kentucky will be champs unitl the NCAA posse catches up to Calipari.

-- Posted by Showstopper on Fri, Oct 5, 2012, at 3:07 PM
  • We all know Calipari is a cheater and has the boosters pay his players (yes I know all schools do it, but he goes way over board to get the top recruits), look for them to get in trouble with the next two years and he will leave for another school like he's done so many times before!

-- Posted by footballfan29 on Sun, Oct 7, 2012, at 7:58 AM

I like Calipari. Lots of haters in the house on the Kentucky train. If you can't beat them, accuse them of cheating.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sun, Oct 7, 2012, at 6:22 PM
  • sideline....come on, man. Seriously? Calipari has cheated at every school he has coached. Now he is a saint? Come on. You are smarter than that.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Tue, Oct 9, 2012, at 4:12 PM

#5 player in the nation James Young unexpectedly announced today that he will be verbally commiting to a college at 4:00 PM on ESPNU tomorrow. He won't announce until around 4:30 of course, you know how espn likes to drag things out. He has taken no official visits, and one unofficial visit to Kentucky. Could he be the third top 5 player to commit to Kentucky in 2 weeks. Will they have #2, #4 and #5. I also find it interesting that since the LDS has changed their mission requirements that the #1 player may take his mission before college and not during college. So UK could have 3 of the top 4, and #3 had yet to commit yet. It should also be noted that neither Jimmer Fredette or Steve Young went on a mission trip.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Oct 10, 2012, at 8:36 PM

James Young will be the next Kentucky Wildcat!!! This is already shaping up to be the greatest recruiting class in history. Michigan Fab five who!? Good decision James, welcome aboard.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Oct 11, 2012, at 4:35 PM
  • Yeah Cal is a cheater because Marcus Camby took money from an agent and DRose cheated on his SAT 9 hours away. Haters gonna hate. Coach K at Duke runs a squeaky clean program tho because the media loves him and he's a good old boy. Corey Maggette gets paid NCAA looks the other way and then the recent scandal about like a 90k watch or something. Let that happen to one of Cal's players and they would be removing banners but since it's Duke I'm sure they will sweep it under the rug. Cal is a genius he appeals to 18 year old produces first round picks that are ready for the league and has made it the cool thing for recruits to go to Kentucky. They can walk around AAU tournaments and their high schools and say I'm going to UK and everyone thinks they are god. Until someone else can pull this off Kentucky will be a perennial final four team unless Cal gets bored and decides to go coach in the league.

-- Posted by badams2s on Thu, Oct 11, 2012, at 5:29 PM
  • Kentucky is my team and they are going to win it all again

-- Posted by eric birk on Fri, Oct 12, 2012, at 10:14 PM

Rumors are out that #9 player in the nation Marcus Lee is close to making a decision, even as soon as Thursday. He attended Big Blue Madness this weekend, and loved it judging from his twitter feed. He got to hang out with the Harrison Twins and James Young, and took several pictures with them. The big question is 6'9 Lee plays the same position as #2 player Julius Randle. If Lee commits to UK, will Randle want to go else where!? Randle has basically trimmed his list of schools down to Texas, Florida, and Kentucky. The same position problem didn't seem to be a problem for James Young, but you never know with Randle. So look for Marcus Lee to make a decision soon, I personally think it will be latter than Thursday, so look for sometime next weekish (if thats a word).

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Oct 16, 2012, at 3:28 PM

NEVERMIND

Marcus Lee trimmed his college list down to California (where he is from) and Kentucky. He had an official visit scheduled for Cal this weekend, that's why I thought he would announce next week. Lee has now canceled that visit, and will announce tomorrow morning at his high school. That's very unexpected, he must have been very very impressed with Kentucky. Tomorrow will UK recieve their 4th 5 star recruit in 3 weeks!?

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Oct 16, 2012, at 11:42 PM

John Calipari just made a statement that #1 player in the nation and current UK Freshman Nerlens Noel has been fully clear to play by the NCAA. He had been put on the 45 day grace period until he was cleared. UK officials would not comment on if he had been cleared to play our not. Although they do not comment on any player's elligibility until the day of the first game. So is Coach Cal just playing head games with the NCAA!? Or has he really been cleared!? It will be a huge relief if he has been cleared.

Still waiting for the Marcus Lee announcement. It has been pushed back to 1:30 central time, I believe ESPN is trying to get a camera crew there for the announcement. I have yet to here if it will end up being televised or not.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Oct 17, 2012, at 11:44 AM

They've pushed it back to 3 now, ESPN is trying to get there to cover it. Isn't like they have to take a wagon to get there, what's taking so long haha.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Oct 17, 2012, at 1:39 PM

TADA!

6-foot-9 California power forward Marcus Lee commits to the Kentucky Wildcats! The Number 1 2013 recruiting class just became the number oneiest! He is the first 5 star "big man" to join this recruiting class (the other three are 6'5,6'5, and 6'6 GUARDS). This is a great addition to the team, and Coach Cal is really doing something unprecendented.

This year has really been crazy with the amount of kids who are commiting in the fall. It seems to be a little bit of "I'm going to get my spot and scholarship before they run out". I would look for Julius Randle from Texas to be the next one to announce.

The NCAA (surprisingly fast for the NCAA) told USA Today that Nerlens Noel has been fully cleared to practice and play games, with no suspension of any kind. Thats great news as well!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Oct 17, 2012, at 4:04 PM
  • Show those kids the money Coach Cal! Yeee-haaaw!!! Also what does any of this UK garbage have to do with Southeast Missouri State sports? Oh right this is semoball! Sanity doesn't apply here.

-- Posted by Showstopper on Mon, Oct 22, 2012, at 5:52 PM

Breaking news, Andrew Wiggins father just annouced that Andrew should be playing college basketball next season. This means that Wiggins, in the 2014 class, will now be reclassifying into the 2013 class, this years high school senior class. He is the #1 player in the 2014 class, and is expected to be the #1 player in the 2013 class. So as you can see he is regarded as the best player in the nation regarless of class. He plays basketball for a Prep school in West Virginia, but he is from Canada. Early indicators say he is leaning towards either Kentucky or Florida State, with UNC as a possible dark horse. Him making this decision to reclassify early in his junior year, seems to show he may have his mind made up already about where he would like to play college ball. It will be very interesting to see where he lands!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Oct 25, 2012, at 3:05 PM

I understand that. I couldn't get the other category to come up. Does it really matter where this thread is!? Is it bothering anyone!? Who cares what is says at the top, that you can't see, unless you click on it, don't like=don't click. Also, the Harrison Twins could have commited to SEMO. Thank you, come again.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Oct 26, 2012, at 1:28 PM

Early signing period starts today and runs through the 21st. It will be interesting to see if any major unexpected signings happen over the next few days.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Nov 14, 2012, at 9:04 AM

Marcus Lee and Derek Willis both signed their letters of intent yesterday. Expect James Young and the Harrison Twins to sign later this week. The twins played their first game last night and combined for 53 points. Here is a link to some of their first game highlights. Apprently dunking in warmups is allowed in Texas...

http://wildcatbluenation.com/2012/11/15/the-harrison-twins-shine-in-season-debut...

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Nov 15, 2012, at 3:35 PM

Harrisons and Young just signed their NLI about an hour ago after school got out.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Nov 15, 2012, at 3:39 PM

For those who might not have known, Otto Porter did sustain a concussion just a few minutes into Georgetowns first game. He missed the rest of that game, and was held out of last nights game. I would expect him back for the next game. He is widely seen as being Georgetowns best player this year. He is also persecuted to go #15 in next years NBA draft. Many saw Otto as one of those players who would stay all 4 years, but JT3 is recruiting people and offered scholarships to people to take Otto's position. It will be interesting to see.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Nov 15, 2012, at 5:40 PM

Tonight the Kentucky Wildcats face off against the Lafayette Leopards, featuring Dexter's own Alan Flannigan. It will be cool to see how he mathces up against some of the best players in the country. This is the first time UK and Lafayette have ever played each other.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Nov 16, 2012, at 10:50 AM

Alan Flannigan did get the start and he had 2 points on 1-6 shooting, 4 rebounds, 1 ast. and 1 steal.

Otto Porter returned to action last night to face the UCLA Bruins and the much hyped up return of Shabazz Muhammad after the NCAA deemed him illegiable, and then UCLA won the appeal and he was reinstated. The unranked Hoyas upset the #11 Bruins 78-70. Otto was the shining star with 18 points, 11 rebounds, 5 blocks, 5 ast, and 3 steals. What an awesome performance! Here is JT3 on his play:

"Otto's first full game and look at the stat sheet. That was a full game," Georgetown coach John Thompson III said. "Then there was a lot of other stuff he did that doesn't show up on this piece of paper. It was good to have him back out there" Georgetown will take on #1 Indiana tonight on ESPN at 9:00 CT. This is the first time GT has taken on a #1 ranked team in the regular season since 2006.

#1 in the country Andrew Wiggins put on a show lastnight with Kentucky coach John Calipari on hand. He played at Scott County High School in Kentucky. There was also about 1,500 Kentucky fans in line to see this game. He will probably make a spring decision.

#6 in the country Aaron Gordon trimmed his list of schools down to 3, Arizona, Washington, and Kentucky. He is expected to stay out west, but Kentucky has really come on strong. Many saw him going to Oregon, but he cut them from the list. Expect him to also make a spring decision.

#1 player in the class of 2015 Karl Towns Jr. recently stated that he will be making a college decision on Dec. 4th. It seems that Kentucky is almost a lock for Towns. Calipari and Towns spent all summer together while Calipari coached him on the Dominica Republic olympic team. Also multiple sources are reporting he is picking UK. He is a 17 year old Sophomore, and a 4.0 student, and could definately reclassify into the class of 2014. He could, COULD, even take college classes offered by his school and get into the this years 2013 class. I do not see the later happening, but I definately see him switching to the 2014 class, since he is announcing as a Sophomore.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Nov 20, 2012, at 4:47 PM

Alan Flannigan had 2pts, 1 reb, and 1 ast tonight against Maryland. He also had 4 fouls tonight, after fouling out of his last game vs. UK. He may be having a hard time staying out of foul trouble. I'm sure he will get it worked out.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Nov 20, 2012, at 10:00 PM

Otto Porter had 15 points, 5 rebounds, 4 ast, 2 steals, and 2 blocks in last nights overtime loss to #1 ranked Indiana. Otto scored the last 5 points of the game in regulation, a 3 pointer followed by a tough contested 2 pointer, to send the game to overtime.

On consecutive nights, Otto outplayed the likely #1 pick for 2013 NBA draft Shabazz Muhammad and preseason All-American and pick for the Wooden Award and potential #1 draft pick, Cody Zeller. Zeller, Indiana's 7-footer, did not have a single block in the game, and only had 3 rebounds in the second half and overtime, all while Georgetown did not even have a true center gaurding him. Otto was clearly the runner up for the tournament MVP (Indiana's Hulls recieved the reward). I believe Otto's draft stock just went way up.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Nov 21, 2012, at 9:19 AM
  • Otto will be a top 15 draft pick no doubt but i don't think Shabazz has even practiced any, Shabazz will go ahead of Otto based on potenial.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Wed, Nov 21, 2012, at 1:25 PM

Agreed BIGELW. Shabazz had practiced some, but suffered a slight shoulder and ankle injury, and missed some practice, and then the NCAA deemed him ineligable for like 6 days or something, what a joke the NCAA is becoming on this, and then he played right away in that game. He will be a very high draft pick.

Otto had another good showing last night as Georgetown beat Mount St. Mary's 72-50. Otto tied for the lead with the most points with 17 on 7-8 shooting, 2-3 at the charity stripe, and 1-1 from 3 point land. He also had 13 rebounds giving him a double double. He finished with 2 ast, 1 steal, and 2 blocks.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Nov 25, 2012, at 7:34 PM

Otto Porter just had 8 points, 7 rebounds, 3 ast, and 1 steal in one of the ugliest, defensive games Iv ever seen as Georgetown beat Tennessee 37-36. 37 to 36!!!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Nov 30, 2012, at 7:26 PM

7 foot big man Karl Towns Jr., the No.1 player in the class of 2015, made two big announcements today. 1st, he is recassifying to the 2014 class. He has 4 years of high school eligibiligy, but he is already taking college classes and has outstanding grades, so he is qualified to do that. 2nd he announced that he will be headed to the University of Kentucky! He is a great athlete, and led his famous St. Joseph high school to a state championship his freshman year. For a big man he can really handle the ball and shoot the 3. He has the whole package.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Dec 4, 2012, at 1:43 PM

Georgetown finally broke out of their scoring slump last night, as Otto led Georgetown to an 89-53 victory over Longwood. Otto Porter had 22 points, 7 assists, 4 rebounds, 4 steals, and a block.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 8:41 AM

Well 2012 is behind us, and 2013 is now upon us. This is the year that that the senior class of 2013 has waited a long time for. Along with their graduation, young high school basketball players will be faced with the decision of where they should play college basketball. December saw the announcements of Karl Towns to Kentucky (2014) and Jabari Parker to Duke. This new year should also hold some exciting announcements. Of the Top 15 players of the class of 2013, only 4 remain uncommitted to a university. Only 7 out of the Top 100 remain. Those players in the Top 15 would be:

1. Andrew Wiggins (Kentucky, Florida State, Kansas, UNC, Ohio State, Syracuse)

4. Julius Randle (Kentucky, Florida, Texas, NC State, Kansas, Oklahoma)

7. Aaron Gordon (Kentucky, Arizona, Washington)

12. Dakari Johnson (Kentucky, Georgetown, Syracuse)

Predictions:

Andrew Wiggins, the Canadian native recently reclassified to the 2013 class, and immediately took over the No. 1 spot. He does play high school basketball here in the states, for the #3 team in the nation, Huntington Prep (WV). Many have said that he is the best player since Lebron James, the best player in high school regardless of class (when he was in the 2014 class) and better than any freshman currently playing college basketball. Wiggins seems to be able to do it all. I listed all the schools that have offered Wiggins a scholarship, but really only Florida State and Kentucky are in the running. Florida State is unique, both of Wiggins parents attended Florida State and played sports there. Wiggins also has a team mate and friend that has committed to FSU. So they make a very strong case. Wiggins has also shown lots of interest in Kentucky, and has really enjoyed the three games he has played in kentucky this year. Playing in front of a crowd of blue chanting his name has been fun. Andrew is probably the hardest Calipari has ever recruited a player. Wiggins has expressed how he wants to win a national championship, and I just do not see Florida State getting that done. Even his parents have expressed that they do not care where he goes, them living in Canada they no longer have that strong of ties to FSU. I expect to see him in Kentucky blue next year.

Prediction: KENTUCKY

Julius Randle, is another unique case. He has suffered a foot injury that has ended his senior season, so that could really shake up his recruitment. Randle attends Prestonwood Christian Academy in Dallas, Texas. The main schols that are in contention for Randle are Texas, Kentucky, and Florida. First off, home state Texas is making a great case for Randle, it is close to home, and a good school. I also believe that Kentucky is making a strong case for him. When Julius was asked what he wanted most out of college, he said a National Championship. He has been very outspoken about that fact. So that for me eliminates Texas off the list, seeing as how they are struggling this year and their 2013 recruiting class isn't even ranked in the top 30. He was also question if the could play with any other high school senior, who would it be. He answered Andrew Harrison, who has committed to Kentucky. Calipari is also really been recruiting him hard, even after the foot injury and helping him through that. Then comes Florida. Randle seems to be the type to player that the team needs to be about him, and he wants to be the one to score. I think Kentucky may be a bit to congested for that, and he may play a more limited role their, especially if Wiggins joins the 5 they already have. So I hope I'm wrong, but I see him chosing Florida.

Prediction: FLORIDA

Aaron Gordon: Aaron Gordon is a senior that plays for Archbishop Mitty High School in San Jose, California, ranked #15 in the nation. Gordon recently trimmed his list down to two west coast schools, and Kentucky. Calipari's recruiting talent is the only reason UK is even still mention, because Gordon really wants to remain out west. He has been most often compared to Blake Griffin because of his freakish athletic ability and high flying dunks. I believe that Gordon truly does want to stay out west. He likes the system that Arizona runs, and they have a recruiting class ranked No.19 for the 2013 season. So I believe Gordon will attend Arizon next year.

Prediction: ARIZONA

Dakari Johnson, is the most recent recruit to reclassify from 2014 to 2013. He has narrowed his schools down to Georgetown, Syracuse, and Kentucky. Nerlens Noel, current UK big man, also reclassified from 2013 to 2012, and had his schools narrowed to those three, Johnson and Noel are almost mirror images of each other in that regard. Johnson is plays for Montverde Academy in New York City, they are currently ranked #2 in the nation. Johnson actually lived in lexington, Kentucky when he was younger, and attended middle school their. He also still has lots of family right in lexington, and frequently visits there during the holidays. One factor that seems to point towards UK, is that Georgetown and Syracuse have no avaible scholarships. Although they are both good at developing big men, it just to much of a risk to hope someone leaves one of those schools due to injury or other reason opening up a scholarship. So all signs seem to point towards Kentucky, and he will follow in the foot steps of the the top 5 NBA draft pick Nerlens Noel and choose Kentucky.

Prediciton: KENTUCKY

Current Top 5. 2013 recruiting classes

1. Kentucky

2. Duke

3. Florida

4. Kansas

5. Memphis

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Jan 2, 2013, at 10:36 AM

Whelp, we are now down to three. In a somewhat surprising move, Dakari Johnson just couldnt wait any longer and decided to commit today after his team stomped a 82-53 mud hole in Jabari Parker's Chicago Simeon. Johnson, the no.12 player in the nation and no.1 center decided to take his talents, and I predicted, to the University of Kentucky. Kentucky already had arguably the greatest recruiting class in history, now has the #1 point guard, the #1 shooting guard, and the #1 center in the country. I believe they already have the greatest of all time, but if any over the other 3 commit, I don't see how an argument against them could be made. Very nice pick up today for Kentucky!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Jan 6, 2013, at 1:04 AM

I haven't really updated here in while, and for good reason. Not a lot has happened haha.

Only really 3 players in the top 100 have not commited to schools.

Julius Randle - Randle is finally back healthy from his foot injury, and could be put on the Mcdonalds All-American Roster as a late addition if they feel they need to. Which they will. I would look for him to be playing in the Mcdonalds game as one of the only player to be put on the roster after the roster had already been announced. He has now come back for playoff time and has played 2 games. His first game back he scored 19 points and grabbed 10 rebounds. In his latest game he scored 35 points. So he has come blistering back. He has now completed all of this official visits, and is shutting down his recruitment. He will no longer talk with coaches or make any visits. Of the 3, he should be the next to announce. Probably around the middle of march, I think he is ready.

Aaron Gordon: He is taking a really, really, really long time with his decision. He has now even added Oregon to the schools he is still considering. By adding a school, I legitamelly believe he has no idea where he wants to go. All indications, especially now with the Oregon addition, is that Kentucky is probably the dark horse, and that he will be staying on the west coast. I think he will be the last to announce. He has expressed that he will even wait till the college basketball season is done, and maybe even after players have announced to go into the NBA draft. He really wants to see who is going to be on the teams next year before he decidedes. It could be very late spring before we hear from him, but he's worth the wait.

Andrew Wiggins: This is busy busy man. I say man, he just turned 18 last week. It was just announced today that he has been awarded the 2013 Naismith High School Player of the year award. Other players who have won this award are Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Dwight Howard, and last year Shabazz Muhammed, who could be this years No.1 pick. The other finalists were Duke committ Jabari Parker and Aaron Gordon. Wiggins has not even been able to take most of his official visits yet, with his extremely busy national basketball schedule. He will take his official Kentucky visit this Wednesday, and his Kansas and UNC visits in March. I would expect him to committ in May.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Feb 25, 2013, at 1:59 PM

Julius Randle just tweeted out about 10 minutes ago that he will announce on March 20th at noon. Who will he chose!? Texas, Kansas, Kentucky!? He just won his state championship this weekend.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Mar 4, 2013, at 6:30 PM

I'd like to add that Randle's decision will air on ESPNU.

Today he was added to play in the McDonald's All-American game. Their guidelines state that you have to have played in half of your games that season. Randle did not due to injury. So an exception to that rule has been made. McDonald's said that their game is to showcase the best players in the country, and Randle is one of them, and that the game can only be better with him in it. So an exception was made.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Mar 6, 2013, at 10:28 AM

Julius Randle commits to Kentucky!! They now have 6 five star commits coming next year, to make the greatest recruiting class of all time. (Spare the NIT jokes, last years class wasn't as good as what everyone put on, they weren't ranked as high as this years class is. Also all but Noel will prolly come back)

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Mar 20, 2013, at 2:12 PM

Those recruits would be ranked No.'s 3,5,6,7,11,18.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Mar 20, 2013, at 2:18 PM
  • Amen Dean

-- Posted by BIGELW on Thu, Mar 21, 2013, at 7:57 AM
  • I really felt bad for Kentucky this year and the other night lossing to some guy named Robert Morris...no actually loved it! Coach Cal will throw these current kids to the side, tell them good luck in life, and see if he can win with a new crop next season. If they don't win, he throw them to the side and start again.....until NCAA violations finally catch up to him!

-- Posted by uncommon_sense on Thu, Mar 21, 2013, at 8:32 AM
  • It will be interesting to see if the guys there this year will be high draft picks. i don't think any of them proved that they are.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Thu, Mar 21, 2013, at 12:00 PM

They are staying

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Mar 21, 2013, at 4:27 PM
  • If they are staying there's going to be some unhappy players on that team next year.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Thu, Mar 21, 2013, at 6:29 PM

Looks like Richmond, Kentucky Madison Central star Dominique Hawkins will sign with Kentucky tomorrow! That is a great pick up, and he will be more of a player that will stay for several years and develop with the potentially 8 first round picks that will be on next years squad. Calipari also met with No.1 player in the nation Andrew Wiggins today. Could that be a sign that he will be committing as well. Calipari met with Hawkins yesterday. I assume he is explaining to these two the scholarship situation, and no way Hawkins gets one over Wiggins, so they could be talking today to explain Wiggins role on kentucky next year. So that brings next years recruiting class to 8. 6, 5 stars, 1 4 star, and 1 very underrated 3 star, with the potential of landing Wiggins, the ultimate 5 star. I would assume that this means that Noel and Goodwin will leave for the NBA, with Poythress a maybe. Cauley-Stein seems pretty set on coming back, but who knows. We should know who all is staying and going tomorrow. I will post those results tomorrow, because I'm sure everyone is anxious to know.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Mar 28, 2013, at 11:20 AM

Lolololololololol. I would like to see some info on where I made noise last year after the worse recruiting class Calipari has ever had with two of the laziest players I have ever seen. I'm kinda hoping they go to the NBA so they don't have to be put up with any longer.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Mar 29, 2013, at 12:13 PM

It was announced today that Goodwin will declare for the NBA draft. It was also announced that SEC 6th man of the year Kyle Wiltjer and SEC All-Freshman team member Willie Cauley-Stein will be returning next year to give the incoming class some much needed veteran experience. I think that is a good move on both of their parts! Poythress has not made his decision yet.

This week is McDonalds All-American week, so all the top recruits are together in Chicago. Much as been said about No.1 in the country Andrew Wiggins teaming up some of the Kentucky recruits in pick up games and beating a Jabari Parker and Aaron Gordon lead team by 35 points. Wiggins has still not said when he will commit, but it is expected to be all the way in May. He was been asked numerous times this week, and shrugged off all of them. The only statement he did make was this when asked about joining the Kentucky team "Oh, that would be crazy, it would be the best college team ever. We got 5 of the top 6 going to one school, so the impact on college basketball would be crazy. If I went to that team we'd win it all, for sure, because there's nothing anyone can do with me, Julius Randle, the Harrison twins, Marcus Lee, Dakari Johnson and James Young. That's something special". Boy does he have a point! Sure sounds like he was foaming at the mouth to join up with them. Could this be a sign that he will commit to Kentucky!? That is the most I have ever heard him open up about his recruitment.

Stay tuned to the McDonalds game this week, should be fun to watch since this is probably the best high school senior group in loooong time!

Aaron Gordon will announce his college decision tomorrow. He said he has already notified the coach. probably Arizona, but Oregon made a very strong showing in the tournament, so it wouldn't be surprising to see him go there. I'm sure ESPN will air the announcement since it will be at the McDonalds game.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Apr 1, 2013, at 2:21 PM

Just heard that when Aaron Gordon told his parents his college decision, they were "shocked". In conclusion, I have no idea what that means. Everyone is saying Arizona, so its probably either washington, oregon, or UK. Everyone seems to think he will stay on the west coast. we will know for sure tomorrow. Watch him in the slam dunk contest on ESPNU tonight, next Blake Griffin!!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Apr 1, 2013, at 5:11 PM

Aaron Gordon is now a Wildcat, the Arizona kind. Not real sure why his parents were shocked, none of us were. He said he wants to be Arizona's X factor, and hopefully win a National Championship... lol

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Apr 2, 2013, at 4:39 PM

Kentucky just announced that SEC All-Freshman team member and UK's second leading scorer Alex Poythress will return for his sophomore season. That will be a big help to UK! So currently the roster will have 8 McDonalds All-Americans, with possibly more on the way.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Apr 2, 2013, at 7:45 PM
  • With that many All=Americans there's going to be problems getting those guys enough PT.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Wed, Apr 3, 2013, at 7:33 AM

agreed, it will be very interesting to see how that all unfolds. Although this is a group of very selfless players. Aaron Gordon was a very me, me, me player, and I think PT was why he chose Arizona. Another interesting thing will be practice. Next years team is projected to have 9 first round NBA picks, and could be 10 depending on the Wiggins situation. So that will be close to two NBA squads going after each other every day in practice! NBA GM's have already stated that scouts will be at every practice, and of course the games. One thing this UK team will have though is great depth, All-Americans coming off the bench. No recent kentucky team has had great depth, not even last years National title team, they really just played a 7 man rotatiion, 6 of which left last year for the NBA. So that will be new.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Apr 3, 2013, at 11:06 AM
  • Kentucky boosters are going to have to get second jobs to keep up with that huge payroll they got on that roster!

Many of those kids were suppose to be one and done and suppose to go fend for themselves next year in the NBA. Guess cal forgot to tell them exactly how the process works.

-- Posted by Dr. Basketball on Wed, Apr 3, 2013, at 3:42 PM

Considering that athletic booster donations go to provide athletic scholarships at almost every university, they prolly will have to pony up.

I did hear that several boosters have gotten night time janitorial work at local elementary schools, could be because they can't provide as many benefits to the Kentucky players (sneakers, jewelry, health benefits, free McChickens, etc.)

Seriously!? They get criticized for being one and dones, and then get criticized for coming back and trying to improve!?.... LOL

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Apr 3, 2013, at 3:56 PM

Today recently named Kentucky Mr. Basketball Dominique Hawkins committed to Kentucky. He makes the 8th member of this No.1 recruiting class. He is ranked as the No. 2 player in the commonwealth of Kentucky (No. 1 player Derek Willis has already signed with UK). He just recently led his team to a state title, and is expected to be a great backup combo guard that should be here for 3 or 4 or so. Good addition to the team!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Apr 10, 2013, at 5:06 PM

Michigan will def have a good team, but losing the national player of the year will hurt them. I think hardaway and Robinson could be gone as well.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Apr 11, 2013, at 9:01 PM

Burke and Hardway have both announced they are leaving school for the NBA draft.

Kentucky's Nerlens Noel has also declared for the draft. 9 out of the 14 lottery teams have confirmed that they will selected him if they recieved the first pick. Smart staying in school helped with them picking Noel.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Apr 17, 2013, at 1:10 PM

Still no update on NO.1 player in the nation Andrew Wiggins. His decision is taking 4 EV ER! He has until May 15th to sign a letter of intent, but he doesnt have to sign one, he could just show up to classes haha. I thought Otto took awhile to decide two years ago when he was like the last player in the top 100 to decided, and he decided on April 11th I believe, so this has been like a month longer.

Here is when the last eight No.1 players decided, as well BEFORE Wiggins.

1.Josh McRoberts (Duke) September 16th before his JUNIOR year.

2. Greg Oden (Ohio State) June 29th after Junior year.

3. OJ Mayo (USC) Nov. 15 of senior year

4. Brandon Jennings (Arizona, before going internationally pro) May 22 after Junior year

5. Derrick Favors (Ga. Tech.) Jan. 14 senior year

6. Harrison Barnes (UNC) Nov. 13 senior year

7. Anthony Davis (Kentucky) August 13 before senior year

8. Nerlens Noel April 11th after senior year.

So you can see, its taking a while.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, May 6, 2013, at 1:48 PM

Wiggins coach just announced he will make his decision at 12:15 on Tuesday. No press Conferance, just one local reporter. Mom just flew into West Virginia, dad didn't make the trip. Dad wanted him to go to FSU.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, May 12, 2013, at 8:25 PM

For those who don't know, Wiggins commited to Kansas. I would have ranked Kansas 4th out of his 4 schools, it really looked like he was going to pick FSU. He said he didn't even tell his parents his decision until yesterday, so I think everyone was pretty shocked.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, May 15, 2013, at 8:49 AM

It was definitely one of the two best options in my eyes for him. All signs pointed to FSU falling out based on Wiggins silence with his parents on the matter and Kentucky makes no since with all the guys there and the guys returning they don't have enough shots to go around as it is.

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, May 15, 2013, at 10:11 AM

I agree Kansas or FSU would have been the best fits based off of spots available. Other two schools are kinda crowded at his position. Kansas lost their whole starting 5, so he would def have a spot there. FSU he would have a spot because people even forget they have a basketball team. So he made a decent choice to attended a school that is having some basketball success recently, with a spot available, and where he could be the star of the show.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, May 15, 2013, at 11:04 AM

I think the sad thing is from the situation as I have seen it and from the little reading you find on his recruitment( he went quiet and shy pretty quickly) he may have wanted to go to a smaller school like Wichita State and play with his older brother who is graduating next year. I think he really picked Kansas because it was the most legitimate big school near his family.

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, May 15, 2013, at 1:59 PM

Looks like Otto won't have to do any packing and moving!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, May 21, 2013, at 8:06 PM

With 3 star 2014 DB Jared Tucker commiting to Kentucky today, that gives UK its first football recruiting class in the top 10 in school history. 9 commits so far for next year.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, May 29, 2013, at 2:59 PM

So that just pushed Kentucky's class at the moment ahead of Alabama. Yep, no need for a double take, you just read that correctly.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, May 29, 2013, at 3:00 PM

So do you seriously think this is worth noting Buck? Will it hold no and you know it.

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, May 30, 2013, at 8:15 AM

haha I absolutely know it won't hold, but I thought I'd note it now while I can lol :)

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, May 30, 2013, at 9:22 AM
  • john calishady has a better chance of getting his 2 vacated final fours back from the NCAA then kentucky football does of being relevant!

-- Posted by Dr. Basketball on Thu, May 30, 2013, at 9:36 AM

did you know that John calishady has never had a single NCAA violation. While current national championship coach Rick Pitino has had 8.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, May 30, 2013, at 9:56 AM
  • did you know your boy john is also the only coach in history to have a final four vacated at 2 different schools!

So which kentucky fan are you?

(A) The one that talked bad about him and never wanted him at kentucky because of vacated final fours but accepted it when he was hired?

(B)The one that talked bad about him and never wanted him, but when he was hired at kentucky he is the best and cleanest coach in america and technically was never charged with any ncaa violations and he got the shaft by the ncaa with the vacated final fours? 95% of the self proclaimed big blue nation fall under this category and is my favorite.

(C) You thought he was clean all along and always wished he would become the coach at kentucky one day?

-- Posted by Dr. Basketball on Thu, May 30, 2013, at 11:42 AM

(D mixed with C) = Big Memphis fan and loved Calipari's coaching style there. Huge John Wall fan in high school and knew Calipari could bring him and Cousins to Kentucky so liked him all along and wished he would become the coach at kentucky one day. Mainly his envolvement with Wall and Cousins. Never talked bad about him, Rose's high school teachers changed grades that Rose didn't even know about, Camby accepted money from sports agents. Calipari didn't do anything to get a violation and still doesn't have one.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, May 30, 2013, at 12:00 PM

As far as Kentucky football goes, last year they had players pick UK over Florida U, Miami (OH) and the university of Ohio. This year they've had recruits pick UK over Florida, Miami (FL), and Ohio St. They are starting to become relevant.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, May 30, 2013, at 12:19 PM

Over the weekend UK recieved a commitment from 3* Shyquawn Pullium. So that could move them to #9. Reported that they could recieve as many as 10 more commits in the next two weeks. #StoopsTroops

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Jun 3, 2013, at 1:22 PM

UK just received a commitment from 3* LB Ryan Flannigan. Movin on up movin on up.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Jun 5, 2013, at 8:54 PM

4* recruit and defensive end Denzel Ware committed to UK yesterday. ESPN has him ranked 80th in their top 150. So he would be the highest ranked recruit to commit so far in this class. He had offers from Florida, Florida State, Alabama, Georgia, Texas, and USC. So thats so pretty powerhouse football schools that he chose over.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Jun 10, 2013, at 10:56 AM

Your gonna jinx it Buck. Plus take it from a mizzou man despite having a bunch 4 star commits for last year and this year a lot of those guys thinned out once we started losing.

-- Posted by Bunk on Mon, Jun 10, 2013, at 3:47 PM

Hahaha maybe so! Yeah that's a very good point, you just never know how they will turn out.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Jun 10, 2013, at 3:53 PM

Yeah Mizzou is looking like it could be a sneaky good class with a lot of that riding on 4-8 four star recruits signing and staying signed as well as one or two of the 3 stars signed grading up into 4 star recruits. It's just so tricky and precarious that I speak about it in hushed terms until signing day

-- Posted by Bunk on Mon, Jun 10, 2013, at 4:15 PM

Yeah I agree. I'm anxious to see how Kony does this year. He improved a lot last year. Also you never know when you have someone like a Manziel or Watt that didn't have high * rankings and ended up being great players. It's really tricky dealing with that kind of stuff haha.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Jun 10, 2013, at 4:40 PM

Its worked for me so far, so Ill keep going haha. Kentucky just landed a commitment from 3* safety Mike Edwards. That moves UK's recruiting class to #7 in the nation.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Jun 10, 2013, at 5:37 PM

I'll just keep on rolling. 4* DB #185 player and #12 safety in the nation Darius West just committed to UK. So Stoops there it is.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Jun 10, 2013, at 8:25 PM

Moved their class to #6

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Jun 10, 2013, at 8:28 PM

YAHTZEE!! 4* LB Nico Firios commits to UK. #18 Linebacker in the nation. His decision moves UK to #4 in Rivals rankings. Number. Four.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jun 11, 2013, at 12:34 PM

Heard we might get to play some Yahtzee tomorrow.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Jun 12, 2013, at 8:45 PM

There it is, YAHTZEE! Stanley "BOOM" Williams just announced his commitment to Kentucky. He is the #1 all-purpose back in nation, making him UK's highest rated recruit. His commitment now makes UK have the #3 recruiting class in the nation.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Jun 13, 2013, at 5:09 PM

UK gets a commitment from 6'7 250 pound lineman Landon Young in the 2016 class. Showed lots of potential in just his freshman year. Also got second in the heavy weight class in state wrestling. Stoops already getting the 2016 guys!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jun 14, 2013, at 1:48 PM

Yahtzee! UK receives a commitment from 3* Miami FL native Wide Reciever Tyre Brady. He had some big in state offers from Miami, Florida st., and Florida, as well as Ohio State. This 2014 class needed WR's. I don't believe this commitment will push them to #2, but it sets it up where the next commit deffinately will.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jun 14, 2013, at 6:07 PM

Never mind they did move to #2. WoW

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jun 14, 2013, at 6:14 PM

To quote Kentucky football coach Mark Stoops this morning " It's a beautiful day in Lexington! Give me another YAHTZEE!!!!" UK just received a commitment from 3* defensive tackle Adrian Middleton. Middleton is the #5 player in the state of Kentucky, and had offers from U of L and Mizzou.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Jun 15, 2013, at 1:56 PM

Elite twin althletes Chris and Demitrious Davis will be transfering from Pitt to UK! They will have to sit out this season but will be ready to go with all these other 2014 guys!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Jun 18, 2013, at 5:14 PM

Well here is the post I've been waiting for. Kentucky at the time being now has the nations #1 recruiting class. In Football. football. Last night 2* Offensive Lineman Derrick Kelly commited to the Wildcats pushing them over the edge and giving them the nations No. 1 class. Coach Stoops is doing a revolutionary great job.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Jun 19, 2013, at 8:38 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: