Southeast Missouri State Sports Forum: SEMO vs Murray 2

Posted by V,B on Thu, Feb 2, 2012, at 10:15 PM:

Guys, we really need to get behind this SEMO team and sellout the Show Me Cebter on Feb 15 for the big game. I just bought tix on the Lower level sideline, and there are tons of tix available, and if we don't get them soon, Murray fans will start to buy them all up. Tix are cheap and no reason any sports fan in this area shouldn't go. Hope to see 7,000 people wearing red Wednesday after next

Replies (16)

• No doubt Murray will travel for this game seeing that we gave them a pretty good test last night. It is important that this team gets the respect it deserves from our community. I'll be there V,B! You'll hear me before you see me!

-- Posted by dukefan on Fri, Feb 3, 2012, at 8:41 AM
  • Good game RedHawks! We didn't win but it wasnt because the Redhawks weren't trying.Keep your head up because,come Saturday the game is back on!

-- Posted by semofan17 on Fri, Feb 3, 2012, at 11:11 AM
  • Great game RedHawks, now lets finish the game at home and yes we need a big crowd. I know there are basketball fans out there because they run their mouth on here all the time.

Go Red Hawks!

-- Posted by tlks2much on Fri, Feb 3, 2012, at 12:14 PM
  • V,B....I'll be there with my "posse." Lol! I'm really looking forward to it. It should be a great atmosphere!

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Fri, Feb 3, 2012, at 3:57 PM
  • Bought tickets this morning, they had 1800 left.

-- Posted by igobybob on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 6:03 PM

Tough loss for Murry tonight! Hopefully we can give them 2 losses!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Feb 9, 2012, at 9:54 PM
  • SEMO would attract more local fans if they had the good sense to sign local talent. In case they haven't noticed, there has been some pretty good players come from Southeast Missouri but rarely any signees. The Porter's notwithstanding.

-- Posted by robbincrosby on Mon, Feb 13, 2012, at 12:57 PM

Ummm... Niemchek? Tolbert?

Sure there are good players, but are they Division I good? Not many. I like the way Nutt has this program headed. I root SEMO and whoever they bring in from whereever.

-- Posted by Bobcat_#53 on Mon, Feb 13, 2012, at 1:09 PM
  • Don't forget Michael Porter. Who else from the area should Nutt have gotten? I think he's done a good job getting good local talent. I don't want anybody on the team, local or not, who can't help the team.

-- Posted by SEMO83 on Mon, Feb 13, 2012, at 2:43 PM
  • I was speaking more historically than anything. I agree that Coach Nutt has done a good job and really enjoy it when SEMO does well.

-- Posted by robbincrosby on Wed, Feb 15, 2012, at 11:13 AM
  • robbincrosby, WAH, WAH, WAH.

You'd be moaning and groaning if they signed a bunch of local talent and didn't win too. "Why don't they go sign real talent?"

Now, let's go Redhawks!

-- Posted by redhawkstudent on Wed, Feb 15, 2012, at 7:03 PM

Wow... First Time listening to Eric Sean doing play by play for Semo and Wow...

He sucks!

-- Posted by Haterade on Wed, Feb 15, 2012, at 7:33 PM
  • My point is, they have been losing for years with kids from all across the country. Why not try some local talent? Southeast Missouri has good basketball players. It seems like none of the previous coaches ever tried to "close off" this area. It's hard to build a fan base when you've never heard of most, if not, all of the players. I say again, Coach Nutt has done a good job and I wish the Redhawks nothing but the best.

-- Posted by robbincrosby on Wed, Feb 15, 2012, at 7:44 PM
  • Even though I'm disappointed in the way the game turned out, it's clear that this team is headed in the right direction. I think the underclassmen leadership on this team is strong enough to continue this success after losing Powell and Brister. I hope that everyone that was there tonight will get behind the team and start going to more games next year. This team and program deserves atleast 5000 people a night in that arena and tonight I hope people realized that these games are fun and we have a good program now.

-- Posted by V,B on Wed, Feb 15, 2012, at 11:27 PM
  • Agreed. The atmosphere was great. Semo got down too big early and took a little life out of the crowd and couldn't recover. I hope this community builds off this and comes out and supports and good team next year!

-- Posted by dukefan on Thu, Feb 16, 2012, at 6:33 AM

Matt Foley,

I strongly disagree with you about Erik Sean. I'm guessing your not a SEMO fan if that is the first time you have listened to him.

jckpride

-- Posted by gregbrown80 on Thu, Feb 16, 2012, at 8:13 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: