High School Volleyball Forum: MHSVCA State Rankings (Sept. 4)

Posted by The Legend on Sun, Sep 8, 2013, at 12:39 AM:

The first poll of the Missouri High School Volleyball Coaches Association (MHSVCA)'s state-ranked teams has been released for all classes except Class 2.

CLASS 1

1. Winona

2. Bernie

3. Osceola

4. Santa Fe

5. West Platte

6. Pierce City

7. Advance

8. Midway

9. Sacred Heart

10. Valle Catholic

CLASS 3

1. Visitation Academy

2. St. Francis Borgia

3. Villa Duchesne

4. Perryville

5. Lutheran South

6. Pleasant Hill

7. Logan-Rogersville

8. St. Dominic

9. Ste. Genevieve

10. Archbishop O'Hara

Also Considered: St. Pius X (Kansas City), Mary Institute & Country Day School (MICDS), St. Charles West, Duchesne, Notre Dame (Cape Girardeau), Westminster Christian Academy

CLASS 4

1. Lafayette (Wildwood)

2. St. Joseph's Academy

3. Ozark

4. St. Teresa's Academy

5. Liberty

6. Marquette

7. Jefferson City

8. Helias Catholic

9. Blue Springs South

10. Lee's Summit West

Also Considered: Park Hill South, Cor Jesu Academy, Incarnate Word Academy, Rock Bridge, Kirkwood, Francis Howell, Lindbergh, Republic, Glendale, Nixa, Blue Springs

Replies (4)

• Class 2???

-- Posted by Pete Czeria on Sun, Sep 8, 2013, at 7:28 AM
  • lol wow Class 1 is so off it's not funny

-- Posted by SEMOvbfan on Mon, Sep 9, 2013, at 12:19 PM
  • I think Class 1 is fairly accurate. I watched Winona compete at the state tournament last year and they are hands down the best team in the state. They have one player who hits the ball harder than any adult man I've ever seen and she was only a sophomore last season. Other sports forums online show that she is already being looked at by several Division II schools. Rachel Holthaus is her name.

Bernie is most definitely going to be tough to beat this year. I've heard Bismarck is sharp this season as well. It'll be interesting to watch these two teams duke it out this weekend at the SEMO tournament. Bernie seemed to handle Bismarck with ease when they played last year.

I was surprised that Lesterville is not on the list. They are returning their two best players from last season: Drew Myers and Immerah Bethume. Also surprising to see that Leopold is not on the list. They are always one of the most consistently dominating teams in the sport.

I can't wait to see how all these teams look this weekend at the tournament!

-- Posted by The Legend on Mon, Sep 9, 2013, at 1:30 PM
  • Any Class 2 rankings?!?!?

-- Posted by Pete Czeria on Mon, Sep 9, 2013, at 3:40 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: