High School Volleyball Forum: Why?

Posted by joefrank78 on Tue, Oct 20, 2009, at 4:07 PM:

Why do volleyball players always bend over as if trying to squeeze into a picture when being photographed after winning a tournament? There is always enough room in the picture for them to stand up straight.

Replies (5)

• Because all volleyball players are hugely tall and actually do need to squeeze into the picture. Why does it really matter anyways?

-- Posted by queenofsidelines on Wed, Oct 21, 2009, at 3:02 PM
  • LOL! I have to agree with queenofsidelines on this topic. What difference does it make?

-- Posted by drawmules on Wed, Oct 21, 2009, at 4:40 PM
  • Okay joefrank78, I talked to some of my volleyball friends and asked them why they bend over in pictures. After they got done laughing at the question (I let them read your question), they said they bend over in pictures because "it looks more feminine instead of just standing there like a bunch of dudes". Happy?

-- Posted by queenofsidelines on Mon, Oct 26, 2009, at 8:35 AM
  • Indeed! Makes sense to me. But, you will notice it from now on too, as will the rest of your volleyball friends. It's just fun.

-- Posted by joefrank78 on Mon, Oct 26, 2009, at 8:57 PM
  • Oh believe me, I already notice it! I used to do it myself (ex-volleyball player) and I take many team pictures (current yearbook photographer).

-- Posted by queenofsidelines on Tue, Oct 27, 2009, at 8:24 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: