High School Volleyball Forum: New front-page design

Posted by Rachel Crader on Tue, Oct 11, 2011, at 2:16 AM:

Hey everyone,

I'm sure you've noticed that I made a new design for the homepage active tonight.

My hope is that you'll find the page to be a less cluttered and easier-to-use gateway to all the information want to find on the site. While the page is much shorter now, for lack of a better term, you'll find there is more information (stories, photos, videos, scores, etc.) on the page than before.

I know change to any website you've made a habit of visiting can be hard to adjust to, but I hope you'll find yourself agreeing with the previous paragraph soon. Please leave any questions or comments you have about the new design and I'll do my best to answer them Tuesday afternoon.

There will be some follow-up changes coming (nothing too dramatic...I'll let you know what is happening when it happens), but this step needed to happen first. I hope you'll find that we're moving toward a better semoball. If not, I trust you'll let me know. :)

Replies (10)

• I already like it

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Tue, Oct 11, 2011, at 7:14 AM
  • I rarely use the front page (just have my school bookmarked), so I cannot really comment on what changes were made. However, I do notice you need to change the title of the homepage. It says "Test Page". Just a friendly helper. :-)

-- Posted by AvidNewsReader on Tue, Oct 11, 2011, at 8:23 AM

My iPhone is refusing to stay on the home page. I don't know if this is just a problem for me but that could be an issue since a lot of us do check the site via phone.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Oct 11, 2011, at 8:25 AM

My phone is working ok... Just FYI

-- Posted by Haterade on Tue, Oct 11, 2011, at 8:29 AM
  • my ibone is working ok also cept it wont make calls with no bars.

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Tue, Oct 11, 2011, at 9:02 AM

Let's keep it clean, bearcat. And, I like to new format. It's easy to navigate and much more user-friendly.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Tue, Oct 11, 2011, at 9:13 AM
  • yayyay i am alwayt clean Bucko. tok a bath this morning. i like the new websites. good work rachel crader.

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Tue, Oct 11, 2011, at 9:19 AM
  • Thanks for the feedback. Can anyone else tell me if the site is working OK on their iPhone or any other smartphone.

Thanks for the tip, Avid. I fixed that. :)

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Tue, Oct 11, 2011, at 6:01 PM
  • It is working on my Iphone

-- Posted by Gary Pinkel on Tue, Oct 11, 2011, at 7:03 PM
  • Work fine on my phone. Only thing I could suggest is adding more threads on the left hand column on the homepage. It hasn't been a problem yet this year but I remember last year we would have quite a few forums being updated very frequently and having more of them on the home screen would be easier than searching for them.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Tue, Oct 11, 2011, at 7:30 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: