High School Softball Forum: Fall Softball Standouts?

Posted by ClearEyes1 on Tue, Sep 23, 2014, at 3:21 PM:

Pitching: Alexis Dock-Kelly

Shayna Tharp-Naylor

Tiffany Taylor-Portageville

Nikki Peters-Notre Dame

?

Catchers: Gracie King, Poplar Bluff

Infield: Samantha Ratledge-Kelly

Outfield: ?

Hitting: Riley Washburn-Neelyville

Mackenzie Bradford-Winona

?

Replies (14)

• The Dock kid does a great job, I watched several gms at Jackson Invit Sat.I was impressed with Dock, Taylor and the pitcher for Farmington. I'm not sure if there was better hitter there Saturday than the Farmington kid. The only team to have success against her was Kelly, I watched 2 other teams intentionally walk her and PB still gave up a grand slam to her. Farmington won the 3 games she pitched why didn't she pitch against Kelly? Anyone know?

-- Posted by JoeSmoe on Wed, Sep 24, 2014, at 10:47 AM
  • Kennett has some really good talent.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Sep 24, 2014, at 1:20 PM
  • I think Kelly may win Class 2 this year. Farmington pitcher just needed a break. Jackson Tourney is a good showcase of talent. Lots of good games.

-- Posted by ClearEyes1 on Wed, Sep 24, 2014, at 4:57 PM
  • Taylor Hess from Notre Dame for hitting and outfield she leads the team in batting average. And has done well in the outfield, she has the speed to cover about anything in the outfield.

-- Posted by ND Fan on Wed, Sep 24, 2014, at 9:45 PM
  • Taylor Hess from Notre Dame for hitting and outfield she leads the team in batting average. And has done well in the outfield, she has the speed to cover about anything in the outfield.

-- Posted by ND Fan on Wed, Sep 24, 2014, at 9:45 PM
  • Portageville lost to Desoto 1-0 last night. If Tiffany can shut down that lineup, that's impressive. As for Farmington, they could make a run. I know they will face a tough sectional but the Nash girl is legit.

-- Posted by deckerd31 on Wed, Sep 24, 2014, at 10:48 PM
  • I think you have to give the pitcher from Sikeston some props.Shes pitched almost every inning last season and she's pitched every inning so far this season. If shes on or if shes off.If the defense is making 0 or 7 errors behind her shes in that circle.You also gotta point out Maggie Shepard at third and at the plate.

-- Posted by str8 softball fan on Thu, Sep 25, 2014, at 9:11 AM
  • I was lucky enough to be able to watch several games last weekend at the Jackson Invitational Tournament and I was impressed with how good the competition was. Only seen a couple lopsided scores and lots of really good games.

I did watch the Kelly-Farmington game. The Nash kid didn't start the game but did come in 4th inning when Kelly started putting runners on base. She gave up a 2 run double and another RBI hit to allow Kelly to score its 3rd run. The Dock kid gave up 2 hits in the game and the run ended up scoring on a wild pitch in the 1st inning. She shut down a very good Farmington team as well as the Nash kid, who was leading the St Louis area in home runs. (She has verbal committed to Central Methodist University)

The local teams played well in the tournament, Kelly, Notre Dame, Portageville, and Jackson were the top 4 finishers. All the northern (St Louis area) schools made the tournament very competitive. Farmington, Windsor, Cor Jesu, Nernix Hall, Festus, and Lutheran South added a nice level of competition and had some nice players too.

-- Posted by Softballfan1215 on Fri, Sep 26, 2014, at 4:07 AM
  • Kelly jv is pulling its own weight too. Looks like tradition is going strong.

Poplar Bluff jv looked strong too, along with Portageville.

-- Posted by demarini 14 on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 8:43 PM
  • Tiffany Taylor- Portageville

-- Posted by UFO on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 11:00 AM
  • Agreed UFO, she's the premier hurler in semo. Also agreed on

Maggie Shepherd from sikeston, one of best third sackers in area, great hitter too.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 11:27 AM
  • Was that you at the game in Puxico hawk85 ? That was a good one.

-- Posted by GoSox on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 9:18 PM
  • Who has the most homeruns in season in the area? Anybody hitting double digits this season, anybody in the last 5 years hit double digit HR's?

-- Posted by JoeSmoe on Wed, Oct 15, 2014, at 12:35 PM
  • Darby Pruett from Naylor hit double digit HRs.

-- Posted by NaylorFan14 on Sat, Dec 20, 2014, at 10:40 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: