High School Soccer Forum: Soccerfest oooops

Posted by Tigerguy on Wed, Sep 5, 2012, at 9:39 PM:

I will say off the top I am proud to be a Cape Central fan and no, my kid does not play soccer. I am extremely frustrated with ND's decision to not finish the Soccerfest tourney with a REAL championship game. To declare a champion based on a regular season game is an easy out for the host. I am sure if ND would have been in that the red carpet would be rolled out. If someone has a REAL or LEGITIMATE reason why they did not want Cape vs Jackson on their field it would be appreciated! Remember, REAL or LEGITIMATE only. I think it is tacky and very unprofessional, there is NO reason. Must be humbling!

Read more: semoball.com: High School Soccer Forum : Schedule for ND Soccer Fest? http://semoball.com/forums/highschoolsoccer/thread/5224#ixzz25eYacfur

Replies (11)

• my gosh. since when did central folks get such a chip on their shoulder? as seen in the other thread, both teams coaches decided not to play the game. that is the reason as stated from a primary source.

-- Posted by V,B on Wed, Sep 5, 2012, at 11:50 PM
  • V,B- the places I looked---ND website, soccerfest link, Cape and Jackson school websites,here on semoball----had nothing when I looked; if there would have been, there would have been no post. Still think its disappointing nothing else could be worked out.

-- Posted by Tigerguy on Thu, Sep 6, 2012, at 7:54 PM
  • i agree its disappointing as a fan, and for the players, but the coaches of Cape and Jackson didn't want to play an extra game this week so they chose to forgo the final. notre dame had nothing to do with that decision. i'm automatically going to become defensive when someone comes on here and calls my school tacky and unprofessional without knowing the facts first. that's all. good luck to both teams the rest of the season.

-- Posted by V,B on Thu, Sep 6, 2012, at 9:13 PM

I love it. Ever heard of a TELEPHONE, Tigerguy? You were angry you couldn't find information about a decision that had JUST BEEN MADE, as if there are little internet monkeys waiting to update every detail the moment they're available. So what do you do? You make rash assumptions and start thumping your chest on a public message board, blowing your hate-horn and hoping some other keyboard blowhards answer the call and join you in a glorious anti-ND orgy. Typical.

-- Posted by Captain Awesome on Fri, Sep 7, 2012, at 6:15 AM
  • Hey Mr. "Awesome" let's go back to basic math----long time rivalries+tournament+meet in championship game=naahhh we don't wanna play; uhhhhh yeah-- that's more like 2+2=5 but whatever. And I'm just a stupid idiotic Central fan with a rotary phone so it doesn't work with today's technology; maybe you could catch up to what's happening today; everyhting's online, multi media and I'm sure sources would love to get flooded wih calls. Our society is all about Internet, online, email, etc. Hey whatever, and its amazing you know me so well.

-- Posted by Tigerguy on Mon, Sep 10, 2012, at 8:24 PM

"everyhting's online"

Umm...apparently not.

Also, Tigerguy, I'm not sure how your references to math and rotary phones (I did get a kick out of that, by the way) relate to your initial foul-tempered, misinformed post. Are you embarrassed that you threw a fit for no reason and got called out on it by numerous other posters so now you're throwing another tantrum?

Dude, it's cool. We all make mistakes. It's just that your mistake happened to be hate-mongering on a public forum for no good reason. And instead of calling you out on it, we're all just supposed to shut up and take it because, according to YOU, the information that YOU screwed up should have been online so that YOU wouldn't have to make any serious attempt at getting your facts straight before spewing your vitriol. Wow. Rock on, keyboard warrior.

-- Posted by Captain Awesome on Tue, Sep 11, 2012, at 7:49 AM
  • Hey, Captain Awesome I think we could actually be friends! Heck, we might be! I would NEVER just expect people to shut up and take it; trust me, you wanna hear year after year how you're the armpit of the region I could probably fill you in!! On the math that's about all the deeper it goes, glad you found humor in it! Takes more than that to embarrass myself, I'd be embarrassed if I did absolutely nothing and spewed; and it got some attention anyway! I do think I pulled some "support", well, one on this forum, but a few on the other forum. I will do this, next time I'll check Internet, make calls, check tv, listen to radio-----I'll run the gammit first!!! And I will ROCK ON with the keyboard!!!!!!! I will ask however, what would be a '"serious attempt" for the general public to make so it'd be legit? I know, call and get voicemail and a call back maybe 3 days later!!!! :)

-- Posted by Tigerguy on Tue, Sep 11, 2012, at 8:36 PM

I just went cross-eyed reading that.

-- Posted by Captain Awesome on Wed, Sep 12, 2012, at 6:45 AM
  • Baseballguy---What are you referring to?

-- Posted by crackerjack on Wed, Sep 12, 2012, at 11:01 AM
  • Hey Captain Awesome,

All I could do is laugh! So if I see a guy in public with crossed eyes I'll know who you are!!!!!!

This whole forum started south and kept going I guess!!!!!!

-- Posted by Tigerguy on Wed, Sep 12, 2012, at 6:12 PM
  • cape wanted to play that night. and bulletman, baseball guy is referring to central sliding after the games.

-- Posted by centraltyga on Thu, Oct 4, 2012, at 2:27 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: