Other High School Sports Forum: Class 3 District 1 Track and Field Meet

Posted by sbulldog4life on Sat, May 15, 2010, at 7:14 PM:

I posted this thread in the wrong forum earlier, oops. Does anyone have any results or know how the local teams did? I believe someone on here earlier said they were still going to hold the meet today.

Replies (5)

• Just got back. Farmington won the district championship, Sikeston finished second, 6.5 points behind. I can give you a run down on the Sikeston athletes who advanced to sectional and a few of the other local athletes:

From Sikeston:

Josh Carlyle -2nd place shot put

Jarian Wims - 3rd place shot put

Tanner Bryant - 2nd place 300m hurdles

Alex Clark - 2nd place 110m hurdles

Martez Evans - 4th place high jump

Tre Lewis 2nd place long jump

Daryl Howard - 3rd place long jump

Tre Lewis - 2nd place triple jump

Daryl Howard - 3rd place triple jump

Ishmael Johnson 1st place 400m dash

Ray Clark 3rd place 200 m dash

Ray Clark 4th place 100m dash

The 4x400 meter relay finished second and the 4x200 meter relay finished first. The number one seeded 4x100 meter relay team was disqualified due to a false start.

I think that's it for Sikeston boys. I don't know how the girls did.

Kennett:

Will Johnson won both the 110m and 300m hurdles

Notre Dame:

I think Grant Eudy won the high jump and Joe Froemsdorf finished either 1st or 2nd in the pole vault.

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Sat, May 15, 2010, at 8:23 PM

Thanx for the info football monkey, they finally posted the results on the mo track and field site, don't know how much of a follower you are but here are the official results

http://mo.milesplit.us/meets/72369/results/123249

It's ashame Sikeston didn't get another one but then again they don't have the human grasshopper AKA Cal Lane either. I'm also disappointed they DQ'd in the the 4x100 relay. I think that cost them the district championship. It's a good look for the girls, they finished third and have several qualifying for sectionals so the boys and girls of Sikeston are stacked going into sectionals. Also, congratulations to the Farmington men's on snapping the Sikeston men's hold on the district crown and the Sikeston women's again who finished third and Farmington women's who finished fourth respectively.

-- Posted by sbulldog4life on Sun, May 16, 2010, at 6:30 AM
  • I got a few of the results wrong above. Darryl Howard actually got second in the triple jump and Tre Lewis was third. Joe Froemsdorf of ND finished second in the pole vault.

I recently learned the names of the kids on Sikeston's relay teams that are advancing to sectional:

4x200 - Alex Clark, Ray Clark, Ishmael Johnson, Tre Lewis

4x400 - Tanner Bryant, Quentin Washington, Alex Clark, Ishmael Johnson

Finally, G'Darius Stevenson of NMCC took second in the 100 meter dash and 1st in the 200 meter dash.

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Sun, May 16, 2010, at 8:52 AM
  • Congrats to the boys and girls track teams for their showing at the District track meet. First would have been nice for the boys, but second is not bad. A DQ in a race you should win easy is very costly, but unfortunately those things happen. They should get alot of athletes through next week at the Sectional meet. Also the girls performances were very strong. Go get em Bulldogs!!

-- Posted by semo ref on Sun, May 16, 2010, at 10:58 AM
  • Wynn McClellan of notre dame qualified in the 1600 and 3200 m run and they qualified their 4x100 m relay.

-- Posted by semo2014 on Mon, May 17, 2010, at 11:44 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: