High School Football Forum: Webb City

Posted by buyer beware on Tue, Oct 27, 2015, at 4:18 PM:

Has anyone seen this article? Maybe someone has posted this before and I didn't see it. I think it's very interesting.

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/how-a-small-missouri-city-spawned-a-football-dynasty...

Replies (5)

• That's a great football program (and a neat town if you've never been there).

They compete. And they teach competition and tradition from an early age while ensuring student-athletes understand that there's life after Fridays (although Saturdays are in some of their futures). It's a tough sale to get kids to dream of playing for their high school without burning them out before they ever get there. And it's hard to sell a tough schedule to people in the community who are concerned about keeping the streak alive over playing quality competition . But they do it. And they do it very well.

I look forward to watching them in November for years to come.

-- Posted by Nada on Tue, Oct 27, 2015, at 5:50 PM
  • I agree Stands! They have a great thing going on and it's not just football! I have several friends that live in Webb and it's the real deal, that story wasn't exaggerating. Here's a nice article that was in the Joplin Globe about the quarterback which happens to be coach Rod's son!

http://m.joplinglobe.com/sports/local_sports/from-ball-boy-to-signal-caller-rode...

-- Posted by LHSTigerFan on Tue, Oct 27, 2015, at 6:04 PM
  • "Looks like WC and Valle have more in common than just state titles"

Valle has some kookoo deluxe wack job who posts on every article written about the football team that swats at school are a form of child molestation too? What an odd coincidence!

-- Posted by mazz on Tue, Oct 27, 2015, at 6:47 PM
  • No, but we do have Bleed Green. 😀😀😀😀

-- Posted by Simpleminds on Tue, Oct 27, 2015, at 6:57 PM
  • Every board has one!

-- Posted by mazz on Tue, Oct 27, 2015, at 7:24 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: