High School Football Forum: WHO WINS THE CARR TROPHY THIS YEAR?????

Posted by SouthEspn on Mon, Oct 26, 2015, at 11:18 AM:

I have my top 5 Candidates

in no particular order

Wilson- Kennett

Young- Cape

Stevens- Dexters

Francisco- Poplar Bluff

Thompson- Malden

I think I'm going Stevens- Dexter

Who ya got?????

Replies (44)

• Brayden Krause should get consideration just my opinion

-- Posted by Farmtown on Mon, Oct 26, 2015, at 11:23 AM
  • School record in tds, one of the best kickers and punters in state

-- Posted by Farmtown on Mon, Oct 26, 2015, at 11:31 AM
  • My order:

1. Stevens

2. Young

3. Wilson

-- Posted by semo7178 on Mon, Oct 26, 2015, at 11:33 AM
  • Have not heard of him...he's a kicker???

-- Posted by SouthEspn on Mon, Oct 26, 2015, at 11:33 AM
  • He's a receiver with 16 tds, put up 244 yards 3 tds against vianney with 5 receptions, and is a big time d-1 kicking prospect. Has like 1200 yards receiving this year, and 2 return tds I believe

-- Posted by Farmtown on Mon, Oct 26, 2015, at 11:44 AM
  • Al

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Oct 26, 2015, at 1:25 PM

Francisco all the way. Was a very quiet WR/DB for three years, moved to QB and has been amazing despite his inexperience at the position. He also plays DB still and does the punting and is the team's leading rusher as well. Not a lot of kids do what he's done and thrive at QB when their only interscholastic experience at the position was as the second stringer in Jr. High.

-- Posted by WWE Guru on Mon, Oct 26, 2015, at 1:36 PM
  • Krause sound like the real deal @Farmtown

I did not get to watch him but I've watched several guys from Cape down including PB....

If we were talking career then Al Young would be a no brainer... But IMO Wilson and Stevens have had better seasons....Even though I think Stevens should win it, I think since Al Young could have won it the last 2 years that he will probably get it.

-- Posted by SouthEspn on Mon, Oct 26, 2015, at 2:13 PM
  • Just can't see giving it to a kid who's team won 3 games and 2 of the teams they beat had 1 win between them.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Mon, Oct 26, 2015, at 3:01 PM
  • I don't think Kraus is eligible since he plays for Farmington. I may be wrong, but I don't think Farmington is in the coverage area for the Carr Trophy.

I think Al Young will win it even though his stats this season don't compare this season with Stevens, Francisco, Wilson, or Thompson. I think the sportswriters will reward him for the incredible career he had at Cape Central.

In my opinion, other worthy candidates are Eddie Wilson, Ethan Stevens, Nick Thompson, Tristan Francisco, and Peyton Faulkner. BIGELW is right though when he points out that playing on a 3-7 Dexter team will hurt Stevens' chances.

Nick Thompson will almost surely win the Defensive Player of the Year.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Oct 26, 2015, at 4:04 PM
  • Al wood be Zou's #1 receiver RITE NOW. Sorry to embarrass you, Al, by mentioning ur name in the same sentence as Zou.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Oct 26, 2015, at 4:06 PM
  • It's a semo conference award, he's eligible

-- Posted by Farmtown on Mon, Oct 26, 2015, at 4:07 PM
  • Mizzous got a kid that broke national records in high school, 4 star recruit, it didn't translate

-- Posted by Farmtown on Mon, Oct 26, 2015, at 4:13 PM
  • Rite now zou has not one starter on O that would start on ANY SEC team. They are that horrible. Im not exaggerating.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Oct 26, 2015, at 4:17 PM
  • I dont think Zou could score in the OVC either

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Oct 26, 2015, at 4:19 PM
  • Or vs Valley's D

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Oct 26, 2015, at 4:19 PM
  • As far as receivers go Jeremy Elliott, #9 from Jackson, is by far the best in the area. During the post game interview with the Farmington coach, he mentioned multiple times how they just could not defend him. If the ball was anywhere close to him, he got it. He has incredible stats and that's with first year varsity quarterbacks.

-- Posted by dirtysouth on Mon, Oct 26, 2015, at 5:28 PM
  • Elliot had 19 or 20 TDs this year. I think 1,600 plus yards. Only missed one PAT. And played CB, SS, and FS.

Probably going to be:

1. Young

T-2. Elliot or Stevens

-- Posted by Nada on Mon, Oct 26, 2015, at 6:01 PM

Elliot didn't play Defense.

-- Posted by BigRedFan on Mon, Oct 26, 2015, at 7:29 PM
  • Radio said he played three quarters Friday night. Played sporadically throughout the year.

-- Posted by Nada on Mon, Oct 26, 2015, at 7:38 PM

Krause would be eligible. The Carr is a SEMO conference award, Farmington plays in the SEMO North.

-- Posted by WWE Guru on Mon, Oct 26, 2015, at 8:04 PM
  • Elliott had 14 tackles Friday the most on the team Friday night. So much for not playing defense.

-- Posted by 4reel on Mon, Oct 26, 2015, at 8:28 PM
  • As I said before let's give Francisco from pb a look. First year qb has outstanding numbers, if he were able to play the 6 quarters that were missed with forfeit game and game coach didn't want to run up score so took him out at half he would be pushing 3500 to 3800 yards. Is second on team in tackles. Take him away from team and season is not even at 500. Go mules!!!!!!!!

-- Posted by Mulepride on Mon, Oct 26, 2015, at 9:32 PM

Then why didn't he play defense vs Cape?

-- Posted by BigRedFan on Mon, Oct 26, 2015, at 9:44 PM
  • Injuries maybe. Maybe an individual match up. I don't know. But he clearly played defense.

-- Posted by Nada on Mon, Oct 26, 2015, at 9:50 PM
  • Ask the coach. He is an amazing athlete. He proves it everytime he takes tge field no matter what position he plays. As a reciever not only did he record more than 75 receptions because he rarly dropped a pass. They ran behind him because he was an exceptional blocker. You couldn't count how many defenders he took off there feet because you don't have enough fingers and toes. :)

-- Posted by 4reel on Tue, Oct 27, 2015, at 4:51 AM

4reel sounds like another parent making a case for his son.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Tue, Oct 27, 2015, at 6:51 AM
  • @Just

I think his stats - like the others' - speak for themselves.

(Not sure why you didn't make that same comment about "Muleprides' post.)

-- Posted by Nada on Tue, Oct 27, 2015, at 7:50 AM
  • He did play defense against Cape, just not a lot. Why risk an injury of one of your strongest offensive players with time left in the season. It comes down to the fact that Elliott is a top contender for the award, and his name needs to be on the list. Dante even stated in his interview at Wings Etc. last week that he was like his Paul McRoberts. That speaks a lot right there to me. If he wasn't a top player, why would they even ask Dante his thoughts about him?

-- Posted by dirtysouth on Tue, Oct 27, 2015, at 8:08 AM

Nice yo see more Mules fans on besides me. Yeah if we would have had that game aginsy Maplewood he'd be pushing 3000 yards even without us barely throwing against Normandy.

-- Posted by WWE Guru on Tue, Oct 27, 2015, at 8:13 AM
  • I have seen all of the names listed but Wilson and will see him Friday night. Elliot has had a better year at reciever than Young but Yound has many more all purpose yards and is an all-state d back. Francisco is an exceptional athlete but not on the level of Young. Thompson is a great linebacker but doesnt compare to Al on O. Krause and Stevens are good players but cant compare to the others.

Al Yound gets my vote at this point

-- Posted by Saderfan on Tue, Oct 27, 2015, at 8:25 AM
  • All that and misspelled Young

-- Posted by Saderfan on Tue, Oct 27, 2015, at 8:26 AM
  • Tough tough tough class. So many good athletes. Definitely not a walk away winner in this class. Would like to see a hometown athlete win, but whoever does will be deserving.

-- Posted by Mulepride on Tue, Oct 27, 2015, at 10:28 AM
  • My top 3 in no order

1. Wilson

2. Francisco

3. Elliot

Why, you say. Well you take their season and numbers are great. You take them off the team and the whole team finishes nowhere like the seasons they have had. Cap wins without young, dexter surely could win 3 without Stevens, Farmington still wins without Krause,

-- Posted by Mulepride on Tue, Oct 27, 2015, at 10:40 AM
  • If Young wouldn't take so many plays off he would run away with it. But he honestly comes across as lazy some times. (If you don't believe me, watch film) Francisco has had a monster year with Monster numbers, not to mention he is one game short due to forfeit. I'm pretty confident that the writers will give it to Young due to his career at Cape and the success they have had at that time, but Francisco has had a better season this year, hands down. But, I'm sure some unnamed quacks on here will create a petition to give Valle the trophy.

-- Posted by Clever User Name on Wed, Oct 28, 2015, at 2:08 AM

Clever, you don't put together a career like Young being lazy! I don't doubt he gets bored at times. He runs in zig zags sometimes just to practice his cuts! I have watched him make defenders look like a Pee wee league. He's on another level that's why he takes the Carr!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Wed, Oct 28, 2015, at 10:02 AM
  • He's the only possible D-I recruit in the area, gotta give it to Al

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Oct 28, 2015, at 10:07 AM

If you watch film u must be player or coach from Bluff. How else would you have access to Cape's film. Talk up your player, don't talk down on another one to make yours look better. Since you watch film what did he do to take off plays? I specifically remember a QB sneak where Al was at RB and when QB broke down the side line Al sprinted to pancake Francisco so his QB could score. Bet that isn't in the stat sheet.

-- Posted by NewTigerFan on Wed, Oct 28, 2015, at 10:38 AM

The problem with the Carr Trophy is that it's no real criteria to winning it.

-- Posted by bootheelsports on Wed, Oct 28, 2015, at 10:43 AM

The problem with the Carr Trophy is that it's no real criteria to winning it.

-- Posted by bootheelsports on Wed, Oct 28, 2015, at 10:43 AM
  • Agreed, no need to call out kids here and use labels like "lazy".

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Oct 28, 2015, at 10:44 AM
  • Nope, not on the mules coaching staff or a player, so don't get that rumor started. Simply givIng my opinion, which apparently needs to be kept to myself. Haha

-- Posted by Clever User Name on Wed, Oct 28, 2015, at 2:12 PM
  • If "player one" is pretty much the only "good" player on his team, he shouldn't get "bonus" consideration over "player two" (who may have had a far superior season) simply because "player two" plays for a better team!

-- Posted by semo7178 on Wed, Oct 28, 2015, at 2:19 PM
  • Ok, and I take that back ciri, he is not lazy just takes plays off here and there.

-- Posted by Clever User Name on Wed, Oct 28, 2015, at 2:27 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: