High School Football Forum: Lamar comes to the swamp

Posted by Green&GoldNation on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 2:06 PM:

What we all been waiting for an talked about now it's time.we cant wait for the challenge. Preah,Buck and boggin What yoll thank are chances is? My son is in his last year an he's going out with a bang GREENWAVE 42 LAMAR 27 UPSET!

Replies (44)

I HOPE MALDEN CAGES THE TIGERS!!!! ANYBODY CAN BE BEAT ON ANY GIVEN SUNDAY, THURSDAY, FRIDAY, OR SATURDAY!!!!! GO GREENWAVE!!! ##CHARLESTON BLUEJAY ALUM '96

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 2:14 PM

YEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 2:14 PM

DROWN THE LAMAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 2:15 PM
  • Upset is possible...but unlikely.

Maryville and Ft. Osage got upended last night, so anything can happen. I HOPE Malden wins, but my head says Lamar will win by whatever score they decide to put up.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'll say...

Lamar 49 - Malden 30

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 2:15 PM

I say just go out and give 110% GREENWAVE. STUDY YOUR ASSIGNMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LAMAR PLAYERS ARE NOT ROBOTS, THEY ARE HUMAN JUST LIKE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! GO FSU SEMINOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 2:20 PM

GREENWAVE...." they went through two a days in a 100 degree weather, and you did you too, they bleed just like you do!!"-FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 2:22 PM

Sorry...I just don't think that LAMAR is invincible, sorry.....I'm just excited.... :-)

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 2:25 PM

MALDEN-24

LAMAR-19

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 2:25 PM

@DEAN...NO, NO, NO, THE 1996 TEAM WAS THE BEST!!! AND I WOULD RIDE WITH YOU, BUT I'M IN JEFFERSON CITY, MO...LOL

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 2:37 PM

NO DISRESPECT TO LEORNARD CORBITT, LAMONT FRAIZER, CHRIS GARY OR COACH FORREST...LOL

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 2:40 PM

NOOOW HOOPS....33-0, ENUFF SAID..THE ORIGINAL MAC ATTACK..CHARLESTON 69, SOLDAN 49, 1990(off the sub)

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 2:42 PM

By the way, former Charleston Bluejay Head Football Coach, Joe Forrest, used to coach at Malden first.#funfacts

-- Posted by 11TIMEST.CHMPS@BLUEJAYS on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 2:46 PM
  • Lamar 42 Malden 21

-- Posted by cardinalnation on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 2:50 PM

Lamar 42 Malden 6

-- Posted by Lippy Radeck on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 2:50 PM

Any way we could keep the thread discussion relevant to the subject?

-- Posted by Lippy Radeck on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 3:16 PM

LU Tiger, I agree w you 100%! This whole idea that Lamar is invincible is crazy! This is anybody's ball game and I'm choosing the Green Wave! At the end of the day they all are kids 15-18 yrs old who love the game! At least I hope Lamar won't be fielding 19 yr olds! Malden has an awesome strength program and they are ready for the challenge.

Malden Class of 93-(92 All Stater on the grid iron)

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 4:02 PM

Lamar is definitely not invincible. Nobody team is. Has anybody said that? Don't create a strawman argument!

And my guess is that Malden's strength program is nowhere where it needs to be to win a state championship.

-- Posted by Lippy Radeck on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 4:16 PM
  • Jstt you are picking with your heart. Not your head but that's ok u should support your team. But final 41-7 Lamar

-- Posted by Steve88 on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 4:33 PM
  • Lippy needs a hobby other than hating on highschool teams on a message board. DB

-- Posted by BBUBET on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 4:57 PM

I don't hate- just state my opinion as an observer. Sorry it's not what you want to hear!

-- Posted by Lippy Radeck on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 5:01 PM
  • The head coach we have is from the west area. He's big on the wieght lifting program they even lift on game day just like Lamar.

Lippy.

-- Posted by Green&GoldNation on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 5:50 PM

Where is he from? What is his coaching background?

-- Posted by Lippy Radeck on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 5:53 PM
  • Well since my opinion has been asked for, I think Lamar will win by 3 TDs. As Maryville learned last night, no one is invincible, but Lamar just seems to me to be the better team. If the Green Wave are going to pull it off, they're going to have to pass a lot more than they're used to doing.

How is Malden even going to prepare in practice for their 2 QB system? It's one thing to study it on film, but another thing to play against it, esp. for the first time.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 6:03 PM

Be very careful giving an honest, unbiased opinion here, Preacher. Seems that many here would rather just have this be a cheerleading session than a football discussion.

-- Posted by Lippy Radeck on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 6:08 PM
  • Mountain grove,with a winning percentage of .635

-- Posted by Green&GoldNation on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 6:13 PM
  • An I respect your opinion. Will u be there?

-- Posted by Green&GoldNation on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 6:14 PM
  • Green&GoldNation, I wish I could be there, but a prior out of town commitment precludes it. I'm sure there will be a huge crowd and a great atmosphere at the Swamp though!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 6:20 PM

"And my guess is that Malden's strength program is nowhere where it needs to be to win a state championship." This is definitely not an educated guess, Lippy. What scale do you use to evaluate such a guess?

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 6:25 PM

You're right, JSTT. It is not an educated guess. Are all of their players in weights classes, even in junior high? Do they all lift year-round?

I don't know the answers to these questions. If they all are, they will see the dividends. And they will likely be able to compete at a state level. Valle does it. All of the teams on the other side of the state that win titles do it. Teams in SEMO typically do not. The scale I use to wager this guess is the list of state title winners in the last 20 years. Take a look at it? See any patterns. In my opinion, the biggest factor is weight room. Hopefully, Malden is doing it right and sees the results. My guess is still...that they aren't.

-- Posted by Lippy Radeck on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 6:55 PM

I'd say that your guess is absolutely wrong. Any varsity coach worth anything will implement a weight training program from Middle School on up through the varsity level. Any coach coaching below this coach has a responsibility to ensure its happening or his job is at stake. I don't know Coach Wyatt personally but from I've learned of him tells me that he's not a beginner. Back in the early 90's we were doing that at Malden. I'm not sure where you went to school, but winners don't just show up for the season. Even the ones who play multiple sports have a consistent work out. It may be altered for that sport but the consistency is there.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 7:14 PM
  • Hey Limpy, the weight and strength program is exactly why Malden is where its at. & they eat right... Dem boys be strong!

-- Posted by fooseball rocks on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 8:00 PM
  • Lippy, IMO, you are out of your mind if you honestly believe that the Green Wave will only put 6 on the board!!

-- Posted by ROLLWAVE on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 8:47 PM
  • Might not put any on the board, who knows. I'm sure none of you thought PHC wouldn't score today.

We'll see who shows up next Saturday. Should be a good one!

-- Posted by Squeak on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 8:54 PM

When you go to the state championships, I'm sure you've noticed the teams that are consistently stronger than their opponents. Not everybody does it well, and not everybody does it equally. But it is the main reason why some teams win consistently. If Malden is doing it, great for them. They'll stack up very well, not only against Lamar next week, but in the title game as well. And they'll likely be back.

-- Posted by Lippy Radeck on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 9:00 PM
  • The answer is yes the team now has been with him for 5years and all them been in the program since the 8th grade.he's starting to Rep his fruits of his labor, my son is 5'10 an 230lbs an bench at a Max's of 345. Dre 185lbs bench press Max 285. Just for example

-- Posted by Green&GoldNation on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 9:46 PM
  • The answer is yes the team now has been with him for 5years and all them been in the program since the 8th grade.he's starting to Rep his fruits of his labor, my son is 5'10 an 230lbs an bench at a Max's of 345. Dre 185lbs bench press Max 285. Just for example

-- Posted by Green&GoldNation on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 9:46 PM

Good deal.

-- Posted by Lippy Radeck on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 9:54 PM

Green&GoldNation, I vow not to spend this entire week debating about what Malden is going to do, but I know you're right! Malden is definitely exemplifying proof of their hard work in the off season. I think many have over looked Malden's defense because their offense has been so explosive. Malden has great speed and a lot of great defenders but there is one that stands out! There's a monster in the middle that they call Nick Thompson! I've watched him grow the last few years and he's still only a Junior. Next weekend, Nick is going to earn his respect and help Malden earn respect in their own region.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 10:13 PM
  • I agree but like Lamar the defense runs on a strategies Cuz they have dline is crazy strong an very good an let's the linebackers run free. Zack,kc,terrell and javiel are very good as a defense line. An the other linebackers is strong an fast. So with that being said it's go be a long week it's time for the rumble in the swamp what everyone know was go be meeting since week 9 it's time to show everyone how good we really is. Go GREENWAVE

-- Posted by Green&GoldNation on Sat, Nov 15, 2014, at 10:32 PM

Sorry just now seeing this GGN. Semoball hasn't let me access the website all day. I have supported Malden all year long, and rooted for them every game but their first. In my honest opinion I'm gonna say Lamar by 2 TD's. As Preach and other's said, it's just hard to prepare for them. And that's not slight to Malden, they are having an amazing year! I also think Malden will put points on the board. They bust off big plays, and Lamar will give them a few. I hope I'm wrong though, and lord willing I will be at the game Saturday, I'll even wear some green and gold and bring several people with me. Sounds like there will be several Semoballers there! Grab you're popcorn, we are going to have the most talked about game all year happening right here in Southeast Missouri!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Nov 16, 2014, at 12:03 AM

Maldens coach is doing something great with that program. You have to respect what he's done there during his tenure.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sun, Nov 16, 2014, at 1:58 AM

Cheesehead, I agree. I've not lived in that area in many many years so its easy to get out the loop. This coach and what he's doing gets the attention of people outside the area. I am excited to be Green Wave alumni.(Always)

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sun, Nov 16, 2014, at 6:25 PM
  • Driving down for this game!! Don't let me down Green Wave!!

-- Posted by RedandWhite on Sun, Nov 16, 2014, at 8:47 PM

Saturday's weather forecast shows rain BUT the temp indicates a high of 52 degrees and a low of only 46 degrees. I'll take that! Hopefully the rain will hold off till late evening.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Mon, Nov 17, 2014, at 6:52 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: