High School Football Forum: Malden @ Kennett

Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 5:17 AM:

Will Kennett give Malden the test they need before playoff time? Does Kennett have the defense to slow the Greenwaves high power offensive attack?

Replies (134)

Malden has been willing to pull many defensive starters early in the game so I predict a 50-6 finish in the favor of Malden. Kennett should score 6 on the JV if Chaffee was able to do it.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 5:20 AM
  • No offense, but I really don't see this being a game. HOWEVER, Malden's coaches need to remind the players what happened between Portageville and New Madrid a couple years ago. If Malden is as talented as many say, they shouldn't even come close to getting tripped up until the quarterfinals, as everyone has said before. But that's why they play the game.

-- Posted by Simpleminds on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 9:34 AM

Malden going to beat Kennett by 50+ like they did everyone else this year. The closest game they had was week 1 vs. NMCC since then it's been all blowouts.

-- Posted by PoliticalCorrect on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 9:51 AM

They had a little special team trouble week one. They've evolved into a very complete team since week one. It shouldn't be close at all. I think the score should be a little higher than usual as the varsity will stay in longer due to upcoming playoffs. I definitely choose Malden in this one!

-- Posted by SemoScout on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 11:41 AM

Why would varsity have to stay in longer due to playoffs? That comment has me confused.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 11:52 AM

Well they've blown out opponents in the first half Every game. Wouldn't you think that getting out every game at half time may pose a threat down the road when they actually have a challenging match up. Kennett being class 3 Malden may show less mercy. Isn't this game called the Delta bowl?

-- Posted by SemoScout on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 11:59 AM

Less mercy? Okay lol!!!

It won't matter much if you ask me. If I were Malden, I wouldn't risk keeping the starters in because injuries have been known to happen from time to time. If it's that much of a blowout, mercy clock will be running so how much more do they need to be in? If they make it to the Semi's, none of this will even matter.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 12:53 PM
  • Actually it will Cheese. Forget about the mercy part and consider this:

If Malden makes it to Lamar, Strafford, or Mtn View, those starters will be playing all 4 quarters (something they haven't done all year....or even come close) and they'll need to keep up. All three of those offenses put up some major points so they'll move that ball frequently - again, something Malden has yet to see. Lamar will pound it at that line and wear them out, Strafford will challenge your secondary and could wear them out, and I think Mtn View will do both. Stamina will be critical. If coaches don't care to keep them in during games then they better start conditioning them harder than they have all year. Just saying.

It's times like this where you hope other coaches don't take offense - you're just trying to condition your players to game-like conditions for the playoffs. Personally, if they don't like, then get better.

-- Posted by Simpleminds on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 1:57 PM

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this.

If you're not conditioned enough by the time you reach those teams, then something is wrong. To me, there is nothing Malden will gain by pounding Kennett for 4 quarters that will help them get ready for any of those teams, not even conditioning. The only way to help them get ready for those teams is playing those types of teams. Stamina(in my opinion) will play no part in what Lamar will do to Malden. If the game against any of those teams were close at half then I'd agree with you, but the game will be over with at halftime.(Really hoping I'm wrong though). I'd love to see a SEMO team take out the great SWMO teams but just don't see it happening.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 2:54 PM
  • I agree Cheese much bigger risk of getting hurt than working on stamina plus when your beating a team that bad bigger chance of some cheap shots against your starters.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 2:56 PM
  • This game won't be close. Kennett coming off Charleston game.....no where near the calibur of Malden this year. It will be 40+....giving my Indians all the credit I can in this one....

-- Posted by bball79 on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 3:33 PM
  • Ok. Well, if Malden hosts a semifinal game and you're able to attend, then I'd like to see you say afterwards that stamina played no part in it.

I agree with you on the injuries and cheap shots, but give those kids 3 quarters at least.

-- Posted by Simpleminds on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 3:44 PM

Simpleminds, I have to agree with your statement. Game time situation is totally different than running sprints in practice. Anyone who has actually played the game beyond high school would know this. The game time anxiety causing the mind and heart to race takes a toll on the physical body. Conditioning is much more than running a few sprints! True conditioning also has a mental aspect. Your decision making and game situation awareness isn't sharpened by running harder in practice. The varsity must get the game time experience to avoid the shock when it's critical in the next 3 weeks or so.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 3:49 PM

I am pretty sure Lamar and the other great teams that are blowing teams out by 50+ start pulling their starters early in the the 3rd quarter just like most other teams should. An injury can happen at any time during a game but will make the coaches look stupid when they are up 40+ points late in the game and your star RB goes down with a torn ACL. Bottom line your players should be in game shape for 4 full quarters whether they play them or not. Most teams running mercy clocks on other teams are surely taking the starters out by the 4th quarter.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 7:26 PM
  • I have no rooting interest except Bootheel football but I just love the rationale that "since caruthersville got destroyed 2 years ago then no one else stands a chance". You got to love the negativity!

-- Posted by Semoespn on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 7:57 PM
  • I'm pretty sure Cheese would have a different outlook on those teams out West, had his C-Ville Tiger won Week 2.

-- Posted by JustTalkinSEMO on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 8:08 PM
  • I'm pretty sure Cheese would have a different outlook on those teams out West, had his C-Ville Tiger won Week 2.

-- Posted by JustTalkinSEMO on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 8:08 PM
  • I don't think so JTS. When they went over there Cheese said even back then it would be a huge upset for Caruthersville to beat Lamar.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 8:14 PM

Actually, go back far enough on here and see where I said Caruthersville didn't stand a chance against Lamar. I've even picked against my team this year. I call it like I see it. Unlike you new guys from Malden, I've been posting for a while on Semoball and have stayed whether my Tigers win or not. You guys will be gone next year so won't see you anymore after this year. Facts are facts and whether you want to believe it or not, Lamar will win Class 2 again this year. So go beat Kennett down for 4 quarters, it won't make much difference. Sorry I'm being a little hard but some of you Malden guys are getting a little carried away. Especially that, not having mercy on Kennett. I mean really?

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 8:22 PM
  • Let's not act like all Cville posters are as objective or as loyal as cheese. Where are the biased summaries from judgedog? While cheese has been here let's not act like all cville people are here. We were berated with judgedog summaries when cville was "good"

-- Posted by Semoespn on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 8:34 PM

I don't want to speak for Judgedog, but didn't he say that his daughter was a senior last year, and that he had followed that group since they were little, and since they graduated that that would be his last summaries!? For some reason I think he was stopping with their graduation, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 8:38 PM

Judgedog is about as loyal of a fan as you will see. Former player and the Voice of the Tigers. There are only 3 posters from Cville that post regularly on here. Me, Beef, Judgedog. If I remember correctly, he gave his reasons as to why the summaries came to an end. Go back and look.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 8:38 PM

Correct Buck

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 8:38 PM
  • True that, I've been on here for five or six years. I can remember plenty of "out of the woodworks" anti-Green Wave sentiment, to the point of kicking a dead horse. All part of the game I suppose. Taken my fair share crow in the past, lol. But not this year!

-- Posted by mobrigade on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 8:41 PM
  • -- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 8:44 PM

You're right mobrigade. You've been here a good while as well.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 8:45 PM
  • I also like how cville people are so conceited as to think Malden is a one year wonder. It's like they are the only school who can sustain success for more than year. Malden will not be Chaffee from last year. Won't go from 9+ wins to zero. Many schools have put multiple good seasons in a row. Like most in semo

-- Posted by Semoespn on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 8:53 PM

We have all eaten crow on this forum. It's part of high school sports discussion. I know how it is to have your team do great all season thinking they were just about unbeatable then some team comes along and mercy clocks you by halftime. Malden is good this year, they have proven it already but take this from a fan who has witnessed this many times over the last 10 years you can have a great team but it takes a little more than that to win a championship.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 8:57 PM
  • I don't know judgedog and he doesn't know me but I do want to apologize for my earlier comment. I wrongfully "assumed" I knew why his summaries were no longer here. I made the mistake of making an *** out of me. Sorry judge and thanks cheese for correcting/reminding me!

-- Posted by Semoespn on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 9:00 PM
  • I think at the end of the day we should be happy that our region has the potential of developing more than one great program that consistently has success, at the end of the day, that's what we should all strive for. I know that I've always rooted for C-ville after the district title was settled. We all want to see the region do well and make it to the dome. Malden has been on the verge for a couple years now of taking to the next level, just as when C-ville was a non-factor years ago. It's a combination of coaching, players, community but in etc, that lead to that success, when even one factor is changed it can alter the entire program...the problem is the mass of one year wonder fans who seem to only be vocal when their town is good, and disappear when the team has a less than par year.

-- Posted by mobrigade on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 9:10 PM

Semoespn, Malden has had several good years in a row and almost beat Caruthersville a few years ago. Nobody has said that Malden is only good this year but they are better than Caruthersville so that is going to be enough to get them into the playoffs. I really doubt any team will do what the Tigers have done winning the C2D1 title 6 years in a row. I see it possibly going back and forth between different teams for the next decade or so. Enjoy your teams success and hope that it builds something special.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 9:11 PM
  • I totally agree beef and wiould be nice to have multiple teams in contention each year. Would be great if we could get to the point that the winner of class 2 district 1 was semifinal bound or done bound on regular basis

-- Posted by Semoespn on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 9:16 PM

It's funny to read posts from fanatics who only know the game from a spectator's perspective. The game is so much more than what you've learned following SEMOball year after year.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 11:22 PM
  • Well said Truth

-- Posted by BluffHooligan on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 11:25 PM
  • It's never hurt Valle taking their starters out at half. If you're a class 1-3 school where at least half the kids usually play both ways and sometimes 3 ways, and you aren't in good enough shape to play 4 full quarters in the playoffs, you don't deserve to be in the playoffs or need to get a new coach!

-- Posted by ThadCastle on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 11:35 PM
  • I don't know what "fanatics" you have in mind Truth, but I hope you're not talking about Cheese or Beef because they do know what they're talking about. I never played football (Kelly didn't offer it back then), but I have been a fan and careful student of the game for over 30 years. You can learn a lot that way.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 11:41 PM
  • Dadgum...imagine my surprise while perusing a Malden @ Kennett thread and then I see my "name" and someone questioning my loyalty. Wow! I did see your subsequent apology, and I accept it. I also greatly appreciate Buck and Cheese for sticking up for me!

For 10 years, I typed summaries of each Tiger game. Taking notes and charting each play at home from the pressbox, and on the road in the wind, rain, and even in the snow! In 2007 when home recovering from back surgery, I listened to the game (Sikeston) on the radio and typed my summary. Win or lose, I typed them! With my daughter going off to college, I just felt the time was right to "retire" my summaries.

Also, I almost always titled my summaries "Biased summary". I never intended to be a journalist, but a Tiger fan reporting the games from my own perspective. Sorry that I "berated" you with my summaries, but I never forced anyone to read them.

For the record, here is the beginning of my last "Biased summary" from the Lutheran North game last November:

November 16, 2013 TIGERS 41 Lutheran North 56

As most of you know, I have typed a "biased summary" of every Caruthersville Tiger football game, win or lose, for the last 10 years. Due to my personal "bias", I can honestly say that this will be the most difficult summary that I have ever had to type. You see, my oldest daughter is a senior, and she is one of the most devoted Caruthersville Tigers fans out there. We were kidding her that she has shed more tears over lost Tigers games than over boys! ;-) This years' Senior Tigers will always have a special place in my heart. I have literally seen EVERY game these boys have ever played as Tigers, from 7th grade...all the way until today. It has truly been an honor to watch those guys grow into young men. It also made it easy as they never lost a game in 7th grade or 8th grade, and amassed a 43-8 total record as varsity Tigers. More on them and their accomplishments later...on to the summary.

And here is the conclusion to that same "Biased Summary":

I have been typing these summaries for 10 years. For several years I have toyed with the idea of no longer typing up a summary of each game. This seems like about as good a time as any to tentatively announce my retirement as the unofficial "biased" Tiger summary writer. Go out on top...with a group of seniors who I have loved for many years. I still plan to be the PA guy at home Tiger games, and I still plan to stay as involved in the Tiger football program as the Tiger coaches and administration will allow. It has truly been an honor and a pleasure to share my biased opinions with all of you for these past 10 years.

-- Posted by Judgedog on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 11:46 PM
  • I guess that I should add...I will be rooting for the C2D1 champ throughout the playoffs just as I have for many years, no matter who it is!

-- Posted by Judgedog on Mon, Oct 6, 2014, at 11:53 PM

Preach, I don't doubt that the three of you have some knowledge of the game. I was speaking in general regarding several posts that appear to be from people who no doubt has been around the game but not in the game. There's a huge difference in perspective. Many of the comments sound like they're being posted by that one guy who wanted so badly to be a player but just didn't have what it took to be a star so he kept stats! All I'm saying is if a person is going to post with such certainty at least have the experience to back up the post.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Tue, Oct 7, 2014, at 12:03 AM
  • Judgedog is a true fan and what high school sports should be about!!

All the respect in the world to you!!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Oct 7, 2014, at 12:06 AM
  • Back to preparing your team for the playoffs - some of you want to protect the players from injuries and I get that. The way I view it, Malden has the district sown up, meaning home-field advantage throughout the first 3 games. So, do you sit your starters for the next 2 games? Of course not, and I know you'd say the same.

I'd like to hear from Eaglesview and see if Mtn View Liberty normally plays their starters longer prior to the playoffs. Lamar, Webb, Valle, they all do it. I've heard other coaches, who consistently make it to the playoffs, questioned in post-game interviews about such thing. Their responses are all similar - prepping for the playoffs where we may have to play 4 quarters.

If you wanna be the best - first you have to learn from the best before you can beat them.

-- Posted by Simpleminds on Tue, Oct 7, 2014, at 8:18 AM
  • Hm, hard to tell from the majority of the last posts, the topic was "Malden @ Kennett!"

-- Posted by semo7178 on Tue, Oct 7, 2014, at 9:10 AM
  • Cheese, yes "Mercy" is the correct choice of wording. Malden is averaging close to 58 points a year, including a 54-26 victory over a NMCC squad that beat your Tigers two weeks ago. Just because C-Ville barely made it past Kennett, does this mean that Malden should have any trouble against them? Not saying the Greenwave are indestructible, because we all remember the 2012 P-Ville Bulldog incident, but I don't think this game will be as much of a hassle as you are insinuating. The fact that you act like Malden is a "one hit wonder" this season is quite absurd.

-- Posted by JustTalkinSEMO on Tue, Oct 7, 2014, at 3:15 PM
  • One has to wonder if heavy rain might increase the probability of an upset.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Oct 7, 2014, at 3:27 PM

Sorry to inform you JTS, but I have never said Malden was a one hit wonder. Sometime I think you people make stuff up just for kicks. Here is what I said a couple weeks ago.

"To say Malden has come out of nowhere this season is silly. Malden has just had the misfortune of playing in a district with Caruthersville who has dominated that district for many years. Malden actually has had some very good teams the last couple years. The last two losses for them have been at the hands of Caruthersville, so they pretty much dominated the area last year other than to Cville. I knew a few years ago, when Riley took over for Murphy, when this group became seniors, they were going to be very good, and they have exceeded my expectations."

Now, does that sound like someone who thinks Malden is a one hit wonder? I don't think so. Actually, that's far from the case. Malden has been very good the last few years. Here's the link to the forum post in case you question it.

http://semoball.com/forums/highschoolfootball/thread/8376

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Oct 7, 2014, at 3:56 PM

To answer your question Dustin, I don't think it matters. Malden should roll Friday

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Oct 7, 2014, at 3:57 PM
  • One really has to wonder....

-- Posted by ESPN05 on Tue, Oct 7, 2014, at 4:07 PM
  • Meant no disrespect, but that wasn't exactly the point I'm trying to make Cheese. I'm just saying that for some reason, you act like because C-Ville never made it past the teams out West, nobody else will either.

It also seems that Malden fans/supporters have no right to even have an opinion on here. No, you never said that word for word, that's just the vibe I'm getting here. Think about it, there are a ton of C-Ville people on here. Why? Because y'all have practically ran the District for the past few years. Now that Malden's program is somewhat turning a corner, you'll begin to see more Malden people on here. That's just how sports go.

-- Posted by JustTalkinSEMO on Tue, Oct 7, 2014, at 6:33 PM
  • Simpleminds. I will anwser that question as well as I can. And as honestly as I can. Normally, if we have a large lead, we will play most of our starters going into the 3rd quarter. I think alot of this is do to our coaching staff taking a look at what adjustments the other team has made, as well as giving our varstity squad a chance to get as many reps as they can. Usually, we will see our JV start trickling in at the skill positions and then by the end of the 3rd our JV is pretty much on the field. I cannot and will not speak for our coaches. But to me, if you pull your starters out every game at the half, they will not be as prepared for the closer games they will face on down the road. Can they get hurt? Ofcourse they can. But they can get hurt on the first play during the first game. It's varstity football on Friday nights. JV is on Mondays. You simply cannot run your season pulling starters every time you get a big lead. Some will disagree but thats the way we do it usually.

-- Posted by Eaglesview86 on Tue, Oct 7, 2014, at 6:49 PM
  • I wanted to add also.Even if a team is way ahead at the half, the coaches have seen mistakes. You need your starters in to see if they make the adjustments you ask of them. Half time adjustments is what has made our team a very very good program the last several years. Our coaching staff is very good at figuring out other teams tactics.

-- Posted by Eaglesview86 on Tue, Oct 7, 2014, at 6:53 PM

JTS- I do agree with you that when your team is on top, their tends to be more fans coming out, I'm with you there. Believe it or not, I have nothing against Malden or any of the players, even though I get ripped on another social media site all the time. All I ever said was to be the man, you have to beat the man. At the time, Caruthersville was the man. Malden beat them so it's their time to shine. I've said from the beginning that if Malden wins district, I'll support them just as I do Cville. As far as the whole me thinking because Cville can't beat the teams out west, no one else can is concerned. That's not just me thinking that. History shows that SEMO teams just can't keep up with the rest of the state, esp the Western teams. That's a fact, not my opinion. When SEMO teams start to beat those guys and start winning state, then everyone's opinion about that will change. It shows in the state rankings and media polls. I really do hope Malden get's a chance to play Lamar and beats them. I really do. That will be some crow I'll love to eat.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Tue, Oct 7, 2014, at 7:14 PM
  • I'm with you on that Cheese. I hope they can be the team to break the streak. We'll just have to see!

-- Posted by JustTalkinSEMO on Tue, Oct 7, 2014, at 7:31 PM
  • Y'all say Lamar pound the ball Malden front 7 is the best in semo the d-line of Malden love when people try to run the ball B/c they well prove to u that this is the best d-line in semo n the 3linebacker love to hit!!

-- Posted by Green&GoldNation on Tue, Oct 7, 2014, at 7:38 PM
  • Week after week Malden runs up the score and talks more and more about the playoffs. There are a few more regular season games to be played. I hope they can stay focused or teams like Kennett and Dexter could surprise them. Strength of schedule is everything if you want to make it deep into the playoffs and I'm not sure Malden has that type of schedule which could hurt them in the end.

-- Posted by cardinalnation on Tue, Oct 7, 2014, at 8:55 PM
  • Week after week Malden runs up the score and talks more and more about the playoffs. There are a few more regular season games to be played. I hope they can stay focused or teams like Kennett and Dexter could surprise them. Strength of schedule is everything if you want to make it deep into the playoffs and I'm not sure Malden has that type of schedule which could hurt them in the end.

-- Posted by cardinalnation on Tue, Oct 7, 2014, at 8:55 PM

Thanks Cardinalnation for nothing! Malden fans have heard that crap all season about strength of schedule. It has been determined in more than one thread that Malden's schedule is everything it should be. Yes the teams are weaker than normal this year but should Malden stop and create an entire different schedule because of it! Come on! Who do YOU suggest that this class two school schedule? Bluff, Sikeston, Cape, Jackson?? Think about it!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Tue, Oct 7, 2014, at 9:03 PM
  • It depends on how much it rains. Right now the forecast could make for a game pigs would enjoy playing.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Tue, Oct 7, 2014, at 11:46 PM
  • I don't think the rain will make much of a difference. Malden runs the ball, and does it well. They will continue what they have been doing all year.

-- Posted by kyjones_35 on Wed, Oct 8, 2014, at 3:02 AM
  • You're welcome JustSpeaking and yes, it would be a good idea for Malden to play a few larger schools. You will see my point when your playoff run ends to teams who did exactly what I'm taking about. If you want to win a championship you have to strengthen your schedule. I wish the Greenwave the best, but they have to get by the Indians and Bearcats first.

-- Posted by cardinalnation on Wed, Oct 8, 2014, at 8:02 AM

Cardinalnation, look at the schedules for Sikeston, Bluff, Cape Central, Jackson and tell me how many class 2 schools do you see besides Charleston vs Sikeston which has been played for more than 100 years. Your argument is absurd! The conference Malden is in isn't always as weak as they are this season. These teams will bounce back.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Wed, Oct 8, 2014, at 8:29 AM

Cardinalnation, you need to know what you're talking about! Last time I checked Kennett, Dexter, NMCC were all considerably larger schools than Malden. They are playing LARGER schools! I'm certain that this year's Sikeston and Bluff teams wouldn't make a difference either in Malden's perfect regular season record!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Wed, Oct 8, 2014, at 8:34 AM
  • It always helps to have knowledge of a particular situation when commenting.

Enrollments are as follows

Malden-275-300 range

NMC-425-450 range

Kennett-550-575 range

Dexter 575-600 range

By my unofficial calculations it appears that Malden is somewhat, if not considerably smaller than these 3 opponent.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Wed, Oct 8, 2014, at 8:52 AM
  • I don't think there is anything wrong with Malden's schedule. They are playing teams within the their area/conference that are the same class and bigger. Some of these teams are down compared to years past and Malden is obviously playing at a different level than the teams they have played so far.

I'm not from Malden and i have given them more credit than i wish too but they are a great team whose schedule happens to be full of teams that are having a down year or teams that are average to slightly above average.

I personally think their toughest test for the regular season is this week and next week. Should they win both games? Yes. Could they be upset in either, possibly!! The coaches and players for Malden better not be looking past Kennett (road game, senior night, possible sloppy weather) all conditions that could make a difference in the game, and Dexter (Rivalry game)

so anything can happen.

-- Posted by phi365 on Wed, Oct 8, 2014, at 8:54 AM
  • Malden is the real deal for Semo schools and yes i think they would beat PB and Sikeston this year but being king in Semo when it comes to football is about as far as it's going to go. No Semo school has a chance against the west side or KC area when it comes to football.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Wed, Oct 8, 2014, at 9:07 AM
  • I remember a rainy night in Potosi a few years ago where Potosi was #1 in the state and a Ste. Genevieve team that finished 2-8 came in and took Potosi to double OT. If I were a coach, this type of weather we're all supposed to get Friday would get me a little nervous. I don't think Malden will have a problem with Kennett, but a muddy field can and usually does take away speed and quickness. The only teams that won't be in bad shape are the ones lucky enough to have turf.

-- Posted by ThadCastle on Wed, Oct 8, 2014, at 9:38 AM
  • There were a lot of sloppy games with surprising scores that night if my vague recollection is right...

-- Posted by mojo3 on Wed, Oct 8, 2014, at 11:11 AM
  • One more thing, I think Malden will take care of Kennett, but how many times have we seen teams going into a game a bit "overconfident" and have their hats handed to them in the end? Could happen Friday in Kennett and in Dexter.

-- Posted by mojo3 on Wed, Oct 8, 2014, at 11:14 AM
  • Oh look, there's a dead horse, let's kick it.

-- Posted by mobrigade on Wed, Oct 8, 2014, at 11:40 AM

I don't think they will have a problem this friday at all. They have the perfect type of team for sloppy weather, (Physical, Big Upfront, and Quick)

They can throw the ball but they don't think they have to. Especially as Physical as they are.

-- Posted by SemoScout on Wed, Oct 8, 2014, at 11:51 AM

* They can throw the ball but they don't have to.*

Sorry I'm not sure what happened

-- Posted by SemoScout on Wed, Oct 8, 2014, at 11:54 AM
  • The Dexter game is actually n Malden mojo3...

Why don't most of you guys just put it out there that you hope for Malden to lose one, if not, last two games of regular season. That's what you are getting at..

-- Posted by Moose76 on Wed, Oct 8, 2014, at 1:22 PM
  • People can say whatever they want about Malden, fact is they are very good. You play who is on the schedule, if its a year where some of the teams you play are down and you happen to have a strong, athletic, well coached team no apology is needed. Not sure how they will match up as they move through the playoffs but they are good. I think Kennett and Dexter will give them more competitive games then they have had, but you have to say they are heavily favored. Its been a great season for them, hope they can sustain their success over time, its good for the community and kids. Coach Wyatt and Collier have done a great job using the players they have, nothing but high praise for the Malden.

-- Posted by Blitzkrieg on Wed, Oct 8, 2014, at 1:40 PM
  • As I said in my post I wish the Greenwave well the remainder of the season. Just stating my opinion. GO INDIANS!

-- Posted by cardinalnation on Wed, Oct 8, 2014, at 2:01 PM
  • The debate is definitely heating up with kickoff approaching.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Oct 8, 2014, at 4:00 PM
  • Your right moose I do hope they lose to Kennett because I am a Kennett fan. Do I think that will happen? No! I don't care who wins between them n dexter. I do hope they make a deep run in the playoffs n represent SEMO well. I wld argue that most other posters on here want them to do well beyond districts as well if they get that far.

-- Posted by phi365 on Wed, Oct 8, 2014, at 5:05 PM

The only difference the rain will make Friday for this game is Malden may only score 50 instead of 70 and they'll leave muddy!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Wed, Oct 8, 2014, at 8:04 PM
  • Talk it up Truth.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Oct 8, 2014, at 10:37 PM

Dustin, I look forward to your response on this thread Sat morning.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Wed, Oct 8, 2014, at 11:26 PM
  • Truth. I look forward to your response later in the month on a Saturday.

I already said Malden has a football coach with football talent in a football town this season and proclaimed they should be ranked above Caruthersville at the start of the season. What more do you want?

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 12:01 AM

I never declared Malden would be in the dome. This thread is Malden vs Kennett. It would be nice for the Malden haters to just sit back and let them have their time. I live in Jackson but still not naive enough to believe even they will make it to the dome. All the stupid remarks from you SEMOball heros just become frustrating for anyone. You KNOW that Kennett won't come within 40 pts of Malden but still make stupid comments like "talk it up truth" as if Kennett actually might win.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 7:15 AM
  • Ok truth go back to the first sentence that you wrote to start this thread.....and i quote....

"Will Kennett give Malden the test they need before playoff time? Does Kennett have the defense to slow the Greenwaves high power offensive attack?"

You asked the question and we gave you answers. Just because everyone else doesn't agree with you doesn't mean we are wrong. So i guess what i'm saying is be careful what you ask for. If you think Kennett won't get within 40 of Malden than why ask the questions to begin with?

-- Posted by phi365 on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 8:34 AM

Phi365, you've missed the boat. Your answers to that question doesn't and should never spark frustration because you are entitled to your stance. The frustration is the smart remarks from the haters who are just "hoping" for a Greenwave fall. In other words there are some commenting not to answer the question but only to stir a mess! The thread was started to get thoughts from those who are actually rational. Dustin hasn't contributed anything to this thread but smart remarks to make a mess instead of allowing the thread to do which it was produced to do.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 8:46 AM
  • Truth, I agree with you 100%!!!! In response to the initial question that started this thread and that once again brought out the "HATERS" whom r just anxiously anticipating a Malden loss, YES I do thnk somewhat that Kennett could b a lot better test than what Malden has experienced in recent weeks. I do believe it won't even be close and 40 pt win could be being generous but at same token I think they will test Malden better than what Malden has been seeing. As a benefit to Malden, this game will set them up for an even bigger test next week!

-- Posted by Moose76 on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 9:14 AM

Moose76, you're definitely right about next week. I don't think Dexter will beat them but they will certainly cause Malden to focus or that game really could wound up a disappointment. I don't want anyone to misinterpret what I am saying about Dexter. Is Malden 30 points better than Dexter? I'd say at least 30 points better but at the same time Malden will be required to come play at their potential or Dexter will sneak up on them. I've played that rivaly and watched it for years but we alway knew to come prepared.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 10:10 AM
  • Remember this fellow malden posters.... Our posts and reactions to others posts reflect on our community just as our teams success/failures/attitudes/sportsmanship reflects on our community also. I am from malden and have and have had a child play for malden for several years now. The posts are opinions even though we may differ everyone has the right to there opinion and the right to voice it. Speaking for myself i stand behind the greenwave and honestly feel they are a very talented team with a hunger to win and their game they bring to the field will prove that. I pick malden over kennett and dexter and am hoping they are good solid games to help keep our boys focussed, humble and hungry and injury free!!!

-- Posted by line buster on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 10:26 AM
  • Truth

I don't think either team will score 40 points if we get seven inches of rain tonight.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 3:46 PM
  • Malden will score 40 tonight.. Rain, or not.

-- Posted by kyjones_35 on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 12:01 PM
  • The only difference the rain will make Friday for this game is Malden may only score 50 instead of 70 and they'll leave muddy!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Wed, Oct 8, 2014, at 8:04 PM

Talk it up Truth.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Wed, Oct 8, 2014, at 10:37 PM

Dustin, I look forward to your response on this thread Sat morning.

Truth. I look forward to your response later in the month on a Saturday.

I already said Malden has a football coach with football talent in a football town this season and proclaimed they should be ranked above Caruthersville at the start of the season. What more do you want?

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 12:01 AM

Always nice to see that even the local writers are ready for Malden to lose.

-- Posted by kyjones_35 on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 12:20 PM
  • It would make for a great story...

-- Posted by ThadCastle on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 12:25 PM
  • kyjones_35

No logic to your statement whatsoever.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 2:29 PM
  • But that's often a trend on these forums.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 2:29 PM

kyjones, no where in what Dustin said, led me to believe he wants Malden to lose. Believe me, Dustin and I don't agree on very much when it comes to football in SEMO but I highly doubt the man wants Malden to lose. He was high on them before the season even started. I don't know what it is about some of you new Malden posters that have it in your heads that everyone is against Malden and wants them to lose. That's far from the truth. If Malden makes it out of the Quarter Finals, everyone in SEMO will be rooting for them, myself included. You guys just need to ease up a little and learn that not everyone is as passionate about Malden football as you are.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 2:34 PM
  • Dustin, I look forward to your response on this thread Sat morning.

Truth. I look forward to your response later in the month on a Saturday.

Are you not implying that you think Truth will have a different opinion in a few weeks? I understand you didn't just come out and say it, but it seems pretty easy to read between the lines. Maybe you don't want Malden to lose, but you were implying that Truth would be speaking differently by the end of the month(coming across like you think they are going to lose) . If that's not what you meant then feel free to correct me. You talk as if you're the most logical person on this forum. Your little comments contribute little to this forum just like Truth said. I think Malden will do just fine, and continue performing tonight like they have all year. Kennett runs a spread offense, and they run a lot of draws and read options. They also like to pass the ball a little bit. Malden has a power run game and that's exactly what you need when dealing with weather like tonight. The advantage goes to Malden as long as they can protect the ball like they have all year. I think that they will continue to score the points like they have, and there is my reasoning.

Cheesehead: I get that Ward gave Malden credit by ranking them higher than C'Ville during the season, he says we are good, etc. To me, he comes across as arrogant, and that's my opinion that I'm entitled to. He didn't come right out and say he wanted us to lose, and maybe I should have worded it differently and said he sounds like he expects us to lose. I root for any SEMO team that isn't playing Malden. I've had some of the worst encounters with fans from a certain school and still have rooted for them to advance. And Malden didn't get the idea that they weren't liked out of nowhere. Maybe we do exaggerate the extent of how much we are disliked but it's pretty evident with forums like this, and social media that Malden and Malden fans aren't very well liked.Of course I understand people aren't as passionate about Malden, but they have a good team this year and deserve to enjoy it. Other people have gloated about their teams and their accomplishments. I can understand why players(and even fans) would look on here and sometimes get upset. They have done more than enough to prove they are a good football team, but when they get on here all they see from people not from Malden is, "Wait until the quarterfinals", or they don't play anyone. I can see why the feel like they don't get any respect from anyone outside of their community.

-- Posted by kyjones_35 on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 3:42 PM

Very well written, Kyjones_35! Dustin and several others who claim they have nothing against Malden are talking out of both sides of their mouth!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 4:13 PM
  • I would love to see a Malden/Valle matchup. They are the 2 best small school teams in the area. I would take Malden in a close game 41-34.

-- Posted by butkus on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 6:45 PM
  • Congrats Malden. Don't slack off, Dexter hung tough with PHC tonight. Should be a good game next week.

-- Posted by cardinalnation on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 9:34 PM
  • Congrats to Malden , you have lots of talent and should go a few rounds in the playoffs. You should represent semo well . The only areas I saw that need work are kicking and kickoff coverage . Very solid on both sides of the ball, big and fast. The best team won. Good luck in the future.

-- Posted by attitude and effort on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 10:01 PM

Kennett 19 Malden 57 Greenwave continue to put up big numbers. Great job Big Green!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 10:02 PM
  • You can say that if you want Bleed, but you didn't see the game. PHC kept their starters in until about six minutes left to play. A blown coverage and a blocked punt put Dexter in a 14 point hole early. Then some very questionable penalties helped the Rebels extend their lead before halftime. I'm taking nothing away from PHC, they were the better team, but Dexter fought hard tonight.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 10:25 PM
  • Man, Park Hills must have more respect for

Dexter's offense than Ste. Gen.'s keeping the starters in that late. Didn't they take it easy on Ste. Gen the second half? Someone needs to tell Schweiss who he's playing every once in awhile. One would think he would have wanted to not give the Dragons any hope with the explosive offense they've always had and take it easy on Dexter the second half. (No offense Dexter fans)

-- Posted by ThadCastle on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 11:28 PM
  • But they didn't take it easy on us in the 2nd half Thad. PHC was still slinging it downfield in the 4th qtr. with a big lead.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 11:37 PM
  • Preach no disrespect but we didn't have our starters in in the fourth quarter at all on defense and we missed three extra points or it would have been a turbo clock until the late td. Not saying u didn't have anything to do with the snaps but it's not true our starters came out in the beginning of the fourth.

-- Posted by pj1972 on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 1:25 AM
  • Slinging it down the field? As Chris Carter would say come on man. I wasn't going to write anything about the game because it always turns into an argument but you really saw us slinging down the field? We may have had the ball 3 minutes in the fourth because our second team and third team d was in and dexter kept their starters in the whole game. Even with us playing second and third youns attempted an onside with less then a minute left. Preach if we didn't miss three extra points would it not have been a turbo clock at 49-14 until the late td. Meaning to or not while giving false credit it is a slight to phc. And as far as slinging it more then 50% of the time we threw it down field our guys were wide open. It wasn't being stopped.

-- Posted by pj1972 on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 1:33 AM
  • Youns. Ha! Gotta love it. Sorry, I had to laugh.

-- Posted by ThadCastle on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 1:38 AM
  • Sorry geuss it's the slang lol

-- Posted by pj1972 on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 2:02 AM
  • kyjones_35

You make plenty of logical points. You should speak more often on the forums.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 3:26 AM
  • Btw, Kennett scored 6pts on the varsity, rest were on JV.

-- Posted by mobrigade on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 9:02 AM
  • Pj1972, I didn't mean my comment as a slight on PHC. By "slinging" I just meant they were still throwing the ball deep in the 4th qtr. Is that not correct? And wasn't your first team offense still in the game until about 6 minutes to play? Yes, had you made the PAT's the turbo-clock would have been active, but you did miss them (credit our defense) and so we didn't get turboed. If you check the game stats, it was a much closer game than the final score would indicate.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 9:30 AM
  • Kennet was a really good team. Their RB turned QB was definitely a threat and they had a lot of size. Every fan on Malden's side was so happy after Kennet scored on their 2nd drive! Everyone kept saying "Alright! Finally some competition!" and we got it. They were tough, physical, and had speed and moves. Malden just has an awesome line and somewhere in the vicinity of 6 offensive weapons now that are lethal to any defense because they no longer can key up on one player. Backs that dodge and backs that run you over. Receiver's that nake some of the coolest catches this side of....[insert landmark here]. Then you got the defensive line that seems to always get at least a hand on somebody and then the linebackers who are squatting over 500lbs each are like running into brick walls. Seriously, with forward momentum #25 Wilson would smack into Thompson and then they would just drop to the ground...and then there's the D backs that help keep it interesting... sometimes getting a little sloppy and letting someone out run them....but then step up and read the play and grab a few interceptions or run up and stroke somebody. On special teams....eh....lol Kickoff still has some kind of problem with tackling the guy with the ball. Then there's that punt returner whose sanity comes into question... Trying to return bouncing punts with less than 5 yards between him and his pursuers? Made me pretty nervous but hey, the kid doesn't go down easy and knows what he's doing I guess. He gets mad when they dont give him any handoffs so if he can take a punt return, by god he is gonna return that punt! Lol

Gotta say that all in all I really enjoyed the Kennet game but can not wait for the Dexter game. Malden is definitely not looking past Dexter. Too much bad blood and comments made. Ever since I was little some uppity Dexter folk have looked down their snobby noses at us for even having the audacity of being from Malden (we associate with blacks ya know). Lol yeah, I love them too. Hopefully no one comes away injured but I see Varsity playing the full game regardless of the score. Time to make sure Malden's ready against a team that can take it. Dexter isn't bad and I hope that it's a really good game. Their quarterback is very efficient and accurate. Hopefully we put the pressure on him and keep the coverage tight.

-- Posted by fooseball rocks on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 10:20 AM
  • Malden will run over dexter. Malden impressive last night. QB Wilson from Kennett is a player but too much a one man show on offense. Can't come close to a Malden like that. Kennett fought but a long way to go to beat a good team. Things will have to really bounce dexters way to stay anywhere near close.

-- Posted by bball79 on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 10:40 AM
  • I would like to comment on the Malden Greenwave; just from reading earlier post above most are assuming Malden will make it over to play a SWMO. They still have to win their own district which will take winning three games, and also beating the district two winner, if they are to win the district one. Yes, Malden has proved that they are the best team in district one, but I believe Malden is highly overrated. Not to take anything away from them, but you have to look at the reality of things; is Malden capable of winning district one? Will they be able to compete with a district two team, if they make it that far? The answers are my own opinion: Yes I believe Malden can obviously win district one very easily, but those will be important games because I believe they will be playing against a very much improved Caruthersville team, Caruthersville has yet to play to their full potential throughout this whole year but being Caruthersville has won the district the past 6 years it will be a interesting game if they make it back to Malden. In the instance that Malden wins district one and is in the quarterfinals, I do not believe they will be able to compete. This is the reason I believe Malden is overrated because it's extremely hard to determine how good a team is until they play another team equally as good or better than them. Just because you have the talent to compete does not make you the better team. To compete in the quarterfinals it will take talent, consistency, heart, and most of all playing together as one team. There is still a lot of SEMO football left to play and it's going to be a very interesting year in the playoffs. I want to wish best of luck to all the schools in SEMO.

-- Posted by InsideSource'1377 on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 11:11 AM

InsideSource'1377!! Where did this guy come from! Lots of words above but haven't said anything! One game at a time is how all the teams must play! Dexter up Friday, then whoever is in line next will be assessed appropriately. There is no way you come onto a site like this and totally discredit a team that has played like Malden has for the last 8 weeks!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 12:09 PM
  • Insidesource1377, who says Malden has played up to their potential as well? Sounds like your not giving credit to anyone but caruthersville who just barely beat Hayti!! How is that a much improved team?!? You are obviously very disgruntled since the Malden/Kennett game wasn't as close a game as most of you wanted it to be! Takes all kinds to make the world go round! You are a good example of that! Btw, congrats to your tigers for winning battle of the bootheel vs Hayti!

-- Posted by Moose76 on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 12:29 PM
  • I assume you have not seen the past quarterfinal games in Class 2 the past recent years. I also assume both of you are Greenwave fans and take pride in your team and that is great. As for "JustSpeakingTheTruth" I am not discrediting Malden, I stated I believe they are overrated. Considering their strength of schedule and the way they play I stand by my opinion that they are highly opinion.

For "Moose76" I did not believe that Kennett had any chance to beat Malden. Malden is good but not as good as everyone believe. You will see that if Malden plays a school outside of SEMO.

-- Posted by InsideSource'1377 on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 12:48 PM
  • Highly overrated*(correction)

-- Posted by InsideSource'1377 on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 12:50 PM
  • Source, that could be said for any team that plays outside of semo for that matter! C'mon man! Seriously? Nobody is saying Malden is a shoe in for anything! People r giving them credit for what they have done and shown so far this year and yes u r discrediting that by saying they are overrated!!! Excuse me, "highly overrated" haha! Hilarious! So Malden is highly overrated just cause they have beaten the teams on their schedule! Ok whatever! Sorry you have so much hate in your heart fella! Maybe one day you may come to peace with whatever it is..

-- Posted by Moose76 on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 1:11 PM
  • That's not hate, it's reality.

Football is played outside the SEMO area. Some really good football is played outside the SEMO area, SWMO for example. Heck, Cape has gotten run out of the stadium everytime they venture up to St. Louis. Dominant inside the SEMO bubble, exposed out of it.

Saying "wait til they play someone" isn't hating, it's living in reality.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 2:30 PM
  • Wish Malden well and hope they do compete with those teams but Boogin is 100% right

-- Posted by BIGELW on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 2:43 PM
  • For once, Boogin and I agree. But saying Malden is "highly overrated" is a bit over the top.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 2:54 PM
  • Preach that isn't significantly different from any of my other posts. If I had said the same thing regarding Dexter you'd be jumping down my throat.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 4:47 PM

How many of you guys actually played the game and had any kind of success? Boogin?? Your talk is cheap and your knowledge is from a limited perspective. Now, I realize that football outside of SEMO is bit more competitive and you're probably right about Malden running into a test they may not be prepared for. Anybody who plays the game with your mentality (expecting to get demolished) may as well save the trip! Stay home! Real athletes always go with the attention to give it their best. My biggest problem with some of the comments is that if you were right SEMO schools need to cut the sport from their budget and use that money elsewhere. I really hope that kids playing don't take the trash you all talk to heart because it sounds like most of you have no hearts or you'd find ways to a bit more encouraging for the kids who may run across this crap! News Flash!! Kids 15-18 do read! We wonder why so many of the kids aren't as tough as we were 20 yrs ago and it's because people like you guys tell them they don't stand a chance. "Give up now! Just quit!"

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 5:09 PM
  • Reading this crap is as much a test to Malden's leadership as adversity on the field. Here's to hoping their coach has enough blinders for all the team.

-- Posted by Baller02 on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 5:56 PM
  • Haha Im willing to bet my knowledge isn't as limited as you'd like to think. Yes I played.

The thing about self esteem is it is the ESTEEM OF YOURSELF. Nothing I say on a message board should discourage these kids, in fact it should motivate them to shut the guys on the message boards, the media, classmates who are haters, and anyone else talking smack up. I can't affect someone's SELF esteem, that's a myth made up by hippie liberals. If kids aren't mentally tough enough to disregard something they read on a message board that they know to be opinion, at best an educated guess, then they deserve to get beat.

JustSpeakingTheTruth, I don't know who you are, nor do I care, but unless you played in the NFL or major D1 college football, your OPINION and PERSPECTIVE is no greater than mine.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 6:06 PM
  • As for my mentality, you have no clue what my "mentality" is. I'm giving an educated guess based on records, common opponents, scores, stats, history, heck even scheme.

If you're so worried about these poor kids fragile self esteem then there shouldn't be a Top 10, rankings of any kind, or a pickem. All those things show a kid just where his team stands, wouldn't want that would we? Someone's feelings might get hurt.

That is why kids are soft, people like you coddle them.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 6:21 PM

Boogin, you have placed your mentality on full display for all to see! Yes, I was a D1 player and high school coach. I've lived what you think you're observing! You're rude, obnoxious, and clueless all at the same time! You've been told that more than once. Believe it!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 8:00 PM
  • Im actually going to agree with Boogy on something here. Kids in general are coddled too much nowadays.

Not all, but too many parents only tell their kids how great they are without challenging them to overcome whatever adversity they may be facing.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 8:40 PM

Indian Pride, that's a true statement. I am definitely not one to "coddle" but I do know how to love them and coach them. Telling a kid they have no chance is abuse! I was raised to believe I could do anything I wanted and I've torn down barrier after barrier because I was encouraged win in life.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 10:19 PM
  • Telling a kid they have no chance is abuse...hahaha and I'm the clueless one...also I dont, or at least try to avoid speaking in absolutes. Show me one place where I've said a team has NO chance. I said in another thread that Dexter wouldn't beat Park Hills...that assertion wasn't unfounded or ridiculous, and I was right. So obviously I've got a clue. If you think Dexter lost because I made a prediction, you better jump down the throat of everyone who picked PHC in the WEEKLY PICK EM. Dexter kids could read that too, I think only 1 or 2 people out of 60 to 100 picked Dexter to win.

If you're so worried about "child abuse" you better rail against the weekly pick em. Those poor kids might get their feelings hurt because so many people picked against them. This is your argument and rational for engaging me...do you see how ridiculous you sound?

I'll end on this, am I rude? Eh probably more often than not.

Obnoxious, yep, guilty.

Am I out and out WRONG or lying when I say things? Rarely if ever.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 10:55 PM
  • JSTT. Absolutely my thoughts. Too many parents tell their kids they are the best ever and when things don't go their way its someone else's fault. Love them, challenge them and anything is possible.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 10:58 PM
  • IndianPride

You're actually still agreeing with me.

JSTT thinks telling kids the truth is abuse.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 11:06 PM

Boogin, if nobody could help you in all these years I certainly don't expect you to turn a new leaf by reading a thread or two. Carry on with your rude and obnoxious way of life. By the way if you say you NEVER speak in absolutes add lier to that list too!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sun, Oct 12, 2014, at 6:00 AM
  • Hey bud, learn to read. I didn't say I NEVER speak in absolutes. I said I don't or at least try to avoid speaking in absolutes. That's a direct quote from my above post.

So thanks for proving that you have no reading comprehension skills and you're trying (unsuccessfully) to put words in my mouth.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sun, Oct 12, 2014, at 9:55 AM

Only a Sith deals in absolutes...

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sun, Oct 12, 2014, at 10:46 AM
  • Hahahaha, well played Cheese!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sun, Oct 12, 2014, at 12:28 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: