High School Football Forum: Malden vs. Dexter

Posted by Boogin77 on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 11:19 PM:

Hey Preach, how much faith you got in your boys?

I'll make a bet with you, since you're so sure Dexter can beat Malden.

If Dexter wins, I will NEVER post on this site again under this or any other handle.

If Malden blows Dexter out (14 points or more) you can't post for a year (date of the next Dexter-Malden game).

Deal?

Replies (79)

• Boogin=Idiot.

PMF is a guy who loves his team and players. He is from Dexter and is proud of that!

Why wouldn't he support his hometown with his posts and have legitimate questions for those that try to put his team down?

Nothing wrong with having Pride in your hometown!!!

Go Dexter and all of SEMO! !!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 11:44 PM
  • First, I have never predicted a Dexter victory over Malden. All I have ever said is that it will be a competitive game.

Second, I don't believe in gambling.

Third, thank you IndianPride.

Fourth, you already promised that you would only participate in the Pick'Em, so why should I believe you now even if Dexter won? If you want Boogin, I can recommend several good counselors for you. Lol.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Sep 27, 2014, at 11:54 PM
  • I wouldn't let them get to me Preacher Man Fan.

But depending on what happens the next three weeks maybe one team is playing for more than the other in Week 9.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 12:35 AM
  • If Malden already has the No. 1 seed in its district locked up will they try to just stay healthy in Week 9?

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 7:12 AM

Dustin, Malden will play just as hard in week 9! They're scoring 60 pts per game on average and will continue to do so through week 9. I'm sorry I can see Dexter scoring 20 against their defense. Malden will win by 40!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 7:44 AM
  • No matter what opinions are of the dexter and kennett, malden still has to play them as they are a threat. Dexter is a rival team and always been considered good competition. Kennett is also a dunklin county championship game. To overlook any team no matter what public opinion is of them would be foolish. Plus varsity starters need to go the distance all four quarters to prepare for playoffs as well. Chaffee is a conference game and still have to beat them for conference title as well. Play hard but play smart!!! Use your sideline but keep your starters very active in the game.

-- Posted by line buster on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 7:48 AM
  • 1st, I never PROMISED anything. Don't put words in my mouth.

2nd, we're not gambling per se, no monetary stakes involved.

3rd, I'll spot you 10 points. You think Dextwe will keep it close, fine. If Dexter stays within 10 you still win.

You're so confident in them, shouldn't be an issue. Right...?

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 7:58 AM

Linebuster, that is a great politically correct statement. In reality we can throw the rival status out of the window in 2014. Unless Malden plays their JV the next 3 weeks none of those games will be close.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 8:04 AM
  • If Malden is 8-0 going into the game vs. Dexter, it is very possible to see the Bearcats step up a level or two.

Malden will be the favorite, no doubt, but a Bearcat victory is not out of the realm of possibility.

Remember, Upset beat Man o' War.

-- Posted by Pigeon Toe on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 11:07 AM
  • Since you want to quibble over the word "promised," I'll amend my earlier statement and simply say you said emphatically you weren't going to post anymore on Semoball except for Buck's Pick'Em thread. Shall I quote the words that actually came out of your mouth, Boogin?

You are wanting to put a wager on the outcome of a game and money or not, that is gambling. You could offer me a 100 point spread and I would be as interested in your proposed bet as you are in revealing where you are actually from. It's a matter of principle with me and I just won't compromise it.

Pigeon Toe, well said. Moreover Dexter is focused on NMCC this week and trying to claim a share of the conference championship. Malden's turn will come later.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 12:18 PM
  • I said it emphatically? Didn't know you registered my mood, attitude, or emphasis from a three sentence post. Of course you are smarter and much more clever than everyone else on here, so maybe you can.

Do you participate in the weekly pick em? Isn't there some gift card or something handed out to the winner at the end of the season? Is that not "gambling"? Even if it's just a pride thing, still gambling.

Just go ahead and admit you know odds are Dexter is going to get blown out against Malden and I'll drop it.

If you want "proof" of this assertion, look at both records, scores, averages, etc. Saying Dexter will likely get blown out by Malden isn't some wild, unfounded assertion. It's an assertion based on season long performance up until now.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 12:29 PM
  • I said it emphatically? Didn't know you registered my mood, attitude, or emphasis from a three sentence post. Of course you are smarter and much more clever than everyone else on here, so maybe you can.

Do you participate in the weekly pick em? Isn't there some gift card or something handed out to the winner at the end of the season? Is that not "gambling"? Even if it's just a pride thing, still gambling.

Just go ahead and admit you know odds are Dexter is going to get blown out against Malden and I'll drop it.

If you want "proof" of this assertion, look at both records, scores, averages, etc. Saying Dexter will likely get blown out by Malden isn't some wild, unfounded assertion. It's an assertion based on season long performance up until now.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 12:30 PM
  • All right, then Boogin, since you insist, here is what you said on our Touchdown Top 10 thread: "Done with this site. Doing the weekly pic em, beyond that I'm out. You guys want to sit around, pat each other on the back and convince each other your $÷+^ don't stink, fine with me. Preach you're a good dude, sorry bout your mom." Forgive me for thinking otherwise, but that sounded pretty emphatic to me. I'll leave it to others to judge that.

Winning a prize is not the same thing as gambling. Teams that win a trophy haven't gambled to get it. You offered me a wager on the outcome of a game and that is gambling by definition, so I'm just not interested.

Boogin, I've said it before, you are a knowledgeable, passionate football fan. You just need to learn to quit insulting everyone that disagrees with you.

I've said all along that Malden will be favored to win the game and rightly so. Yes, Malden is outstanding, but they also haven't really been challenged. They've played a pretty soft schedule, except for Caruthersville. If Dexter played Malden's schedule we would be 5-1 right now and putting up huge numbers too. Boogin, you're the one who's always preaching about playing the toughest schedule, so I would think you would be predicting a Dexter victory. After all, we've been tested and they haven't been. That's the most important thing, right?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 12:49 PM
  • You guys also almost got beat by Kennett, giving up 28 points in the 4th quarter...

Outside the quarterback you're lying if you say Dexter is better player for player against Malden.

It's one thing to be a fan, it's another to be completely unrealistic.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 1:02 PM
  • Boogin, this has gone far enough. It seems the only thing you're interested in is casting aspersions on anyone who dares to disagree with you. What point is there in continuing the debate if you've already decided in advance that if I differ with your assertion, I must be lying?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 1:11 PM
  • LOL this sure is interesting.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 1:19 PM
  • You can disagree all you want. Tell me why I'm wrong. You're the one crying for everyone to provide you with "proof" and then refuse (or are unable) to provide any yourself.

I'm all for hearing your argument, but you're having a hard time presenting one.

Has Malden played a tough schedule? No.

Having said that they're 6-0 and are averaging over 60 points per game. If they were just barely winning, or struggling, I'd be more apt to listen to your scheduling argument.

Dexter on the other hand has played a tough schedule, granted, but they're 3-3 and making it look really hard. They trick played a win at the buzzer vs Sikeston, and managed to barely hang on against an average, but improved Kennett team. Why am I supposed to be impressed with a team that could just as easily be 1-5?

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 1:24 PM
  • I've proven you wrong on more than one point and you just won't see it or refuse to admit it. The fact that you keep calling for it is proof enough of that. But again, why should I bother? No matter what I say, if it's contrary to your assertions, than I must be lying, right? So what's the point?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 1:33 PM
  • Please, please keep taking my words out of context.

You haven't disproven anything, just thrown out YOUR OPINION. Your BIASED opinion at that. You've given nothing that can be conclusively proven and now you're bulling up, because that is the de facto response when people can't provide conclusive facts.

As for lying (which your taking out of context) the only comment I made about lying was "you're lying if you're saying Dexter is better player for player" outside of your quarterback, how is that statement false? Your bias just won't allow you to say Dexter isn't as good as someone else.

I know you've given the PC "Malden deserves to be favored", but be real, that's not the same as saying Malden is flat out better than Dexter this year.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 1:43 PM
  • Geez! You two may as well agree to disagree.

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 1:48 PM
  • My thoughts exactly TFA which is where I intend to leave it.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 1:56 PM
  • Boogin,

Remember saying you thought you could score scarlett? I seriously question whether you've ever scored period. Haha. Dude, seriously. In the words of chris carter and keyshawn, C'mon man!!!!

-- Posted by Simpleminds on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 1:58 PM
  • Simpleminded,

That's the best you've got?

Guess that's what happens when I expose myself to SEMO yokels, sub-sophomoric attempts at humor, and catchphrases you've heard on tv.

I almost expected a Larry the Cableguy, git er dun from your last post.

If you want to discuss football, I'm all ears. If you want to take feeble digs at me, a better use of your time would be rolling off your sister and cleaning up the trailer.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 2:07 PM
  • This is becoming embarrassing! Who really cares about who is favored weeks before the game? Boogin grow up a little... Why would you come on here and try to make a bet where one of the few respected posters on this site can no longer post? Does that make you feel all big and bad because one time in the last 15 years Malden is actually relevant in SEMO?

-- Posted by Vizion on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 2:32 PM

Not looking for an argument but please tell me who was tough on Dexter's schedule. When were they tested?

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 4:19 PM
  • Dexter definitely plays a tougher schedule that Malden. 98 percent of people would probably agree on that.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 4:24 PM

Dustin you didn't answer my question. If 98% would agree w your statement I've probably already heard what you just offered. I asked a specific question. Who's tough on Dexter's schedule? When have they been tested?

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 4:29 PM
  • Ste. Gen, Poplar Bluff, Sikeston, Caruthersville, NMCC, Park Hills Central, and Malden. I think most people would agree that's a pretty tough schedule. Even in the Kennett game, they didn't hang their heads and pack it in, they showed some resolve and came back and won the game.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 4:41 PM
  • Dexter does play a pretty rough schedule.

-- Posted by Kzar on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 4:47 PM

Park Hill Central is tough. The rest are average to poor teams this year.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 4:49 PM
  • Really Truth? Does that include Malden? And any way you slice it, it's still a much tougher schedule than Malden plays, isn't it?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 4:57 PM

It's a tougher schedule but that doesn't make Dexter any better of a team. Give Malden that same schedule exchanging Malden for Dexter and Malden's record may have one loss. Malden certainly wouldn't have struggled w Sikeston or Kennet.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 5:04 PM
  • Bigger school doesn't automatically mean tougher. Almost every team you mentioned is hovering right around .500 or under.

Park Hills and Malden are the only tough teams on Dexter's schedule this year.

And closing the season with NMCC, Park Hills Central, and Malden. How many of those games you think Dexter us going to win? Let me guess Preach, they'll "be in them all". Dexter may beat New Madrid, beyond that it's bad. Park Hills is PHYSICAL in a way spread teams do not like, nor do they play well against. That one will be ugly.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 5:11 PM
  • This year the only tough team in the list provided above is Park Hills. Normally that's not the case. Malden plays up just like Dexter, give me a break. Kennett, Dexter, NMCC, then C-ville. Having said that, I disagree w Boogin on a few things, namely the QB comment and the obvious arrogance of predicting a game that isn't even this week.

First off, not one coach would ever make such remarks nor want their kids to read them, it's hard enough to keep their minds focused and grounded w/o reading how good they are or are not. Predictions are taboo among football staffs.

As for the QB comment, Malden's QB is an excellent pocket QB that knows and meshes well w the complex Green Wave offense, who has led the Green Wave for his third successful season going from having little experience up front to the large class of seniors this year, he's shown he is consistently successful w a young or old team. Plus comparing them is comparing two different styles.

I'm a fan of Malden, and have no love lost for the school "up north," lol, but I know what kind of bad mojo comes with such predictions.

Who else should Malden play? They are a 2A school that plays three 3A teams, if you're assuming their district is easy w teams like C-Ville and Charleston (not normally like they are this year). Dexter hung w a very down Bluff team and Sikeston for that matter this year. Two of their wins were to the wire and could have gone either way. My intensional is not to tear anyone down just point out that Malden has the same struggles as Dexter, and this far this year, Malden has handled it w more success. Now, we'll see if that remains the case as we move forward into the last third of the season.

-- Posted by mobrigade on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 5:16 PM
  • Sorry for the grammatical errors, phone + fat fingers = errors

-- Posted by mobrigade on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 5:16 PM
  • Malden has had the same struggles this year?

With whom?

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 5:20 PM
  • It's going to be an uphill battle against PHC, that's for sure. But our boys won't be afraid to go head-to-head with them. This idea that spread teams aren't physical is just a myth. If it was reality, why are so many teams using it?

How many tough teams are on Malden's schedule? I can't believe you are going to give them a pass on that Boogin.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 5:23 PM

If C'ville and NMCC are tough on Dexter's schedule shouldn't they be counted as "tough" on Malden's schedule. Malden is a class 2 school. They're playing Kennet, Dexter, NMCC. Why isn't that equivalent to Dexter (class 3) playing Sikeston or Bluff. Furthermore, none of the teams I just mentioned would beat Malden. I do understand SOS but its not a valid debate when talking about Malden vs Dexter.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 5:33 PM
  • No that isn't a myth.

Spread teams by and large are not tough, and don't know how to respond to teams who are tough and physical.

Cape beating Jackson is a prime example.

The teams that are good year in and year out, the teams that play for state titles DON'T run the spread. Webb City, Park Hills, Hannibal, Harrisonville, Cape, etc don't run the spread.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 5:36 PM
  • In what universe doesCape Central and Park Hills compete for a state title EVERY year? I do agree with your comment about spread teams typically being a bit more soft.

As far as SOS. The last time I checked Dexter has almost double the number of kids that Malden has in their high schools. Who are they supposed to be scheduling, they don't already schedule?

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 5:42 PM
  • Exactly jWhitlock, that's what I'm trying to say. Malden will graduate roughly 70-90 kids each year to Dexters 170-190. Guess Malden should only schedule 3A schools, you know they picked up 3A NMCC and dropped 2A Charleston.

-- Posted by mobrigade on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 6:03 PM
  • In fairness, NMCC is the 2nd smallest Class 3 school.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 6:21 PM
  • I personally have no problem with Malden's schedule. I was playing devil's advocate with Boogin because on another thread he was criticizing Sikeston's allegedly soft schedule. If he held Malden to the same standard he held Sikeston, he should be telling them to schedule teams like Lamar, Strafford, and Mountain View-Liberty.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 7:59 PM
  • Then you missed the point.

Sikeston shouldn't be playing Class 2 schools AT ALL, and should try to avoid Class 3 schools if at all possible.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 8:29 PM
  • Preacher Man you beat me to it. Send Malden over here to the south west and see how hard they blow that horn. Geez. Don't worry. Lamar will help sort things out soon enough.

-- Posted by Eaglesview86 on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 8:29 PM
  • Malden is beating people by 40. Including Cville who, was improving! Lol They were not improving just playing bad teams. No talk about them improving since a bad nmcc team beat them

-- Posted by Semoespn on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 8:48 PM
  • Boogin,

Glad to see you can be a little funny than just a douche. I'd say my comments are much closer than yours though.

Your argument w/ Preach is really unfair. I'd like to hear who your team plays OOC? And if your team is Pius, then what's your beef w/ Preach and/or Dexter? Cause Pius' OOC games sure aren't intimidating....& then they even lost to two of them and barely squeked by against the other

How can your argument hold water if you refuse to share your teams SOS? Give Preach a chance at least.

-- Posted by Simpleminds on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 8:51 PM

I don't think NMCC is a bad team. Heck they aren't Malden by any means, but they aren't a bad team. They have improved leaps and bounds this season.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 8:53 PM
  • IF Malden plays and loses to Lamar that will not change that Malden is a really good team this year. Short-sightedness is rampant on this forum.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 9:10 PM
  • Now Buck, you poor biased soul! You just can't see these matters clearly. But fear not! Boogin will soon straighten you out. Lol.

BTW, Boogin, you didn't say Sikeston shouldn't play any Class 2 schools AT ALL. You allowed them to keep playing Charleston because of the historic rivalry and they are Class 2. You even said you got that. But I'm probably taking your words out of context again.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 9:12 PM
  • Also, I was just watching Valle's game against Westran on YouTube. Guess what kind of offense they ran? The spread! Last time I checked they've had a lot of success and some pretty tough kids.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 9:14 PM

Good point jwhitlock.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 9:16 PM

I just finished watching a quarter of Lamar from the 2012 state championship game. They looked great, but not unbeatable. They depend on confusing the defense w the 2 QB set up. That 2012 team had very nice size and quickness in their O-Line. I noticed one more thing. Their team is also made up of 16, 17, and 18 yr old boys that love to compete! I admire what I saw, but they are beatable. That 2 QB system can be stopped.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 9:43 PM
  • No one's done it in three years Truth. Go and watch last year's Class 2 Show-Me Bowl if you can find it. That was truly impressive! They beat Lawson 42-0 and before that won their semi-final game 70-7 over Lutheran North. Do you remember how good Caruthersville was two years ago when they played Lamar in the semis and lost like 60-14? What defense would you recommend to stop them?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 9:57 PM

Preach, I haven't studied them enough to recommend a defense to stop but what I do know from my experience as a player and coach, NO offense is unstoppable. Once again, I admit they are VERY impressive. It's going to require 48 minutes of discipline to beat them.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 10:07 PM
  • Well I have to agree with that.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 10:09 PM

Preach, just curious how long have you followed high school football in Southeast Missouri? Do you remember watching David Haug, Mark Nea, etc?

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 10:10 PM
  • I grew up watching Charleston football in the 1980's and saw some of their really good teams back then. I've met Mark Nea but did not see him play. In the early 1990's I lived in Portageville and saw the powerhouse teams they fielded back then. Then for about 10 years (from 1996-2006) I lived in the St. Louis area, but was too busy raising two little boys to follow the action up there. When I lived in Pacific, they went about 8 years without winning a game! So it's really only been the last seven years that I've been back in SEMO, living in Dexter where both my sons played, that I've gotten back into SEMO high school football.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 10:19 PM

Awesome. Sounds like you've experienced the good, the bad, and the ugly! Yeah, I was friends w several Portageville Players from the early 90s. They had much better basketball than football. LOL I don't ever remember losing to Portageville in football.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 10:37 PM

By the way, Mark Nea was a great receiver for Dexter.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 10:38 PM
  • Lol. Yes, that's a good way to describe Dexter football the last seven years!

I believe it was in 1995 that Portageville had an awesome football team. They were undefeated and unscored on the whole season until one playoff game (and I forget now who we played) that we lost 7-0! What a heartbreaker! People leaving the field that night looked like they had been to a funeral! Coach Jim McKay had a great program at Portageville back in the day. And yes, the basketball team was pretty good too, winning back-to-back state championships.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 10:50 PM

I agree. Any team can be defeated. It will take discipline/assignment football on defense & an offense that can control the clock, run the ball & matriculate the ball down the field limiting Lamar's possessions. I offered my opinion on a different thread, I think.

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 10:51 PM

Preach, that's why I don't remember. In 1995 I was playing college ball.

Charleston, you're right. It's going to take keeping the ball out Lamar's possession.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Sun, Sep 28, 2014, at 11:06 PM
  • I'm getting as hot as a cup of Folgers after reading some of the latest comments from clueless.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 2:20 AM
  • Dustin was that an attempt to get me to engage you? That'd be like kicking a puppy. Pass.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 10:33 AM
  • Kicking the puppy? Boogin you're more likely to follow said puppy around and taste it's droppings.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 10:38 AM

I don't think there's anything wrong with either schedule IMO.

For the people to say that Malden plays a soft schedule is just ridiculous. Malden plays these teams on a consistent basis. The teams they play this year just happen to be down for the most part. It's really hard to tell who will be competitive years in advance. Malden is just on another level than their competition this year, plain and simple. Can't really fault them for that. It will likely go back to being competitive next year when they lose all those seniors. It's just their year to shine and rightfully so. They play some of the same teams Dexter plays. Being class 2, I say, their schedule is what it should be. I could see them adding a good Class 3 team like St Gen in the future though. So let all this hating on Malden and their schedule debate just end. If they played Dexter's schedule they'd still be 6-0 right now IMO.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 11:27 AM
  • The main problem with stopping Lamar's offense is.....thier defense holds most teams to 3 and outs on a constant basis. Liberty was 12 and 0 last year and averaged about 52 points a game. We had some good offensive drives but Lamar's d was just too dominating for us to score. Last year, the Lamar offense broke the all time scoring record in a season........in the entire NATION!! If you know of a way to stop them, you could probably make a fortune selling that plan to a few coaching staffs! LOL! They are simply on another level in 2A football.

-- Posted by Eaglesview86 on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 11:33 AM
  • Lamar: Last year

883 points scored 58 ppg

123 point given up 8 ppg

7 shut-outs

This year-6 games in

346 points scored 57 ppg

6 point given up all season

5 shut-outs

Good Luck to any team that plays them

there only lost last year was to a class 5 team 50-46

-- Posted by kevinfb1978 on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 12:15 PM

So they can be defeated.

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 12:18 PM
  • Eaglesview86 makes a great point. All the talk about Lamar's spinner 2-QB offense overlooks just how dominant their defense has been too. I agree that they're just on another level from other Class 2 teams.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 12:25 PM
  • LOL! So send your best squad over there for the season opener next year. Make it a class 4 or 5. Good luck.

-- Posted by Eaglesview86 on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 12:26 PM
  • I agree 100% with Cheese's post.

-- Posted by mobrigade on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 12:39 PM
  • Yes straightouttacharleston, they can be beaten. Anyone CAN, you do realize it took a pretty decent Class 5 school to just BARELY beat them.

If a good Class 5 school can only beat Lamar (Class2) by 4 points, what real hope do other Class 2 schools have?

You either haven't seen Lamar play, don't realize that SWMO schools are on a different level than SEMO schools, or you've just being a homer.

People thought Cape would go over and maybe "out-athlete" Webb City last year too. How'd that work out for them?

Newsflash, Lamar is the Webb City of Class 2.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 12:45 PM
  • Call the AD at Jackson or Cape Central Eaglesview86. Lol.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 12:47 PM
  • We have a web sight over here too. We keep up with all the East and SouthEast side schools. We have had Malden games on our pick em I think every week. Liberty has been playing Semo schools for years. I wish we werent all so far apart so we could see more of your teams playing more of ours. Something different from time to time. I know Malden is good. We knew they would be coming in. And in normal situations, if Liberty or Strafford had to play Malden, I would say it would be a very good game. But with Lamar in the mix...well, the outcome seems predictable week one. I will say this. Strafford has an amazing undefeated team this year and Liberty is more physical than I have ever seen them with the running game getting stronger every week. I'm anxious to see how things pan out. Unless we or Strafford lay a big egg, we should be playing one another for the district championship and a shot at the Lamar Juggernaut.

-- Posted by Eaglesview86 on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 2:40 PM
  • What's the name and address of the web-site Eaglesview86? I would love to check it out.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 2:52 PM
  • Let's not forget Malden has a coach from the "west," so they've had the program he brought from that region for four years.

-- Posted by mobrigade on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 6:02 PM
  • Joel Wyatt came from mountain grove ,a very good program and has had these seniors all their highschool life he has a good program going here in place at malden now . The kids and the whole town for that matter have bought in and hopefully this will be a continual thing for our team. We have been a winner every since he has been here(31&13) and hopefully have just gotten over the hump to start winning some dist championships and beyond year after year.i'm not counting my chickens before they hatch just hoping we can be like some of the teams you guys are talking about out west.

-- Posted by Ramfanman on Mon, Sep 29, 2014, at 7:02 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: