High School Football Forum: Sikeston vs Cape Central

Posted by Plain J on Mon, Sep 1, 2014, at 7:27 PM:

What do you guys think about this one? Game of the week I'd say! Should be a good one. Or do you think Capes speed will dominate the game.

Replies (60)

This will be a good gauge of how good Sikeston is this year. The first two games played out how they were supposed to. Cape is one of the best teams in the area. I say Cape wins by a couple td's.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Sep 1, 2014, at 7:37 PM
  • Do they have anyone else besides Young and Montgomery? Those are the only names I hear.

-- Posted by TFA on Mon, Sep 1, 2014, at 7:51 PM
  • I agree with Cheesehead. It may not even be that close.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Sep 1, 2014, at 8:10 PM
  • U know u 2 are getting on my nerves. Lol! Cape will be tough and I have no clue how we will do. I don't think they will slaughter us but seriously who else scores for them besides Young that's a legit question I'm curious.

-- Posted by TFA on Mon, Sep 1, 2014, at 8:16 PM
  • Well sorry about that Ms. TFA! Montgomery and Young are Cape's two main playmakers, but look out for RB Braion Owens and WR Reddin. They can also put up big numbers for the Tigers.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Sep 1, 2014, at 8:27 PM
  • Thanks Preach I haven't read much about them. But everyone knows Montgomery and Young. Just hope the mosquito's doesn't win.

-- Posted by TFA on Mon, Sep 1, 2014, at 8:33 PM
  • Sikeston will get steamrolled by Cape Central as they also have a weak opening schedule.

-- Posted by cardinalnation on Mon, Sep 1, 2014, at 9:08 PM

You couldn't tell cape fans that their schedule wasn't going to get them steam rolled a few years back when they were so confident, but I have no idea on a prediction it seriously is their measuring game.

We shall see

-- Posted by formerposterchild on Mon, Sep 1, 2014, at 9:44 PM
  • Central by 35

-- Posted by cardinalnation on Mon, Sep 1, 2014, at 9:53 PM
  • Tfa. The mosquitoes are not bad up here at all this year. I think Sikeston will give Cape all they want.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Mon, Sep 1, 2014, at 10:16 PM
  • Yeah Central wins this one BIG.

Like minimum 35 point win.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Mon, Sep 1, 2014, at 10:34 PM
  • Too much firepower for my dawgz, im thinkn bengals 38-14, but hopin im wrong!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Sep 1, 2014, at 11:34 PM

We knew Sikeston would win big in those 1st two games but despite the mild shock of scoring 55 points in quarter I think Cape beats my dawgs here. Just too much offense. Though I wouldn't be offended if the bulldogs proved me wrong.

-- Posted by Bunk on Mon, Sep 1, 2014, at 11:41 PM
  • Sikeston has a better chance in this game than it looks from the eye. We all know Central can put up points on offense. The big question is the defense of the Tigers and most importantly the secondary. We shall find out Friday night.

-- Posted by TheBigBarker on Tue, Sep 2, 2014, at 12:32 AM
  • Central defense is amazing, well they were awesome against St Charles west they shut them down the second half! I have no worries at all for Cape this game. Final score 47-20

-- Posted by Plain J on Tue, Sep 2, 2014, at 1:16 AM
  • Thanks Indian Pride I'm beginning to like you more. : ) I still don't see Cape slaughtering us unless they start off like they did against New Madrid, now that wasn't good, but guess we will see Friday night. Indian Pride I'm still going to bring Off they were horrible last Friday.

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Sep 2, 2014, at 7:01 AM

Turbo Clock for Cape.

-- Posted by LiveByTheSword on Tue, Sep 2, 2014, at 8:18 AM
  • Central wins by 28

-- Posted by CatDad on Tue, Sep 2, 2014, at 8:35 AM

Bunk you couldn't have told cape fans they were going to lose those games, and I wouldn't have thought sikeston would have lost that bad last year.

We shall see

-- Posted by formerposterchild on Tue, Sep 2, 2014, at 1:01 PM
  • central is extremely deep on offense braion owens rushed for over 1,000 yards last year and is every bit as capable of taking one to the house as montgomery and young if central shows up to play is should not be close

-- Posted by CTpride on Tue, Sep 2, 2014, at 1:11 PM

I think it a bit presumptuous to assume this will be a blowout though. Sikeston has a good defense. It's not enough to stave off Young & company for 4 quarters but it will be tough sledding at times for the Tigers. I just don't see Cape coming out and being automatic early on offense in the game. It's gonna be a dogfight( no pun intended) until fatigue sets in and the talent takes over.

-- Posted by Bunk on Tue, Sep 2, 2014, at 2:26 PM

LOL!! TFA loves her Bulldogs! If it was up the heart her Bulldogs would steam roll every game. No harm intended TFA. Just observing. Tigers win at least by 14. Tigers are deeper than Young and Montgomery.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Tue, Sep 2, 2014, at 4:49 PM
  • No I don't think they are going to steamroll Cape or Jackson just not going to pick against my sons team. Never said anywhere that we would steamroll anyone just don't think Cape will us.

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Sep 2, 2014, at 6:00 PM
  • When it becomes a rival you can throw out all the bs! Look at the jamboree! Only the strong will make it thru this game! Both teams will bring it all, you could win this game but still lose it if someone gets hurt! Can't wait to see it! This will be football 101! Two big semo school getting it on! Best of luck to both!

-- Posted by Ftballrules on Tue, Sep 2, 2014, at 7:55 PM

TFA, who are you picking tonight??? Do you steal think Sikeston won't get steam rolled?? LOL Just this one time give Cape a chance and pick them. Try it!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 7:38 AM
  • Still not steal but if we could steal the game then ok then!!

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 7:43 AM

LOL!! Wow! Can't believe I missed that. Thanks for correcting me but your boys will STILL be in basketball practice Monday.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 8:15 AM
  • Again, it doesn't matter to me. I don't do well in cold and tonight I'm going to freeze!

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 8:22 AM

I'm only teasing. Try to stay warm.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 8:44 AM
  • I know you're teasing and I'm going to try to stay warm but really don't see that happening I'm cold just thinking about it.

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 8:59 AM

I'll probably be out there tonight to watch CT! I'll have to attend Jackson games once basketball starts!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 9:55 AM
  • Wear a Jackson shirt so I know who to tell the hitman to get. lol!!

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 9:58 AM
  • Sikeston is better from when the last time they met up with Cape I say sikeston beats Cape 28-21

-- Posted by GloUp34 on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 10:28 AM

Lol I bet it will be tied before the first starts! Haha

-- Posted by cker23 on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 10:40 AM

I'll be out to see this match up as well tonight. I agree sikeston is a better team now but still don't see them slowing down the tigers, especially at home. Cape rolls 41-14.

-- Posted by Sports Rat on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 10:55 AM

GloUp34, not sound disrespectful but you MUST be a die hard Sikeston fan to even say that! LOL Sikeston has improved, but they still have the same team they brought up here in week 3! Will it be a better game? Possibly! But to say Sikeston will win is insane!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 11:07 AM

TFA, my wife is Sikeston alumni so we might have to go over to that side to see if any of her relatives are there. LOL That's why I love seeing Sikeston get whipped!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 11:09 AM
  • Your wife sounds like a great person. Just has bad taste in men or at least who they root against in sports. She really needs to hurt you. Lol!

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 12:49 PM

LOL!! She was smart enough not to marry a Sikeston ball player. LOL

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 1:09 PM
  • @JustSpeakingTheTruth im not a fan im just telling the truth. Honestly who knows whats going to happen.

-- Posted by GloUp34 on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 1:24 PM
  • My son is a player in football and basketball, now I'm insulted!!

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 1:26 PM
  • The way Cape like to throw the ball this wind might be an equalizer.

-- Posted by lastride67 on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 1:40 PM
  • Montgomery has only thrown 65 passes this year. Hampton has thrown 104. Although their throws have decreased substantially since they've gone to the new offense.

-- Posted by semohoops on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 2:02 PM
  • But wouldn't you say, most of Montgomery's passes were thrown for big yardage, that's where the wind might come into play

-- Posted by lastride67 on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 2:17 PM
  • Cape will run it down the bullldawwwgs throat until they like it!

-- Posted by TheBigBarker on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 2:55 PM

LOL@ TheBigbarker!! TFA, sorry! Transfer him to Jackson.

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 5:02 PM

With 8:25 to go in the 2nd quarter the turbo clock is on!!! Sikeston held the ball the 1st ten minutes!! Since that point Cape has unleashed the dog catchers!!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 7:44 PM

49-0 at half time!!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 7:58 PM
  • I thought the clock ran constantly if it was turbo cause this one stopped.

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 8:16 PM
  • Turbo only second half.

-- Posted by ePeen on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 8:17 PM
  • Ok thank u that's what I was thinking

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 8:20 PM
  • It only runs if you are the DeSoto coach and ask the opposing coach BEFORE the game if they get up big to go ahead and let it run!

-- Posted by Fruit Hoops on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 8:44 PM

What ever! 1st half.............2nd half!! It's a blowout whenever you get done!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 8:50 PM
  • Congrats to Cape. I hope u go far.

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 9:16 PM
  • The game at Jackson sounds like a good one.

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 9:44 PM
  • Congrats to Jackson and Kennett

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 9:59 PM

Jackson was saved by grace tonight! Glad they pulled it off!

-- Posted by JustSpeakingTheTruth on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 10:01 PM
  • And to Malden and Caruthersville

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 10:01 PM
  • Thanks TFA!! Sorry it didn't go well for y'all but we'll see you on the hardwood soon!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 10:52 PM
  • Thanks IP but I wasn't expecting it to turn out any differently.

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Oct 31, 2014, at 10:57 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: