High School Football Forum: REBELS vs Dragons

Posted by REBEL88 on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 9:11 AM:

Opinions? Predictions?

Replies (98)

• Going to be a good game for sure!

-- Posted by Bizkit on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 10:14 AM
  • Stg 31 Park Hills 28. Stg kicks a 40 harder to win it. Then Bleed and caniplay go to Subway to celebrate!

-- Posted by Squeak on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 10:28 AM
  • If PHC plays like they are capable of, I really believe this is a 2 to 3 TD win for the rebs. Just my opionion.

-- Posted by hardwork on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 10:49 AM
  • So you guys think Ste. Gen will score more points in one game against PHC than PHC has given up in 11 games, including a game against Ste. Gen?

-- Posted by Crazydog on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 12:33 PM
  • I know one thing. This will be a really quick game since both teams are almost all run. SG will have to score 21 plus and not sure that will happen. Also Im anxious to see what PH defense can do against John Burroughs.

Dont like it but Im thinking 21-7 Flat River

-- Posted by caniplay on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 12:42 PM

I'm thinking but also hoping...SG wins 28-21. I'll agree with Bleed Green but just this once. What gives SG a huge chance to win is the fact that all their players and coaches drink the same water that Valle kids drink. I'm kidding. I'm joking. Please don't get mad.

-- Posted by TheWarriorz on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 1:20 PM
  • skip

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 1:20 PM
  • Park Hills 24-14

-- Posted by Bizkit on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 1:35 PM
  • Park Hills 10-7

-- Posted by ALL MADISON COUNTY MVP on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 1:37 PM
  • No, Warriorz, they get paid by both coaching staffs to work out at the community center together. Valle gets the holy water. SG gets Mississippi River water. This game will come down to who has the better game plan coming in and who makes the best adjustments coming into the second half. But a lot of it will come down to who wants to play JB next Saturday or who wants to start wrestling or playing basketball. I know if I'm going to skip the first afternoon of rifle season, I would rather be watching SG play.

-- Posted by Perrywinkle on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 1:47 PM
  • are you Joey lewandowski? or Joe dirt?

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 1:49 PM
  • The regular season record for PH's opponents was 39-42 and SG's opponents' record was 40-40

-- Posted by Perrywinkle on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 1:57 PM
  • I just hope I can find a parking spot. Should be a great game!!

-- Posted by manoman on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 2:57 PM
  • Oh yay, this again.

-- Posted by Kzar on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 2:58 PM
  • Hey Bleed, you said PHC was 12-0. We are acually 11-0 right now. I guess subconciously you think PHC will win the District Championship. Lol

-- Posted by Crazydog on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 4:16 PM
  • Park Hills won the jamboree. I'm sure that's what Bleed meant. Another thing, BG doesn't have a conscience, much less a subconscious. Hahahahaha!

-- Posted by Perrywinkle on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 4:36 PM
  • You're really trying to light Bleeds fuse right now.

-- Posted by Squeak on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 4:37 PM
  • Should be another close game, but one thing about PHC's offense against Dexter was how they unveiled a spread formation and worked it well. Very un-Rebel like. Can Ste. Gen defend well enough in the passing game? That may well decide the outcome. I think PHC wins 28-17.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 4:51 PM
  • I think Dallas is a completely different back this go round. Park Hills will have some trouble with stopping him.

-- Posted by Squeak on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 5:18 PM
  • 201 would be nice.Congrats Stolzer and Weiler

-- Posted by hb1025 on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 5:57 PM
  • Diddo on the congrats! Absolutely great accomplishment, but 201 will have to wait.

PHC wins same as last year w same score of 28-7.

SG scored on 2 of first 3 possessions first time around and from what I can tell, PHC hasn't allowed a point since.

The schedule could be tougher, but Potosi scored like 7 TDs vs SG starters. They couldn't get a first down vs central.

I wish I could see them play. I know some unbiased people that have seen them, and they say they are legit!

-- Posted by Biggy on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 7:17 PM
  • Central 28-0 is what I feel but I will throw a bone to STG and say 28-7.

-- Posted by NCFan on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 8:10 PM
  • PHC has won 17 out of their last 18 games.

John Burroughs was the last team to beat them and they've only allowed 27 points since then.

I like Central's odds, but they've got their work cut out for them.

-- Posted by zachattack on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 8:43 PM
  • Rebs are for real. Defense is a steel curtain and even Vince Lombardi couldn't muster much scoring vs the Rebs defense. If SG can hold the rebs to 13 pts they have a chance. We have too much depth and SG has little depth if any. Hardly anyone goes both ways for the mighty rebs. If its close at the half, depth will take over to determine the winner..

-- Posted by Toma on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 8:56 PM

the new playoff system sucks in IMHO..0-9 teams don't belong. just sayin...

-- Posted by Brother Vito on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 9:35 PM
  • Well you could also say SG didn't allow a punt return for a TD against Maplewood... Or that they scored more points against Fredericktown. I do agree though that SG's defense will have to play the best they have all year. I'm pretty sure everyone in semo knows that though. And I hate this system too. You have 6 days to prepare for the first 2 games and then 5 for the district championship. At first I thought it would be good but I personally haven't noticed any big upsets with the "everyone is in" tournament style of getting a state champion.

-- Posted by Perrywinkle on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 10:26 PM
  • They are so physical. I stood close to the field both times Fredericktown played them. Fredericktown has had a lack luster season but they still have those physicals kids who bring it every play. They were way outmatched Monday. Numerous times I would see a tough kid lead blocking with all he had, hit one of their linebackers and absolutely wilt like he had been shot. PHC defense is really, really good.

-- Posted by ALL MADISON COUNTY MVP on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 7:40 AM
  • How bad were the field conditions Wednesday?

-- Posted by Perrywinkle on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 10:21 AM
  • I am hoping for a shutout! I believe the REBELS are capable! However, Stolzer/Weiler are crafty with the half time adjustments, so we will have to save the good stuff for 2nd half. Our defense in my opinion this season is due to the addition of coach Tony Martin to the staff. If you saw him play either at CHS or Ball State, you can see his influence in these boys. Monday night will be a good game and I predict the REBELS will be playing on Saturday the 16th against the winner of the Burroughs/Cardinal Ritter game.

-- Posted by REBEL88 on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 10:51 AM
  • It's because you have great players. Tony has never coached a day in his life. I'm sure he has improved the line backers. But let's be real. Schweiss and PJ have built this and tony is a nice addition.

-- Posted by caniplay on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 11:54 AM
  • Tony's intensity is what I see in our defense~! Yes we do have great players, I never said otherwise. I think we have a system that is firing on all cylinders this season, players and coaches!

-- Posted by REBEL88 on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 12:02 PM
  • I agree, you don't get to see the effects of a new coach, much less a coach that has just started out, until a few years later. Gibbs didn't go to Sikeston and turn the program into a quarterfinal team in one year and he's a HOF'er. Martin has for sure been a great addition, no doubt. Having 2 guys on the staff at PH that played college ball VERY WELL on the defensive side is nice to have. If you've got the right kids, you can run college defenses that even Stolzer and Weiler will have to think hard about.

-- Posted by Perrywinkle on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 12:05 PM
  • Perry, remember that the same number of games are played to get to the Dome under this playoff system as was done for the previous system - 15 total games for the season, including the Dome game for a Championship.

As far as upsets, sure in the District 1 area things have fallen out pretty much as predicted and fairly similar to last year, but tell that to #5 Aurora. They knocked off both #4 Monett and #1 Reeds Springs in their district so far. I haven't looked for any other examples however.

Wait to see if NMCC and/or Dexter turns things around down south in a year or two and things in Class 3 around here might get interesting...

-- Posted by mojo3 on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 1:13 PM
  • I firmly believe MAFL and other programs like it also have a hand in the teams doing well. I can't wait to see what our coaching staff has planned for St. Gen Monday, it can't get here soon enough. Oh Bleed Green, are you still planning to sit in the middle of the REBELS bleachers wearing your bleed green shirt like you said? I am still looking forward to introducing myself to you.

-- Posted by REBEL88 on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 1:53 PM
  • Yep, as long as you have coaches that are focused solely on fundamentals and being a team player, I feel that kids being involved in pewee football is a big time help. Can't force kids into playing football at that age though. Always introduce kids to something like football or hunting when they show interest and are of age to conceivably do so.

-- Posted by Perrywinkle on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 2:08 PM
  • Rebel88 I sure hope these 15-18 year old boys & bleed green can live up to your expectations ,dreams and predictions I would hate to see a grown women cry over a high school football game! Anyway it should be a great game for both fans to watch

-- Posted by SGFAN on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 3:12 PM
  • Rebel88 will you have brownies for me at least? You ever seen a real dragon?

-- Posted by caniplay on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 3:22 PM
  • I really would like cupcakes

-- Posted by hb1025 on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 3:35 PM
  • SGFAN, no need to be nasty! You don't even know me, just talking about the upcoming game like everyone else. If you think because I am a grown women that I shouldn't discuss the game, well that is just silly. I am sure my expectations, dreams and predictions won't cause me as a grown woman to cry over a football game, especially one that the REBELS is victorious. I agree it will be a great game to watch.

caniplay, I have told you I am not a baker, no brownies from this girl. I have seen a few real dragons when I come down to St. Gen. Oh and my friend Donna Staffen Laramore is from there.

-- Posted by REBEL88 on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 3:41 PM
  • well I will let Donna know to choose better friends. Out!

-- Posted by caniplay on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 4:01 PM
  • Well there ya have it! o.. It's "Ste.gen." not St.gen.

-- Posted by SGFAN on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 4:17 PM
  • I've never been to Saint Gen. Where's that located?

-- Posted by Perrywinkle on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 5:41 PM

I'm pretty sure fan everywhere are the same...I stand on the visitors side for home games...They want a penalty on every play...

-- Posted by Brother Vito on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 7:35 PM
  • No. Maplewood fans don't go to away games. So they can't complain about penalties.

-- Posted by Perrywinkle on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 7:54 PM

Bleed I agree. They make the game soft enough with the new "defenseless" player rules, no need to make the kids soft with it. I think the days of every head coach having the ability to coach (tell a kid how it is and even raise his/her voice when doing so) are long gone. Parents need to keep in mind that their playing days are over and their kid is the only one that can put on the practice and or game jersey.

While I'm on the subject- I know it's a smartellic POV but I think the only way a player could truly be defenseless is if they weren't wearing proper equipment. I mean they get a helmet, shoulder pads, etc. I hope I'm not taken out of context again when I say this...I still don't think it's acceptable to "barrel roll" ankles, crown someone's stomach head or chest...none of that bs.

-- Posted by TheWarriorz on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 10:35 PM

17-14 SG

The last contest was almost like a turbo clock due to the style of play Park Hills hogged the ball nearly the entire 3rd Quarter. When you can do that it also make your Defense look good

-- Posted by Brother Vito on Sat, Nov 9, 2013, at 6:50 AM
  • We all have our opinions on the upcoming game on Monday and everyone believes their team is the best this season. Monday night we will know who was right and who wasn't. As for JB, what if Cardinal Ritter beats them? I promise, this time next year each of us will still think our home town team is the best.

caniplay, hey what do you mean you will tell Donna to choose better friends? She is marrying a REBEL, so she obviously has gotten her priorities straight. lol

-- Posted by REBEL88 on Sat, Nov 9, 2013, at 9:14 AM
  • I would say bleed was a pretty good player for SG. Green and Blue. Pick a side buddy!

-- Posted by caniplay on Sat, Nov 9, 2013, at 9:27 AM
  • Bleed I was poking at rebel88 for always being up your butt,as for as "sg fans **** you off" not sure how to take that ! Explains a lot of your anger tho, you like the team but hate the fans? Interesting!

-- Posted by SGFAN on Sat, Nov 9, 2013, at 9:39 AM
  • SGFAN I don't know what constitutes being up someone's butt, I am surely not ever up bleed greens butt or anyone else's unless they say something that affects me. Ewwwww!!!

-- Posted by REBEL88 on Sat, Nov 9, 2013, at 11:35 AM
  • Ok..

-- Posted by SGFAN on Sat, Nov 9, 2013, at 12:07 PM
  • I will agree with Brother Vito. Park Hills offense helps their defense out with long drives. Not taking anything away from the PH defense, but when your opponent only gets 8 possessions the whole game, it's hard to see what will work against their defense. SG seems to be the only team that found out what works (to an extent). Hopefully this time around SG can find more things that work and get PH's offense off the field sooner.

-- Posted by Perrywinkle on Sat, Nov 9, 2013, at 4:14 PM
  • Little league football has NO bearing on how good the HS team is. If anything, it's bad for it. You have morons coaching them that run off kids from FB before real coaches ever get their hands on them.

Look at SG for example. They use to dominate, and a few years back started a peewee league, and now they are only average every year.

People on here seem to know nothing about reality.

-- Posted by Biggy on Sat, Nov 9, 2013, at 4:32 PM
  • Plenty. It's easier to teach someone correctly that hasn't already learned incorrectly. IMO, but according to my wife, that's usually wrong. Just sayin

-- Posted by Biggy on Sat, Nov 9, 2013, at 4:59 PM
  • Well in Dexter my sons got much better coaching in Little League than they did in middle school, so I guess that's a relative thing.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Nov 9, 2013, at 5:02 PM
  • Biggy I don't buy what your saying.If that was the case then you should also think little league baseball,basketball,wrestling and what ever dosent help these kids.Doesnt look like its hurting Valle or say Webb City.Maybe some towns that started these leagues are catching up to others.Bleed i'm sure you are not going to get the best coaches, but I've seen coaches at the highschool level that are not very good also.

-- Posted by hb1025 on Sat, Nov 9, 2013, at 5:35 PM
  • I love it how people act as if little league football's purpose is to prepare their 7 year old for a full ride to Mizzou.

-- Posted by zachattack on Sat, Nov 9, 2013, at 7:21 PM
  • Nope. It's purpose is to teach fundamentals. Like blocking, tackling, handoffs, and how to carry a football. Not to run a million formations with a million plays. If you don't feel the coaches are doing a good job, then you coach their team or don't have your kids play.

-- Posted by Perrywinkle on Sat, Nov 9, 2013, at 10:22 PM
  • Exactly right......

-- Posted by zachattack on Sat, Nov 9, 2013, at 10:30 PM
  • All I'm saying is that got every team that goes about it the right way, there is an idiot going about it the wrong way. Cussing, conditioning, etc. if your town has just one team coached by one of these guys (and you all have one), then you may steer a 3rd or 4th grader away from football that may never play the game in high school, OR they play a certain position in little league and if they grow or whatever they may need to play something else in HS, all of a sudden you've got problems.

There is not one (not one) technique in football that can't be taught from 7th grade up. In baseball and basketball, there are tons of skills a 6 or 7 year old can do. That's a whole other topic (shooting at a 10 ft goal when your in first grade, running plays, etc......retarded). Also if you have idiot coaches coaching those sports and you run off a few kids, you usually run off the marginal kids. In football, it is the marginal kids that make up your 8th, 9th, 10th, and 11th kids on your starting offense and defense , not to mention special teams. Those kids are sitting the bench in other sports.

Listen, there might be kids getting good instruction, but those kids can learn everything they need to be a great player from 9th grade on.

Next time you hear of a little guy not playing FB because of experiences in impact FB, that's what I'm talking about.

A friend of mine coaches and says its unbelievable how many don't play because of it. When he recruits the hallways, that's the #1 answer. 'I don't like it'. "How do you know?" 'Well, in 3rd grade .........."

Go to one of those games on a Saturday and just listen to some of those idiots! It's crazy.

-- Posted by Biggy on Sun, Nov 10, 2013, at 8:29 AM
  • I agree you don't have the best coaches at this level,most are parents that do this on their own time and do it for free.I'm sure there are parents that are just as crazy as the coaches.I've also seen parents pushing their children to play and the kid doesn't want to play.Just saying coaching isn't easy and isn't always the problem.

-- Posted by hb1025 on Sun, Nov 10, 2013, at 9:06 AM
  • Yelling and screaming like a complete retard and losing your cool is not an effective method of comminication between a coach and a 9 year old. They just shut down.

Good coaches are a RARITY in little league.....we need more people to step up and there wouldn't be so many horror/sob stories.

-- Posted by zachattack on Sun, Nov 10, 2013, at 12:54 PM
  • 1. Don't have your kids do anything sports wise until they express interest. If they want to play football, baseball, hockey, cheerleading, and yes even soccer, they'll let you know. That's when you should introduce it. Forcing a kid to do a sporting activity they don't want to do is the STUPIDEST thing you can do as a parent.

2. I believe the earlier you teach fundamentals of any sport to kids, the bigger advantage they will have. But, see #1. It's just like teaching your kids to read. Yea they can learn it in preschool or kindergarten, but they'll have an advantage if they learn how to before then.

3. It really does kill me to talk to a kid about football and he won't play because of a coach. I've asked MANY kids "Hey, why don't you play football?" and I get they same thing almost every time. "I had a D-bag of a coach in peewee football." My nephew is a great example. He's 6'0" 170-180 lbs and pretty athletic for a sophomore. But thanks to the peewee coaches in the town that rhymes with Crystal City, he will not play football.

-- Posted by Perrywinkle on Sun, Nov 10, 2013, at 2:43 PM
  • You have to give the Park Hill D credit. 24, 25 quarters w/o a point allowed? Crikey. Anything can happen but it would be crazy not to consider PHC a favorite in this one.

-- Posted by Thegridirongeek on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 8:25 AM
  • What would Stolzer know about tackling?? Since SG seems not to do much of it

-- Posted by caniplay on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 8:47 AM
  • Caniplay,

I got quite a giggle from reading that. This is because the past few years it's been true. There is no denying it. SG's weakness has been defense and more specifically the physicality on the defensive side of the ball.

Not saying Stolzer isn't a great coach, because we all know his W/L record.

-- Posted by blackNgold007 on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 9:55 AM
  • PH will need to play better than the last time for sure. They gave up too many penalty yards and 2 end zone drops, interception and poor 4 & 1 conversion along with allowing #11 to run over them. SG will be ready!

-- Posted by Bizkit on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 10:05 AM
  • Well lets look at SG's strong point. Its offense which for 200 wins has not been handled by Coach Stolzer. SG's defense coordinator is coach Stolzer. Stolzer has been a great motivator and consistent figure for SG football however the success would not have been what it was if Stolzer and Weiler were not together. And just for facts they have played two good running backs this year and both have went for over 200 plus yards.

So you can keep thinking what you like. SG has not been a physical fundementally sound football team. There offensive schemes give them a chance to win. If you can take your obvious personal connection out of this you could see it.

-- Posted by caniplay on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 10:38 AM
  • Beating a team twice in the same year is always a tough task when the teams are pretty evenly matched. Easier to fix what you did wrong (for the losing team) than to continue doing what worked (for the winning team). Hopefully SG has made the right adjustments and can get up early.

-- Posted by Perrywinkle on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 10:44 AM
  • Virus? So coaches are no blame in the performance? hell i guess i hope the speed and size virus starts gling arous SG. Being physical is a breed of football that comes from the coach. When they started scoring bunches and bunches of points you could see a change. And no not a wr or QB in the 90s. But I have not seen a SG team in the past 10 years that I have thought was a solid defensive football team. If you take that personally and want to take shots then OK. That's my favorite game. And you sure your initial are not TD. I think bleed hit that one. And yes Valle has an excellent coach. I think coach naeger and Nathan Gegg are great football minds. And I think jake Martin is very dedicated but don't know him personally.

-- Posted by caniplay on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 12:13 PM
  • Great coaching alone will not put you where Valle is. When the speed and size dry up so will the success.

-- Posted by buyer beware on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 1:06 PM
  • And you do know your talking about? I have given you reasons and legitimate facts. What would make anyone think you have a clue?

I would guess your a teacher at SG

-- Posted by caniplay on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 1:48 PM
  • You're starting to act like BG, green & blue. I think you've been standing on the visitors' sideline too long.

-- Posted by Perrywinkle on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 2:10 PM
  • So again what would make anyone think you had a clue?

You obviously dont agree with my statements. You can continue to beat that into the ground and really say nothing.

But at the end of the day you would never have this conversation in person.

-- Posted by caniplay on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 2:47 PM
  • I remember when this site was interesting to read.

-- Posted by buyer beware on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 2:50 PM
  • Where did I say scared?

-- Posted by caniplay on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 3:26 PM
  • We can do this all day. You have yet to offer any reason why my previous statements are not correct.

Tell stolzer I said tackle someone tonight

-- Posted by caniplay on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 3:44 PM
  • Didnt know I was trying. Still waiting on your answer

-- Posted by caniplay on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 4:07 PM
  • I've seen you over there before.

-- Posted by Perrywinkle on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 4:10 PM
  • Might wanna get there early if you wanna be able to park....

-- Posted by zachattack on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 5:37 PM
  • 24-0 at half. Rebels.

-- Posted by zachattack on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 7:58 PM
  • Early fumble and not scoring when it was 14-0 pretty much did it. Probably looking at 38-7

-- Posted by caniplay on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 8:13 PM

I say SG fires Stolzer and hires "Bleed Green and Blue" to coach. Then maybe they'll learn how to block tackle score and go undefeated.

-- Posted by TheWarriorz on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 9:40 PM
  • Congrats to PHC. I really hope you stick it to Burroughs good on Saturday!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Nov 11, 2013, at 9:47 PM
  • You must work at Taco Bell GB. I say chicken taco and you hear large pizza.

-- Posted by caniplay on Tue, Nov 12, 2013, at 6:43 AM
  • 8-4 season, only losing to state ranked opponents, isnt what I would consider an average team. Id bet 80% of the state would love to have the year SG had.

-- Posted by Kzar on Tue, Nov 12, 2013, at 7:15 AM
  • I enjoyed the 1st half of our game, wasn't much on the 2nd half to be honest. I know what I saw happening and enjoyed Stolzer himself pointing it out in his interview on Endzone. But the REBELS are 12-0, District Champions and I am very proud of our team. Now I am looking forward to the John Burroughs game. Go Big RED!!

Oh, Bleed Green I heard you were at the game the whole evening, any truth to this?

-- Posted by REBEL88 on Tue, Nov 12, 2013, at 10:05 AM
  • He was there.

-- Posted by Kzar on Tue, Nov 12, 2013, at 10:42 AM
  • but he had a test guys.

-- Posted by Coach Horrell on Tue, Nov 12, 2013, at 10:56 AM
  • Green & blue, I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say you don't know squat about anything. You're right, Valle isn't very good and hasn't been anything worth bragging about in recent years. Caruthersville has been the laughing stock of semo the past 2 years. Park Hills is just a so-so team.

You obviously haven't watched any SG football. They didn't lose to anyone that was worse than them. Your standards are pretty high for what an average team is. What would you consider Festus? Caruthersville? Jackson? Valle? Park Hills?

-- Posted by Perrywinkle on Tue, Nov 12, 2013, at 12:07 PM
  • He's grading on a messed up curve or just straight trolling for comments.

-- Posted by Kzar on Tue, Nov 12, 2013, at 12:14 PM
  • Lamar is the measuring stick. If you can't beat Lamar, you're average.

-- Posted by Perrywinkle on Tue, Nov 12, 2013, at 12:16 PM
  • Your famous bg.

-- Posted by Kzar on Tue, Nov 12, 2013, at 12:46 PM
  • Good Luck Kory and the Rebels! You were definitely the better team last night. SG can hold there heads high on a great season. Its just ashame that some fans cant accept the fact that some teams are better than "there" team. Anyway, i still consider PH a local team especially since a VALLE grad coaches them. I am a fan of both SG and Valle but will admit i do bleed blue. Good Luck again PH and maybe we can cheer each other on at the dome! Anything can happen. Go Valle and Parkhills!

-- Posted by BBUBET on Tue, Nov 12, 2013, at 1:00 PM
  • Sainte Genevieve Public and Valle both have two of the best coaching staffs in our area and also statewide. All they do is win, teach the game the right way, conduct themselves professionally and instill good discipline in their players. All these negative comments about each teams and staffs are bogus and uncalled for. I have coached against both programs and know how tough it is to beat them year in- year out. Two class programs that would make any school district and community proud. Be happy for their success. I'm from the bootheel BTW.

-- Posted by semo ref on Tue, Nov 12, 2013, at 1:00 PM
  • semo ref,

Thanks for the compliment, i would have to agree with you 100%. Both schools have tremendous athletes and most of them are respectful young men. They come from outstanding families and both schools have unbelievable fans. The neatest part is if Valle does make it to the dome, there will be just as much green in the seats as blue! SGHS is a classy organization.

-- Posted by BBUBET on Tue, Nov 12, 2013, at 1:07 PM
  • Hey I got asked "Hey, (my real name) where's your hot little wife at?" When I was walking to our stands. So I think you got it better than I did last night!

And yes when Valle goes to the dome I'll be wearing my green cheering on big blue.

-- Posted by Perrywinkle on Tue, Nov 12, 2013, at 1:46 PM
  • semo ref: Thanks for the compliment to the boys of Ste Gen and their respective programs. Success Breeds Success. Problem is that too much of it turns admirers into haters.

-- Posted by QuitCryin&PlayBall on Tue, Nov 12, 2013, at 2:33 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: