High School Football Forum: BuckMajor's SAY WHAT!? Spotlight Player of Week #2 is:

Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Sep 10, 2013, at 10:25 AM:

Here is the seventh edition of BuckMajor's SAY WHAT!? Spotlight Player of Week #2. Sorry that I was not able to do a player for week 1, but last year it started week 6, so I at least have that beat haha. Please feel free too ask questions, comment, or voice your opinions or disagreement. I once again ask that you do it respectfully and abide by Semoball policy. Thank you once again for reading. So here it goes, BuckMajor's SAY WHAT!? Spotlight Player of the week is....

Caruthersville's Darrell Monroe

Darrell "James" Monroe looked plum presidential as he inaugurated Malden's defense on how to run the ball. Darrell help lead his Tigers to a overwhelming 32-7 victory over a good Malden Green Wave team. Monroe tallied 176 rushing yards on just 19 carries for an average of 9.2 yards per carry. Within those 19 carries was two of them for touchdowns. Monroe has laid down his Doctrine for this year, and he is off to another great start! Good luck to him and the Tigers this week as they take on an up and coming Charleston team.

Honorable Mention:

Chaffee's Montgomery "takin it to the bank" Brothers made it rain from all directions on St. Pius X's defense as they led their Red Devils to a 31-14 victory Friday night. Quarterback Peyton Montgomery rushed for 69 yards on 8 carries, 8.6ypc, for two touchdowns. He also threw for 72 yards on 6-11 passing with 1 touchdown pass. His brother Charlie Montgomery rushed for 106 on 15 attempts for 7 yards per carry scoring two rushing touchdowns. He also had 2 catchs for 22 yards of recieving. A Montgomery had a hand in all of Chaffee's touchdowns. So they deposited quite a bit of points in their scoring total. Good luck to them and Chaffee this week as well.

Replies (4)

I'm sorry I had put this last year but not this year. Only semoball schools are eligible for the player of the week. Only exception I have made was last year for Fallert when he went crazy and set a state record with like 400 something rushing yards. What he did last week was certainly impressive but just not in the coverage area.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Sep 10, 2013, at 10:50 AM
  • Buck's being a swamp snob Bleed....

-- Posted by mojo3 on Tue, Sep 10, 2013, at 2:29 PM
  • Great article Buck. Love the nicknames! You're the Chris Berman of Semoball! Lol.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Tue, Sep 10, 2013, at 5:37 PM
  • Feeling good. No more rocks in the back and go back to work Monday!

-- Posted by mojo3 on Tue, Sep 10, 2013, at 5:46 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: