High School Football Forum: Preacher Man Fan's Preseason Top 10

Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Aug 29, 2013, at 5:39 PM:

MoSports and the sportswriter's have released their pre-season polls. Tomorrow, we get Sideline Starter's pre-season Top 5. So just for fun, and to see how closely my thoughts match up with Sideline's (and everyone else's) thoughts on the matter, I've released my own poll. I've based by thoughts on last year's results, playmakers' lost and coming back, Jamborees, coaching changes, and the pre-season articles I've read on Semoball.

Semoball Teams Only:

1. Jackson

2. Caruthersville

3. Cape Central

4. Sikeston

5. Poplar Bluff

6. Charleston

7. NMCC

8. Dexter

9. Chaffee

T-10. Hayti & Malden

If we include our friends up north:

1. Jackson

2. Caruthersville

3. Park Hills Central

4. Ste. Genevieve

5. Cape Central

6. Sikeston

7. Valle Catholic

8. Poplar Bluff

9. Charleston

10. NMCC

Let the debate begin! But remember to be civil.

Replies (83)

• SG should be number 1.

-- Posted by zachattack on Thu, Aug 29, 2013, at 6:45 PM
  • Been reading this site for several years, never thought I would post! You have to be kidding me Valle has won more state titles than any one or two schools combined! (May be wrong but Jackson has never won state in any team sport!) happy for the Indians that they have a coach and wish them the best of luck! But the bottom line is if you can't make it to the dance you don't need to be dancing!!! Yes the success of a program is state titles! Because you can pad your schedule!

-- Posted by Stonecold on Thu, Aug 29, 2013, at 6:48 PM
  • I think I would have Cape Central and Sikeston above Caruthersville.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Aug 29, 2013, at 6:55 PM
  • BTW, I was being sarcastic about SG.

-- Posted by zachattack on Thu, Aug 29, 2013, at 6:57 PM
  • Stonecold, pre-season polls are not based on how many state titles you have won. IMO, Jackson is the best team in the area right now.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Aug 29, 2013, at 7:25 PM
  • I strongly agree Valle Catholic would not beat Jackson.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Thu, Aug 29, 2013, at 7:25 PM

Dustin, What are you basing that idea of Sikeston and Cape being ranked above Cville? I could possibly see Cape, but Sikeston has some question marks coming into the season. They are replacing the QB position, which is a crucial position. Caruthersville returns their 3 year starter at that position. They lost Nichols, who was an All State DE. I read they lost a total of 14 seniors from last year. They may end up being very good, but even the coach said they need to be more consistent at the QB position. As far as Caruthersville goes, they return their QB Tyler Grissom, RB Darrell Monroe, WR Jamal Johnson, Abdule Johnson, and Jeremy Grant, not to mention a very good O-line. I'm not saying Sikeston isn't one of the top teams because they definitely are. Just picking your brain a little Dustin. It's been a dull 5 months lol. I'm excited about football this year. SEMO has a lot of teams who will compete well this year.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Aug 29, 2013, at 8:17 PM
  • Jackson won the state Basketball Championship in 1935.

-- Posted by JacksonTF-1000 on Thu, Aug 29, 2013, at 8:21 PM
  • And Jackson won the wrestling state championship in 1977

-- Posted by Indian town on Thu, Aug 29, 2013, at 8:31 PM
  • I would certainly rank Sikeston and Cape Central ahead of Caruthersville just solely on the fact that they are both much bigger schools. How many times do you see a 5-5 class 5 school who would beat an 8-2 class 2 or 3 school by 3 touchdowns? Usually more often than not. That's not saying C'ville can't beat either of those. But odds are, most years they won't.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Thu, Aug 29, 2013, at 8:54 PM
  • But we're not talking about most years, jwhitlock, just this year.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Thu, Aug 29, 2013, at 9:34 PM

Exactly Preach!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Thu, Aug 29, 2013, at 9:40 PM
  • I would have put lots of money on Maplewood beating Fox last year. Fox went 5-6 last year and Maplewood went 12-3.

-- Posted by Perrywinkle on Thu, Aug 29, 2013, at 9:47 PM
  • Well same goes for Caruthersville and Fox.

-- Posted by Perrywinkle on Thu, Aug 29, 2013, at 9:55 PM
  • Stonecold I will have to disagree with you. As I stated in an earlier post I do not believe the success of a program is measured by state titles.

Also its a lot easier to win in a smaller classification then it is in a bigger class. I bet if U put a Sikeston in Class 1 or 2 they would have many titles behind them. But they play in a much bigger classification. Even if you put a CVille team in that Division they would have multiple titles.

-- Posted by CoachJ914 on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 12:18 AM
  • Good point CoachJ914.

-- Posted by Dustin Ward on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 1:01 AM
  • Of course sikeston would win smaller classes since they have 4 times the amount of kids to choose from. And why is it easier? And Dustin to say good point? I have yet to see a sikeston team that would ever have won class 3 in football. I can't wait to see this

-- Posted by caniplay on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 4:40 AM
  • I don't know......the Sikeston team that lost to Warrenton in the semifinals a few years ago was really stinkin' good! I believe they would have wrecked shop in class 3.

-- Posted by zachattack on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 6:51 AM
  • @zachattack. I was about to say... LOL

-- Posted by footballfan29 on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 6:58 AM

Dustin Ward....I think this poll is somewhat going by previous years success and what teams have returning and their success in their classification. Caruthersville has won 9 district championships in the last 10 years their season after the tornado is the only year they have not won it. The Tigers have consistently been in the state playoffs and most of the time they have made it to the quarterfinal round and the semifinal round 2 times. Sikeston has a first year starter at QB heck he has never even taken a snap from the QB position in a game before. Just because a school is larger in population doesn't always mean they are the better team. When all is said and done I can guarantee you that this Tiger team will be playing when all the rest of the teams on this list will be at home (minus Jackson) they are that good.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 8:24 AM

Oh that was 3 semifinal appearances in the last 10 years and we lost to eventual state champs each time. We are also 3-1 against Sikeston in that 10 years span...it doesn't matter now.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 8:39 AM
  • I don't think you an measure a team's success by state titles especially in 1A or 2A. Valle is going to win alot because they can recruit point blank period. If hayti could go get kids from caruthersville and kennett and portageville we'd have multiple several state titles as well just my opinion. I might be off topic but I just wanted to say that

-- Posted by SouthEspn on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 9:12 AM
  • Sikeston was completely rebuilding through that stretch when they played Caruthersville, struggling to even win a game. Caruthersville was arguably as good as they had ever been trotting out the Jimmy Jacksons and Kendrickus Reeds of the world. But true, Cville had their way with Sikeston in that 4 years until the last one of course. I think if they continued playing Sikeston would have gotten the better of them every year. Last year would have been a dandy game though.

And I disagree on caniplay's comment. It's all anybody's opinion and can't be proved, but just in recent times I would put Sikeston's 2009 and 2010 teams against anybody I've seen in Class 3. Those were two of the best teams I've seen ever come out of Southeast Missouri.

-- Posted by semohoops on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 9:17 AM
  • I haven't any problem with cville ranked ahead of my reddawgz this early because as pointed out above we are unproven. Its tough to predict how a rookie qb is gonna perform so i'd say we are a bit of a question mark.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 9:36 AM

In regards to all of the semo teams we are lacking stout competition week in and week out needed to get ourselves prepared for state qualifying teams. There are not alot of Class 4 teams in SEMO and the Class 5 teams are not that tough. Its easy to look good against mediocre teams but to go out and play a tough schedule all year will get you prepared for that title run, just look at Webb City they try to get atleast one game a year scheduled against a "supposed" powerhouse from another state and most of the time they leave them with a loss. Other than Valle teams in this region do not have good chances at state titles but Caruthersville has been one of the most consistent teams making alot of good runs in class 2, where was Lamar back in the mid 2000's 2004 they were a 0-fer team 2005 they were a 2-10 team 2006 8-4 team 2007 0-fer team 2008 6-6 team.....these teams have a few special classes come up that are just good and then they will have a few years of bad luck. Only other team in class 2 that I can think of being just as successful in class 2 is Blair Oaks...

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 9:39 AM

I have problem ranking Carurhersville over Sikeston and Cape just because I think we overrating the overall effect of Monroe. He is the best player on field for the most part but there still 10 other guys on each side of the ball that I'm not sure compete with those two teams

-- Posted by Bunk on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 9:45 AM
  • Cassville would have beat Sikeston in 09 in class 3. And indian 07 who does Valle recruit? Heck Hayti had a freakin NFL stud and could not win a state title. Valle does not even have kids that go to play in college. Maybe Hayti should just do more with the talent they have because most years they have more talent on the field with Valle its just not coached. From what I have seen you would just have a bigger mess if you had more talent!!

-- Posted by caniplay on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 9:46 AM

Ask any coach who has to game plan for Caruthersville who they put their focus on? Odds are, it's Monroe. Just ask Maplewood how effective Monroe is. 200+ yards rushing, 2 defensive touchdowns all in one game. If healthy, he is a game changer.

I will say this though, when you start going against teams like Lamar and Liberty, it takes a total team effort. One player can't beat teams like that. If your line is getting beat up, and not blocking, I don't care who you are, you're not going anywhere. DGB got shut out by Webb City, but that doesn't mean he wasn't any good or he's overrated, it's just facts that Webb City had the better team.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 9:55 AM

I don't think they recruit as much as people think. They just have a championship pedigree where they don't accept average. You have to respect Valle for that.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 9:56 AM
  • I guess this site has turned into ESPN jr. Cuz it seems like everybody on here wants to start a pointless thread on who "they" think us the top 10 teams this year. Can't wait to read everyone's opinion in a new thread every week.

-- Posted by hatin all day on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 9:56 AM

I won't give my opinion on top teams til midway through the season. Hard to tell in the first couple games. Some teams play easy games, some tougher games, so the first few weeks is very difficult to say who the best is.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 9:59 AM

Calm Down didn't say Monroe was overrated but that his prescence has caused the team to become overrated. I don't think that Carithersville is better than Jackson, Cape, or Sikeston despite having the best player on the field in Monroe.

-- Posted by Bunk on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 10:22 AM

Not upset at all, just giving my reasoning. I agree about Jackson but Cville would beat Sikeston and would have a very good game with Cape with it going either way.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 10:24 AM
  • Valle is not the type of private school Notre Dame is. Don't get them confused. Valle isn't sitting there with millions of dollars wondering what to do with it.

-- Posted by Perrywinkle on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 10:28 AM
  • It's all in fun hatin all day. Don't get so wound up about it.

And Bunk, I normally agree with you most of the time, but this time I think you're really underestimating the other 10 players for Caruthersville. Last season, even with Monroe hurt, the Tigers kept winning. Most of those guys are back this year.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 11:00 AM
  • so are you saying Sikeston wouldn't for sure beat Mountain View Liberty?

-- Posted by ThayerPops on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 11:05 AM
  • @caniplay

i wish i could disagree with you but I cant;

i thought valle recruited though maybe its st. vincent that does;

but you're right talent is never the problem in hayti

-- Posted by SouthEspn on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 11:07 AM

Have any of you actually seen Liberty play? If Lamar wasn't in the picture, they'd be the heavy favorite to win it in Class 2. They return like 19 starters from last years team. They are very very good.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 11:08 AM
  • I know they are really good.. Just don't think they'd compete with a good class 4 school like a Sikeston.

-- Posted by ThayerPops on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 11:12 AM
  • @cheese

What do you think about hayti this year;

I thought they should have beat you guys last year though;

-- Posted by SouthEspn on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 11:13 AM
  • 1. Sikeston

2. Sikeston

3. Sikeston

4. Sikeston

5. Sikeston

6. Sikeston

7. Sikeston

8. Sikeston

9. Sikeston

10. Caruthersville only becasue of Monrow is cold

-- Posted by SikestonBaller21 on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 11:14 AM
  • Valle can recruit, but with the talent level in Ste. Gen county, there is no need to recruit for a class 1 team. They keep enrollment low for a reason! They don't have the money/ facilities like Burroughs or ND to get kids from 50 miles away. Why recruit kids from Festus, Farmington, or Perryville when you can get what you need from Ste. Gen?

-- Posted by Perrywinkle on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 11:15 AM

I think Hayti will struggle early on. Replacing the coach and learning a new system may take a year or two. Hayti has athletes to compete with just about anyone on their schedule.

As far as last year's game goes, Hayti took advantage of a beat up Cville team early in the first half. Second half however, the Tigers made good adjustments and put them away. Hayti/Cville is always a good game. Big rivals for a long time now. It doesn't matter who is the heavy favorite, the other team always brings it.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 11:18 AM

Liberty would beat just about everyone in Semo except for maybe Jackson. They really are THAT good. Just watch vids of their QB and you will see what I mean.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 11:20 AM
  • @cheese its basicall the same system u know coach cruze coached with coach jackson so it the same system... honestly the only problem i see us having is depth i don't think we have 30 players;

ALOT OF FRESHMAN WILL SEE SIGNIFICANT PLAYIING TIME

-- Posted by SouthEspn on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 11:31 AM

Yeah that Freshman group of Hayti's will be very good in a couple years. I see some serious battles with Cville in a couple years. Cville's freshman group is very talented as well. Some will even get some PT this year.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 11:34 AM
  • The point is that you need to have the kids buy into it. You may have a decent system, but if your players don't buy it, then it won't work no matter what.

I'm personally glad Hayti got a new coach, the past few years its seemed that the players were the coaches and did whatever they pleased. And the "system" they had before seemed pretty plain and repetitive. Motion sweep left, motion sweep right, fake motion sweep QB blast...again and again.

-- Posted by blackNgold007 on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 11:35 AM
  • @ blackNgold007

correct cosame ole same ole

with dylan riddick back he and demetrius luster will be beast

I think we will win the semo south

or maybe i'm hoping lol

-- Posted by SouthEspn on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 11:52 AM
  • I'm bumping this because (1) Preacher Man Fan is great and (2) another post is messing up the formatting of the site, which is something I can't fix at the moment. Looking forward to chatting with you all at 6:45. Cover It Live here: http://semoball.com/highschool/football/

-- Posted by Rachel Crader on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 5:55 PM
  • Preach you can't have it both ways now. You're making predictions based on what happened last year. That's no different than me making assumptions based on last year/past season.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 6:40 PM
  • Who's having it both ways? Of course you have to take the previous season into consideration when making a pre-season poll. But you don't go back several seasons! You made your point by overgeneralizing about big schools being better than small schools most years. Try again Bunk!

And Rachel, thanks for the love!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 10:41 PM
  • Bunk? Seriously. Don't make a fool out of yourself by trying to see things through a crystal ball. I give an opinion and you get defensive. Relax with the exclamation points.

Secondly, don't sit hear and try to say you're not taking into consideration "tradition"(previous years) when making this poll. Nothing against Dexter but they obviously are not top 10 worthy right now, coming off a 1-9 season coupled with being soundly defeated tonight. Yet you ranked them 8th. I guess that ranking was based on what they have coming back from a rough season last year? Again, nothing against Dexter. It has nothing to do with them. It has to do with the holes in your statements.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 11:31 PM
  • Sorry, my previous post should've said, "Try again, jwhitlock." And no, I didn't take any season into consideration other than last season. But there were certainly other factors as I mentioned in the introduction to the post. Now based on all that, I put Dexter where I thought they should've been. I may have ranked them too high. Time will tell. Still no holes to fill jwhitlock!

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Aug 30, 2013, at 11:44 PM
  • No holes? You ranked a team in the top 10 that lost by 5 touchdowns on it's home field. You need to humble yourself. Having a poll on Semoball is cool, but the attention may be going to your head.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Sat, Aug 31, 2013, at 12:14 AM

My name is being called out like crazy and I was referring to Cheese who responded in kind. I'm just saying that one guy does not make a team and if class wasn't a factor why was it included in the new district configurations and stiff system. School size matters especially when there are more athletes involved in the outcome

-- Posted by Bunk on Sat, Aug 31, 2013, at 1:09 AM
  • @Sikestonballer21... you can not be serious with your Top10?? Will find out how good you all are when you come and play Jackson..

-- Posted by footballfan29 on Sat, Aug 31, 2013, at 7:44 AM
  • Perrywinkle, About Valle recruiting, it can happen both ways. I've heard a first hand account of a youngster getting talked into staying in the public school and not go Blue because it was known the family were traditionally Warriors.

-- Posted by mojo3 on Sat, Aug 31, 2013, at 9:04 AM
  • jwhitlock, I'm just not going to get into a prolonged debate with you on this. It's not like Dexter got beat by some scrub team. Ste. Gen is state-ranked year in and year out for a reason. A preseason poll is just an educated guess and it was all done for fun. You seem to have missed that point.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Aug 31, 2013, at 10:39 AM
  • I'm with ya preach i still believe the bearcats have 5-6 wins in them this year and have at least 1 playoff game at home.

-- Posted by CatDad on Sat, Aug 31, 2013, at 11:02 AM
  • No preach, since you associated with bleedgreen, you are now in his boat. If you make a prediction and are wrong, then you have to answer for it and be pounded with criticism! Hahaha!

-- Posted by Perrywinkle on Sat, Aug 31, 2013, at 11:28 AM
  • But I didn't make any predictions Perrywinkle. I didn't pick any of the games this week on this thread. And Bleed Green is actually a nice guy in person.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Aug 31, 2013, at 11:48 AM
  • mojo3,

It's not recruiting if a student is attending a school and is talked into staying in that school. If that were the case, South Carolina will be "recruiting" Clowney at the end of this season. Recruiting is attempting to get someone to enroll in your school is who does not attend your school. Big difference.

-- Posted by kools&oe on Sat, Aug 31, 2013, at 12:18 PM
  • Hey fballfan29, @Sikestonballer21 is not a sikeston fan, just trolling. Every sikeston fan at last years game knows how tough this years game is gonna be at your place. If we dont improve on some things from last nights game we will be in trouble at Indian Municipal Stadium. If we dont bring the "A" game its gonna be a rough nite for dawgs, similar to the last four years for you.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Aug 31, 2013, at 1:15 PM
  • Many times the "point" is missed by those trying to make a "point".

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Sat, Aug 31, 2013, at 6:33 PM
  • CatDad, I'm not trying to say Dexter is a bad team, but where do you see the 5-6 wins coming from with the remaining games? This would be a heck of a load for most teams in the area.

@ Poplar Bluff (loss)

Sikeston (another loss)

Caruthersville (loss)

@ Kennett (win)

New Madrid County Central (win)

@ Charleston (could go either way)

@ Central (loss)

Malden (win)

I've got 3-4 wins for Dexter based on what I saw at the game Friday. Granted I left halfway through the 3rd to beat traffic.

-- Posted by Perrywinkle on Sat, Aug 31, 2013, at 6:50 PM
  • ^^ Mr.Winkle has a pretty good point. ^^

-- Posted by zachattack on Sat, Aug 31, 2013, at 7:07 PM

I think the Malden and NMCC games could go either way as well..

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Aug 31, 2013, at 7:20 PM
  • Well Perrywrinkle,its like this, I really feel once the boys get on the same page this offense is gonna put points on the board.There is no better receivers in the area than the Dowdy kid.Double him then you have to deal with Neldon,stop him then you got Stevens.Its just gonna take alittle more time to get on the same page.The new QB surprised me a little with his running ability.Caruthersville and Park Hills are gonna be tough but i think all the other games aren't out of the question.With that said our offensive line is going to have to get alot tougher but you gotta believe the coaches will get that worked out.Plus we have a kicker that might just turn a loss into a win with 1 kick of a foot.you heard it here first!

-- Posted by CatDad on Sat, Aug 31, 2013, at 7:58 PM
  • I hear you on that. I really believe you guys have a chance to win 4 out of the last 5 games. I just don't see pulling out a win these next 3 weeks. I wish you guys the best of luck!

-- Posted by Perrywinkle on Sat, Aug 31, 2013, at 9:12 PM
  • Poplar Bluff is a big rivalry game for us, so the guys will be really pumped up for it. We almost beat them last year. Dexter led most of the game, but a late pic did us in and they won the game 14-7. I'm not saying the Bearcats will win, just that it's a winnable game for us. Nguyen had a huge game rushing against Union and our run defense is going to have to be much better than it was against Ste. Gen. for Dexter to win the game.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Aug 31, 2013, at 10:59 PM
  • Last year it was also a monsoon when bluff and dexter played. I mean yes, you play what you're dealt but this year I take bluff winning with a pretty convincing score. Nguyen had 320 rushing yards against union! Bluff will be hard for dexter to stop

-- Posted by Tigers2638 on Sun, Sep 1, 2013, at 1:35 AM
  • @ cirithungol17 I see.. Dang trollers! Last years game against you all could have gon either way.. We had some questionable play calls in the firsdt half that woiuld have put us up by 14 goint into the second half but we can not dwell in the past.. its 2013 and it's hopefully Jackson's time! 'How bout them Indians!'

-- Posted by footballfan29 on Sun, Sep 1, 2013, at 6:57 AM
  • i'm getting up in age but i don't remember Nguyen last year,has he always been a mule or did he just move in to PB?

-- Posted by CatDad on Sun, Sep 1, 2013, at 8:47 AM
  • Valle recruited him for Poplar Bluff

-- Posted by ThayerPops on Sun, Sep 1, 2013, at 8:58 AM
  • He played last year, but he was like number 3 on the depth chart

-- Posted by Tigers2638 on Sun, Sep 1, 2013, at 10:03 AM
  • ok after I heard it pronouned I do kinda remember the name

-- Posted by CatDad on Sun, Sep 1, 2013, at 10:26 AM

Hey Preach! Did you ever get a schedule for the YHC broadcast this year?

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sun, Sep 1, 2013, at 10:16 PM
  • Sorry Cheesehead, I forgot to ask the station owner Friday night. I do know they will broadcast the Portageville-St. Pius X game Tuesday night at 6 p.m.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sun, Sep 1, 2013, at 10:30 PM
  • How is it Malden is ranked under 3 teams it beat easily last year (I'll even give you the Hayti tie even though again, they lost against Malden last year and have a new coach)? Malden lost three seniors, that's it. Swore I wasn't going to get sucked in, but here I am.

-- Posted by mobrigade on Sun, Sep 1, 2013, at 10:37 PM
  • The loss of Romello McCoy was the big factor there mobrigade. He was basically Malden's whole offense last year as well as being a huge part of their defense too. Week one seemed to justify my concerns as the Green Wave didn't exactly overwhelm NMCC. Still it was a good win for Malden.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Sep 2, 2013, at 1:13 PM
  • I knew better than to post, but I did. all you say is if a 4 or 5 a school was in 1a they would win! Well I should hope so! Your enrollment is how your placed and you would have 500- 1000 more kids to field a team with! Coach I disagree Valle plays up almost every week! What 5a school around here does that? You can pick the teams you play and pad your schedule but not really at 1a! I don't even like Valle but you have to give it to them for their program! They would beat teams you have ahead of them cause they play with pride!

-- Posted by Stonecold on Mon, Sep 2, 2013, at 4:16 PM
  • Preach he was 7th in tackles on the team, hardly the whole defense, Coleman was not that far behind Romello, just say you put Malden 10th b/c you know absolutely nothing abt them. I guess C-ville is ranked so high b/c of Monroe and next year will fall to 9 (I'm being facetious).

-- Posted by mobrigade on Mon, Sep 2, 2013, at 4:49 PM
  • Mobrigade, I didn't say McCoy was Malden's whole defense, but was basically their whole offense last season. As for Coleman, he graduated too didn't he? If I knew absolutely nothing about them, I wouldn't have ranked them at all. Caruthersville brought back basically their whole team that made it to the state semi-finals, thus the #2 ranking.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Sep 2, 2013, at 5:58 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: