High School Football Forum: Caruthersville vs maplewood

Posted by Jebbie88 on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 4:15 PM:

What do y'all see the score being

Replies (47)

• 0-0 to start

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 4:19 PM
  • Oh, man.....I would loooooove to see this game!

A solid, physical team can hang with the 'wood.

They can be run on. Park Hills, Ste Gen and Fredericktown were all able to move the ball on em successfully...

(I'll be at Park Hills watching the Rebels take on John Burroughs!)

-- Posted by zachattack on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 4:21 PM
  • Not to change the thread. Zach you think PH has a legit shot? Burroughs is so good and the Elliott kid is real real good.

-- Posted by caniplay on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 5:02 PM
  • I think it will be close but I think cville will pull it out this year

-- Posted by Jebbie88 on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 5:33 PM
  • caniplay......Park Hills Central is not the type of team that tries to take the field and go toe to toe with offensive powerhouses. I guarantee that JB is taking this game just as seriously as PH is.

The Elliot kid can't score from the sidelines. Ball control. Eat the clock. We've watched Central do it all year against several worthy opponents - MAPLEWOOD, NC, FRED (TWICE) & SG (TWICE).

I can't wait to see how the coaches approach this game. It's gonna be super tough.

-- Posted by zachattack on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 6:08 PM
  • That's why I thought PH if they play well and maybe get a few turnovers has a chance. Ste Gen had none. But good luck.

-- Posted by caniplay on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 6:36 PM
  • Getting back to cville vs maplewood

-- Posted by Jebbie88 on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 6:45 PM

Zackattack, you have the offense set up to run the clock, Caruthersville has the home-run threat every time they touch the ball. I really wish we had the offense to control clock but its not just there. I know we can win the game we are just going to have to come up with turnovers then turn those into points. Last year they had 2 high snaps sail into the endzone on punts and they covered both. We have the team, the coaches we just have to execute to perfection.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 7:30 PM
  • Maplewood can be run on.....big time. That is a good thing for Cville.

-- Posted by zachattack on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 8:34 PM

Zach looking at your video it seems their offensive line just stood around once the pocket was broken? I think he makes alot of his plays with his feet both running and throwing once you get pressure back there on him he just loses sight of the field entirely. I dunno this was earlier in the year and I am sure they have worked on some things. That line really did look lethargic though.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 8:43 PM
  • I have watched a few games of maplewood and all of you are right they can be beat I think if Caruthersville can contain the QB with our inside run defense our speed in the secondary can take care of the rest their QB is a heck of an athlete and can throw on the run but he also has great speed but again we have the speed to match them I think this will be a great game with C'ville coming out on top by 12 should be a shootout good luck to both teams and safe travel to everyone going north!!!!!! Again this is just my thoughts no disrespect to Maplewood they are one heck of a team I just believe in my Tigers!!!!!!!

-- Posted by cvilletiger02 on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 10:09 PM
  • Good luck to cville--our district champs--was thinking about going up but not sure--BRING IT HOME TIGERS

-- Posted by waveman on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 10:50 PM
  • I know, man.....Seriously, they were WORN COMPLETELY OUT.....many of the plays in the video took place late in the game.

It looked like they were wearing concrete shoes out there!

-- Posted by zachattack on Thu, Nov 8, 2012, at 11:39 PM
  • Tomorrow will end all speculations and become a reality. Both these teams have been playing all season for this moment in the playoffs. Hoping everyone on both ends are healthy and 1000% ready to bring it. Yes, I said a 1000%. This will be a good game and I for one will not miss a second of it. To all my boot heel peeps, be safe on the road and good luck. Caruthersville vs MRH Lets Go!!! MRH by a touchdown.

-- Posted by CHS2MRH on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 8:14 AM
  • Where is He Hate Me? Did I miss something?

-- Posted by CHS2MRH on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 8:15 AM
  • He comes and goes as his team wins. If they do good, he's here to let you know. If they lose, he tucks his tail in and disappears. As most Charleston fans do on here other than a couple of guys. He will be back mid bball season.

-- Posted by Semofan25 on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 9:17 AM
  • Hey im a Charleston guy watch that.lol

-- Posted by CHS2MRH on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 10:27 AM
  • Im talking about success riders. Not the true fans.

-- Posted by Semofan25 on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 10:34 AM
  • I think the Tiger D will surprise some people. These are two of the top offenses in Class 2 going at it, but it will be won or lost on defense. Caruthersville by 1 score.

-- Posted by Shere Kahn on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 10:52 AM
  • Im just giving you crap 1stTen.

-- Posted by CHS2MRH on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 11:21 AM
  • I will say chs2mrh you have to be the coolest person. Because I have read nothing but respect coming from

You. And I'm from cville and this game scares me. Last year we had them but couldn't keep them down. I know they are going to key on Monroe all day and if someone else don't step up it could get bad. But if they can't stop Monroe it could get bad for y'all. Well want to wish both teams the best of luck.

-- Posted by Jebbie88 on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 2:16 PM
  • Apparently Jebbie you havent seen much of Cville this year. They are more than Monroe as they proved all season. This is the best defensive team ive seen all year and i have seen many good defense's.

-- Posted by Semofan25 on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 2:31 PM
  • I have nothing but love for the tigers. And I will be there tomorrow watching. I hope we tear them up. But it still scares me. I haven't seen them play in person this year but listen to every game. And this is the first time in my life I haven't been at every game. But I'm ready and I believe in Thier defense.

-- Posted by Jebbie88 on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 3:10 PM
  • Wat time is game

-- Posted by cvilletger on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 3:49 PM
  • Good Luck Tigers! Bring the title 2 semo

-- Posted by GotRingsDoU? on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 3:51 PM
  • Is this game gonna be webcast anywhere?

-- Posted by zachattack on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 4:28 PM
  • Maplewood will win by 14 points or more

-- Posted by caniplay on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 6:50 PM
  • I hope you are wrong

-- Posted by Jebbie88 on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 8:21 PM
  • The C'Ville-Maplewood game can be heard at this link: http://kcrvradio.com/

-- Posted by semo7178 on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 8:31 PM

My gut is telling me that Maplewood wins this one in a close game. I'll be rooting for Caruthersville though and won't be shocked if they do win. Good luck.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Nov 9, 2012, at 9:42 PM
  • Just saw a Caruthersville bus at McDonalds here in Sikeston. Told the girl in the drive-thru to tell them I hoped they win. Don't know if she did or not. I should of went in and told them so they know others are backing them

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Nov 10, 2012, at 8:26 AM
  • That was the cheerleaders bus. The boys made it there yesterday. Thanks for the support though. Big game today!

-- Posted by Semofan25 on Sat, Nov 10, 2012, at 9:14 AM
  • TONS of Rebels fans are pulling for Caruthersville!

Whip the devils!

-- Posted by zachattack on Sat, Nov 10, 2012, at 9:56 AM
  • Couldn't tell who was in there but when I went around thought I saw cheerleaders

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Nov 10, 2012, at 10:04 AM

Is Caruthersville vs Maplewood not going to be on Fox Midwest Sports? They just had the District 5 on there. If not, I thought I saw somewhere that it would be on a webcast?

-- Posted by BlueManiac on Sat, Nov 10, 2012, at 11:14 AM

Is Caruthersville vs Maplewood not going to be on Fox Midwest Sports? They just had the District 5 on there. If not, I thought I saw somewhere that it would be on a webcast?

-- Posted by BlueManiac on Sat, Nov 10, 2012, at 11:14 AM
  • -- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Nov 10, 2012, at 12:40 PM
  • it is click on the blank screen that doesnt show a game

-- Posted by hb1025 on Sat, Nov 10, 2012, at 12:41 PM

http://yhctv.com/index.html

YHC is also broadcasting the game live.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Nov 10, 2012, at 12:54 PM
  • I thought the game was to begin at 1:30; why hasn't the broadcast begun..... at least the pre-game?

-- Posted by semo7178 on Sat, Nov 10, 2012, at 1:17 PM
  • 105.1 is replaying the coaches show and foxsportsmidwest.com has the live feed up I have not checked on the yhctv feed yet

-- Posted by cvilletiger02 on Sat, Nov 10, 2012, at 1:20 PM

Thanks. Good Luck to both teams.

-- Posted by BlueManiac on Sat, Nov 10, 2012, at 1:21 PM
  • YHC-TV is on now; picture's alot better on the FOX webcast though!

-- Posted by semo7178 on Sat, Nov 10, 2012, at 1:32 PM
  • Today's game reminds me that I've always thought it should be a requirement that all football fields have adequate bleachers on the "visitors" side of the field. I know we dont' at C'Ville, and wondered why the district has never made an effort to change it. I know Dexter's field is the same way.... not desirable at all!

-- Posted by semo7178 on Sat, Nov 10, 2012, at 1:49 PM
  • Man, the picture on YHC-TV makes it look like a "night" game! Don't understand, cause it's the feed from the FOX webcast.... where the picture's brighter there?

-- Posted by semo7178 on Sat, Nov 10, 2012, at 1:52 PM
  • Off to a slow start.... we need a big play to stop Maplewood's momentum!

-- Posted by semo7178 on Sat, Nov 10, 2012, at 1:52 PM
  • lookin' better on this drive!

-- Posted by semo7178 on Sat, Nov 10, 2012, at 1:58 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: