High School Football Forum: Monday Night Lights

Posted by birdfan on Sun, Nov 4, 2012, at 7:44 PM:

Rain in the forecast.

Replies (30)

• Is KFVS 12 webcasting a game or since Sikeston is out they are done with that?

-- Posted by caniplay on Sun, Nov 4, 2012, at 8:36 PM
  • That is funny you know they will be doing the Cape game the bootheel gets no love from KFVS12 unless its something negative!!!!!!!!

-- Posted by cvilletiger02 on Sun, Nov 4, 2012, at 8:57 PM
  • KFVS NOT webcasting anything...

-- Posted by RedShirt on Sun, Nov 4, 2012, at 9:01 PM
  • Usually Sikeston gets no love from Kfvs the web casts are by sponsors. I don't think anyone from Sikeston sponsored the Cape one think Cape did but I could be wrong

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Nov 4, 2012, at 9:03 PM
  • So no webcast? You think Jackson would be all over it.

-- Posted by caniplay on Sun, Nov 4, 2012, at 9:22 PM

Hey birdfan, you gonna be at the game? I know what to look for now when you show up. I thought I saw you at the basketball game last year when we were going to meet up but the place was packed and didn't want to lose our seats. Hope you can make it should be a good game. I think this is the first time you guys have came to our house since 2010.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Mon, Nov 5, 2012, at 4:51 AM

Had planned on it but the weather may have derailed my plans. Tomorrow is a big day and a very long day in my office; a late night, tonight, and sitting in the cold damp weather are not conducive to such a long day tomorrow when I have to be "on my toes" throughout.

-- Posted by birdfan on Mon, Nov 5, 2012, at 6:26 AM

We shouldn't be surprised there is rain in the forecast for tonight. That has sorta been the theme for this season. Just about every game, there has been rain. I'm going to be there anyway to watch my Tigers.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Nov 5, 2012, at 11:26 AM
  • Good luck to your Tigers tonight Cheese, and Beef!

-- Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Mon, Nov 5, 2012, at 11:33 AM
  • If Caruthersville and Maplewood both win, where will the game be played?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Nov 5, 2012, at 11:33 AM

Caruthersville will be on the road again this year if Maplewood or Brentwood wins. If we happen to get past them, the Semi's could be in Caruthersville.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Nov 5, 2012, at 11:34 AM

Thanks Reddirt! Should be an exciting game tonight

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Nov 5, 2012, at 11:35 AM

Aww come on birdfan Charleston is the last team to need a fair weathered fan. Most of us on here work, have plans and families but you gotta go out, layer up frog togs (rain should be light if any) this is the Jays best season in a long time! Well guess we could meet up in b-ball this year but that game is down here as well.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Mon, Nov 5, 2012, at 1:19 PM

I meant that realistically as in letting the weather keep you at home not the success of the team this year.

Your kids are going to respond to how many fans show up it gives them confidence and lets them know that you guys support them.

Weather is part of football, I went to C-town the night the game got cancelled and we had a rough time making it home that night.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Mon, Nov 5, 2012, at 1:30 PM
  • Hey I thought that game would be in Caruthersville this year. You guys are on the top of the brackets right?

-- Posted by CHS2MRH on Mon, Nov 5, 2012, at 1:31 PM
  • According to the MSHSAA you all will host that game being on top of the bracket.

-- Posted by CHS2MRH on Mon, Nov 5, 2012, at 1:34 PM

Yes CHS2MRH we are on top bracket but it's an even year. So homefield goes to the even district with is Maplewood

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Nov 5, 2012, at 1:35 PM
  • -- Posted by CHS2MRH on Mon, Nov 5, 2012, at 1:35 PM

3)If both teams have hosted the same number of games and in the event that both teams hosted or did not host the district championships, the host will be the team on the top of the bracket in odd-numbered years and the team on the bottom of the bracket in even-numbered years.

That last sentence is what you go by.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Nov 5, 2012, at 1:37 PM

If Charleston were to win tonight, the game would be played at Charleston

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Nov 5, 2012, at 1:40 PM
  • Ok. Thanks for the clarity Cheese. Good luck to you guys tonight. Hope to see you all on Saturday.

-- Posted by CHS2MRH on Mon, Nov 5, 2012, at 1:40 PM

Has it even rained in C'ville? Had a very light shower that lasted about 10 minutes in C'ton. Forecast just showed a 10-20% chance; if it stays like it is, I'll be there.....frankly, was a little surprised, this morning, when my little blonde wife asked me what time we needed to leave.

-- Posted by birdfan on Mon, Nov 5, 2012, at 1:44 PM

Selling the Jays short, Corey? lol

-- Posted by birdfan on Mon, Nov 5, 2012, at 1:45 PM

We just had a sprinkle that got the ground wet. 60% chance throughout the game though so you will need something to keep you dry. If the radar is any indication and I am no weather man but it looks like it could just be high clouds that the radar is picking up. Its blowing up from the southwest. Popcorn may get soggy but your drinks will stay cool!!

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Mon, Nov 5, 2012, at 2:38 PM
  • Nah, im not Bird, I already gave my pic. I would like to see Ctown and MRH play in football. Lets go Ctown.

-- Posted by CHS2MRH on Mon, Nov 5, 2012, at 2:54 PM
  • someone keep the score posted from the Charleston vs Caruthersville game.

-- Posted by CHS2MRH on Mon, Nov 5, 2012, at 3:05 PM

We always keep the score updated on the Cover It Live section of the homepage. If you have a smartphone you can pick it up there along with other scores if not just let me know and I will keep it updated on a different thread.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Mon, Nov 5, 2012, at 3:12 PM
  • If Jackson wins tonight were will the Saturday game be played at.

-- Posted by eric birk on Mon, Nov 5, 2012, at 3:53 PM

We're loading up and heading south. Hope to see you at the game, beef and cheese (hmmmm, sounds like a pizza ;-)........know where to find the judge!

-- Posted by birdfan on Mon, Nov 5, 2012, at 4:49 PM

Eric Birk, it would be played at the winner of District 2's homefield.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Nov 5, 2012, at 5:17 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: