High School Football Forum: BuckMajor's SAY WHAT!? Spotlight Player of Week #7 is:

Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Oct 7, 2012, at 2:53 PM:

Here is the second edition of BuckMajor's SAY WHAT!? Spotlight Player of Week #7. Please feel free too ask questions, comment, or voice your opinions or disagreement. I once again ask that you do it respectfully and abide by Semoball policy. Thank you once again for reading. So here it goes, BuckMajor's SAY WHAT!? Spotlight Player of the week is....

Portageville's Daniel Allen

Daniel "Ethan" Allen redecorated his stats by adding 287 yards and 5 touchdowns to help lead the Portageville bulldogs to a 46-0 victory of the East Prarie Eagles. Allen only had 14 carries, and averaged 20.5 yards per carry. Daniel has had a very impressive year so far, with 1,200 yards rushing and 15 touchdowns. I think the Portageville Bulldogs have really surprised a lot of people this year. They are 7-0, and looking to make a playoff run for the first time in a long time. It is even setting up for a huge highly anticipated matchup between Portageville and the defending state champion's, the Valle Warriors. I have seem both Portageville and Valle play this year, and let me tell you, you're gonna want to be at that game if it happens!

I also believe that this senior should be added to the mix for the Carr Trophy. If Portageville can keep it up, get a week 9 victory over NMCC, and make a little run into the playoffs, he could win that award. So good luck to Daniel Allen and the Bulldogs through the rest of the year!!

Honorable Mention:

Sikeston's Chris "Holy" Word resurrects the Sikeston offense to pull past their rival the Cape Central Tigers. After a late lighting delay in the 4th quarter, Word came out after the break and scored the go ahead and game winning touchdown. Word has now firmly solidified himself as Sikeston's 2nd leading rusher and primary running back. He had 190 yards on 30 carries, 3 TD's and averaged 6.3 yards per carry on the night. He has 637 yards and 10 touchdowns on the season. Good job Chris and good luck the rest of the season!

Replies (9)

• Haha Still loving the nicknames Buck! Great read in between the innings of the Cards-Nats game.

-- Posted by exzalmanian on Sun, Oct 7, 2012, at 3:13 PM
  • Another well-written column Buck. I too love the nicknames. I hope you will also consider defensive players too. I know it's harder to quantify a defensive player's stats, but they can have break-out games too.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sun, Oct 7, 2012, at 4:11 PM

Thanks guys haha, I appreciate it! Yes preach I will definitely consider it! Like you said it is a little harder though. Also most players here in SEMO play both sides of the ball. I know NMCC's quarterback and running backs play offense and defense, Darrel Monroe does, I believe both Gross and Word from sikeston do, as well as every school I'm sure. TJ Clark got an honorable mention last week do to his interception for a touchdown, as well as offensive plays. So if somebody has like 5 sacks or 3 interceptions or something, they will absolutely be in contention to win the SAY WHAT!? that week. Thanks again for the read guys!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Oct 7, 2012, at 6:34 PM

Gross and Word both do. Gross plays in the secondary and Word plays defensive end opposite Nick Nichols.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sun, Oct 7, 2012, at 6:35 PM

Thank you sideline! I thought they did. I wasn't sure on Word though. I know Gross broke up a pass late in the 4th quarter to help seal the game!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Oct 7, 2012, at 6:45 PM

Word is pretty good at d-end. He may not have the most tackles but he gets his share and is good at forcing running backs more to the outside in the backfield where they get gobbled up by the linebackers.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sun, Oct 7, 2012, at 6:50 PM

Well that's what counts for sure.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Oct 7, 2012, at 6:57 PM

Bump. Not letting this get put out for the stupid ND thread.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Oct 7, 2012, at 9:01 PM
  • Another Bump!!!

-- Posted by exzalmanian on Mon, Oct 8, 2012, at 7:19 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: