High School Football Forum: semo vs midmo

Posted by cvilletger on Sun, Sep 16, 2012, at 11:10 AM:

I think semo teams shld play teams in mid mo to better there chances to make it to the dome.IMO what r your thoughts

Replies (12)

What teams would be "mid mo"?

-- Posted by sherlockholmes on Sun, Sep 16, 2012, at 11:43 AM
  • Teams like centralia blair oaks moberly mexico hallsville etc cville nmcc hayti sikeston cape etc

-- Posted by cvilletger on Sun, Sep 16, 2012, at 12:45 PM
  • I really dnt look at class cause if u ask me i think some small schools can beat some big schools

-- Posted by cvilletger on Sun, Sep 16, 2012, at 12:49 PM

Only thing about Semo teams playing Mid-Mo teams is the travel and expenses. It would get costly traveling 3-5 hours several times a year not to mention the toll it would have on the kids having to travel like that. I think it would make teams in Semo a little better playing tougher teams but right now, Semo teams are kinda stuck playing who they are playing for a bit longer.

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sun, Sep 16, 2012, at 12:55 PM
  • I figured expenses wld be a factor

-- Posted by cvilletger on Sun, Sep 16, 2012, at 2:12 PM
  • some are WAY more than 3 hours... especially jeff city schools for teams in the bootheel. the only teams i could ever see playing schools around jeff city or rolla would be schools in the mineral area. gas prices make the schedules for some teams.

-- Posted by Perrywinkle on Sun, Sep 16, 2012, at 5:30 PM

why would teams from here want to play teams like that? They are way better off to schedule St. Louis schools instead. Better competition and closer.

-- Posted by sherlockholmes on Sun, Sep 16, 2012, at 5:57 PM
  • fa' sho' my ninja.

-- Posted by Perrywinkle on Sun, Sep 16, 2012, at 6:44 PM
  • U have to play these schools to get to the dome play them in the regular season then when u get to the dome its a cake walk to win cause u already played a team with a diffrent style of football besides semoball. Imo

-- Posted by cvilletger on Sun, Sep 16, 2012, at 8:09 PM
  • the teams that play ste gen see that offense. most class 4, 5, and 6 teams that make it to the dome run the spread (farmington, MOST of the STL schools, ALL the KC schools) and classes 1, 2, and 3 have mostly the "run it down your throat" offenses like fredericktown had in the 2000's and park hills has now, but have that qb that can throw 50 yards down the field on play action. (maplewood, cassville, the GOOD new madrid teams, logan-rogersville) it's the ATHLETES that the semo teams aren't used to. spending hundreds of dollars on gas and food, plus having to miss most if not all of the day in class isn't going to make most schools want to attempt to play schools 400 miles away. and most schools 400 miles away are going to want to play better schools 50 miles away. demographics and economics are the biggest factors though brother... i'd love to see sikeston, farmington, or fredericktown play teams like salem, rolla, helias, jeff city, blair oaks, st francis borgia, or owensville. but it wont happen.

-- Posted by Perrywinkle on Sun, Sep 16, 2012, at 8:22 PM
  • I agree! Teams can't get better unless they play good teams.

Farmington played Helias a coupl'a times....

Once @ Helias.

Once @ Farmington.

Both games were U. G. L. Y.

When Farmington was at Helias, I believe they got shut out 43-0.

When the game was held at Farmington, the Knights were fired up and they put up 3 scores like clockwork. If I remember right, it was 21-6 at the half.

The second half belonged to Helias. They churned out 4 or 5 scores in a hurry. It was actually pretty impressive!

Maybe schools don't want the embarrassment of playing new/tough opponents! hahaha

-- Posted by zachattack on Sun, Sep 16, 2012, at 9:16 PM

The only teams in mid missouri that would be playing are Jeff city teams (Jeff city, helias) and Columbia (rockbridge, Hickman). I believe Jackson is playing Hickman. Mid Missouri isn't better than semo. A few years ago, class 4 district 1 was as tough as it got in class 4. Why waste the time of going up there.

-- Posted by sherlockholmes on Sun, Sep 16, 2012, at 9:50 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: