High School Football Forum: Looks like Valle is the lone team left AGAIN....

Posted by VallePally on Sat, Nov 19, 2011, at 5:56 PM:

SEMO really needs to improve in football. I'm tired of my team being the only one from the area that wins titles.

Replies (42)

• Yeah, it must be exhausting for you.

-- Posted by robbincrosby on Sat, Nov 19, 2011, at 6:48 PM

He won't be around for basketball season.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sat, Nov 19, 2011, at 8:32 PM

Really? Class 1 is like winning Pop Warner! And a private school SHOULD compete year in and year out!

Come on Franks...

-- Posted by Mac N' Cheese on Sat, Nov 19, 2011, at 9:30 PM
  • This Class 1 team can beat just about all SEMO teams other than probably Farmington, Sikeston, and Caruthersville. We'd wreck your Jackson Indian team.

-- Posted by VallePally on Sat, Nov 19, 2011, at 9:33 PM
  • I'll be thinking of all of you when we are hoisting the trophy. What happen to Sikeston and they're all world running back James "Carr" Watson??

-- Posted by VallePally on Sat, Nov 19, 2011, at 9:35 PM

As bad as we were this season... I still think we beat ANY CLASS 1 school...

Even your Red Hot Valle boys!

-- Posted by Mac N' Cheese on Sat, Nov 19, 2011, at 10:09 PM
  • Haha..I wouldn't go that far. I'd take Hayti over you!

-- Posted by VallePally on Sat, Nov 19, 2011, at 10:14 PM
  • Indian22, you lost to a class 2 school so if i were you I would cool your jets. and its not like that class 2 school is deep in the playoffs.

FranksRedHot, You got absolutely dominated in the first half yesterday and i would call that escaping with a win. Also you might want to rally your fan base for the dome because for a state semifinal it looked like you had a homecoming crowd at best. Lastly, but certainly not the least, I hope South Shelby wrecks you.

-- Posted by Bill Shakespeare on Sun, Nov 20, 2011, at 10:22 AM
  • Valle would beat Jackson by at least 2 scores.. I know they are class 1 but go watch and that'll shut ya up

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Sun, Nov 20, 2011, at 11:10 AM
  • FranksRedHot... That's why a lot of people don't like teams that win a lot because their fans get really cocky. Valle is really good and we all know that so you don't have to come on here and start anything. Best of luck to you all at the dome. I hope you all can win back to back.

-- Posted by Gary Pinkel on Sun, Nov 20, 2011, at 1:08 PM
  • But you still couldnt beat Ste.Gen

-- Posted by hb1025 on Mon, Nov 21, 2011, at 8:16 AM
  • Indian 22 why should a private school compete year in year out? Thats right Valle recruits from the likes of Bloomsdale and Zell Mo. What a moron

-- Posted by Dragon & Warrior Fan on Mon, Nov 21, 2011, at 8:20 AM
  • Warrior pride I'll have to agree that. Valle's kids are from St. Gen and that's about it. The St. Louis schools are the ones that recruit such as MICDS.

-- Posted by Gary Pinkel on Mon, Nov 21, 2011, at 8:40 AM
  • It doesn't matter from where you recruit....it's still recruiting.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Mon, Nov 21, 2011, at 8:56 AM
  • This is a joke but didnt the MVP of the class 1 game last year come from Zell

-- Posted by hb1025 on Mon, Nov 21, 2011, at 9:08 AM

Shhhh.... Don't use facts on semoball! Even if it is a joke! You will make people mad!

-- Posted by Mac N' Cheese on Mon, Nov 21, 2011, at 9:15 AM
  • yes he was from Zell which is part of Ste. Genevieve County

-- Posted by Dragon & Warrior Fan on Mon, Nov 21, 2011, at 11:01 AM
  • Scott County Central and Sikeston are both in Scott County.....so is Scott City, Kelly, Chaffee, Delta....and others. I guess you have no problem with Sikeston getting players from those schools....or those schools getting kids from Sikeston????

By the way....Sikeston is also in New Madrid County....so I guess you would also be ok with Sikeston getting kids from New Madrid, Portageville, etc. or vice versa?????

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Mon, Nov 21, 2011, at 11:09 AM
  • Sikeston does get kids from the Mini Farms.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Mon, Nov 21, 2011, at 11:15 AM
  • Forgot about that.....my bad!

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Mon, Nov 21, 2011, at 11:21 AM

Guys you all think that is an issue.... Players from same county?

Try it like Cape Central... Just get kids from other states. They have spread their recruiting area to cover Arkansas, Illinois and Kentucky!

I think it's great Valle is winning! Someone has to win and it might as well be them. Even if the "JERK" FranksRedHot is one of their fans!

-- Posted by Haterade on Mon, Nov 21, 2011, at 11:23 AM
  • I agree hoops..... I was just pointing out the obvious to WarriorPride since he is trying to justify their recruiting efforts. Could you imagine the teams that Sikeston could have put together with kids from those towns????? Wow!!

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Mon, Nov 21, 2011, at 11:26 AM

Not much talent comes from the mini farms...

I have never heard of one thing worthy come from that area!

-- Posted by Haterade on Mon, Nov 21, 2011, at 11:27 AM
  • Hey!!!!!!

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Mon, Nov 21, 2011, at 11:29 AM

2 state titles in Scott County last year. And they both were in the same Zip Code!

Combine those team and you would have a power house!

-- Posted by Haterade on Mon, Nov 21, 2011, at 11:33 AM
  • The Mini Farms has been a breeding ground for excellence for decades!!

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Mon, Nov 21, 2011, at 11:55 AM

imagine if Kony and G'darius had been on the last few sikeston football teams, woooooooooowwwwwww.....

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Nov 21, 2011, at 11:57 AM

Not only that fellas, but Valle is a 1A school. Just think how many MORE state titles that SCC would have had in 1A had they been able to bring in kids from all of Scott County. Visa versa that for 4A also, although the amount of state titles vs. 1A would be lower (obviously). What a joke Warrior Pride is.

-- Posted by Sweet Chuck on Mon, Nov 21, 2011, at 12:18 PM
  • Kony and G'darius on those teams.....geez! They would have been unstoppable!

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Mon, Nov 21, 2011, at 1:02 PM
  • Hey cville has a open spot next year. So let's hook them up.

-- Posted by Jebbie88 on Mon, Nov 21, 2011, at 1:05 PM

I'm sure Valle already has their schedule made for next year! Would be nice to play them or Sikeston though if at all possible

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Mon, Nov 21, 2011, at 1:25 PM

You better play Sikeston... VALLE is just TOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!!!

-- Posted by Haterade on Mon, Nov 21, 2011, at 1:28 PM
  • Rocket not trying to justify anything i just get so tired of this recruiting crap. If anyone would like to come to Valle i can show you where these kids live and that most of their parents went to Valle and i know people cant believe that but thats the way it is. Kids in Ste. Gen. have 2 choices STG. or Valle thats it.

-- Posted by Dragon & Warrior Fan on Mon, Nov 21, 2011, at 2:16 PM
  • Valle gets their kids from St. Gen county which doesn't have the poulation of Sikeston. Their teams are good because of excellent coaching, great work ethic, talent, and the pride of trying to keep up with teams of the past. Football and baseball are tremendously important at Valle, basketball is not. I have watched them from the stands as a spectator and coached against them, they win because of tremendous preparation and plain old hard work. Talent figures in the mix, but a t a class 1 school that is not always guaranteed. Give them credit for being very good at football, try not tobe jealous and don't penalize their coaches and players because of a few boastful fans.

-- Posted by semo ref on Mon, Nov 21, 2011, at 2:28 PM
  • I'm not jealous in the least.....WarriorPride just said that they live in the same county. Just illustrating my point... I'm sure the coaches and players work hard just as you say....not saying that at all.

I just get tired of private schools boasting about their academics (the posters did not do this on this thread...just making a point) and their athletics. The private schools only accept the highest achieving students, so of course, their students are going to score higher on standardized tests (i.e. ACT and SAT), on the average, than public schools because public schools don't get to pick and choose their students. Same thing with athletics....public schools only get to choose from the kids in their school district....not a 50 mile radius. Dont' get me wrong....if a family wants to send their child to a private school and get a private school education, it is their God-given right and I agree with it 100%. However, private school fans always say it is jealously when a public school fan points out the hypocrisy.

This topic is "discussed" every year....suffice it to say, the private schools get to "legally" recruit, while public schools are reprimanded for that kind of thing (ala David Heeb, Floyd Irons, et al). Just sayin......

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Mon, Nov 21, 2011, at 4:46 PM

never saw the passage where God gave people the right to send kids to private school ;)

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Nov 21, 2011, at 5:03 PM
  • It's in the book of Hezekiah! :-)

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Mon, Nov 21, 2011, at 5:30 PM
  • It can also be found in Genesis 51 and 3 Kings.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Mon, Nov 21, 2011, at 5:43 PM
  • For all sikeston people who deny jumping on threads that have nothing to do with them and spinning them to there advantage i would like to present you with case and point.

That being said I cannot stand Valle, however they do not recruit. the idea is absurd. Their coaching staff has them conditioned to do exactly what they are supposed to do and nothing more. Example, Micheal Wehner is not close to mike Greminger or even Alex Stoll, however he does exactly what he is supposed to and it ends up with big plays and few mistakes. oh and having a class 3 caliber line doesnt hurt either

-- Posted by Bill Shakespeare on Mon, Nov 21, 2011, at 9:48 PM
  • As a Sikeston poster....I don't deny that. We just happen to have more posters than any other town..... Besides, we pretty much dislike all private schools! Ha!

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Tue, Nov 22, 2011, at 11:05 AM
  • What did Private Schools do to you? I can guess your gonna say they recruit and/or they are good. but not all private schools recruit. Especially when your talking about pariochial schools like Valle Catholic or St Vincent, if you look through either teams rosters you can find the same names that have been there for years.

-- Posted by Bill Shakespeare on Tue, Nov 22, 2011, at 11:14 AM
  • I guess the "Ha!" doesn't mean anything to you???

Like I said in my diatribe above....all private schools deny recruiting. I KNOW different when it comes to ND. I KNOW FOR A FACT, that a former Sikeston student was recruited by ND! I can't speak about Valle....maybe I'm just lumping all of the private schools together. But....where there's smoke there's fire.

I'm not knocking the private schools....I would do it too! They ARE playing fairly under the rules that MSHSAA has enacted. It's just hypocrisy when a public schools gets reprimanded for doing the exact same thing....that's all I'm saying. There are only 2 solutions...as I see it....either allow public schools the ability to recruit or have the private schools use the same school district where they are located (i.e. ND would have to get students from within Cape Central's boundaries).....for sports purposes. I know the 2nd option is filled with problems, but it is a solution.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Tue, Nov 22, 2011, at 11:31 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: