High School Football Forum: Class 4 updated Massey Ratings

Posted by Cully Bryant on Mon, Oct 18, 2010, at 5:21 PM:

The new Massey Ratings were just released. Cape's victory over Farmington vaulted them to #13, two spots ahead of Sikeston who remain at #15. However, it is interesting that the Massey computer predicts a 1 point Sikeston victory in Thursday's contest. This provides one more piece of evidence in support of what we already know. This one is likely too close to call.

http://www.highschoolsports.net/massey/ratings/Sikeston-High-School-Sikeston-MO/...

Replies (58)

• what were you smoking when you looked at that. Cape is predicted to win by 1 point. Sorry.

-- Posted by FBSEMOfan on Mon, Oct 18, 2010, at 8:47 PM
  • I don't believe he smokes, he's a doctor...And sherlock it can change everytime you do it.... So please tell him your sorry, or i will bash every comment you post from here on.

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Mon, Oct 18, 2010, at 8:49 PM

On a neutral site, Sikeston has the one point advantage. When you put Cape as the home team, they receive the one point advantage. Let's not all jump to conclusions that this person is smoking that. Everybody is right.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Oct 18, 2010, at 9:03 PM
  • No it won't change unless you change where it will be played at. So no I won't say I am sorry I was just pointing out the truth. And I could care less if a 16 tries to bash what I post on a computer. Hahaha you just tried to internet bully me.

-- Posted by FBSEMOfan on Mon, Oct 18, 2010, at 9:08 PM
  • Seems to be working, maybe you need to relax, have a cold bevarge, maybe play the "Ginuwine" album... "My whole life has changed...since you came innnn" hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Mon, Oct 18, 2010, at 9:10 PM

FBSEMOfan, I like how your arguing with a 16 year old. Bet all the guys at the office think your pretty cool.

-- Posted by CL on Mon, Oct 18, 2010, at 9:16 PM
  • COME AT ME BRO

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Mon, Oct 18, 2010, at 9:22 PM
  • You're right CL. But wasn't trying to start anything when I first posted. Just wanted to point out that when you look up the Massey ratings that it is actually Cape that is favored. Didn't actually mean that Monkey had a big ole fatty hanging out of his mouth while looking it up. Sorry for the misinterpretation.

-- Posted by FBSEMOfan on Mon, Oct 18, 2010, at 9:26 PM
  • Shouldn't have stated what are you smoking.... Is this considered capes actual field even though they do not own it?

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Mon, Oct 18, 2010, at 9:29 PM
  • Well since they have been playing there since I moved here then I would say it would be considered their home field.

-- Posted by FBSEMOfan on Mon, Oct 18, 2010, at 9:31 PM
  • How long ago was that bud? 1903?

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Mon, Oct 18, 2010, at 9:32 PM
  • Not that old...1996.

-- Posted by FBSEMOfan on Mon, Oct 18, 2010, at 9:34 PM
  • i was 2, all kidding aside, i'll be wearing an inspector gadget shirt at the game, give me a holla

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Mon, Oct 18, 2010, at 9:37 PM
  • I'll be in the seats with backs.

-- Posted by FBSEMOfan on Mon, Oct 18, 2010, at 9:39 PM

Ill be shakin my dreads all game long.

-- Posted by CL on Mon, Oct 18, 2010, at 9:40 PM
  • Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah if only the knew CL, and fbsemofan, i prolly woulda pick pocketed you... juss sayinn

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Mon, Oct 18, 2010, at 9:41 PM
  • So when will Central start working on their own field?

-- Posted by BW23 on Tue, Oct 19, 2010, at 9:52 AM
  • I'll be sure too, im an animal!

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Tue, Oct 19, 2010, at 10:24 AM
  • Nice name 009.....just exudes class!

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Tue, Oct 19, 2010, at 10:34 AM
  • BW23, I hear there is a strong possibility that Cape Central may start on a new stadium this spring, one which will include turf. Now in Cape schools absolutely nothing is predictable, so you never know. My source though has inside info. I hope they get a nice stadium, it is a long time coming. Nothing like your own field to defend as home turf. Central is always a step-child at Houck Stadium. They were promised years ago by the A.D. and President at SEMO that if they helped them get turf at Houck Stadium then they would get to always play on Friday night. Lied to and they still have to play some Thursdays for various reasons.

-- Posted by semo ref on Tue, Oct 19, 2010, at 10:35 AM
  • Semo ref---There will be a new stadium for Central next year..It will be where they practice now and will have turf like Festus...Will be nice and done before next football season..Going to be nice..

-- Posted by crackerjack on Tue, Oct 19, 2010, at 11:14 AM

define animal

-- Posted by JungleStud on Tue, Oct 19, 2010, at 11:51 AM

Bet cash money if inspectorgadget walks by whoever at the game that nothing at all happens, except for people running their mouths.

-- Posted by CL on Tue, Oct 19, 2010, at 11:51 AM

maybe because faculties gonna be swarming the jungle but i gaurentee gadget's chicken wings will start flopping and he'll fly away if he even does man up and walk in front of us

-- Posted by JungleStud on Tue, Oct 19, 2010, at 12:00 PM

Nothing gonna happen. Be forreal, you know it and so do I. Your just talkin.

-- Posted by CL on Tue, Oct 19, 2010, at 12:02 PM

nah im typing

-- Posted by JungleStud on Tue, Oct 19, 2010, at 12:08 PM

Nice.

-- Posted by CL on Tue, Oct 19, 2010, at 12:09 PM
  • Thanks for the update on the stadium.

-- Posted by BW23 on Tue, Oct 19, 2010, at 12:46 PM
  • the stadium will not be done by next year itll be done within the next 2-3 yrs. more likely to be done by that third year but a chance itll be done by that second.

-- Posted by ctjungle2010 on Tue, Oct 19, 2010, at 1:25 PM
  • ctjungle2010---I am very familiar with the stadium project and it will be done by next school year. Not sure who you are talking to but if all the bids get completed they will start on the project this winter.

-- Posted by crackerjack on Tue, Oct 19, 2010, at 2:10 PM

If Cape couldn't stop Farmington's QB from a rushing TD. What will they do against Sikeston Trey Lewis?? Way more speed and cape couldnt bring hiw to the ground they won't even touch that Trey kidd!

-- Posted by therealhitsquad11 on Tue, Oct 19, 2010, at 2:44 PM

bet 10 no one is gunna do anything at the game. Not sayin that inspector wouldnt if anything would go down because im pretty sure that he would. but capes to soft to even try....

-- Posted by Peewee Herman on Tue, Oct 19, 2010, at 2:52 PM

it was like a 13 yard rushing TD. its not like farmington's QB broke for some long touchdown or something. and sikeston is soft too, all they do is throw quarters ;).

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Oct 19, 2010, at 2:58 PM

Nice, group everyone with one dumb individual.

-- Posted by CL on Tue, Oct 19, 2010, at 3:16 PM
  • Animal- brute national all-american, top eight in the country.... I'll even come sit with ya, steal ya girl, and pee on the bathroom floor

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Tue, Oct 19, 2010, at 3:29 PM

Wooooo a rushing td..cape was in man coverage thats why. idk why peewees calling people soft his name speaks for itself. inspector gadget id love to see the day

-- Posted by JungleStud on Tue, Oct 19, 2010, at 11:21 PM
  • 1 rushing td to a non rushing qb means at least 2-3 for lewis easily... And whats her name?

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Wed, Oct 20, 2010, at 9:46 AM
  • Sorry but he has the most rushing yards on Farmington's team, around 650 if I'm not mistaken, so I would say he is a rushing QB, he's just a much better passer and that's why he will go to college. I'm pretty sure nobody around here has any all-american's or top 8 in the country, last one was Tyler Hansbrough. Whoa Buck and CL, what is this throwing quarters I feel like I'm missing out on something important.

It should be interesting to see the number of police at the game, not only because it's a Cape vs Sikeston game but the shear number of people expected, I've heard numbers around 11,000. If a fight would break out on the field Sikeston would be the team to suffer because they have another big game next week while Cape plays Perryville.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Wed, Oct 20, 2010, at 7:27 PM

The quarters thing is about the New Madrid vs Sikeston basketball game last year. One kid in the crowd threw a quarter and supposedly hit a player or coach or something from New Madrid. Obviously since one person acted stupid and did that, it means the whole town must do it.

-- Posted by CL on Wed, Oct 20, 2010, at 7:46 PM
  • Blake DeWitt was an All-American baseball player in high school.

-- Posted by semohoops on Wed, Oct 20, 2010, at 8:00 PM
  • Semosports so the plaque i have hanging up on my wall that stats i'm a 2009 brute national all american, is a lie? Considering i wrestled 8 matches to get there? Maybe you should just sit at home and wimper because are only an all american at trying to show out infront of old men... good try bro

COME AT ME

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Wed, Oct 20, 2010, at 8:04 PM

Ah CL don't get all down a cry. It was just a little joke son lol :)

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Oct 20, 2010, at 8:16 PM

Ill admit, did sound like i was whining. But i was just putting it out there. Didnt mean for it to come out like that.

-- Posted by CL on Wed, Oct 20, 2010, at 8:22 PM

It's cool. Hide ya wife, hide ya kids, hide ya husbands!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Oct 20, 2010, at 8:26 PM

Dey rapin erybody out hur!

-- Posted by CL on Wed, Oct 20, 2010, at 8:29 PM

LOL, I had to go on worldhiphop.com just to watch that interview again. Funny stuff....

-- Posted by sbulldog4life on Wed, Oct 20, 2010, at 9:43 PM
  • I bet this is the rapist's ringtone

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Wed, Oct 20, 2010, at 9:50 PM
  • Isn't brute national wrestling youth? I'm talking about high school all-americans.

Wasn't Blake and all-american before Tyler? I don't remember which year each of them were selected.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Wed, Oct 20, 2010, at 10:01 PM
  • ACTUALLY i was in high school, and its a sancation high school tournament.. SOO how about you find a hobby, maybeee water polo? Unless youd shrivel up like a prune.. I know how elder's skin gets

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Wed, Oct 20, 2010, at 10:03 PM
  • I'll specify even more...I'm talking about becoming an all-american by competing for your school. I assume you go to Sikeston, don't know if you still wrestle for them or which weight class but when was the last time a Sikeston wrestler placed in the top 5 at state?

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Wed, Oct 20, 2010, at 10:05 PM
  • gavalin bland did a couple years ago.. But we can bring that topic up on another thread if youd like

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Wed, Oct 20, 2010, at 10:09 PM
  • Let's wait til football is over, we've still got over a month of this left.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Wed, Oct 20, 2010, at 10:14 PM
  • Hahaha ill be waiting, Well sikeston will have a month left

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Wed, Oct 20, 2010, at 10:17 PM

"BuckMajor" your funny for one it doesn't matter in man. who had the qb run. and cape cant tackle in open field at all!!

-- Posted by therealhitsquad11 on Thu, Oct 21, 2010, at 11:16 AM

I didnt understand a word you just said. I dont even know if your giving me a compliment of bashing me. I suspect the latter.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Oct 21, 2010, at 1:10 PM

"BuckMajor" you're funny! for one it doesn't matter in man who had the qb run.

and cape cant tackle in open field at all!!

-- Posted by therealhitsquad11 on Thu, Oct 21, 2010, at 11:16 AM

there buck. can you understand it now

-- Posted by Taller than life on Thu, Oct 21, 2010, at 1:43 PM

I BET YOU UNDERSTAND ME NOW 21-O.

-- Posted by therealhitsquad11 on Mon, Oct 25, 2010, at 1:17 PM

Ummm I'm picked sikeston to win so.....

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Oct 25, 2010, at 1:26 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: