High School Football Forum: Week 6 Football Debate

Posted by drawmules2 on Mon, Sep 27, 2010, at 2:20 AM:

12 games involving semoball schools are scheduled for Week 6.

Thursday

Crystal City at St. Vincent

Friday

St. Charles West at Cape Central

Perryville at Maplewood-Richmond Heights

Farmington at Poplar Bluff

Herculaneum at Caruthersville

Charleston at Dexter

Kennett at Malden

East Prairie at Chaffee

Scott City at Portageville

Hayti at Lake County, Tenn.

NMCC at Sikeston

Saturday

Jackson at Vashon

I'm unsure which game is the game of the week this week. Help me out!

Replies (24)

• Interestng to see who wins Jackson -Vashon game.....Vashon throws the ball ad nausem, literally 50 times a game......will be interesting to see how that works. Vashon stung Bluff at Bluff early in the year 54-12

-- Posted by Headhunt on Mon, Sep 27, 2010, at 10:31 AM
  • My guess - Vashon will win by whatever margin they want.

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Mon, Sep 27, 2010, at 10:53 AM
  • Whoever plays Bluff this year will sting us we have probally won the only game we are going to win this season when we beat a NMCC team that is just awful this year.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Mon, Sep 27, 2010, at 12:49 PM
  • In addition to graduation, hasn't Bluff been hurt by injuries this year? I believe I heard they had a QB, lineman and now Bryant out with injury. Is that correct?

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Mon, Sep 27, 2010, at 12:53 PM
  • a shame really, kind of a double whammy, hard hit by graduation, and moving up a class....Coach Kearby is a great Coach, and a good man, I hope Bluff finds a way to get back on track, a class program, with a class coach

-- Posted by Headhunt on Mon, Sep 27, 2010, at 2:34 PM
  • yea QB Griggs out with broken collar bone Shrum has had 2 or 3 different injuries and Bryant is out now. Not sure what Bryant did but he got hurt Friday night. We also just got a wide receiver back in week 4.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Mon, Sep 27, 2010, at 2:55 PM
  • wow...no bryant....so PB wont win another game??

-- Posted by RedShirt on Mon, Sep 27, 2010, at 4:44 PM
  • we don't win another game with or without Bryant it's not like Bryant can carry us to another victory. Jackson is the only game left that i think could be a good game.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Tue, Sep 28, 2010, at 7:20 AM
  • Bluff is playing Vashon again?????

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Tue, Sep 28, 2010, at 11:39 AM
  • No Vashon plays Jackson

-- Posted by BIGELW on Tue, Sep 28, 2010, at 12:13 PM
  • I would say the game of the week would be the Sikeston Bulldogs versus the New Madrid Eagles.This is a great rivalry game too!!Remember when NMCC where having good years with Derrick Tipler,Brian Murph,and went to the 3A state title game at the St.Louis Dome against Platte County?Who was the only team to beat the Golden Eagles?The Sikeston Bulldogs!!!!Indeed the game of the week.

-- Posted by DonaldTrump on Tue, Sep 28, 2010, at 12:42 PM
  • Yelp,that upset happened at NMCC and that was the only game lost for the Eagles during the regular season.Dont you just love upsets?One just happened!!!!SEMO SHOCKS SIU!!!!!!

-- Posted by DonaldTrump on Tue, Sep 28, 2010, at 12:45 PM
  • Jay Jay, are you eating crayons again? Game of the week?! What's your prediction on the score?

-- Posted by Hemingway on Tue, Sep 28, 2010, at 1:09 PM
  • I would say anybody playing NMCC would be their game of the week the way NMCC looks this season it is for sure win

-- Posted by BIGELW on Tue, Sep 28, 2010, at 1:32 PM

I love how it's sikestons homecoming and one of their theme days for spirit week this week is NMCC hillbillie day ahahahahaha!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Sep 28, 2010, at 3:58 PM
  • Do they have hillbillies in NMCC? I didn't even know they had hills.

-- Posted by Cully Bryant on Tue, Sep 28, 2010, at 4:04 PM

Few mole hills here and there.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Sep 28, 2010, at 4:08 PM
  • drawmules....did u get a real job yet?? can Sikeston mercy rule NMCC?? Cape did.....

-- Posted by RedShirt on Tue, Sep 28, 2010, at 6:38 PM
  • RedShirt

I have turned down two offers in other portions of Missouri because the newspapers were only willing to pay me to cover 30 minutes of each game and wanted me to cover the remainder of the game for free. I am considering starting own business/website. Time will tell.

Sadly I'm not familiar enough with the mercy rule of football to answer your question. But I really like Sikeston's chances against NMCC.

-- Posted by drawmules2 on Tue, Sep 28, 2010, at 9:48 PM
  • Draw...good luck....you could leave at halftime of each game then lol...BTW newspapers are a dying business...they're all desperate to stay afloat these days....look at the SEManurian for ex....try another medium :)

-- Posted by RedShirt on Tue, Sep 28, 2010, at 10:21 PM
  • When a team is up by 35 points anytime in the sencond half there is a running clock. Just to fill you in draw.;)

Delo would you mind filling us in on these stats and tell us who C'Ville has played outside of class 2. I'm not trying to hate or anything I'm just curious.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Wed, Sep 29, 2010, at 7:29 PM
  • RedShirt..Im tired of getting on here and reading all of the positve things about southeast missouri football teams, then get to your post and you are bashing Sikeston, Or comparing them to Sikeston. You werent comparing them for the last couple of years so dont start now. Grow up a litte bit and support the SEMO teams. Its getting irritating now. I graduated from Sikeston and we beat Cape when I was a senior and we didnt have people like you. Chill out out and enjoy the season. Real talk

-- Posted by respectthegame on Wed, Sep 29, 2010, at 7:45 PM
  • * COOMPARING THEM TO CAPE* (previous thread)

-- Posted by respectthegame on Wed, Sep 29, 2010, at 7:46 PM
  • I watched the highlights of the kennett game, what number is peter lloyd, if he is twenty something and ran a lot in the beginning than yes he is a good back but look at some of the blocks he had on the edge and you can see why he gets so many yards. I'm not doubting his abilities it just looked like he had some good blocks and didnt get hit. It also looks like they would struggle against Cape or Farmington because they lack the size of those schools but yes they are a good smaller school.

-- Posted by BB-BORE on Thu, Sep 30, 2010, at 9:44 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: