High School Football Forum: Thanks Sikeston Football Seniors

Posted by Headhunt on Tue, May 18, 2010, at 4:24 PM:

I wanted to take one more opportunity to say "Thank You", to the Senior Sikeston Bulldog football players who graduate tonight.

It was one heck of a ride watching you all this past season. I cannot recall seeing a town more swept up in recent years, and it was great to be a part of.

Best of luck to you all, no matter the course you take, I hope you remember this past year, as much as those of us who watched your wonderful season.

Who dat talkin bout beatin dem Bulldogs ????

Go Bulldogs......!!!!!!

Replies (7)

• Congrats to the Sikeston senior class for their success in football and basketball and track as well. You have been pegged as a very good class since you were in junior high. Being talented, coachable, hard working, and able to get along well has provided much success and alot of proud moments for anyone connected to Sikeston High School. Good luck in your futures, you have earned it.

-- Posted by semo ref on Wed, May 19, 2010, at 10:45 AM
  • I hope semo ref isn't an actual highschool ref. He seems to be a big fan of them.

-- Posted by ndsportsfan on Wed, May 19, 2010, at 1:02 PM
  • I am an actual high school ref, and have been so for about 30 years. I have called many, many ND games with no problems. And no, I would never call a Sikeston game, especially versus an area team. I did call for them once in an area game because of an emergency, but first checked with both head coaches. I am very cognizant of conflicts of interest and avoid them like the plague. Its very hard to avoid them sometimes because of the amount of games being played and the shortage of officials but we try to avoid conflicts whenever possible. BTW I also root for any area team when they go to the playoffs, I like to see Southeast Mo. teams represent our region. Have a nice day!

-- Posted by semo ref on Wed, May 19, 2010, at 1:17 PM
  • Then no complaints here, I don't think nd gets screwed by the refs I played sports in highschool and know better than that. It wasn't my point I justthought it was odd.

-- Posted by ndsportsfan on Wed, May 19, 2010, at 1:22 PM
  • All I did, was say congratulations, to a deserving bunch of kids who had a great football season...

leave it to ND to find an agenda...

-- Posted by Headhunt on Wed, May 19, 2010, at 1:30 PM
  • Umm ok

-- Posted by ndsportsfan on Wed, May 19, 2010, at 1:32 PM

It was great watching history being made at Sikeston and seeing you guys represent our area well in playoff competition. Congrats seniors best of luck in your future endeavors.

-- Posted by sbulldog4life on Wed, May 19, 2010, at 6:00 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: