High School Football Forum: This seems familiar

Replies (7)

• I'm really surprised this hasn't happened around here. I don't understand "adults" getting upset about a game kids play.

-- Posted by Fatboy1972 on Wed, Jan 10, 2018, at 9:26 AM
  • Didn’t know Bleed had a sister that lived in KC.

-- Posted by ThadCastle on Thu, Feb 8, 2018, at 9:04 PM
  • Its not about the game the kids are playing... Its about the adult who is in charge of refing the game. SEMO refs from a general perspective are not that good. I know there are a few exceptions.

I know for a fact that refs in the SEMO area do pick on certain players, coaches and teams. How do I know? They have told me as much.

The problem is there is no oversight on the Refs... They can make any call they want without fear. It is a shame that some refs do this because I know there are some refs out there who have pride in what they do.

-- Posted by Semosports fan on Thu, Feb 15, 2018, at 1:59 PM
  • I don't claim her!

-- Posted by Bleed Green OG on Thu, Feb 15, 2018, at 2:59 PM
  • I've heard the same thing from Refs in the SEMO area. I went to church with 2 of them and they would openly discuss this. I also considered these refs to be some of the area's best at the time. They both have been retired for several years.

-- Posted by BlackHillsCard on Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 10:57 AM
  • Semosports fan, I have a tough time believing you actually heard a ref say that to you. If so, have enough nerve to name the official, to give them an opportunity to verify or refute the statement. Officials are evaluated every year by a former official, hired by MSHSAA who attends several tournaments. They meet with the officials after games and offer criticism (both positive and negative). In addition, all coaches are required to submit an evaluation of all officials at the end of each season. If your claim is true, officials would not be able to continue working from year to year. Officials are never going to escape the wrath of fans who think of themselves as "experts."

-- Posted by semo7178 on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 11:39 AM
  • Are the refs in the area the best in the business? No. However, a lot of this trash falls on the fans. Everyone knows what happens on the court happens. Someone going down punching a ref, intimidating visiting fans/coaches, or any other idiotic reaction doesn't need to be at the game.

As much as we care for the people playing the game, none of these games mean that much. They are high school players doing something they love, and it gets ruined by adults who can't control their actions. It's pathetic.

-- Posted by SEMO_Indian_88 on Wed, Mar 7, 2018, at 11:51 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: