High School Football Forum: Park Hills Central Soccer

Posted by Shady Jack on Tue, Nov 21, 2017, at 12:26 AM:

I keep hearing that PHC may be picking up soccer. That would pull some athletes from football.

Replies (17)

• Use a different bait or try a different hole. Fish in this pond are pretty smart.....

-- Posted by tonto-k on Tue, Nov 21, 2017, at 6:59 AM
  • If it happens, I guess you heard it here first.

-- Posted by Kzar on Tue, Nov 21, 2017, at 8:06 AM
  • Must have a board member wanting his kid to be able to play a sport in high school.

-- Posted by Forrest Gump on Tue, Nov 21, 2017, at 9:00 AM
  • There is a group that keeps trying to get it in, but administration keeps shooting it down. on one hand you want kids to be able to play but another it will definitely take away from other teams.

-- Posted by thatDude on Tue, Nov 21, 2017, at 9:43 AM
  • Check out Central's football field. There are no soccer lines on it. They weren't accidentally left out. Small or middle sized class 3 schools cannot support both football and soccer. If you think that is incorrect look at Fredericktown.

-- Posted by tonto-k on Tue, Nov 21, 2017, at 12:26 PM
  • Class 4 scores with soccer is on a level playing field with class 3 schools without soccer.

Central could support it, but it would water down both sports.

Just depends on what you want. You want more kids participating or you want to have a better chance of being good in one sport but with fewer participating.

You could make the argument that most class 4 schools can't support both. They can, but in most years, both sports will not be as good.

-- Posted by BTIndians on Tue, Nov 21, 2017, at 1:16 PM
  • Flat River is a good ole Red Blooded American town....they play football, have chat(spelling) piles, got a nice gas station have the Xmas tourney at the TJ Foulon Fieldhouse and aint gonna let no soccer be played!!! I bye God support them for that!!! No Soccer...ever!!!

-- Posted by Coachken on Tue, Nov 21, 2017, at 1:17 PM
  • Not serious...but perhaps we should add a multiplier based on number of fall sports...similar to what we do with private schools.

Central, Ste Gen and other class 3 schools that have no soccer, become class 4 in football. Or go the other way, if you are class 3 and have soccer...like Fredericktown, you play class 2.

-- Posted by BTIndians on Tue, Nov 21, 2017, at 1:19 PM
  • That would get pretty convoluted, but I understand what you're saying. Let's not forget, Monett last year. They lost to JBS in the soccer championship and they won class 3 football. I guess you have the occasional outlier, but I like football.

-- Posted by Kzar on Tue, Nov 21, 2017, at 5:00 PM

There was a gal in town with a clipboard a coupl'a months ago....she was asking for signatures to support a PHC soccer program.

I was like "No speaky engrish" when she asked for my signature.

-- Posted by zachattack II on Tue, Nov 21, 2017, at 6:57 PM
  • I agree class 3 can't support both without really watering down sports, class 4 waters down themselves also and aren't as good as they could be either, a lot of secondary and wide receiver speed type skill players playing kick the ball. I wish they would do away with it around here and send it back to the city, we don't have enough Mercedes and BMW SUV's down here to support it correctly.

-- Posted by thatDude on Wed, Nov 22, 2017, at 10:26 AM
  • I went to get juice boxes for the little kids one day and they were completely out...grocery store said there was a big soccer tourney and they all get juice boxes and snacks after the games. Grass fairys dun soaked up all the juice!

-- Posted by Coachken on Wed, Nov 22, 2017, at 10:44 AM

#triggered

-- Posted by yah-yah on Wed, Nov 22, 2017, at 1:47 PM

Flat River is a good ole Red Blooded American town.... Translation: they have KKK members living in the community, including the Grand Dragon. They need soccer. If they care about the kids they will add it now. The more kids involved in extra-curricular activities the better the school. It is time Flat River.

-- Posted by CoachKent on Thu, Nov 23, 2017, at 2:49 AM
  • Bahahahaha I think the Grand Dragon got shot last year by his family, Bruh.

-- Posted by JoJo Starbuck on Thu, Nov 23, 2017, at 6:13 AM
  • Cant wait to see them paint them lines on the field

-- Posted by hb1025 on Thu, Nov 23, 2017, at 2:10 PM

Not that it really matters, but the deceased KKK guy was actually from Leadwood, which is a few miles away from Park Hills.

-- Posted by zachattack II on Sat, Nov 25, 2017, at 7:06 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: