High School Football Forum: Jamborees

Posted by Grumpy Cat on Mon, Jul 24, 2017, at 5:06 PM:

The semoball greatest hits album 2017 - Preseason edition.

Replies (41)

• Jamboree's are at St. Genn, Kennett, Scott City and Portageville

-- Posted by Bigdaddy34 on Thu, Aug 10, 2017, at 7:20 AM
  • Who is playing at each location

-- Posted by swampdaddy on Thu, Aug 10, 2017, at 11:04 AM
  • At SG

Valle

PHC

St Pius

-- Posted by hb1025 on Thu, Aug 10, 2017, at 4:28 PM

Farmington, Fox, Seckman, and Jackson at Festus.

-- Posted by Stuart on Thu, Aug 10, 2017, at 5:31 PM
  • Malden Charleston Doniphan Portageville @ Portageville

-- Posted by rockin roy on Thu, Aug 10, 2017, at 5:56 PM
  • What about Hayti? Dexter? Poplar Bluff? Caruthersville?

-- Posted by MU_Tigers on Fri, Aug 11, 2017, at 6:47 AM

MU_Tigers I was wondering the same thing?

-- Posted by JustLoveTheGame on Fri, Aug 11, 2017, at 6:59 AM
  • I have been waiting for this day im ready for some football

-- Posted by hb1025 on Fri, Aug 11, 2017, at 9:16 AM

Bluff is going all the way to Rolla again after being rained out the past two years, looks like history may again repeat itself. If they get to play they will be scrimmaging host Rolla, Waynesville, and Union.

-- Posted by WWE Guru on Fri, Aug 11, 2017, at 10:44 AM
  • Any updates from Kennett? Who stood out? Any surprises?

-- Posted by cardinalnation on Fri, Aug 11, 2017, at 7:48 PM

The Indians went full house shotgun backfield and ran the ball right at Seckman. Tossed around Farmington and B slapped Festus. Jackson = Championship bound.

-- Posted by CoachKent on Fri, Aug 11, 2017, at 11:05 PM
  • Proud of the Dons for the effort tonight at Portageville. Still a long ways to go for the program, but our coaches, boys (and one girl) are getting better everyday. We may never be a powerhouse, but if y'all knew what it means just to see these kids get an opportunity to be out there, you would be proud of 'em too. We are excited to be a part of Southeast Missouri football again and, hopefully, are here to stay.

-- Posted by doniphandon on Fri, Aug 11, 2017, at 11:37 PM
  • Wow CoachKent, brag much? Jackson will have a field day in SEMO but they won't compete in STL at the end when it matters.

-- Posted by cardinalnation on Sat, Aug 12, 2017, at 12:05 AM
  • No one in semo will beat Malden!

-- Posted by swampdaddy on Sat, Aug 12, 2017, at 6:54 AM

It was nice to see Doniphan on the field they did a great job. Charelston and Pville have some offensive weapons but looked a little weak on defense. Malden looked good at the jamboree have alot of depth. I don't think they are as strong as the last few years, just my opinion.But they will be tuff to beat. Ready for this Friday, good luck to all the teams. Ready to see the Cville Tigers ROAR!!!!

-- Posted by JustLoveTheGame on Sat, Aug 12, 2017, at 7:08 AM

When does Doniphan beging varsity play? I will definitely be out on some Friday when they do. I'll support the Dons 100% as so many people from Doniphan work and spend in PB.

-- Posted by WWE Guru on Sat, Aug 12, 2017, at 7:47 AM
  • Wishful thinking just love the game.Malden is basically the same team as last year just a year older,they usually go a little vanilla in these scrimmage games.

-- Posted by Ramfanman on Sat, Aug 12, 2017, at 7:57 AM
  • I missed the Kennett jamboree due to work obligations. Malden/ Cville game will be tough. I think Cville finally gets over the hump and beats them. Cville has everybody back but Qualls and they have some new guys playing this year from what I had heard. Kennett will be pretty good and by playoff time could make it interesting

-- Posted by Kennett fan on Sat, Aug 12, 2017, at 8:28 AM

Lol Ramfanman our games will be fun this year as always. Glad nobody got hurt last night!

-- Posted by JustLoveTheGame on Sat, Aug 12, 2017, at 8:31 AM
  • Win or lose you know Malden cville will be a close game.kennett fan your bound to be right one of these days you've been saying (wishing)it the last three years.

-- Posted by Ramfanman on Sat, Aug 12, 2017, at 9:13 AM
  • Time will tell if I'm right on the prediction. I may be wrong but hadn't Cville had their way with the Greenwave up until three years ago

-- Posted by Kennett fan on Sat, Aug 12, 2017, at 1:42 PM
  • Your right time will tell whether it be this year or three years from now when they finally do win you can say I told you so.since its been 3 or 4 years and we play them twice a year with the playoffs that's probably six to eight times you've said you thought it was time for cville to reclaim their dominance. I'm sure you'll get it right eventually

-- Posted by Ramfanman on Sat, Aug 12, 2017, at 3:57 PM
  • Maybe I will get it right one day. It may be this year or ten years from now It's been a good series for three or four years. Malden is the team to beat for now in that district. Cville has a good shot at doing it. You have dominated Kennett for a long time For the past 15 years or so Cville has had their way with Malden up until three or four years ago. Two good teams and programs.

-- Posted by Kennett fan on Sat, Aug 12, 2017, at 4:17 PM
  • How about fifteen years before that? How far should we go back? How far do we have to go back to talk about Kennetts football relavance?

-- Posted by Ramfanman on Sat, Aug 12, 2017, at 5:08 PM
  • You would have to go pretty far back on Kennett. This conversation is going nowhere Good luck to Malden,Cville,Kennett and all the other area teams this year. Malden Cville week two will be a dandy

-- Posted by Kennett fan on Sat, Aug 12, 2017, at 6:31 PM
  • We agree on that.i do think kennett will be relevant sooner rather than later with Wyatt at the helm.

-- Posted by Ramfanman on Sat, Aug 12, 2017, at 7:06 PM
  • I was able to make it to the R-7, fredricktown, perryville and St, Clair jamboree. St Clair ran the option probably 90 percent of the time. But their receiver made one heck of a catch one handed diving. R-7 looked the best. Their linebacker and running back were the team. Graves and Jacobak? They will rely heavy on run plays. Lot of misdirection runs. Fredricktown , well, they didn't exactly stand out in any which way. One wide receiver in particular was the most targeted. I don't know their schedule but I can't see them winning but a game or 2. Perryville is looking better. They had a injury to what might be a key guy but he did walk off the field after being down awhile.

-- Posted by Observer24 on Sat, Aug 12, 2017, at 7:41 PM
  • We've sure wasted zero time this year getting in to the heated discussions already right? Hahaha! We are all very passionate about our teams and it shows clearly on here! That's the nature of the beast! I'm gonna have to say it's not fair to say there is doninance on either part of Malden and cville! Did cville control Malden for many years? Yes they did! But I could be wrong and please correct me if I am but, if you look back at the overall series record between the two teams I think it's fairly pretty close with Malden having the edge! Again, I could be wrong with that but if that's the case, I thinks it's fair to say that dominance doesn't necessarily play a role between the two! I mean it a really close overall series record! Right? Regardless, it's always a battle with these two teams and I don't see that changing anytime soon for either team! It's gonna be another good season for both teams!

-- Posted by Moose76 on Sat, Aug 12, 2017, at 7:44 PM

I agree Moose.. Let's just sit back and enjoy the season. I think both teams return a lot so it will be another battle between the two schools. Friday can't get here fast enough!

-- Posted by Cheesehead. on Sat, Aug 12, 2017, at 9:58 PM

I agree Moose! It's the new Battle of the Bootheel. Heck Hayti and Cville have scrimmaged this year that would have never happend years ago! Gonna be a great season!!

-- Posted by JustLoveTheGame on Sun, Aug 13, 2017, at 7:41 AM
  • I don't know what jamboree coach Kent was at, but Jackson in NO WAY tossed Farmington around. Farmington went right down the field and scored their first offensive series. Then pulled their first string off the field for the rest of the scrimmage.

-- Posted by footballdadfarmington on Sun, Aug 13, 2017, at 11:43 AM
  • If you all think anyone "showcased" what they had at their respective Jamborees you don't know the game and/or never played. Jamborees are to fine tune your starting roster. See who will be the backups and who needs more work. Those games don't mean squat... who won, who lost, e.t.c... It's basically another practice

-- Posted by Ohweeohahaha on Sun, Aug 13, 2017, at 5:37 PM

Football Dad are you really going to mouth Jackson when we play you in September?

-- Posted by CoachKent on Tue, Aug 15, 2017, at 7:35 AM
  • @CoachKent.. footballdadfarmington knows the Jackson game won't be close. I think Jackson wins by at least 3 touchdowns because of better athletes and way better coaching. Only way Farmington stays in it is, if the refs help them at home

-- Posted by Ohweeohahaha on Tue, Aug 15, 2017, at 9:36 AM
  • I was at the Jefferson R7 jamboree as well.I thought hands down Pville looked the best all around. Freddy off. Struggled but did score 3 time on St. Clair.St. Clair ran their option looked pretty good. St. Claire's scored on Freddy D once, Pville score only once on Freddy D last play of the offence series. Jefferson scored 2x. Freddy scored once on Jefferson as well. Jefferson I thought took a few cheap shot on St. Clair and Pville destoried Jefferson offense. But that behind us ready for Kennett on Friday night.

-- Posted by Justablackcatfan on Tue, Aug 15, 2017, at 8:44 PM
  • Justablackcatfan - I was able to catch the last two scrimmages at Jefferson, after I watched the most of the first scrimmage at Festus High. First, Jackson and Farmington are gonna be pretty dang good. I only watched one scrimmage but they've got a good group. Secondly, I don't know if you had your eclipse glasses on or what, but Freddy struggled both scrimmages that I saw at the Jefferson Jamboree, imo. They didn't score against Jefferson and I believe they didn't get to the 20 yard line against them, while Jefferson scored twice. I was told when I got there R-7 scored 3 times against St. Clair. St. Clair did look good running the option. The Jefferson/Perryville scrimmage was fun to watch, just b/c it was so physical. Jefferson and Perryville both had TD's called back due to penalties. The one thing that I will agree with you is that Perryville was a very nice surprise. Their doing good things down there in Perry County. Best of luck to all teams in the SEMO area this Friday!

-- Posted by Gus_Belenski on Wed, Aug 16, 2017, at 6:36 AM
  • Gus - I said Freddy struggled on Off. You were correct Freddy did not score on R7. Defensively Freddy looked good. Fred/Pvill the only team that scored wad Pville on their last off play Pville 1 Freddy 0. Freddy/St.Clair Freddy 3 St.Clair 1. Freddy/F7 R7 2 Freddy 0. Pville did look the best hands down.

-- Posted by Justablackcatfan on Wed, Aug 16, 2017, at 7:50 AM
  • I believe Farmington is for real. I'm not saying, however, they can beat Jackson. But don't be shocked if they do.

-- Posted by taxpayer parent on Wed, Aug 16, 2017, at 8:23 AM
  • September can't come fast enough. It won't be like the walk in the park as last year. Good luck to your Indians this season. The Knights will see you in September on the field!!!!!!

-- Posted by footballdadfarmington on Wed, Aug 16, 2017, at 7:46 PM
  • Sorry but it comes down to Jackson and Poplar Bluff. Hope you have a great season though.

-- Posted by Forrest Gump on Thu, Aug 17, 2017, at 2:32 AM
  • How tough will Kennett be this year? I figure with the new coach and lots of kids quitting they will be down.

-- Posted by Pville.dawg on Fri, Aug 18, 2017, at 9:32 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: