High School Football Forum: Any team over here that would compete with Lamar?

Posted by SWMOisbetter on Sun, Oct 16, 2016, at 4:25 PM:

Friendly Tiger fan here. Just curious if anyone would like to discuss class 2, and if anyone but MVH (Liberty Mountain View) would compete with Lamar?

Replies (28)

• Sink bait but there's no cat fish here. keep casting

-- Posted by 4REAL on Mon, Oct 17, 2016, at 7:22 AM

No. truly curious I figured if anyone knew it would be you guys. But I'll ask elsewhere than. Thanks anyways.

-- Posted by SWMOisbetter on Mon, Oct 17, 2016, at 7:27 AM
  • No there isn't

-- Posted by yaeger on Mon, Oct 17, 2016, at 7:34 AM

The only teams I'm hearing about at all are Malden, Trinity, and Liberty Moutain View.

-- Posted by SWMOisbetter on Mon, Oct 17, 2016, at 7:38 AM

OK, I don't know who you might be, but last I checked, Malden competed with Lamar and Caruthersville competed with Lamar, as well. Those are the only SEMO teams that we have played. Just exactly what are you looking for with this post?

-- Posted by LHSTiger81 on Mon, Oct 17, 2016, at 8:06 AM
  • Maybe Mizzou at home

-- Posted by heshootshescores on Mon, Oct 17, 2016, at 8:12 AM

What I'm looking for? I kinda stated it in my post did I not? And when did I say nobody can compete? I'm asking around seeing besides the schools I mentioned, could or would compete with Lamar. I'm not sure who I'm speaking to as well? It is sports thread where conversations could be had right? Wait I'm I in the wrong place? Sigh....

-- Posted by SWMOisbetter on Mon, Oct 17, 2016, at 8:12 AM

Not looking for scarcasm. Thanks

-- Posted by SWMOisbetter on Mon, Oct 17, 2016, at 8:14 AM
  • Lamar has nothing to worry about over here

-- Posted by yaeger on Mon, Oct 17, 2016, at 8:35 AM

Just my opinion but crap posts like this are what give our team and town a bad name! It could have been worded a whole lot better and not made it sound like you think Lamar is unstoppable and already in the championship because we are not! There are lots of good C2 teams this year and our boys are going to have to focus on one game at a time to be able to make it to the ship. It's not going to be an easy road either.

-- Posted by LamarTigerFan on Mon, Oct 17, 2016, at 8:50 AM
  • As good as Lamar is, their fans are probably the best bunch I have ran into.

-- Posted by Coachken on Mon, Oct 17, 2016, at 9:31 AM
  • Lamar rolls no worries.

-- Posted by 4REAL on Mon, Oct 17, 2016, at 9:43 AM
  • Maybe class 5 Jackson. That's about it.

-- Posted by Oldschool15 on Mon, Oct 17, 2016, at 10:00 AM

My apologies to SEMO fans! I had a family member (who has followed SEMOball for a few years) read my post and they agreed... Worded poorly! I got a dirty look!!! Not new to following hs football but I am new to posting about it. I now know Liberty isn't discussed much on SEMO and the respect built between Lamar and teams in the East was dinged by the way I asked what I did. NOT MY INTENT! I have also enjoyed interacting with fans from the East the last few years and feel badly that I came across the way I did. Saw some Trinity guys at Valle a few weeks ago and started reading up on them. I always follow the young men from Malden now. I think I asked about Liberty first because they are closer to home. I will try to be a better poster in future. That's what I get for posting... Should have just kept reading! Enjoy the playoffs football fans!

-- Posted by SWMOisbetter on Mon, Oct 17, 2016, at 10:01 AM
  • No harm; No foul. Its great that you all can have such a high level respect for each other and for other teams as well. 1st class supporters in my book!

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Mon, Oct 17, 2016, at 10:17 AM
  • Cmon fellow semoballers, cut him some slack, his question is pretty harmless compared to true trolls. I agree that only Class 5 Jackson and perhaps Bluff would hang with Lamar. Good luck to Lamar, a class act!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Oct 17, 2016, at 11:18 AM
  • Ciri I think he retracted his statement because he brought up only MT V L and Trinity Catholic to see if they would be the only ones "or if there were any others" who would meet Lamar. I knew what he was getting at and didn't think that he was overlooking anyone but it doesn't surprise me as classy as most Lamar fans are that he would retract it and explain what he meant. But yes I've seen much more trollish posts on here especially this year.

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Mon, Oct 17, 2016, at 11:51 AM
  • It's tough when you can't hear emotion on things you type!! I find myself writing and re-writing post a lot. LoL Takes a big person to come out and admit they were wrong.

-- Posted by LHSTigerFan on Mon, Oct 17, 2016, at 2:32 PM

tigers23, out of respect for these semo folks, I was initially thinking it was somebody trying to stir up junk. Now, I've been known to stir a little in the past, but I try to keep it light hearted. It's not above people to create a screen name and intentionally cause problems and not even be from that school. Hence, my initial question. You clarified and as far as I'm concerned, it's merely a matter of misunderstanding your intent. it's all good.

-- Posted by LHSTiger81 on Mon, Oct 17, 2016, at 2:59 PM

I've typed lots of things that sounded ok in my head but don't read well when typed out. Thanks for the clarification and having good intent! I really enjoy coming on here and reading up on the east side and appreciate the nice things most say about our Tigers. They are very hospitable folks and I like to think that we are too.

-- Posted by LamarTigerFan on Mon, Oct 17, 2016, at 3:26 PM

Sorry for any confusing everyone!

-- Posted by SWMOisbetter on Mon, Oct 17, 2016, at 3:33 PM

No worries! It happens but takes a big person to admit the mistake and own it! Thanks again for the clarification!

-- Posted by LamarTigerFan on Mon, Oct 17, 2016, at 3:54 PM

I've been "only reading" for years tigers23. I thoroughly enjoy keeping up with everyone but have been nervous about stepping into the ring. You have inspired me! Keep posting everyone.

-- Posted by FleaFlicker on Mon, Oct 17, 2016, at 4:01 PM
  • Lamar's competition will come from Mid Missouri, like South Callaway, before anything from SEMO

-- Posted by Bigdaddy34 on Tue, Oct 18, 2016, at 9:00 AM
  • I saw Lamar against Valle. In my opinion Lamar would beat any team in the SEMO area regardless of class, including Jackson and Poplar Bluff. I was supremely impressed, as I knew I would be. The thrashing they handed Valle was just unreal. Jackson is the best team in the SEMO area in my opinion and I think they would score on Lamar with their passing attack, but I don't think they could score enough and I don't think they would ever stop Lamar. I also saw Lamar a couple years ago against Malden in a semifinal game at Malden. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think this year's Lamar team is better. But again, it's just my opinion in one game that I saw.

-- Posted by semohoops on Tue, Oct 18, 2016, at 9:37 AM

That's quite a statement hoops ... Jackson is Class 5???!!!

-- Posted by FleaFlicker on Tue, Oct 18, 2016, at 9:56 AM
  • I agree that Lamar is capable of beating Class 5 Jackson and Bluff. But I also think the games would be competitive, Jackson would probly be the only team with a chance of pulling outta win. SEMO is hoops country, we just dont match up well with the beasts out west.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Oct 18, 2016, at 10:30 AM
  • I understand FleaFlicker. I've seen Jackson as well. I don't think Lamar would turbo clock them. Like I said, I think Jackson would score, but wouldn't be able to stop them. Lamar 42, Jackson 35

-- Posted by semohoops on Tue, Oct 18, 2016, at 11:47 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: