High School Football Forum: District Champion

Posted by Boogin77 on Wed, Oct 12, 2016, at 10:14 AM:

Class 1 - Valle

Class 2 - Malden

Class 3 - Park Hills Central

Class 4 - Farmington

Class 5 - Jackson

Replies (26)

• Pretty much agree with the predictions except I think Class 4 is more wide open. Hillsboro looks real good. Farmington lost by 1 in OT to Cape Central and only beat Sikeston by less than a TD. Not to mention an ok at times DeSoto team could be the dark horse.

-- Posted by mojo3 on Wed, Oct 12, 2016, at 11:01 AM
  • I Think SG wins class 3 dist 1 and gets smoked by Lutheran North in the quarters!

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Wed, Oct 12, 2016, at 11:14 AM
  • Lutheran North is in Class 2, so I guess they have as much a chance of playing in the quarters as Ste Gen does of beating Park Hills lol.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Wed, Oct 12, 2016, at 11:15 AM

Good point about Class 4, Mojo. I wouldn't even count out Cape or Sikeston either in that district. Only team in that district I'm pretty sure won't win it is Perryville.

-- Posted by WWE Guru on Wed, Oct 12, 2016, at 2:37 PM
  • Farmington Hillsboro and Cape would be the favorites. Which is crazy considering they're the 1, 2, and 7 seeds

-- Posted by Farmtown on Wed, Oct 12, 2016, at 2:57 PM
  • Week 10

1. Hillsboro (8-1) - 8. Perryville (1-8)

2. Farmington (6-3) - 7. Cape Central (4-5)

3. North County (6-3) - 6. Desoto (6-3)

4. Sikeston (5-4) - 5. Festus (5-4)

Week 11

1. Hillsboro (9-1) - Sikeston (6-4)

6. Desoto (7-3) - 7. Cape Central (5-5)

Week 12

1. Hillsboro (10-1) - 7. Cape Central (6-5)

Week 13

Hillsboro (11-1) - ?

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Wed, Oct 12, 2016, at 3:26 PM
  • Farmington could jump Hillsboro this week in the standings, and you just had Farmington as your favorite and now have them out in the first round in a span of 6 hours?

-- Posted by Farmtown on Wed, Oct 12, 2016, at 3:33 PM
  • Yep, deal with it.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Wed, Oct 12, 2016, at 4:04 PM

1- Valle....will score 200 points on a bunch of nobodies. Yay! Super fun! We're amazing! Donate money!

(Hayti, step up and show us something! Please!!!)

2- No idea, but probably Malden. Green teams are usually pretty good.

3- Park Hills....they will either barely win by a stroke of dumb luck, or they will destroy their opponent by 50. It all depends on which offense shows up....and whether or not they eat extra buttery popcorn before the game.

4- Farmington....they've got that one kid and that other kid that scores alot. They run the football and they have shoes that make them super fast.

5 - Jackson...just because their helmets look cool and I am really big into Native American culture.

-- Posted by zachattack II on Wed, Oct 12, 2016, at 5:23 PM
  • Lutheran North, lol. WTF bg.

-- Posted by Kzar on Wed, Oct 12, 2016, at 5:51 PM
  • Boogin lol

-- Posted by yaeger on Wed, Oct 12, 2016, at 6:18 PM
  • I would bet Cape finishes higher than the 7 seed (probably the 5 seed) and Festus falls down to the 7th seed after week 9 is in the books. Hillsboro, Farmington, Sikeston, Cape Central all have a legitimate shot at winning that district. It's going to be fun to watch how this district unfolds.

-- Posted by Gus_Belenski on Wed, Oct 12, 2016, at 6:25 PM
  • I could see Festus falling to the 7 seed, but kind of doubt it they'll get extra points for playing up this week, which should help them. They beat Desoto head to head so they could leapfrog them.

Festus is dangerous, they won't beat Bluff, but they could play spoiler to every team in this district.

-- Posted by Boogin77 on Wed, Oct 12, 2016, at 7:04 PM
  • Good point. The only two seeds that I believe will be a lock are the #3 seed NC (b/c I think they will beat Freddy & stay where they are) and the #8 seed in Perryville. Everything else has the potential to be completely different after the games friday compared to where it was before the games.

It could go:

1. Hillsboro

2. Farmington

3. NC

4. Sikeston

5. Cape

6. Festus (b/c they will flip Desoto)

7. Desoto

8. Perryville

Semis:

Hillsboro vs. Cape Central

Farmington vs. Festus

Finals:

Cape Central vs. Farmington (B/c IMO Semo Conf is that much better than the conf that Hillsboro is in. Cape's schedule is hands down better than Hillsboro)

Champion:

Farmington

Best of luck to everyone. This district is easily the most interesting in southeast missouri.

-- Posted by Gus_Belenski on Wed, Oct 12, 2016, at 8:42 PM
  • What would it take for Sikeston to overcome the 0.16 Gap behind N. County to become the 3rd seed. N. County probably gets a +13 win over 2 win Fredericktown and Sikeston would have to win at 7 win Park Hills, but by how much?

-- Posted by theprof on Fri, Oct 14, 2016, at 10:36 AM
  • Lutheran South! Oops I'm just use to saying North!

-- Posted by Bleed Green 2 on Fri, Oct 14, 2016, at 11:20 AM
  • I can promise you this, North County is praying to not get put with Cape Central in first round. Cape Central would likely annihilate Raiders. North County will be 3 seed and others are hoping they end up with 6 seed. North County wants none of Cape Central or Sikeston.

-- Posted by Only facts on Fri, Oct 14, 2016, at 11:33 AM
  • Excuse my ignorance, but are the hosts for districts determined by seed or what? I'm just trying to figure out where to see some of these upcoming district games for SEMO teams

-- Posted by semo501 on Sat, Oct 15, 2016, at 2:34 AM
  • Now that we pretty much know district seeds.

Class 1: Valle over Hayti but very interesting matchup.

Class 2: Malden over Caruthersville in a good one. Class 3: PHC over Kennett in another good game.

Class 4: Wow, could be Farmington, Cape, Sikeston, or Hillsboro. Other teams up north aren't very good. I will say Sikeston over Farmington. #20 being back for Sikeston makes BIG difference.

Class 5: Jackson over Vianney.

Just making predictions for fun. Should be all great championships games. Gonna have some blowouts on the way there though. Class 4 D1 is gonna be real interesting..

-- Posted by Only facts on Sat, Oct 15, 2016, at 7:26 AM
  • Here are the standing after last nights games in Class 4, Perryville plays today but will not effect these.

Farmington 6-3 41.98

Hillsboro 7-2 41.27

Sikeston 6-3 38.52

North Cty. 6-3 37.54

Cape 4-5 33.90

Festus 5-4 32.91

Desoto 5-4 32.12

Perryville 1-7 17.15

Here are Calprep predictions for Sikeston and Cape

SHS-FESTUS 31-19

SHS-HILLSBORO 26-28

CAPE-NC 34-17

CAPE-FARM 35-31

SHS-CAPE 20-21

SHS-FARM 27-28

Could not be closer based on these numbers.

-- Posted by SHS59 on Sat, Oct 15, 2016, at 8:44 AM
  • NC will be a blowout. Which ever team wins will win big.

I believe NC is 6-1 with their starting RB 0-2 without him now. I don't know how many TDs he had the last game (at least two) but has at least 22 TDs since coming back from injury.

They have been a different team with him.

that being said its going to be a scary game.

-- Posted by NCFan on Sat, Oct 15, 2016, at 10:20 PM
  • NC will not beat CC if that is the way it ends up.

The winner of this district, injuries not withstanding, will be either Sikeston or CC.

-- Posted by BTIndians on Sun, Oct 16, 2016, at 3:33 AM

Class 1 - Hatyi

Class 2 - Malden

Class 4 - Farmington

Class 5 - Jackson

-- Posted by SWMOisbetter on Sun, Oct 16, 2016, at 5:04 PM

I am pulling for Hayti, PHC and Sikeston.

-- Posted by zachattack II on Sun, Oct 16, 2016, at 6:00 PM
  • Valle

Cville

PHC

Farmington

Vianney

-- Posted by Farmtown on Sun, Oct 16, 2016, at 9:38 PM

Class 1 - Hatyi

Class 2 - Malden

Class 4 - Sikeston

Class 5 - Jackson