Sikeston

Parkway West

Vashon

SCW

Borgia

Webb City

Bolivar

Lafayette

Really strong top half of the bracket and then there are two or three pretty good teams in the bottom half of the bracket.

-- Posted by Bunk on Mon, Mar 7, 2016, at 8:53 AM

Sikeston

Parkway West

Vashon

St. Charles West

St. Francis Borgia

Webb City

Bolivar

Lafayette

Final 4:

SIKESTON

VASHON

SF BORGIA

LAFAYETTE

-- Posted by Haterade on Mon, Mar 7, 2016, at 9:03 AM

Stuart your jumping the gun on my pick em's haha. At least we know who your picks will be when it comes to the Final 4 pick em's. I agree bunk the top half is pretty loaded and just think what the bottom would have been like if Rolla hadn't been beaten. Plus I apologize to everyone this should be titled Sectional pick em's not quarterfinals.

-- Posted by Sports Rat on Mon, Mar 7, 2016, at 9:08 AM

I called the Borgia... I and just pretty sure this is how it will fall!!!

I could be wrong, IT'S HAPPENED ONCE, about the outcome of these games.

-- Posted by Haterade on Mon, Mar 7, 2016, at 9:45 AM

I agree you did call the borgia game when it was only in the semi's of the district tournament.

-- Posted by Sports Rat on Mon, Mar 7, 2016, at 9:57 AM

Class 4 Boys Quarterfinal Bracket Challenge

Posted by Sports Rat on Mon, Mar 7, 2016, at 8:20 AM:

Another just for fun pick em's.

Sikeston

Parkway West

Vashon

St. Charles West

St. Francis Borgia

Glendale

Bolivar

Lafayette

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Mon, Mar 7, 2016, at 10:52 AM

It is a real shame Vashon and Sikeston are on the same side of the bracket because no matter people say they both had the toughest test on the district level in the championship round. I'm interested in this Ridgeview Gardens team. Where the heck did they come from? It looks like they played less than 20 games and didn't start playing till December. Also it looks like they lost a bunch of close games early and have put it together and beat some decent teams and a really good team in Jennings.

-- Posted by Bunk on Mon, Mar 7, 2016, at 11:22 AM

It is a shame because if Sikeston and Vashon make it to COMO like they are expected to, that should be the state championship game not one of the SEMI's. From what I have heard about Riverview is they had some kids that weren't eligible until second semester.

-- Posted by Sports Rat on Mon, Mar 7, 2016, at 12:09 PM

Awww that would explain it.

-- Posted by Bunk on Mon, Mar 7, 2016, at 12:15 PM
  • Sikeston

West

Vashon

Kirksville

Borgia

Glendale

South

Lafayette

-- Posted by PBMuleFan on Mon, Mar 7, 2016, at 12:16 PM

Riverview Gardens is actually 16-10. They have gotten better lately because they had two transfers at the semester. One is 6'9" Jason Draggs, who is very athletic. (He's the brother of former McCluer North and Arkansas Razorback star, BJ Young.) The other transfer is a guard named Hamilton, who apparently can shoot.

-- Posted by unclegrubworm on Mon, Mar 7, 2016, at 12:16 PM

Yeah I have heard they are a very very athletic team now that everyone is eligible. Could be an interesting match up for Vashon.

-- Posted by Sports Rat on Mon, Mar 7, 2016, at 1:28 PM

It should be a dandy game. Riverview also has 6'7" Zeke Moore, the coach's son, who is a SLU commit.

-- Posted by unclegrubworm on Mon, Mar 7, 2016, at 1:44 PM
  • Sikeston

Parkway West

Vashon

St. Charles West

Helias

Glendale

Bolivar

Lafayette

-- Posted by semo7178 on Mon, Mar 7, 2016, at 5:49 PM
  • Sikeston

Lutheran South

Riverview

St. Charles West

Borgia

Webb City

Raytown South

Lafayette

-- Posted by semo501 on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 12:30 AM

Sikeston

Parkway West

Vashon

St. Charles West

Helias

Glendale

Raytown South

Lafayette

-- Posted by Lippy Radeck on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 8:28 AM
  • I see that maybe one person has picked Lutheran South over Parkway West. I have to tell you, I've seen Parkway West play twice and they are not that good.

I don't know a lot about Lutheran South, but would bet on them to upset Parkway West.

If Parkway West wins this game, I just don't see them beating anyone else.

-- Posted by Slammer on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 9:19 AM

Parkway west is a lot more athletic than people give them credit for. Yes they may not beat Vashon or Riverview in the Quarters but they are good enough to beat Lutheran South without a doubt.

-- Posted by Sports Rat on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 9:42 AM
  • I've seen Parkway West too. Just because they aren't flying around throwing alley-oops and scoring 85 points per game doesn't mean they aren't good. They are methodical, patient, precise, and hard to score against. They are 24-4 for Pete's sake. They are doing something right. They beat Jennings at Jennings by 12. They have a 6-8 Division I recruit and size all over the floor. Believe me, whoever wins the Sikeston-Ste. Gen game will have their hands completely full in the quarterfinals.....that is, if Parkway West can get past Lutheran South.

-- Posted by semohoops on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 10:22 AM
  • I saw Webster Groves dismantle Parkway West earlier this year, something like 50 to 29. I also saw them lose to Hazelwood Central in the Meramec Tournament. Not impressed in either game. Yes, they have the 6'8" player, but I have seen teams stop him with 6'4" players. They had a tough time with full court pressure.

I believe their game against Lutheran South will be tougher than most people anticipate. They'll probably win it, but closer than people realize. Lutheran South is something like 21-6, so they must be doing something right as well.

-- Posted by Slammer on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 10:49 AM

What's your take on parkway west unclegrubworm?

-- Posted by SHS BUM 21 on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 11:01 AM

Here is an article on the game preview between Lutheran South and Parkway West

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/high-school/boys-basketball/lutheran-south-lancer...

-- Posted by Sports Rat on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 11:11 AM
  • Parkway West will give the dogs fits, that is if Sikeston wins tonight. They play a very slow paced game as you see the scores indicate. I do not think the big man's size will effect Sikeston at all. Sikeston plays a matchup zone and they are very athletic to help on defense if they have trouble. The problem Sikeston will have is staying patient on defense. Parkway West will slow this game down to a crawl and Sikeston will have to remember their assignments and not try and do too much. If they let the game come to them they should win. Parkway West will have to speed the game up if they fall behind by too much. That all depends on Sikeston three point shooters. Dyes and Thatch have been unbelievable this second half of the season. Nelson has been non existent. If he finds his stroke again, I think Vashon will have a hard time beating Sikeston. I have seen Vashon play. They are SCARY good. However, when Sikeston is on, they will not be beaten. That has yet to be seen in a long time.

Furthermore, I did notice watching the game on the cube thing, that the freshman they have been playing is quite good. The one that hasn't played much all year. As I was watching that game, I starting thinking of a possible lineup against Vashon that could be dangerous.

Jones, Dyes, Thatch, Kimball, and that other freshman. That group would be dangerous. That other kid just needs more playing time. I read on another post that Sikeston could be better next year. I certainly agree with that statement. This team is loaded with underclass man.

-- Posted by Redsandguy on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 11:13 AM
  • Sikeston will have no trouble with anyone but maybe Vashon. Vashon has Sikeston in their minds and are nervous about playing them. This will be a game that will be fun to watch. I hope we are not disappointed by an upset of one of these teams, but I just don't see that happening.

-- Posted by Slammer on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 11:25 AM
  • Webster groves and hazelwood central would make a lot of teams look bad. I hope you're right slammer but I foresee parkway west posing lots of problems. We shall see.

-- Posted by semohoops on Tue, Mar 8, 2016, at 11:35 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: