High School Basketball Forum: Sikeston Vs Charleston

Posted by Mr.Nice_Guy24 on Fri, Jan 8, 2016, at 6:13 PM:

Thoughts on who wins and who going to be the MVP of the game??

Sikeston over Charleston 90-55

Fred thatch and Dominic dyes going to be to much to handle....

Replies (15)

• Sikeston,can't go wrong with that pick. I do not see Sikeston losing a regular season game.

-- Posted by bluffguy697 on Fri, Jan 8, 2016, at 8:08 PM
  • Red Dogs- 88

Blue Jays- 65

MVP- Marshawn West

-- Posted by Gimme a bag of corn on Fri, Jan 8, 2016, at 8:36 PM
  • I feel the same way sikeston is to loaded for anybody to keep up with.. Playoffs will be very interesting..

-- Posted by Mr.Nice_Guy24 on Fri, Jan 8, 2016, at 8:36 PM
  • Final: Sikeston 81 Charleston 62. Maybe a bit closer than expected.

-- Posted by bluffguy697 on Fri, Jan 8, 2016, at 8:51 PM
  • Charleston much improved since last time and Sikeston had to fight for that win. Tuesday night they play Carbondale and I bet that will be a tough game, maybe even a loss they beat us last year I'm thinking

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Jan 8, 2016, at 9:29 PM
  • Good game kinda awkward but very exciting and intense game. Sikeston took Charleston's initial punch and took a big lead 2nd quarter on a big run. Jays came out and cut it to 7 with about 2&change left but 3straight possessions jays,turned it over which sealed it. Charleston played harder this time they seemed more locked in, Sikeston didnt shoot it as well as they did in the first game but they hit timely back breaking 3's but turned it over alot tonight. I'd love to see a 3rd meeting but Sikeston won both rivalry games this yr. Idk if Sikeston will lose or not but Carbondale is and proven to be a tough out for Sikeston the last 2yrs, last yr was a blowout so it'll be interesting.

-- Posted by Defensive Ace on Fri, Jan 8, 2016, at 9:52 PM
  • I didn't think we shot it particularly well, but Charleston had something to do with that. We won by 20 (basically) and I don't think we played near our best. Again, Charleston had something to do with that....

This game is a rivalry and you KNEW (at least I did) that Charleston wouldn't come out flat. They got up early, but the Dogs made a run and never trailed. I wasn't expecting a turbo clock, but I was expecting the Dogs to prevail.

Charleston improved since the first meeting. They are going to be a tough out in Class 3.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Fri, Jan 8, 2016, at 9:57 PM
  • Carbondale will be a handful Tuesday night. The Dogs better be ready to go from the tip...

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Fri, Jan 8, 2016, at 9:58 PM
  • Any one knows how good Carbondale is this year do they have a lot back from last year or what's going on

-- Posted by Mr.Nice_Guy24 on Fri, Jan 8, 2016, at 10:21 PM

Carbondale is tough this year again. Darius Beane, Unree Westley, and Kani Acree are a few of their better players.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Fri, Jan 8, 2016, at 10:37 PM
  • Didn't they barely beat Jackson this year? I believe it was at the beginning of the year though but still.

-- Posted by Redsandguy on Fri, Jan 8, 2016, at 10:48 PM
  • The Jackson-Carbondale game was our first and it was close.

Maybe Jackson is gonna be ok this year!

I expect Sikeston to win.

-- Posted by IndianPride on Fri, Jan 8, 2016, at 10:55 PM
  • Congrats to Sikeston on the win. Charleston is much improved, but I expected that.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Sat, Jan 9, 2016, at 6:45 AM
  • Where is the Carbondale/Sikeston game?

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Sat, Jan 9, 2016, at 6:56 AM
  • The game is at Carbondale.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Sat, Jan 9, 2016, at 7:11 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: