High School Basketball Forum: Christmas Tourney. Comparisons

Posted by Hightops on Fri, Dec 12, 2014, at 1:09 PM:

Alot has been made in the past about these 2 tournaments . Which one is better , ect ect.

I think each has claim to that.

No one can dispute the better teams are in the SEMO tourney ( top 5 or 6 ). But I personally think there are other considerations.

I dont think one is better than the other, its just an opinion of what each individual is looking for.

The Bloomfield Tourney has the environment, the old gym, with all the history that has been in there. The crowds are smaller , but you couldnt tell because its always full. Some of these smaller schools never have crowds like this to play in front of. The crowd is so close to the action, it just makes for a great basketball environment. The Show me center is more comfortable to watch a game in, so it has its advantages also.

I think the games in Bloomfield are more competitive, because theres not as big of a difference in talent level as the SEMO tournament.

But on the last night, it would be hard to beat the games at SEMO with powerhouses playing.

SO I guess the comparisons are endless, but it just comes down to they both are fun, the both have advantages. I think we are fortunate to have both these great tournaments in our backyard !!!

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: