High School Basketball Forum: Stoddard County Tournament Seedings Released

Posted by drawmules on Sat, Jan 16, 2010, at 11:33 PM:

The seedings for the 85th Annual Stoddard County Tournament have been released.

The top seed in this year's varsity bracket, Bernie, has not won the tournament since 1996. The second seed, Dexter, is the defending champion.

First round games will take place on Jan. 25 and Jan. 26. Semifinal games will be played on Jan. 28. Championship round games will be played on Jan. 29.

Here are the seedings for this year's tournament:

Varsity

1. Bernie

2. Dexter

3. Richland

4. Advance

5. Bloomfield

6. Bell City

7. Puxico

8. Woodland

Junior Varsity

1. Dexter

2. Bloomfield

3. Bernie

4. Puxico

5. Advance

6. Bell City

7. Woodland

8. Richland

Any thoughts on this year's tournament?

Replies (6)

• Note: The championship games in the junior varsity and varsity divisons will be aired live on Channel 21 and yhctv.com on Jan. 29.

-- Posted by drawmules on Sat, Jan 16, 2010, at 11:49 PM
  • Have I heard right that SE MISSOURIAN Christmas Tournament All tournament team selection, Luke Steil is no longer on the Advance squad? Also, heard that there were two more players from that squad are also out or off the team as well? Not trying to spread rumors, just heard a lot of talk and was curious. This would explain why Richland is seeded above Advance.

If true, this really hurts Advance's chances in an already really tough district (Bernie, Oak Ridge, Oran, Meadow Heights). What say you, drawmules.

-- Posted by semoballfan1 on Mon, Jan 18, 2010, at 12:39 PM
  • semoballfan1

I feel one team we may have overlooked in this district is Oran. I have not had the opportunity to watch Meadown Heights and Oran this season. I am going to try to get a look at these teams sooner than later. Feel free to join me for a farther discussion about this district tournament on the District Rankings forum. The link is listed below.

http://semoball.com/forums/highschoolbasketball/thread/831

-- Posted by drawmules on Mon, Jan 18, 2010, at 2:40 PM
  • Here is a link to the Stoddard County Tournament brackets:

http://www.bernie.k12.mo.us/admin/SCAA%20BB2010.pdf

-- Posted by drawmules on Mon, Jan 18, 2010, at 2:54 PM
  • Any thoughts on the Stoddard County Tournament? Richland is playing their best basketball of the season RIGHT NOW. I think they are a legitimate contender to win this tournament. Richland's coach would get my vote for Coach of the Year in this conference if I got a vote. Don't count out the Rebels next week. I just love to watch teams that shoot the ball well. Richland is the hottest shooting team in Stoddard County heading into this tournament.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Jan 22, 2010, at 1:45 PM
  • One more thought. Snow is in the forecast for Thursday and Friday next week. It should be interesting to see how weather impacts the semifinals and the finals.

-- Posted by drawmules on Fri, Jan 22, 2010, at 1:52 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: