High School Basketball Forum: Sikeston vs. MRH

Posted by bjkl_97 on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 11:52 AM:

So we've heard of Maplewood missing 3 players when they played NMCC, are they going to return tonight against Sikeston? Predictions/scores? Whatcha think about tonight's matchup?

Replies (40)

• Think their coach said 2 players will be back so without seeing them I wouldn't have a clue . But the team better play better than Wednesday night.

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 12:24 PM
  • It's also snowing really hard right now in St. Louis my sister says so be careful to who all is going.

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 12:39 PM
  • I predict MRH wins this one at home. 5 point spread.

-- Posted by bball79 on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 1:16 PM
  • The Bulldogs look like they're headed on a downward spiral. Rocket & Bro need to take their pompoms on the road & get the Dogs fired up!!

-- Posted by BigCat on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 2:54 PM
  • We will see what they're made of. They played poorly vs ND and a week later played much better in the second matchup. Always hard to predict how kids'll respond after a tough loss but theyve responded well in the past. This game's a complete unknown since three significant MRH players were on bench for the shootout game.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 3:11 PM
  • I think the Fredricktown game hurt their energy level. They were just not ready to play against Charleston.

This will be a good test for them.

GO DAWGS!

-- Posted by PManning_is$$$$$ on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 5:08 PM
  • Downward spiral? They've lost 2 games all year and 1 of those was at the first of the year and against Charleston its always up in the air who wins because its a big rivalry both teams usually play hard.

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 5:11 PM

BigCat I'm sorry but that was dumb.

-- Posted by Bunk on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 5:28 PM
  • Omg! Corey playing slow ball?? I know Coach Mac didn't teach him that. Glad I'm not there I'd be bored

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 6:21 PM
  • I don't know which players were not playing last Saturday, but I'm sure they are playing tonight.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 6:40 PM
  • Radio says only 1 player not playing and that's their second leading scorer

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 6:43 PM
  • Rocket, we have a good crowd there?

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 6:44 PM
  • The only senior that played last week was # 12 so if more is playing then that's them. # 12 and # 50 were their top players last week

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 6:46 PM
  • Shs 60-43

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 7:20 PM

What quarter TFA?

-- Posted by Bunk on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 7:40 PM
  • Sorry that was final

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 7:43 PM

Well I don't know much about Maplewood but I think this is a good win for the dogs. Congrats!

-- Posted by SHS BUM 21 on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 7:45 PM

Varsity?

-- Posted by Bunk on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 7:45 PM

Yes

-- Posted by SHS BUM 21 on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 7:45 PM

It was a varsity only game also

-- Posted by SHS BUM 21 on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 7:46 PM

Woo! I thought the Bulldog were done right Dean? Wait I can't hear you Biglew? My receiver must not be picking you guys up?

-- Posted by Bunk on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 7:47 PM
  • Good win by Sikeston although MRH still had 2 of their top players out

-- Posted by runner50 on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 7:56 PM
  • I heard only 1 of their players but go ahead and slight us some I'm getting used to it

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 7:59 PM
  • Incorrect runner

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 8:01 PM
  • I believe all if their players were playing..

TFA...we probably had 50 people. Decent crowd for distance.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 8:01 PM
  • I couldn't make it. My niece was being born and Mrs. Rocketsbro said I had to be there. Glad to hear the dogs are back on track though. Good win Dogs!

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 8:09 PM

NMCC was getting slighted for that all week, just get used to that TFA haha.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 8:11 PM
  • Good effort tonight. Proud of my guys. Sikeston 3rd quarter run killed us. But we fought till the end. Blocker #50 was out tonight bruised hip from ucity game. MacDonald still out. Mathews #30 did play but not against NMCC. Taylor #10 also played but not against NMCC. Sikeston has a solid team. Their defense is their bread and butter. Better team won tonight. Congrats Sikeston. TFA. If u remember MAC ball was always low scoring. lol he hated high scoring games he wanted you to shut people down.

-- Posted by CHS2MRH on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 8:16 PM
  • I'm old I don't remember all that but I really hate slow ball glad it got faster after I posted that. Coach Mac was always a favorite on mine he shares my bday. Lol

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 8:20 PM
  • But the 2 that was back that didn't play against New Madrid were starters right? # 50 usually doesn't start anyway does he?

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 8:23 PM
  • 50 normally does. The two starters that didn't play vs NMCC where Taylor #10 and Macdonald our leading scorer. Macdonald didn't play tonight again and Taylor did. Mathews #30 was the other big who was out vs Nmcc. He comes off the bench. He started in #50 place tonight. MacDonald has missed three games due to academic policy. Let me say this. This is not the reason we lost.lol. Better team won. Hopefully at before playoffs I can see my complete team. Good luck to Sikeston the rest of the way. See you guys next year.

-- Posted by CHS2MRH on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 8:41 PM
  • Oh ok I had thought # 50 usually didn't start for some reason. I'm just impressed with remembering # 12 and 50 from ya playing New Madrid I have a bad memory but I remembered them. See ya next year

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 8:44 PM
  • Classy posts MRH, kuddos.

-- Posted by ihateAZ on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 9:31 PM
  • I remember several games where Mac's teams scored in the 40s or 50s, while the opposition would me in the 20s (or less!) or 30s!

-- Posted by semo7178 on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 9:34 PM

So lets just get this straight before someone brings it up. Two players played tonight that didn't against NMCC. One bench player and one starter, but the leading scorer was still out. Some people were acting like the game would have a different outcome if the starter and bench player played (and I'm not saying you did CHS). So I still don't think that would have changed a 23 point win.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 9:41 PM
  • I wasn't thinking that Buck was just trying to figure out who the new ones were.

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 9:45 PM

Oh no that wasn't directed at you TFA, sorry if it seemed that way. Not directed at anyone in particular really. Just the person that comes along in the future with the whole "Sikeston played a totally different team" thing.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 9:57 PM
  • Oh ok did Willie really only scored 4 points tonight and ya still beat Cape? I just read that

-- Posted by TFA on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 10:02 PM

Yep! But he probably only took 4 shots, so it wasn't like he was shut down. They did double and triple team he every possession. I bet Coach Day is jumping with joy with how the rest of the team responded. I've said all year, we really are more than Willie. Although he prolly did have the most rebounds and a bunch of assists. Almost threw down a nasty tomahawk dunk on a Cape player too haha!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 10:10 PM

Great win Buck I mean by reading this blog they are 102-3 this year right?

-- Posted by Bunk on Fri, Jan 17, 2014, at 10:45 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: