High School Basketball Forum: mrh

Posted by mz259 on Wed, Feb 27, 2013, at 10:58 AM:

Coach Frazier do you know if your game will be online anywhere tonight?

Replies (15)

• It will be online foxsports midwest.

-- Posted by CHS2MRH on Wed, Feb 27, 2013, at 11:18 AM
  • -- Posted by Crash Davis on Wed, Feb 27, 2013, at 11:21 AM

I agree with your brown. While we played MRH in football this year I noticed that every one of their linemen except for 2 guys were graduating, and there was not much on the bench behind those guys. But they will just reload with local talent that moves about the school systems depending on that teams predicted success. I have the roster on hand and I will compare those guys if we meet up next year. I talked to a administrator while I was at that football game and they said some of those kids live right on the border of another schools zone and of course she said the kids always pick the schools because of academics and not athletics. Down here that would be frowned upon but in a heavily populated area its just part of the game.

-- Posted by wheresthebeef on Wed, Feb 27, 2013, at 12:08 PM
  • Payne played for Imagine Prep for 2 years. Then that school closed and became Madison Prep.

-- Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Wed, Feb 27, 2013, at 12:58 PM

Yes Madison is charter school, so anyone can attend there.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Feb 27, 2013, at 12:58 PM

If you look at about the top 20 high school seniors every year. It is surprisingly shocking to see a kid that has played at 1 high school for 4 years. Many of them start out local, and then attended a prep or charter school, and sometimes even another prep school after that.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Feb 27, 2013, at 1:01 PM
  • Coach Frazier, when your team played Normandy earlier in the season, were you missing some players?

-- Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Wed, Feb 27, 2013, at 1:09 PM

Are you going to the MRH-Madison game Brown!?

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Feb 27, 2013, at 1:25 PM
  • Well to be fair to Payne, he didn't really have a choice since Imagine Prep closed its doors. Madison opened and most of the students from Imagine switched over to Madison. Many others went elsewhere, including two of their studs to Soldan. Otherwise Madison would be even better than they are.

-- Posted by semohoops on Wed, Feb 27, 2013, at 1:31 PM
  • Don't know what 2 studs your talking about going to Soldan i only seen them play once but there wasn't anybody on that team that was any good. I think they only won like 7 or 8 games all season.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Wed, Feb 27, 2013, at 1:45 PM
  • Reddirt, No excuses. It was the day of my surgery. I still haven't see the game or even talked about it with my assistants. Also we had a player I suspended the game before out as well. But they beat us and thats all I know.lol. On another note, I saw Normandy over the summer and they are really athletic and stingy on defense. Avg height around 6'2.

-- Posted by CHS2MRH on Wed, Feb 27, 2013, at 1:53 PM
  • I don't know if they played or not. That's just what I heard. The two I'm speaking of are Emmanual Vaughn and Jeremiah Price. Both of them played really well in the quarterfinals against Sikeston last year.

-- Posted by semohoops on Wed, Feb 27, 2013, at 1:56 PM
  • I'm rooting for Maplewood!!! Then when they play Charleston well I'm going to have to root for Charleston. Sorry coach.

-- Posted by TFA on Wed, Feb 27, 2013, at 2:41 PM

Ah gotcha!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Feb 27, 2013, at 3:18 PM
  • Thanks Coach. Just wondering in case Sikeston faces them in the playoffs.

-- Posted by REDDIRT DOG on Wed, Feb 27, 2013, at 4:31 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: