1 Clearwater (19-3)

2 West County (15-9)

3 St. Pius X (Festus) (12-7)

4 Scott City (13-11)

5 Arcadia Valley (10-15)

6 Saxony Lutheran (9-15)

7 Jefferson (Festus) (8-14)

8 Woodland (4-17

I believe that C'water has a very good shot at winning Class 3 District 2, any thoughts?

Replies (83)

• I agree tooldogging. WC, Pius, SC, even Saxony, can be dangerous on any given night, but Clearwater is "clearly" the best team in the district. Where will it be held?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 1:57 PM
  • West County

-- Posted by tooldogging on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 2:04 PM
  • Saxony is the top seed on the girls side. They will embarrass the rest of this district.

-- Posted by grizzfan93 on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 3:43 PM
  • Grizzfan93, the Lady Crusaders better not sleep on either Clearwater or Woodland.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 3:46 PM
  • Your right Preach, if C'water's girls are playing well they are very tough, they have beaten some good teams this year. They hit a rough patch at the end of the season, but can still make some noise in districts.

-- Posted by tooldogging on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 4:24 PM
  • With that being said, Saxony is very good and has to be the favorite. I will be rooting for the Lady Tigers, but I am kind of biased being a C'water alum!

-- Posted by tooldogging on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 4:26 PM
  • SC should have been the 2 seed in this district. They have recently beat Saxony by 20 plus at Saxony if I remember correctly. Clearwater got hosed by SC being dropped to the 4

-- Posted by Areaguy on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 9:32 PM
  • On the girls side, Saxony will win easy, but they should have hoped Woodland and Clearwater were on the other side of the bracket. Woodland played them close for a 1/2 , and C'water beat Woodland at Woodland..so. However, Saxony is clearly the super favorite, and should get to the final four if the win the district based on common opponents.

-- Posted by Areaguy on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 9:35 PM
  • That district is weak Clearwater wins easy.

-- Posted by dickie v on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 9:59 PM
  • I think you are right, but I'll actually take SC as the dark horse!

-- Posted by Areaguy on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 10:01 PM
  • Saxony on the girls side shoud have no challengers

-- Posted by Areaguy on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 10:03 PM
  • Saxony Lutheran doesn't have a very good record, but if they show up to districts like they did Notre Dame, they can win this district.

-- Posted by semohoops01 on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 2:15 PM
  • I don't believe Clearwater even makes the finals. I would be even more confident of that if SC still had the roster from the beginning of the year. IMO SC beats Clearwater in the semis but goes down to the hometeam WC in the finals. If SC had the full compliment of players, and I know IF IF IF, they win this district fairly easily I think. Just my opinion people. I'm not downing any team, I just beleive SC was a bit better than the rest of the field based on strength of schedule. I could be wrong tho for sure.

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 2:21 PM
  • St. Pius is better than SC. It will be Pius vs Clearwater in finals.

-- Posted by NeverWasBeen on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 2:24 PM
  • Saxony girls defeated Woodland by 34 points in early January. I think the two teams meet up again this Wednesday. I watched Saxony play for the first time Friday night. Meadow Heights hung with them for awhile, but with Saxony's depth and intense play, they're just able to wear their opponents down.

-- Posted by countryfolk on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 2:26 PM
  • You could very well be right NeverWas. I haven't seen or even heard much about St Pius. As I said SC is very shorthanded now with only five upperclassmen.

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 2:30 PM
  • I still think WC will be tough at home however.

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 2:31 PM
  • I also agree with Areaguy. Saxony will be very tough in this district on the girls side.

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 2:32 PM
  • What is the seeding for the girls btw?

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 2:35 PM
  • Clearwater is not gonna like facing SC.

SC lost to a well respected Poplar Bluff team by 1.

-- Posted by UFO on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 2:53 PM
  • Scott City Plays: Leopold, Bernie, Oran, Advance, Scott County, Portageville, Poplar Bluff, Dexter, Oak Ridge and Chaffee

ClearWater Plays: E. Carter, Arcadia Valley, Lestervile, Winona, Southern Reynolds, South Iron and Naylor.

I'm sure they are a good team, however, I wonder how much they get tested.

The teams around Cape seem to beat up on each other through out the year.

-- Posted by UFO on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 3:12 PM
  • Does anyone know who Clearwater lost to on this schedule?

I bet, St. Pius is also well tested.

I also know Saxony has faced some tough teams.

-- Posted by UFO on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 3:57 PM
  • Clearwater is the class of the field. No matter who they play in this district. Don't see anybody that can beat them.IMO.

-- Posted by dickie v on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 4:08 PM
  • Clearwater had a similar record last year and didn't make the final.

-- Posted by Saderfan on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 5:33 PM
  • Dickie V,

We're all sure Clearwater is the "Class of the Field".

However, Who in the World did they lose to on this Schedule?

-- Posted by UFO on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 5:57 PM
  • I really know nothing about Clearwater except that they have an impressive record. I do agree however with UFO about SC being battle tested. The one problem I see with SC is the teams that UFO mentioned are a combined 11-3 against the Rams. Not too impressive but in the end I believe the Rams will win that semi final game just by way of playing a tougher schedule. Saderfan is also correct, the good record meant nothing last year.

SC beat WC last year in the semis by one point. I think everyone agrees, including me now with SC's depleted roster, SC was a much better team last year. I said before that game that a long bus ride after a long school day and then playing a good team on their home court won't be easy. Same goes for this year. IMO its WC's district to lose.

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 6:02 PM
  • Clearwater lost to eminence by 1, lost to south iron by 3 in championship of Arcadia valley thanksgiving tournament on a 3 at the buzzer, and lost by 3 in the regular season.

They have since beaten south iron by 6 in the championship of Black river league.

-- Posted by basketball21 on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 6:28 PM
  • Clearwater lost to south iron and park hills one game they lost they used there jv in the current river shoot out. The teams that beat them are liget . They should be just fine in that district don't see west county or scott city beating them. They should only have 2 loses not 3 .

-- Posted by dickie v on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 6:32 PM
  • They beat park hills in the thanksgiving tournament, and yeah I forgot about them using their jv at the current river shoot out

-- Posted by basketball21 on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 6:34 PM
  • That's right they beat park hills in the valley tournament. And park hills can beat the rest of the teams in this district . So I like Clearwater to win this district.

-- Posted by dickie v on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 6:39 PM
  • Clearwater has got a good chance in this district. Think tigers will move on.

-- Posted by Royal Flush on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 6:47 PM
  • Got it,

I understand now. It's Clearwater's J.V.'s fault they lost a Varsity game.

I'm sure there are some really good reasons for your other losses as well.

With this new Information I predict:

Clearwater falls in the Semi's (With or Without J.V. Participation) and Scott City, West County or St. Pius win the District.

-- Posted by UFO on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 6:57 PM
  • Clearwater lost 2 games to south iron and one to Emenince . That is some tuff loses. Still think they will win .

-- Posted by Royal Flush on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 7:28 PM
  • I've heard South Iron has a really good team this year. Have not heard anything about Emenince.

What Classifications are South Iron and Emenince in?

-- Posted by UFO on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 7:36 PM
  • South iron is 1a Emenince is 1a. Both very good . South iron beat carutherville saturday at trcc by 15 .

-- Posted by Royal Flush on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 7:49 PM
  • Yeah, heard Caruthersville is down this year. I believe they are 10-10.

Wonder if they played any J.V. against South Iron?

-- Posted by UFO on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 8:02 PM

I wonder if hayti thinks they are down that much i watched them beat hayti in the semi's of the bootheel confernce tourney!

-- Posted by porchswing on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 8:11 PM
  • Good Point Porchswing,

I agree. Hayti has been up and down all year.

Caruthersville is a solid 500 team.

-- Posted by UFO on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 8:19 PM

UFO,I think it shows how close alot of these teams are i love the debate.Uncle charlie has Hayti ranked number 1 in the small schools poll.C-ville beat them in conference tourney then hayti beats bernie and then c-ville beats cario and South Iron beats c-ville!It's hard keep up!

-- Posted by porchswing on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 8:26 PM
  • I agree.

However, Caruthersville is Class 3. Uncle Charlie's poll consist of Class 1 and Class 2 schools.

-- Posted by UFO on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 8:33 PM

Oh i know i was just saying how close alot of these teams are no matter what class except maybe the real good 4's and 5's

-- Posted by porchswing on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 8:35 PM
  • I will also say. SC has had a very up and down year.

Overall, I'm very proud of the team for the effort they've been putting out.

Bench is light, heart is strong.

Win or Lose in Districts, I expect SC to be a tough out!

-- Posted by UFO on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 8:39 PM

I believe that they played with Poplar Bluff i also think west county and st.pius will have a chance.

-- Posted by porchswing on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 8:44 PM
  • Ok, I know that all the folks on here think that no team west of Sikeston can possibly be any good, but there are some teams that actually do know how to play basketball. C'water lost to South Iron and Eminence by a total of 8 points and BOTH of those teams were ranked in the top ten of Class 1 all year. They also beat Park Hills Central, Twin Rivers, Doniphan twice, Winona twice (who are 1st in their Class 2 district),and Neelyville twice. Sure, they play some weak teams, but there are weak teams on every schedule. Yeah, they played their JV in a varsity shootout and lost, but I would say that most JV squads would lose to a varsity squad. It's not an excuse UFO, just facts. I realize that a lot of you know nothing about C'water, but you'll find out soon! I'm sure you want to see SC beat C'water, but maybe they should worry about getting past AV first. Ask someone who has seen C'water play before passing judgement. I bid SC good luck and all the other teams as well.

-- Posted by tooldogging on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 9:52 PM
  • I can also tell you that this years C'water Tigers are a lot better than last years squad. They are a quick and very unselfish team. Last years district has nothing to do with anything. All the teams are a lot different than last year. Last year, really???

-- Posted by tooldogging on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 9:56 PM
  • I'm sure all schools faced some weak competition through the year. However, I believe, schools around the Cape region faced far fewer.

Just seems the Western schools always come into Districts with these overblown records. A 19-3 western school could easily be 11-11 playing in the Cape Area in any given year.

The Cape Region only has two teams with records that compare to Clearwater's 19-3 record. Sikeston is 19-1 and Ranked #1 in Missouri Class 4. They play a brutal schedule with teams from Southeast Missouri and St. Louis.

Charleston is 19-3. They are defending Class 3 State Champs and have played: North Little Rock, AR. class 5, Sikeston (Twice) Class 4, Jackson Class 5, Poplar Bluff Class 5, Cape Central Class 4, Notre Dame Class 4, Dyer County, TN. Class 3/4, Kennett Class 4, Dexter Class 4, Portageville and New Madrid Class 3.

However, I realize geography often dictates schedules and Districts offers each team the opportunity to validate it's Record and talents.

Looking forward to seeing if Clearwater's 19-3 record is legit or a Paper Tiger.

Good luck to all Teams.

-- Posted by UFO on Sun, Feb 10, 2013, at 11:57 PM

You forgot Leopold, UFO.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Feb 11, 2013, at 12:00 AM
  • And Oran

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Mon, Feb 11, 2013, at 1:43 AM
  • You know what, that's fine. I really don't care if you think C'waters' record is "overblown" or not. Fact is, you have not seen them play and are obviously biased toward what you call "Semoball" schools. You and I have no idea what their record would be if they played more "Semoball" schools. You can go ahead and downgrade C'water's accomplishments all you want to. I have not commented on any teams record or who they play, I think C'water's play will speak for itself. Anyway, good luck to all of the teams.

-- Posted by tooldogging on Mon, Feb 11, 2013, at 1:43 PM
  • on the guys side, SC and Saxony always have rough looking records becuase the talent they play against in WAY above what clearwater and West County typically play.

The Saxony guys have the skill to compete in this district. Their problem is that they don't have a true scoring threat form outside. They can only score within 2 feet from the basket.

-- Posted by grizzfan93 on Mon, Feb 11, 2013, at 2:08 PM
  • I agree tooldog. I said above that I really know nothing about Clearwater. I don't doubt that they are a good team at all. Its just my opinion that SC will prevail in the semis.

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Mon, Feb 11, 2013, at 3:08 PM
  • Tooldogging clearwater should be just fine in this district don't see anyone that can beat ya .There is no south iron or Emenince in this field.

-- Posted by Royal Flush on Mon, Feb 11, 2013, at 10:50 PM
  • I agree that Clearwater is the best team in this district and should win it. The bad news is that on the horizon looms a match-up with Charleston in sectionals...

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Mon, Feb 11, 2013, at 11:05 PM
  • I agree with Preacher Man that Class 3 District 1 is filled with Tough Eastern teams.

Charleston, New Madrid County Central and even Caruthersville are all formidable.

Class 3 District 2 Champion will have to face "The Man"....

and he lives in the East!

-- Posted by UFO on Tue, Feb 12, 2013, at 7:33 AM
  • That's true, C'town or NMCC is going to be a rude awakening for whomever makes it out of C1D1. It's gonna take the planets in the right alignment and the wind in the right direction, but stranger things have happened.

-- Posted by tooldogging on Tue, Feb 12, 2013, at 7:41 AM
  • Scott City gets to play Scott County Central and Dexter this week.

Arriving at Districts with a Winning Record is a Formidable task.

-- Posted by UFO on Tue, Feb 12, 2013, at 7:58 AM
  • Scott City fell tonight to Scott County Central (2012 Class 1 State Champs) 70-66 in One Overtime.

Sc lost a 13 point lead. Good overall game and solid comeback by SCC.

-- Posted by UFO on Tue, Feb 12, 2013, at 11:56 PM
  • Saxony Girls will win districts by over 20, I usually know more about soccer and redhawks sports, But the rumor out there is some Pius girls will be missing district games to play club soccer.

-- Posted by Redhawks on Thu, Feb 14, 2013, at 12:32 PM
  • SC beat Dexter by 20 at Dexter. Sweet!

-- Posted by Ramfan_1 on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 2:40 AM
  • Clearwater girls upset #3 seed Jefferson in overtime.

-- Posted by basketball21 on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 4:18 PM
  • Told ya tooldogging don't weary Clearwater wins this district . Go tigers.

-- Posted by dickie v on Tue, Feb 19, 2013, at 8:59 PM
  • Besides,

Leopold, Oran, Scott County Central, Bernie, Hayti, Portageville, New Madrid County Central, Charleston, Sikeston, Notre Dame, Cape Central, Poplar Bluff, Jackson and possibly Advance

Clearwater is the best team I've seen this year.

Good Luck!

-- Posted by UFO on Tue, Feb 19, 2013, at 10:01 PM
  • Cleawater did play a solid game tonight and they are a solid 3 point shooting team that plays solid D.

#20 is one of the better 3 point shooters I've seen all year.

They are much improved over last year. Congrats on the win.

-- Posted by UFO on Tue, Feb 19, 2013, at 10:09 PM

Sorry UFO to me that sounds like sour grapes!

-- Posted by porchswing on Tue, Feb 19, 2013, at 10:10 PM
  • Thanks UFO, that is awesome being put with all of these great teams, well, I think the Bluff is a little overrated. I realize that you are being sarcastic, but I'll take the high road. I Know that our schedule is weak and we cannot hang with the "Semoball" teams, but, oh, wait, we won! I am glad that that this "westeren" team has proven that they can play. I just want to congratulate the Rams for playing hard an being great competitors. Go Tigers. (So much for paper Tigers)

-- Posted by tooldogging on Tue, Feb 19, 2013, at 10:16 PM
  • Porchswing,

I'm tired of that Dickie V posting that Clearwater is the Class of this District.

Yeah, they're a much improved team over last year, but come on.

The Winner of this District faces Charleston or New Madrid.

That's a whole different level....

-- Posted by UFO on Tue, Feb 19, 2013, at 10:30 PM

I agree with that whole different level UFO and it is good to keep an open mind on some of these teams evey year is different.I will say who ever wins that district they do get to hang a banner and that is a big deal even if you get to face the state champions next.Emotions have a tendacy to run high this time of year!

-- Posted by porchswing on Tue, Feb 19, 2013, at 10:56 PM
  • Congrats Tool and all Clearwater fans. Best of luck in the championship and further rounds!

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Tue, Feb 19, 2013, at 11:00 PM
  • Congrats to Chaffee on playing tough against Oran tonight.

-- Posted by UFO on Tue, Feb 19, 2013, at 11:09 PM
  • against Oran and Advance both we couldn't put together 4 quarters.. tonight it was the 3rd quarter that killed us.. especially the first 5 minutes of it.

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Tue, Feb 19, 2013, at 11:20 PM
  • Nobody cares what you like or dont like UFO.Yours truely dickie v.

-- Posted by dickie v on Wed, Feb 20, 2013, at 10:05 AM
  • Dickie V,

Your probably right. However, Missouri Class 1, 2 and 3 go through South EAST Missouri.

Always have, Always Will!

-- Posted by UFO on Wed, Feb 20, 2013, at 10:17 AM
  • Bottom line is this. Like it or not the teams in the eastern part of SEMO are as a whole better year in and year out. That is bourne out by the facts and stats. This year in this particular district would have been no different if, and its a big if, SC could have kept its original roster. Clearwater beat an undermanned mediocre SC team. Period. There is no argueing that fact. I take nothing away from Clearwater and I congratulate them on the win. SC had the heart but lacked all the tools to win that game. I still believe WC will beat Clearwater but I've been wrong before many times. Whoever wins this district will probably get beat in the next game. Face it guys, this is a very weak district overall especially this year.

Congats to all the teams on the season especially SC. Great job boys under tough circumstances.

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Wed, Feb 20, 2013, at 10:42 AM
  • Ronnie1,

C'water plays St. Pius X in the district final, not WC. Saying that "if" SC would have kept their original roster has no bearing on the outcome of this game. C'water had guys that did not play this year that could have been great contributors as well. What if's and could have's do not count for anything. What does count is wins, and that is what C'water did. You know what, who cares? It doesn't matter what is said or the outcome of the game, C'water will not get any respect on here due to this "Semoball" bias! Go Tigers!!!

-- Posted by tooldogging on Wed, Feb 20, 2013, at 11:02 AM
  • I didn't know WC lost. I agree with you on all of your points. "Ifs" do not count. I was making a bigger point that SC generally would beat Clearwater in most years. I do not downgrade Clearwater at all. They won and as most said here, were the class of the field if they get by St. Pius. They are obviously a good team and deserve respect on Semoball or anywhere else. My point is basically that their accomplishments throughout the season outweigh the accomplishment of beating an average SC team in a very weak district. As I said I congratulate Clearwater on a great season. Believe me I am rooting for them now all the way to the title game. It would be absolutely awesome if they could knock off Charleston or NMCC...but we know that while possible that is very unlikely. Good luck and keep your fingers crossed. I will be crossing mine!

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Wed, Feb 20, 2013, at 2:02 PM
  • I do disagree with you on your last point, tool. C'water DOES get some respect on Semoball. They get mine.

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Wed, Feb 20, 2013, at 2:04 PM
  • Mine too Ronnie1 and tooldogging. I for one do not think it is a foregone conclusion that a full-strength SC roster would've beaten Clearwater. They've lost three games by about 10 combined points. I've been a Clearwater booster all season. I wish them luck tonight.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Feb 20, 2013, at 2:17 PM
  • Thanks for being classy Ronnie. Yeah, if we do win, the C3D1 winner will be a very tough obstacle. As for SC beating C'water most years, we'll agree to disagree, it's all good. Go Tigers!

-- Posted by tooldogging on Wed, Feb 20, 2013, at 2:38 PM
  • I coached what is now SC's freshman group and they were very good.(not because of the coach I can assure you) We played C'water a few times at the 5th and 6th grade level and it was always a battle. They were very tough. We won those games but they went right down to the end and that SC group of boys went 100-17(3rd-6th grade) Clearwater was within a few points of SC. What is sad is that out of the 14 boys we had on that team, only 4 are still playing.

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Thu, Feb 21, 2013, at 7:42 AM
  • Did you take home the 3-6th grade National 9-12 year old national championships?

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Thu, Feb 21, 2013, at 9:14 AM
  • Congrats, Saxony Girls and Clearwater boys on your well deserved District Titles!

-- Posted by UFO on Thu, Feb 21, 2013, at 2:29 PM
  • It wasn't a 3rd-6th team, dip. It was the same team in four consecutive years. I swear nerd sometimes I think I have to draw you a picture and yes the boys did win the world, no the Universal championships as a matter of fact!

-- Posted by Ronnie1 on Fri, Feb 22, 2013, at 7:14 PM

That's fake and you know it, Ronnie! Hah.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Feb 22, 2013, at 7:23 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: