High School Basketball Forum: Tribute to a young team

Posted by G-pa on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:36 AM:

The girls game Tuesday night between Saxony and Dexter proved that the Saxony team is for real. The team is made up of two seniors, one sophomore and the balance is freshmen. Yes they have been blowing out teams this year but, many were teams they lost to last year. They were put to the test against Dexter and even though they lost the statement was made that they can play ball. Dexter has an awesome team and don't want to take anything from them, just proud of what Saxony has been able to do this year. Go Saxony!!!

Replies (9)

• Yah good luck to y'all!! Dexters by far best team in the area and u hung with em admirably!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:19 AM
  • Can we follow this up with:

"Tribute to an Old Team".

Only seems fair....

-- Posted by UFO on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 8:28 AM
  • Ha! UFO, you crack me up!! Dexter has only two seniors themselves!

-- Posted by Dexter Native on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 10:51 AM
  • There is no need to be a smart-aleck. The Saxony girls program has only been in existence for six years and this is their first winning season. I think they should be acknowledged what they have been able to do. They played Dexter, a school with higher enrollment and a physically taller team, and stayed in the game untill the last buzzer. I am proud to be a supporter of this team of girls. Go Saxony!!!

-- Posted by G-pa on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 11:51 AM
  • G-Pa, you should be proud! They worked very hard in that game! I hope you guys do very well in class three. If you play like you did against us, you will!!

-- Posted by Dexter Native on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 12:01 PM
  • Saxony is a young program and steadily on the rise . I believe a couple of years ago they had their first win ever in the district tournament and last year they played in the district championship , this year they are playing great , with great leadership and talent . I believe they start 1 senior and 4 freshmen and to be ranked in the top 5 in class 3 is remarkable . I expect great things in the post season for these girls . To be so young and to hang with a class 4 power house , that's scary for girls basketball in southeast Missouri ... Roll on crusaders

-- Posted by Bball4life on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 12:48 PM
  • Really, UFO?!? Were you just trying to be funny or were you being sarcastic? Looks like you, a major contributor to the seemingly unending Scott City basketball threads, would understand when a supporter wants to "brag" a little about their team.

Congratulations to the Saxony girls and their great season so far. I hope both Saxony and Dexter go far in the post season.

-- Posted by countryfolk on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 1:28 PM
  • Congrats Saxony on a Great Season! Keep it up!

-- Posted by UFO on Sat, Feb 2, 2013, at 9:31 PM
  • Thanks UFO and everyone else for your good thoughts. I am looking forward to districts and hopfully beyond. This has been a fun year good luck to all teams in the area. Go Saxony!!!

-- Posted by G-pa on Mon, Feb 4, 2013, at 9:32 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: