High School Basketball Forum: Missouri Basketball

Posted by stlscott on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 8:40 PM:

Well we got rid of one terrible coach, and it's still early but I have a feeling the one we have now isn't too good either, and Phil Pressey is the most overrated player in SEC, when he is bad he is awful.

Replies (456)

Louisiana State University!! Let's go!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 8:51 PM
  • I laughed when I had buddies tell me they'd go 28-4 and be a top 5 team.. there's kids in our area that would be the second beat pure shooter on this team

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 8:55 PM

Stop go away with that hogwash. The fact that you think Pressey is overrated is ridiculous. Just because he is the only ball handler on his team this year so therefore he has to be perfect every night or the team falls apart he is overrated? Actually you know who is overrated? Alex Oriakhi, Earnest Ross, and Keion Bell. These three super transfers have shown why their original coaches didn't mind their transferring. They have wildly inconsistent on both ends of the court. Don't blame this on Pressey or on Haith. Haith did what he had to to get bodies on the court this year and he looks to be a really good recruiter so I think I will take my chances with him until the NCAA says otherwise.

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 8:57 PM
  • Papi they are poorly coached, I dont care how long Haith has been there, and the at least Anderson got as far as Norm statement is nutty. Anderson and Haith are both mediocre, the real problem is M Alden he is awful.

-- Posted by stlscott on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 8:59 PM
  • Bunk, go put on your Tiger underwear buddy. Phil Pressey is highly overrated.

-- Posted by stlscott on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 9:00 PM

Wooo! Agree Scott! Last draft prediction I saw, I don't think he was even predicted to be drafted!?

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 9:07 PM

Just checked it, no he is not predicted to be. But 12 other point guards are!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 9:09 PM
  • Nba wise no way, that last two minutes showed this team has no discipline at all they dribble down the court and shoot a three, reminds me of Anderson garbage.

-- Posted by stlscott on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 9:12 PM
  • They are almost as bad in SEC in basketball as football.

-- Posted by stlscott on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 9:13 PM
  • I don't think it's as bad as football yet Scott but its on a downhill slide. Losing Dixon was huge...

-- Posted by gerardo on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 9:22 PM
  • Real good point Gerardo, they need him bad he is better than Pressey.

-- Posted by stlscott on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 9:26 PM

Alabama is now ahead of Mizzou in the conferance 0_o... LSU is tied for..... Last.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 9:28 PM
  • Mizzou if they keep losing to teams like LSU, may not make the tourney, after 1st round exit last year Haith needs to start being looked at closely, any Ncaa penalties and he will be gone.

-- Posted by stlscott on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 9:30 PM

Scott there is no way in the history of basketball anyone besides you would consider a rapist ball hog a better PG than Phil Pressey. How is Flip overrated when he can do things that no other PG in the country can do? He hasn't declared for the draft and he is extremely small for a NBA guard so there are questions as to whether or not his tremendous speed will translate.

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 9:31 PM

They are a very weak road team but I'm pretty sure that I could make the same % of easy pristine baskets Oriakhi is handed by Pressey and I am a 6'2 overweight no talent having semoball poster. Pressey has flaws in his shooting but tell me other PG in the country outside of Trey Burke is possibly better than him?

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 9:35 PM
  • Mazoo will always be a better than average but not quite elite team that never makes final 4, makes elite 8 once every 20yrs, sweet 16 once every 5-10yrs, makes tourney most of time. Its biblical im almost certain.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 9:39 PM

It's a mock draft, freshman are even included. You don't have to be declared for the draft.

Marcus Smart, Michael Carter Williams, Isaiah Cannan, CJ McCollum, Elijah Johnson, Pierre Jackson.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 9:41 PM
  • Pressey can do things that no other PG in country can do? I agree like shoot 21 times and make 3, good point.

-- Posted by stlscott on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 9:41 PM

I'd add Peyton Siva and Lorenzo Brown as well.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 9:45 PM
  • Flip is great... I love the guy. I just think losing Dixon put all the weight on his shoulders. Brown is very good 2 guard but def not a point. As good as he is, the last 2 min of games phil has struggled. Disheartening to say least, I had high hopes this year....

-- Posted by gerardo on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 9:47 PM

If Mizzou had better shooters than he wouldn't have to put it all on himself. He leads the SEC and is in the top ten in the country in assists.

@ Buck Cannan seriously? McCollum? Don't come at me with those mid major scrubs who play against a bunch teams like SEMO. MCW does not have the same speed to the bucket as Flip and neither does Jackson or Johnson. Heck I have seen Baylor do so well with Jackson this year and last. Whatever fair weather Mizzou fans. I don't recall everyone decrying the skill of Flip when he was a frosh or a soph. No he was surrounded by guys who could catch a ball, dribble a ball. and shoot a ball. He is currently surrounded by a bunch athletic freaks who can dunk and miss their perfectly set up passes that Flip gets their rears.

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 9:52 PM

Peyton Siva dude can barely manage to score when Russ Smith isn't there to bail him out.

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 9:53 PM

Isaiah Cannan will be a top 20 pick. He is ranked WAY ahead of Pressey. McCollum top 15, MCW top 10. Come on man.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 9:56 PM

I will give you that he does look worse with the players that he is now surrounded by. He is prolly better with better players. But that has severally hurt is draft stock.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 9:58 PM

I love how people always overreact to losses. And, they are great coaches and would have ran this play or that play. As a coach, you don't get to use a Playstation controller and make the players score for you. Sometimes the shots just don't fall. Big upsets occur almost every night in college basketball. Duke got absolutely smashed by Miami the other night. Coach K must suck. Duke just got their first road win of the year tonight, btw. And, it was against an unranked team by a mere 5 points. Again, upsets happen. That is what make sports enjoyable. True fans stick with their teams through ups and downs. They don't jump on and off bandwagons.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 10:00 PM

I explained the main concern scouts have with Pressey. He is the best passer in the college game but he is an inconsistent scorer who is 5'10. All those guys you listed either have better 3pt jump shots or like 6'2 or taller.

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 10:04 PM

Thank you Yah Yah. MIZ

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 10:05 PM
  • True fans speak their minds, go put your tiger underwear on too.

-- Posted by stlscott on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 10:06 PM

ZOU. I agree that Pressey needs to focus on slashing and passing. However, he needs teammates to play off that and make the wide open shots he sets up. I think he loses patience with them when they miss shot after shot.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 10:08 PM

There's a huge difference between giving up on a team you claim to be loyal to and speaking your mind. And, what's with the underwear stuff? Stay classy.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 10:11 PM

I speak my mind I never said Phil was the best player ever. My thing is that people get upset when announcers lavish praises upon him but until I start seeing Flip Pressey three point shooting great timeout pieces instead Flip floor seeing great or Flip master of the fast break than I won't bash Flip as an overrated player.

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 10:13 PM

By the way I will put on my Mizzou boxers. When you go there you end up buying everything at the bookstore and then one day you wake up and realize 90% of my wardrobe is black or gold and has a tigger on it.

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 10:15 PM

Hahaha gotcha Bunk! Iv experienced that problem before lol

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 10:20 PM
  • Haith postgame......"This team has a listening problem"

-- Posted by TerryHicks4President on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 10:25 PM

Yeah that first year after I transferred back home and went to SEMO it was very weird going to class decked out in the black and gold everyday.

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 10:25 PM
  • Why judge a college player on how high, or even if he'll be drafted into the NBA? That doesn't take away from a player's college career. Good example: Ben Hansbrough was the "Big East Player of the Year," and wasn't even drafted!

-- Posted by semo7178 on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 10:48 PM

Yeah the Hansbroughs are both great examples of guys who had intensity and some tangible skills but lacked that overall skill set, polish, and size component to truly be stars at the NBA level. But both guys are great role players and terrific off the bench for 15 to 25 minutes a night.

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 10:53 PM
  • Well guys, here's how you got to look at it. Mizzou is on pace to be in a great position to have a better finish than last year's team, and yes by that I mean winning at least one game in the NCAA Tourny. A lot of season and a conference tournament to go. I'm not giving up yet.

-- Posted by Uncle Charlie on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 11:30 PM

If these team cannot beat LSU on the road, I'm done! Teams sucks and I have no faith in Haith!

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Wed, Jan 30, 2013, at 11:36 PM
  • why can Haith not stick with a starting lineup? preferably pressey, Brown, Ross, oriahki, and bowers and bring bell, Criswell, and jankovic/NWC off the bench

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 12:00 AM
  • I had never heard of Haith when he was hired but he showed he was good in his first year and still pretty good this year. We can whine if we want but If you look at all the guys we were excited about possibly getting, none of them have been exceptional. I don't think there was a better hire out there and yes, I like him better than SMA.

-- Posted by Pete Sims on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 7:22 AM

Yeah I fill like we got all hyped up over the transfer when really the only one who had deserved that hype was Jabari Brown. But Haith got Jank and NWC out of Canada and they should improve by next year and be really good their junior and senior years. Rosburg has been a great bench guy so far and will take it to the next level next year I think. Haith has also recruited 2 guys that I'm really excited about for next in Wes Clark and JW3. These guys fit the same profiles as Flip and Bowers and will be their obvious replacements so at least he knows what his system needs and is sticking to it.

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:22 AM

Peace out, dump. Go jump on another bandwagon. Good example of a fan with zero loyalty. I wonder if all fans gave up on teams when they lost a to a bad team. Lakers games would be empty this year.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:22 AM
  • It's obvious there are some very delusional Missouri Tiger fans here. Mizzou is 15-5 and ranked in the Top 20. Just what exactly are people expecting from Mizzou? They are not Duke, they are not Kansas. I'm a big time Mizzou fan, but I'm not irrational. We're not going to be a Top 5 team every year. Teams with the success of last year's team will be the exception, rather than the rule.

And even Norm Stewart had down years. Let's not pretend he was Bob Knight or John Wooden. This year's team needs more ballhandling, but they are otherwise in pretty good shape.

-- Posted by espn_reader on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 8:28 AM
  • Oh, so it's asking to much to beat LSU? I didn't know 15-5 teams that are ranked lost to LSU and it was ok..

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:21 AM
  • I always hope for a miracle mazoo team kinda like a cubs fan. U can still be a fan with the realization they probably will never make the final 4. I'll always root for mazoo and i'll always be disappointed when they stumble on the road and in the tourney. "Wait til next year" as cubs fans have been fond of saying after every season ending loss for the past hundred years.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:43 AM

I'm a die hard Mizzou fan and always will be, and it has been frustrating being a fan over the years, they are arguably the best program to never make a Final Four. It's tough to swallow when St. Bonnaventure, Dartmouth, CCNY,NYU,Oklahoma A&M, Holy Cross, George Mason,etc... have all made Final Four's and Mizzou hasn't....but anyways my quick thoughts, Pressey tries to do a little too much, but without him this season Mizzou would be 12-8 or so, and Frank Haith has done nothing to impress me, I am not a big Mike Anderson fan, but those was his players that had that magical regular season last year, and I have yet to see one of Haith's make an impact, except maybe Jabarri Brown, Oriaki is here because of Pressey, not Haith. I was sincerely hoping we were going to have to get rid of him, and already have our name in the hat for a coach for next year, but alas, I will root for them as hard as I ever have.

-- Posted by 6+4+3=2 on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:47 AM
  • Yup if cubs fans can hang in there for a hundred years, so can we!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 9:57 AM
  • Mizzou's biggest problem is that they refuse to shoot the ball inside the paint. That would be ok if they could fill it up like me from beyond the arc...but they can't.

-- Posted by navinjohnson on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 10:20 AM

Are you being sarcastic or are you really saying you could hit a good % of 3's against high level D1 pressure?

-- Posted by yah-yah on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 10:37 AM

See I have problem with stating that Anderson was a good recruiter. If Anderson was a good recruiter than BJ Young, Otto Porter, and Bradley Beal would have been on Missouri in the last two seasons. I don't understand how their can be Missouri prospects in the top 30 and that state's school gets 0 of them

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 10:41 AM
  • The top prospects wanna go to proven programs that send players to nba and/or make the final 4. Mizzoo fills neither of those two bills, never has, never will.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 10:56 AM

Bunk, I'm not sure if you are referring to me or not with Mike Anderson good recruiter comment, I did not say he was a great recruiter, just was stating that those were his players last year. I thought he did do a good job getting players for his system, and most high profile recruits didn't like that system, I'm sure he probably did all he could to get those 3 you mentioned and they must not have been that interested. I think that MA's system was a deterent for a lot of kids, it couldn't consistentaly beat great teams, but one thing I did like, his teams ALWAYS played hard and had energy, something I do not see with Frank the Stank

-- Posted by 6+4+3=2 on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 10:57 AM
  • Coaches didn't know of BJ would make the grades and sorry but Otto and Beal are out of Mizzou's league.

-- Posted by semo501 on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 11:00 AM

Otto was definitely going to either Mizzou or Georgetown and your right about BJ his grades were iffy. Beal I feel like if not for the system he would have consider Mizzou hard along with Florida. By the way don't say Anderson's teams always played hard they definitely did not his last with the team minus Presset and Denmon. It wouldn't Haith's team this doesn't play hard but they are an incomplete team who settles to much for jump shots and doesn't cover the shooters well. This team severely overpursues every ball handler they face leaving them open to pick and rolls, back door cuts, and open 3s

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 11:08 AM
  • Brad Beal was never recruited by Anderson, that is a fact, the personn that said quit whining Mo is a top 20 team, well they shouldn't be and the wont be this time next week. Got beat last night by a 142 rpi team, keep losing and they wont be dancing. Also that Illinois win looks mediocre now.

-- Posted by stlscott on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 12:20 PM

Exactly I'm upset with Mizzou as a team I just don't think you can lay it on Haith and Pressey. The transfers haven't gelled like we thought but we wouldn't have had to go get 5 transfers had it not been for Anderson blowing off recruiting for half a year then leaving for Arkansas

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Jan 31, 2013, at 12:30 PM
  • Losing to teams who are not as good as you happens. It's basketball, not football. Every team loses, and the best teams almost always lose to inferior teams. It's just how basketball goes.

Otto Porter didn't go to Mizzou because he knew Mike Anderson was going to Arkansas. That's not conjecture, it's a fact.

As far as not making the Final Four, I hardly think it's Frank Haith's fault that in all the years Mizzou has had a basketball team, they've never been to the Final Four. After all, Haith has only coached in one postseason.

-- Posted by espn_reader on Wed, Feb 6, 2013, at 7:38 AM

Mizzou does recruit Memphis.

Lawrence Bowers - Memphis product

6'8" PF Johnathan Williams aka JWIII is the 37th ranked HS prospect, 12th at his position and is out of Memphis Southwind.

Mizzou has Memphis products and will continue to have a pipeline there.

Mizzou also has a top JUCO transfer in 7 footer Keanu Post coming in for next season. And, 18th at his position and 74th overall player in Wes Clark (pg) has signed for the Tigers.

And, outside of Otto, what SEMO area player could have played at Mizzou or another major D1 basketball school in the last 10 years?

I don't think recruiting is the issue, here. And, this is only Haith's 2nd season. Let's see how this season pans out.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Wed, Feb 6, 2013, at 8:59 AM
  • Otto was the only one in the 5 years that could have but not the last 10 years.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Wed, Feb 6, 2013, at 9:12 AM

Kony Ealy plays at Mizzou, just in a different sport ;)

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Feb 6, 2013, at 9:37 AM

I guess 10 years was going a little too far back because of Tyler and Ben. Hassell would have maybe played mop up minutes at Mizzou.

I know about Kony. That kid is a hard worker - he's up to 275 pounds, now, and should be a force at DE this year. I'm hoping Monroe gets back on the right track at Caruthersville to add another bootheel kid to Mizzou's football roster.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Wed, Feb 6, 2013, at 10:01 AM

Sikeston.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Wed, Feb 6, 2013, at 10:49 AM
  • realbuttheelbaskletball, just who ares you talkin bout Bucko? wilie was goode but just not could not just i don not think coulde play at Mizzou Bucko. where is you from pal? just whot qumalifyes you to say who is a grate player?

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Wed, Feb 6, 2013, at 11:13 AM
  • All good guards Papi. I give my vote to Anthony Beane though.

-- Posted by semohoops on Wed, Feb 6, 2013, at 11:47 AM
  • I also think Dominitrix Johnson is in that discussion.

-- Posted by semohoops on Wed, Feb 6, 2013, at 11:50 AM

Papi tell me some about Michael Morris and Carlos McCauley!?

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Feb 6, 2013, at 11:54 AM
  • did not anntohny beane go to Bonie high school? i just do alnways can do just can remmenber dominntrix johnstone at bell city with cach heef, that guy could just do some playin yall. how bout morris big poopi and carlous mccarly? Good one Bokmajor old Bucko.

-- Posted by bearcat1forall on Wed, Feb 6, 2013, at 12:31 PM

Real Bootheel Basketball your argument is asinine. If you don't feel like your resident of Missouri and feel no need to cheer for your state's school then don't cheer for them. I know plenty of folks who went to Ole Miss and are big Ole Miss fans and I don't begrudge them their fandom one bit. That being said it sounds like your a bitter Mizzou fan because the kids from your local high school don't make it there. Maybe this Willie guy was great and could have hung with it up there but I don't know it was before my time as hs Bball fan. The fact is he had to go to a JUCO which means he couldn't cut the grades at first so how is that Mizzou's fault.

When it comes to the talent down here you have to remember that they are scouting pretty judiciously but don't see every game we see so they don't necessarily always see the upside of a kid we all think is awesome. Chances are we are seeing the best case scenario when in reality a lot of negative things can happen to kids who are slam dunks like Willie or Mike Porter.

Guys like the Hansbroughs or Otto are really special players who come through on that potential and are great college players but it just happened somewhere other than Mizzou. It's through no fault of Mizzou's that they didn't play there these kids went to bigger schools with better athletics and better academics than Mizzou. If that is your issue get mad at the kids because they chose to go out of state.

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Feb 6, 2013, at 1:18 PM

Thoughtful and educated response. Enjoy your sour grapes

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Feb 6, 2013, at 1:31 PM

The fact that you took to a public forum to complain about the distance between the school's location and yours in an attempt to swing the public opinion against a state school you dislike( I still contend your upset over perceived lack of attention given) in order to foster the belief that we should only root for schools in close proximity to you is in and of itself asinine or what is also known as stupid.

Your like that one guy in Texas or Georgia every election year who calls for the south to secede because DC just doesn't understand our values or culture and never will because its to influenced by those evil yanks.

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Feb 6, 2013, at 1:49 PM

So wait you are complaining that the school is to far away for you to be a proper fan and said that other folks route for Ole Miss and Memphis because they are closer( this is your # 1 issue). You said this is a great idea and agree with them. You did say it earlier posts and I would copy and paste but seeing as they are 12 comments up so I will save myself the trouble and tell you look up the thread.

If it is such a huge problem for you to be so far away from Mizzou that you feel the need to whine about it semoball why don't you just move up there?

Are you drunk? It sounds like you wanted to complain about Mizzou not recruiting these great Portageville players that never amounted to anything in the basketball realm post high school and are trying to hide behind a silly argument about your proximity to the school. I'm just calling it out as hogwash.

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Feb 6, 2013, at 2:06 PM

You are ridiculous. Just say what you want to say and stop pretending that my argument doesn't make sense. All because whine and complain about a school and then say o well that school all day everyday at the end of your passive aggressive rant doesn't mean everything you said negatively about that school is correct or that people shouldn't ask you about those opinions which I believe to be false.

I was just trying to a discussion about recruitment in the Bootheel and your objections to how Mizzou recruited the Portageville kid and you took offense and starting throwing insults which where we are at this point in the conversation.

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Feb 6, 2013, at 2:18 PM

You have to enlighten me on what that means. I feel like I have a good handle on old timey country sayings and I have never heard this one.

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Feb 6, 2013, at 2:48 PM

Oh I know you are aware of them, that's why I asked you. I actually wasnt even referencing the point guard thing. I ran across those 2 guys names in a book, and I was wanting a little background info on them.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Feb 6, 2013, at 6:29 PM

You are exhibit A of dumb Mizzou fans who in reality aren't really Mizzou fans.

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Feb 6, 2013, at 7:36 PM

KU just got beat by a team much much worse than LSU(referencing Mizzou's loss). They only scored 13 points in the first half against a team ranked over 200th in the RPI rankings. TCU got their first Big 12 win against the Jayhawks.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Wed, Feb 6, 2013, at 10:33 PM
  • On a lighter note, here's a marvelous quote from stl postdispatch:

Missouri's recruiting class included no five-stars and one four-star prospect, Fort Zumwalt South running back Chase Abbington, to go with 17 three-star recruits, a collection that is regarded as one of the worst in the Southeastern Conference.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Feb 7, 2013, at 12:05 AM

Thanks Papi! The book I was reading was about those SEMO teams that featured Morris. They had some great teams. Earlier teams with Terry Mead and latter teams with Tony Wofford were also talked about. Sounds like McCauely was pretty special even in 8th grade. The book mentions him being recruited heavily by SEMO, as well as Beane. But as you said he chose to play for SLU. Man that's great about him getting his doctorate. That shows he really stuck with it and achieved his goals. I believe Coach Mac tried to instill those values in his players.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Feb 7, 2013, at 9:31 AM
  • I agree with you on all of those players Big Papi. Beane was unbelievably quick and could flat out guard, esp. when he went to TRCC and then to Kansas State. Thatch was tough as well, along with that whole New Madrid group that year. There was a kid that played at Jackson @ 1986 or so named Mike Lewis.......one of the best jumpshooters still to this day that I have ever seen. He later played at SEMO. I think Ray Pugh might have been my favorite to watch AND to play against though. He could do it all!

-- Posted by Hemingway on Thu, Feb 7, 2013, at 1:54 PM
  • I created this thread a week ago and nothing has changed this team is poorly coached no discipline, Phil Pressey isnt very good, and they are not going to make the tournament.

-- Posted by stlscott on Thu, Feb 7, 2013, at 8:32 PM
  • As a matter of fact pressey isn't the best pg on court tonight at A&M.

-- Posted by stlscott on Thu, Feb 7, 2013, at 8:35 PM
  • And why is Ryan Rosburg on this team?

-- Posted by stlscott on Thu, Feb 7, 2013, at 8:47 PM

Why aren't you coaching the Lakers?

-- Posted by yah-yah on Thu, Feb 7, 2013, at 8:55 PM

Aggies!!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Feb 7, 2013, at 10:11 PM

Who's your college team, Buck?

-- Posted by yah-yah on Thu, Feb 7, 2013, at 10:28 PM

Kentucky :(. Just wanted Texas A&M to win because Kentucky beat them already. And Miami, who is doing surprisingly well in basketball this year! They are the only team in the major conferences to be undefeated in Conferance play. Who would have thought at the beginning in this year that the Miami Hurricanes could earn a #1 seed haha!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Feb 7, 2013, at 10:47 PM
  • Mizzou is putting it to Ole Miss today. I hope Marshall Henderson doesn't stab any of our fans after the game or anything like that.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 1:19 PM
  • It's a mystery to me how Mizzou can be so good at home and so bad on the road.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 1:28 PM
  • Ole Miss might want to start looking for a new coach

-- Posted by BIGELW on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 1:57 PM
  • That was a hood fighting stance by Oriahki if I've ever seen one lol.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 1:57 PM
  • Why???

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 1:58 PM

It's Ole Miss. We have zero basketball tradition, the oldest facilities in the SEC, haven't made the tournament in over a decade, and basketball is the clear third option in terms of sports behind football and baseball. Not exactly the type of job that will draw a number of quality coaches let alone a ton of great players. We will have a new arena built by the 2014-15 season I believe that looks like it will be awesome by the plans I've seen which will help but only so much can be done for Ole Miss hoops. We have consistently had 20+ win seasons under Kennedy where things have gone wrong every year (this year alone we've lost Demarco Cox and Aaron Jones to season ending injuries and Nick Williams has been dealing with injury lately too). If we make the tournament this year, there is no reason to change coaches.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 2:12 PM
  • Mazoo sucks on the road, hafta play 5 of last 8 on road, and will finish at best 10-8 in sec, 9-9 is certainly not out of the question. Its coachs responsibility to get em ready for the road, this is all on Frank. Let us not forget that norfolk st was an away game.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 2:40 PM
  • Sarcasm!!

-- Posted by BIGELW on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 3:35 PM
  • Kennedy can coach but man his kids are not disciplined at all. Henderson forces things and Buckner looked like a fool today. Wait a minute, I could say the same thing about Mizzou, Haith and Oriakhi. 2 undisciplined teams on the floor today.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Sat, Feb 9, 2013, at 3:40 PM
  • Once again I rest my case Phil Pressey's stock is headed towards Enron's that was an awful loss.

-- Posted by stlscott on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 5:27 PM
  • Phil Pressey and the Referees appear to be much wealthier after that game

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 5:33 PM
  • if the hogs didn't have the help from the referees during the last 3 minutes missouri wins that game

-- Posted by runner50 on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 5:35 PM

Mizzou has never lost a game. They've only not won games due to a combination of the luckiest team ever always being across the court from them, crooked refs, and supernatural forces. They should be ranked #1 every year and their coach is the best until he isn't their coach anymore. I think I've covered everything.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 5:40 PM
  • I will say this the refs were god awful in last 2 or 3 mins that much is true.Unfortunately again so was Pressey.

-- Posted by stlscott on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 6:10 PM
  • Pressey was very well compimented by Dixon last year, I'd rather have Dixon to be honest with you.

-- Posted by stlscott on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 6:20 PM
  • If Mizzou didn't have help from the refs the 5 minutes before the last three minutes of the game Arkansas would have run away with the game

-- Posted by semo501 on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 6:42 PM

Sideline, you just described a large portion of every fan base in every sport, including Rebel Nation. Don't pretend like it is just Mizzou fans.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 7:07 PM

Not pretending like its just Mizzou fans. Just pointing out what I've constantly seen from Mizzou fans. Definitely not describing Rebel Nation. We expect to lose every game every year on our own ineptness.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 7:14 PM

I said in every sport. Fans complain about officiating in every sport. You just see it more from Mizzou fans around here because they outnumber everyone else.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 7:21 PM

That makes the assumption that I base my observations about Mizzou fans solely on Semoball reaction.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 7:27 PM
  • GREAT DAY TO BE A RAZORBACK FAN, don't even try to cry about the refs. Bad calls went both ways , not one more than the other

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 7:48 PM
  • I missed the game. What was the final score?

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 7:55 PM
  • Pressey, Bowers, Refs, Arkansas 2 more than everyone else

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 7:59 PM
  • 73-71

Glad to know I'm not alone ktown WPS!

-- Posted by semo501 on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 8:00 PM
  • i'm not a missouri fan making excuses, if you listened to the announcers that even showed in slow motion the last few calls that went against missouri and stated that the calls were not correct. if the calls would have been made correctly bj smith would not have had a chance at the 2 three point plays during the last 3 minutes.

-- Posted by runner50 on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 8:19 PM
  • Ok I saw several no calls all thru the game on both sides that could have changed the eventual outcome. Semo501 we are few and far between on here but hell yeah WPS!!!!

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 8:37 PM
  • Giving the ball to Arkansas in the few remaining seconds on the out of bounds call was wrong, period.

-- Posted by stlscott on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 8:39 PM

Which plays? The one where Pressey clearly turns it over with 19 seconds and the announcer says its a situation where he went to fast or the resulting play which clearly shows the ball going out of bounds off Bowers AND the announcers saying that was defintely the right call. Now, I agree the 3 point play by Young was wrong from the mere fact he was fouled on the floor prior to the travel the announcers complained about. Kind of an NBA continuation

Bottom line. Fouls: Mizzou 25 Arkansas 25. Free throws attempts: Mizzou 31 Arkansas 24. Tournovers: mizzou 17 arkansas 12. Ridiculous 28 foot airballs as soon as the ball crossed half court: Mizzou (Pressy) too many to count...announcers even made that point.

Clearly the officials are to blame.

-- Posted by Attaboy on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 8:48 PM

And Bowers 1 for 14 from the field. Officials obviously were getting in his head.

-- Posted by Attaboy on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 8:52 PM
  • So it wouldn't be a stretch to say that MIGHTY MIZZOU lost because of their turnovers

-- Posted by ktown 5150 on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 8:55 PM
  • It's embarrassing. Mizzou needs to play several true road games before the conference season starts. That is what most good teams do.

-- Posted by joefrank78 on Sat, Feb 16, 2013, at 10:56 PM

Scott, Ryan Rosburg, played for Gateway in St Louis, at one time he looke impressive.

-- Posted by catfish_162001 on Sun, Feb 17, 2013, at 1:08 AM
  • Hey catfish, Rosburg is out of Marquette out in chesterfield.

-- Posted by stlscott on Sun, Feb 17, 2013, at 6:27 AM
  • Mizzou loat because of a Missouri kid that went to Arkansas (BJ Young)

-- Posted by crackerjack on Sun, Feb 17, 2013, at 12:15 PM
  • Mizzou lost because they have Phil Pressey. We could use Lucas Nutt. Kidding, but... we could use a more conservative less arrogant point guard who enjoys not throwing up 27 foot airballs

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Sun, Feb 17, 2013, at 1:04 PM
  • The walk call on Ross, and the out of bounds on Mizzou with 6 seconds left were awful. I dont care who you are a fan of, Ray Charles could have gotten those calls correct.

-- Posted by TerryHicks4President on Sun, Feb 17, 2013, at 3:48 PM
  • You got that right Terry Terrible.call

-- Posted by dickie v on Sun, Feb 17, 2013, at 4:21 PM
  • Ya terry the more I watched that Mizzou game the more I wanted to stick a pencil in eye.Go tigers

-- Posted by dickie v on Sun, Feb 17, 2013, at 5:56 PM
  • I think Haith was about to go kick andersons arse, another good example of the ugliness of 40 minutes of crap on the road.

-- Posted by stlscott on Tue, Mar 5, 2013, at 6:48 PM
  • that was awesome

-- Posted by ThayerPops on Tue, Mar 5, 2013, at 6:53 PM
  • It was awesome talkinghead.

-- Posted by stlscott on Tue, Mar 5, 2013, at 6:54 PM

Mizzou 93, Arkansas 63. 22-8. Win at Tennessee and take some momentum into the SEC Tournament and ensure a bye.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Tue, Mar 5, 2013, at 8:19 PM
  • Lets not get too excited boyz. Remember, both tourneys are NOT at home unfortunately. Mazoo could beat the Heat at home.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Mar 5, 2013, at 10:50 PM

I think we have pretty good record at neutral sites this year. I think this year's team while not a better team by any stretch is a more tournament proof team. When you have a team that can't rebound and relies primarily on outside shooting for the majority of your scoring you have the possibility that your team can run cold( poor Kim English) and if that happens when the other team can substantially out rebound you have no chance to make up for those misses and end up with empty possessions. This team is that team that will take advantage of rebounding disparities and can get consistent points from at least one or two guys on the floor. This teams tournament chances rely solely on it's ability to actually play defense for longer than 4 or 5 minute stretches.

-- Posted by Bunk on Tue, Mar 5, 2013, at 11:07 PM
  • Ive been seeing them slated as a 10 or 11 seed. I think that may change if they can somehow beat tenn and win a game or two in SEC. I still cant figure out this 30pt swing just cuz their playing at home. Almost exactly 30pts with fla,ole miss,ark,and kinda with lsu. What is that all about?? Defies all logic!!I think they could seriously beat duke at home!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Mar 5, 2013, at 11:33 PM

Joe Lunardi has them as an 8 seed currently. We have a chance to move up to a much more favorable 7 or 6 seed if we can actually beat a competent team on the road in Tenn. If we win two, three, or the whole SEC tourney we have an outside shot at a 4 or 5 still. It seems like our projections will run the gamut but I would hate to stuck in that 8 or 9 seed hole and have to face a good team starting plus a team like Duke or Indiana in 2nd round if we get there.

-- Posted by Bunk on Tue, Mar 5, 2013, at 11:51 PM
  • Look at the officiating. the opening play of bowers drivin baseline is a charge at Arkansas, tonight it's an and 1.. the FT disparity was mizzou plus like 25.. refs totally favor the home team in these games.. it's rediculous but it's a fact

-- Posted by ThayerPops on Wed, Mar 6, 2013, at 12:04 AM

Yeah that is actually the only logical explanation I can think of as to why teams have such poor road records compared to immaculate home records. I think it's something that comes up in every tight game and the announcers either barley address it( the quote is usually "well you have to know that on the road your not gonna get that call") and quickly brush it away, come close to saying something but backing off with a simple "it's a tough call to make" type of statement, or they lose their cool say these have been some poor calls and bad refs and then back off those comments as though they were just their opinion by the end of the broadcast. Why do fans and writers tolerate this? I don't probably because we all like having awesome home records so we can feel good about ourselves as fans. Long story short I agree talkinghead officiating is compromised to at least a degree in most if not every college basketball game.

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Mar 6, 2013, at 12:49 AM
  • I feel Pressey is a very good guard and really sees the floor well. what i dont like is he makes the same mistakes at the end of a game repeatedly. he will even admit that he knows he does it. Overall, i would take him on my team but make it clear what his job is on the floor

-- Posted by gomizzou05 on Wed, Mar 6, 2013, at 4:37 AM

The difference between an 8-9 seed and a 1 seed is smaller this year than it has been in quite some time. When you see 2-3 of Lunardi's projected 1 seeds losing every week to much 'weaker', lower ranked opponents, you realize how vulnerable even the top teams are this season. If I'm a 1 seed, Mizzou is not the type of team I want to face in the 2nd round. Mizzou rebounds it well, has good size and depth, and has some solid shooters. Also, when Flip is playing facilitator and under control, he is one of the top PGs in the country. I think Mizzou will end up being on the 6-7 line on Selection Sunday.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Wed, Mar 6, 2013, at 8:43 AM
  • talkinghead, I don't disagree that the home team gets the favorable calls, but Bowers' opening play was not ruled a charge because it was under the basket inside the restricted arc. They clearly showed that on the replay. I thought it was a charge too until the replay, so that was actually the correct call. Five years ago, definite charge.

-- Posted by semohoops on Wed, Mar 6, 2013, at 9:01 AM

The thing is do you see this Mizzou team beating Indiana or Duke yah yah? I don't see it happening very often. I think we would have good chances to play with Kansas, Gonzaga, or Georgetown since these teams have obvious weak points we can exploit( Kansas actually matches up pretty well against us but I will concede to them that they are the favorite).

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Mar 6, 2013, at 9:09 AM
  • Heres what ive been lookin at Bunk, for what its worth:

http://www.bracketography.com/

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Mar 6, 2013, at 2:11 PM

I don't see Gonzaga getting a 3 seed unless they lose the next three games by 49. U also don't see UNC getting an 8 seed over Mizzou. They had a horrible non con record and Mizzou hadn't really had a loss to a bad team all year

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Mar 6, 2013, at 2:23 PM
  • there were some absolutely horrible calls....and yes Mizzou was at the stripe all night...but....teams in the arrears by 20...usually foul out of desperation...Arkansas was waving the SOS flag all night. Mizzou without Bowers.....is 500....period...and the Auburn transfer WOW. Take those two out of the line up...and Mizzou is bottom 3rd of SEC.....not that the SEC is nails....

I wouldn't wanna play Mizzou right now.....at least at home....Pressey....is a chess piece....take him out, plug anyone else in.....no real difference..

Pre Season # 1 player in SEC.....laughable...even moreso now than then...

-- Posted by Headhunt on Wed, Mar 6, 2013, at 2:25 PM

Thanks for...that...explanation...

You could say the same thing about any decent team. Take out one of their stars and they drop off significantly. Take Burke off of Michigan or Oladipo away from Indiana, etc.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Wed, Mar 6, 2013, at 2:32 PM

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

I'm not sure if this will hyperlink or not but here is what I have being seeing.

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Mar 6, 2013, at 2:33 PM
  • It worked!! Yah i'd rather be a ten than an 8 or 9 cuzza the next game!

The computer has us as a five seed:

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/bkt1213.htm

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Mar 6, 2013, at 2:38 PM

I think your way overrating Earnest Ross and way underating Phil Pressy there Headhunt at least that's what I think you were saying.

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Mar 6, 2013, at 2:38 PM

The Tennessee game Saturday is pretty big. We could sneak into 2nd in the SEC if Kentucky loses the next two. And, the way the bracket is set up the top four get a double bye into quarters. A 2 would have a slightly more favorable road. Link:

http://www.lsusports.net/fls/5200/assets/docs/mb/pdf/13secbracket.pdf

-- Posted by yah-yah on Wed, Mar 6, 2013, at 2:50 PM

All the Links!!!

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Mar 6, 2013, at 3:05 PM
  • just an observation.......you agreeing with the player of the year in the SEC being Pressy ?

I couldn't understand that remark then,,,,,sure as heck cant imagine it now....not even close...

and yes...most teams lose a star and it hurts...but when you get to D1 schools....and deeper rosters..there should be somebody on the 2nd team that got there for a reason...not saying they are star quality..but they shouldn't be schlubs either

-- Posted by Headhunt on Wed, Mar 6, 2013, at 3:43 PM
  • When dixon exited, it hurt

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Mar 6, 2013, at 4:14 PM

I think there is an outside argument for Pressy as SEC POY but he isn't my first choice. I'm fine with his preseason selection as the POY. He is the best PG in the SEC. I don't think the regulars play like schlubs. Bowers and Pressy have been pretty consistent outside of Bowers injury and Pressy's late minute troubles. You caught Ross on a good night last night so congrats that's like his tenth good night this year. The rest of the time he just misses wide open 3s

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Mar 6, 2013, at 4:19 PM

Yeah the Dixon thing hurt us but good riddance to him.

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Mar 6, 2013, at 4:23 PM

Bunk, Mizzou lost to a horrible LSU team on the road and got blown away by Florida on the road. I see Mizzou getting anywhere from a 6-8 seed

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Wed, Mar 6, 2013, at 5:00 PM

Dixon deciding he was going to sexually assault some women is what hurt the team.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Wed, Mar 6, 2013, at 5:02 PM
  • If Mizzou wins the SEC tournament, we should get a 4 or 5 seed.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Wed, Mar 6, 2013, at 5:16 PM
  • Sad but true

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Wed, Mar 6, 2013, at 5:17 PM

LSU isn't a horrible team Jolly and we lost by two on the road. Florida is one of the top 10 teams in the country and we got beat at their place without Bowers. Neither are unexplainable losses.

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Mar 6, 2013, at 6:19 PM

Bunk you are grossly over ranking LSU.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Wed, Mar 6, 2013, at 6:50 PM

And a bad loss is still a bad loss, no matter if its only by 2.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Wed, Mar 6, 2013, at 6:50 PM

Actually they do matter if they are only by two Jolly that's something the tournament considers. LSU is a conference opponent and they are inside the RPI 100 and it was a road so when talking in terms of NCAA Tournament resume building it is not a bad loss.

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Mar 6, 2013, at 8:04 PM
  • Wow...just stupid comment stlscott...I do not like Mike Anderson at all for throwing Mizzou under tha bus like he did, but he's not a terrible coach by any stretch of the imagination. Even though Missouri got upset by a no name school in the tournament last year, that happens and it's happened Kansas, Duke, North Carolina, etc. We did go 31-5!! This year's team is only a few blown games on the road from being a top 10 or so team. I agree Phil Pressey is very bad when he's bad. But, when he's playing well he's a pretty special player. Mizzou looks they are coming together at the right time. We'll need to Pressey to be good every night if we are going to make a good run in the Big Dance, but I wouldn't want to play them.

-- Posted by paulm on Thu, Mar 7, 2013, at 7:57 AM
  • Mizzou is one of the bettre offensive teams in the country. Pressey either scored or had an assist on I believe on 41% of their points! Is there anyone in the SEC that beats that or is even close?

-- Posted by paulm on Thu, Mar 7, 2013, at 8:03 AM

Yeah Phil's passes result in points 41% of baskets scored. 3 of his teammates are top 10 in the SEC is field goal % but hey he isn't a good PG

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Mar 7, 2013, at 8:23 AM

Top 5 or 10 in offensive efficiency and top 5 or 10 in rebounding is an awful good formula for success in a tournament setting. Last year's team was so dependent on shooting which they were exceptionally good at, but teams could expose them on the boards and in the paint. If and it's a big if, they can limit turnovers and bad, early possesion shots they could be a tough out for anyone. But they also could get beat in the first round by anyone as well. They need to channel their inner "Waterboy" and envision all opponents wearing an Arkansas uniform and Mike Anderson's face on the bodies, because their energy and intensity level the other nigh was off the charts!

-- Posted by 6+4+3=2 on Thu, Mar 7, 2013, at 8:29 AM
  • Bunk...I bet there are a lot of teams in the country and in the SEC that would love to have Pressey. He's just got to limit his mistakes. Everybody makes them, especially the point guards, but he's got to stay within himself. I think he tries to be Pete Maravich and Magic Johnson combined at times. Your right 6+4+3=2, they would have beaten almost any team that night.

-- Posted by paulm on Thu, Mar 7, 2013, at 8:39 AM
  • Everyone would take him but no coaching could control his out of control style.. I would assume Haith has tried and it doesn't work bc Phil is arrogant

-- Posted by ThayerPops on Thu, Mar 7, 2013, at 8:53 AM

Phil isn't arrogant he tries too hard sometimes. This whole play out of control thing gets blown way out of proportion. He gets at least two TO a game when he is driving and gets fouled in the act of passing and the refs assume that the contact caused the ball to come loose

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Mar 7, 2013, at 9:16 AM
  • i wouldn't wanna play Mizzou right now....but Pressy has little to do with that ....and his getting the ball to peeps that score....means nothing if those peeps dont score.....an assist is only an assist if his teammates make shots...so if he was on Mississippi State's team.....he's still the same guy....think he's still as integral as it seems he is at Mizzou? Think he's still be POY ??

Umm nope.....

-- Posted by Headhunt on Thu, Mar 7, 2013, at 10:01 AM

I'm sure it's just coincidence that anytime you listen to opposing coaches talk about their game plan and strategy against Mizzou the very first thing they talk about is containing Pressey. You do make a valid point that a good passer sometimes is only as good as his teammates as far as assists go, but Phil is a game changer and a vast majority of the time a game changer in Mizzou's favor. Yes he does some things that make us Mizzou fans want to pull our hair out, but on the whole he makes Mizzou a better team, I would love to see that ESPN stat Wins Above Replacement stat used here. My only hope is Phil plays with team success only in his mind from here on out and not try to impress NBA scouts by trying to show he can shoot from the perimeter or make the unbelievable pass instead of a quality pass. I felt like earlier in the year he was trying to dispell the common concern among NBA people is that he can't shot well enough to be a dual threat PG. But anyways I just hope Mizzou is peaking at the right time and make a deep run into March

-- Posted by 6+4+3=2 on Thu, Mar 7, 2013, at 10:30 AM
  • I like Flip, he's under incredible pressure as the only ballhandler, i think he knows he's gotta stay composed, thus the calm demeanor which can be misconstrued as arrogance. But mainly i just think Flip is a cool nickname haha!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Mar 7, 2013, at 10:47 AM

If you honestly think Mizzou would have a better record without Pressey and he isn't really important to their success, then you haven't been paying attention. And, your point about Mississippi State makes little sense. If you put a great point guard on a team with horrible shooters, their numbers will obviously go down.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Thu, Mar 7, 2013, at 10:54 AM
  • My favorite moment of the season- Sitting watching the Kentucky game a couple weeks ago with some buds, its getting down to nut cutting time right? So ESPN rolls a bunch of clips of Pressey's late game struggles, and about the third clip in the Announcer says something to the effect of "And Phil really sat down and learn from that one". To which I sat as the clips kept on coming and questioned aloud, umm when the hell is he supposed have learned? And from there on we saw him blow the kentucky game whilst I laughed the entire time.

-- Posted by Bill Shakespeare on Thu, Mar 7, 2013, at 11:27 AM
  • Hysterical

-- Posted by semohoops on Thu, Mar 7, 2013, at 11:31 AM
  • Without Pressey we would be awful, With him we are frustrating.. if Dixon were on this team we'd be a top 10 team bc when Phil pulled his BS Haith could bench him for a few minutes bc Dixon was an adequate pg.

-- Posted by ThayerPops on Thu, Mar 7, 2013, at 11:58 AM

Cool story, Billy.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Thu, Mar 7, 2013, at 12:11 PM

Yeah because you know Phil Pressy's 27 points are why we lost that Kentucky. Bill I hardly ever say this to people in my actual life or on the Internet but you sir are stupid.

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Mar 7, 2013, at 12:20 PM
  • Pressey strikes yet again against Tennessee, more late game NONheroics.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Sun, Mar 10, 2013, at 12:28 PM

It's funny how everyone jumps on boo Pressy bandwagon and Missouri sucks bandwagon after a loss but where is everyone after the wins? No where

-- Posted by Bunk on Sun, Mar 10, 2013, at 12:32 PM
  • I may be stupid, but I'm getting more and more laughs... If you take off your blinders you'll see, Pressey is bad, Mizzou is bad. Say what you want ,they got 6th in the SEC, which is bad at basketball.

-- Posted by Bill Shakespeare on Sun, Mar 10, 2013, at 12:37 PM

Good point Bunk. Lots of naysayers after a loss but all is quiet after a W.

My problem with Pressy is that he is so inconsistent. At home he is dominant. Always making a good passes, etc. Heck even game a week or so ago he didn't score a basket but Mizzou still won. But then on the road, in late game situations he is always making terrible decisions. But, its not just him. Its the entire team. They look so lost on the road. I haven't ever seen a team as dominant as they are at home be so lost on the road.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Sun, Mar 10, 2013, at 12:37 PM
  • So am I to assume they means you're ok with giving the same guy the ball and having him utterly waste the possession in numerous games where we had a chance late? I'm not expecting Kobe or MJ every time, but after turnovers, errant shots, etc, I'd almost rather give the ball to a Mizzou cheerleader with the game on the line.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Sun, Mar 10, 2013, at 12:39 PM
  • Oops. That*

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Sun, Mar 10, 2013, at 12:41 PM
  • Phil Pressey stock has plummeted, Im starting to wonder if he is in touch with Bookmakers, I'd sit him down if its close at 2 minute mark.

-- Posted by stlscott on Sun, Mar 10, 2013, at 1:02 PM

Do I agree with his idea that he should shoot the ball late in the game yesterday no I'm not and neither was coach Haith. But people act like we are gonna miss the tournament because he misses all his shots and has 12 turnovers a game which all three are false. Point is he takes way to much blame when Mizzou loses

-- Posted by Bunk on Sun, Mar 10, 2013, at 1:05 PM
  • I don't solely blame it on him. I just don't think Mizzou is that great, that's why they lose. I'm just raising the question...WHY do we keep giving this guy the ball with game on the line.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Sun, Mar 10, 2013, at 1:07 PM
  • why? why because he is the POY in the SEC,,,,

dont you read all these posts..??

and the point about State makes perfect sense...

saying Pressy has all these assists...only means his players make shots....put him at state where they don't, he wouldn't even have the assist stat...

Then what ?...then he's a middle of the pack point guard, who becomes a human turnover machine...when the pressure cooker starts to hiss..... I have nothing against Pressy...I just see his hype much like Manti Te'o's lots of sizzle....no steak,

and lots of imagination being used..to come up with player of year talk...

-- Posted by Headhunt on Sun, Mar 10, 2013, at 3:05 PM

Phil is only terrible, from the games I have seen, on the road. So, if we could somehow play every game at home, we're golden. And what kool aid are you all drinking, thinking Pressy will or deserves to win POY? Are you joking?

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Sun, Mar 10, 2013, at 3:06 PM
  • yes I was joking....sarcasm was dripping off my comment, as I have said he wasn't that kind of player, since my first post.

Others have said I am wrong........lol

imagine that

-- Posted by Headhunt on Sun, Mar 10, 2013, at 3:24 PM

I wasn't pointing my finger at you Headhunt. I got your joke. I was pointing at those saying you are wrong.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Sun, Mar 10, 2013, at 5:46 PM

Congratulations to Kentucky's Nerlens Noel for winning SEC Freshman of the Year, and SEC Defensive player of the Year. Also to being named First Team All-SEC, SEC All-Freshman team, and SEC All-Defensive team. The SEC coaches felt that 23 games of Noel was better than 30+ games of anyone else. Noel is the 4th consecutive Kentucky player to win SEC freshman of the year, and the 5th in the past 6 years (thank you Terrico White). He is under going ACL surgery as I type this, by the same doctor that performed Adrian Peterson's surgery.

Congrats to Kyle Wiltjer on winning SEC 6th man of the year award. Also congrats to Archie Goodwin, Alex Poythress, and Willie Cauley-Stein for also making the SEC All-Freshman team.

Pressey was also named All-SEC first team

To really no ones surprise a well deserved Kentavious Caldwell-Pope takes home the honor of SEC Player of the Year.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Mar 12, 2013, at 12:25 PM

I figured they would give it to Marshall Henderson but I think they made the right choice

-- Posted by Bunk on Tue, Mar 12, 2013, at 12:31 PM

Also congrats to Otto Porter on being the only unanimous selection to the All-Big East first team. The winner of Big East POY has to come from the first team, and will be announced later today I believe. I would guess the only unanimous guy has a great chance of winning that award. Be on the look out, I don't this is the last award we see Otto win (Wooden, POY?)

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Mar 12, 2013, at 12:32 PM

Yeah in kind of a shocker Henderson didn't make firs team, I think the SECPOY has to come from the first team, but I'm not sure. I would have guess him second.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Mar 12, 2013, at 12:34 PM

Wow the typos! First team*, and I meant that I would have guessed him second behind Caldwell-Pope, not second team.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Mar 12, 2013, at 12:35 PM

Thanks for the update Buck!

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Tue, Mar 12, 2013, at 1:12 PM
  • Phil was overrated some but he was also the player who was most affected by the lost of Mike Dixon. Those 2, together would have been a lethal combination. Without him, it seems that Hatih was worried that by benching him, the likelihood of victory would decrease. Of course playing him did not lead to much success in late game situation on the road.

Next year we will see a better Phil Pressey and we will be glad he struggled some this year. Otherwise he's been gone via the NBA draft this year.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Tue, Mar 12, 2013, at 8:56 PM

Losing Dixon hurt this team dearly. Freakin' moron had to go and sexually assault a couple of women.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Tue, Mar 12, 2013, at 9:05 PM

Nice win for the Tigers last night. We have Ole Miss standing in our way tonight. Should be a close game tonight.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Fri, Mar 15, 2013, at 8:26 AM
  • jwhitlock is exactly right. Pressey was hurt badly bad Dixon's stupidity. He may be overated a little, but it's not like he's not any good! When he doesn't ry to do too much, he's one of the best point guards in the country. He makes Missouri go. If he doesn't play well, the team doesn't. He is getting bashed way too much. He's one of my favorite players to watch in college basketball. He will be better next year. Hopefully he's starting now. We looked really good last night.

-- Posted by paulm on Fri, Mar 15, 2013, at 9:31 AM
  • MIZ - NIT!

-- Posted by Pete Sims on Fri, Mar 15, 2013, at 11:10 PM

Nice try, Pete Troll. Mizzou is in as a 8-9. You'll see them on selection Sunday in the field of 68. Ole Miss needed that way more than the Tigers.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Fri, Mar 15, 2013, at 11:15 PM

I'm glad Pressey finally made a late minute shot. It's too bad it wasn't enough for the win.

-- Posted by Bunk on Fri, Mar 15, 2013, at 11:19 PM

I was thinking that also, Bunk. Then Bowers, of all people, air mails it after passing way too soon.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Fri, Mar 15, 2013, at 11:25 PM

Yeah it happens way too much to this team. But I feel like this team can make a decent run in the playoffs or lose in the 1st round of the tourney. It will just depend on the matchups we get.

-- Posted by Bunk on Fri, Mar 15, 2013, at 11:34 PM

Matchups and learning to finish a close game! Outside of 1 seeds, I don't know if anyone is safe in the first round this year.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Fri, Mar 15, 2013, at 11:36 PM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Mar 15, 2013, at 11:36 PM

I'm glad Ole Miss could possibly make the tourney now but I think that someone got tackled on that last inbounds play.

-- Posted by Bunk on Fri, Mar 15, 2013, at 11:52 PM

I'm tired of watching the late game collapses. That was a game we should have won.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Sat, Mar 16, 2013, at 12:44 AM
  • Mizzou looks to be a 9 seed to me thats a rough seed to get.

-- Posted by stlscott on Sat, Mar 16, 2013, at 2:56 PM

Yeah I hate when my team gets an 8 or a 9 its probably the toughest road to the final four

-- Posted by Bunk on Sat, Mar 16, 2013, at 4:05 PM

That is for teams that really have a shot. I really don't think teams seeded 11-16 usually have a shot of going farther than a round or two so. But I feel like 8 and 9 seeds always get screwed by having to play that 1 seed in the next round when 7 and 10 and the 6 and 10 seeds are close to even as well and their closer in talent to the 2-4s usually too

-- Posted by Bunk on Sat, Mar 16, 2013, at 4:10 PM

On an unrelated note, there is not a more annoying player in all of college basketball than Marshall Henderson.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Sat, Mar 16, 2013, at 4:16 PM

Marshall Henderson is a national treasure.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sat, Mar 16, 2013, at 4:18 PM

I know I wish his mouth would just stay **** while he plays. I feel like if he did this he would be 90% more tolerable

-- Posted by Bunk on Sat, Mar 16, 2013, at 4:18 PM

Mouth and the rooster bull crap both.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Sat, Mar 16, 2013, at 4:20 PM

The "rooster bull crap" is called the land shark. It is a thing the football players do on defense after a big hit. They asked Marshall if he would do it in honor of them in basketball games.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sat, Mar 16, 2013, at 4:22 PM

In 'honor' of them? Ok. If you don't think it's arrogant, so be it.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Sat, Mar 16, 2013, at 4:24 PM

A national treasure.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sat, Mar 16, 2013, at 4:26 PM

Hey guys! Ole Miss won again! It's a great day for America!

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sat, Mar 16, 2013, at 4:30 PM

For one sideline is compromised conflict of interest.

Secondly and way more importantly why is the word shut censored on this web site? In case no one knows what I meant earlier via some context clues....

Hey, shut the front door

Our team was shut out in the game

Can you please shut the cabinet door?

Why does website shut down non curse and non imflammatory words

-- Posted by Bunk on Sat, Mar 16, 2013, at 4:34 PM

You probably typed a word like shut but put an "I" in where you mean to put "U".

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sat, Mar 16, 2013, at 4:39 PM
  • Henderson jumped on the scores table after beating Mizzou... Really?

-- Posted by spanky14all on Sat, Mar 16, 2013, at 4:39 PM

I just realized I that the "i" and the "u" key are next to each other on the keyboard. Sorry for the sarcastic overkill everybody it's not been my day on here when it comes to coherent posts.

-- Posted by Bunk on Sat, Mar 16, 2013, at 4:40 PM

That's Marshall!!!!!

-- Posted by Bunk on Sat, Mar 16, 2013, at 4:41 PM

The Marshall vs Auburn fans gif is still my favorite.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sat, Mar 16, 2013, at 4:43 PM

I always think the old man in that gif is gonna charge the court like Marshall Henderson had thrown a fastball at his head or something

-- Posted by Bunk on Sat, Mar 16, 2013, at 4:45 PM
  • Read where Henderson got arrested for cocaine? Is this true?

-- Posted by Dexter Native on Sat, Mar 16, 2013, at 8:07 PM
  • Never mind, found it:

A feature piece from USA Today reveals that Henderson's 25-day jail stint last spring was due to a failed drug test in which he tested positive for alcohol, marijuana and cocaine. The junior guard had been on probation following a 2010 arrest for forgery after he was caught purchasing marijuana with $800 worth of counterfeit money.

The story includes a statement from Ole Miss assistant athletic director Kyle Campbell, who says, "We were aware of the issues from Marshall's past when he signed. Those misdemeanor charges have been addressed through the legal process, and there have been no issues since he has been a part of our program."

-- Posted by Dexter Native on Sat, Mar 16, 2013, at 8:15 PM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Again.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sun, Mar 17, 2013, at 4:36 PM

Well, Mizzou got a terrible draw. But you can't really complain when the team cannot win on the road.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Sun, Mar 17, 2013, at 7:16 PM
  • Man I wish Mizz and Slu would tangle, that Billikens team would eat them up.

-- Posted by Pchgrad on Sun, Mar 17, 2013, at 7:21 PM

Yeah Mizzou will be lucky to get out the first and extremely lucky to get out of the second.

-- Posted by Bunk on Sun, Mar 17, 2013, at 10:59 PM

Bunk....the First 4 is now called the First Round. Mizzou-Col. St. is a 2nd Round game.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Sun, Mar 17, 2013, at 11:33 PM

They will always be play in games to me.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Sun, Mar 17, 2013, at 11:39 PM

Yeah trying telling my broken heart that Mizzou lost in the 2nd round last year

-- Posted by Bunk on Sun, Mar 17, 2013, at 11:42 PM
  • Mizzou's placement was not good. Louisville is not a good match-up for them. I would rather have played anyone but Louisville. But, they can only blame themselves. But, anything can happen in this tournament.

-- Posted by paulm on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 8:02 AM

Exactly right, anything can happen. If I were Louisville, I wouldn't be happy about possibly having to play Mizzou in the 2nd round. Louisville beat Mizzou in the Battle for Atlantis, but Mizzou was without one of their current leading scorers and a decent ballhandler, Jabari Brown. Louisville's pressure got to Mizzou, but I think they will be better prepared for that. Also, I like Oriakhi's experience in the NCAA tournament as a factor. And, Mizzou rebounds the ball well. Who knows, though? This year's tournament is the most unpredictable I can remember.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 8:17 AM

Mizzou is playing Louisville in Lexington, practically a home game for Louisville. Last time Mizzou played Louisville on the road they lost by 23.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 8:48 AM

Cool. That means they shouldn't even lace em up, I guess.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 8:58 AM
  • Ole Miss ran a good run....Mizzou had their normal end of tight game meltdown.....Vandy faded off their run, ( even in Nashville) and Florida, to me, looked like they simply ran outta gas.....and could not seal by hitting their free throws......just an observation on the three games......

Ole Miss will have a handful with Wisconsin...in KC.......dont know how many Rebels will venture there since they just got off spring break....

Still GO REBELS......

and I do hope Mizzou wins as well........

As most of you Mizzou fans need to learn...once in conference games are over.....we all "Ride for the Brand"......Which is the SEC....Go Gators, Go Tigers, Go Rebels.....

Maybe that wont sit well,,,,,since yall always hated Kansas...haha, can't blame you ....

-- Posted by Headhunt on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 10:50 AM
  • Jolly, hate to express the obvious, Mizzou has to beat Col. St. to get at Louisville. Looks like a one and done to me.

-- Posted by mojo3 on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 11:22 AM

mojo3, I replied to yah-yah who wrote that Louisville should be scared to be in the same bracket as the Tigers, so go ahead and state the obvious.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 1:07 PM

Check your reading comprehension. I didn't say they were scared.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 1:19 PM

Check my reading comprehension? What does that literally even mean? You said, "If I were Louisville, I wouldn't be happy about possibly having to play Mizzou in the 2nd round." My bad that I read more into your comment than was there. My bad. Forgive me for my folly.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 2:38 PM

I don't see why Louisville should be unhappy about potentially playing Mizzou in the Round of 32.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 2:43 PM

You took what I said and twisted it to mean they were scared. If you don't think Mizzou is a dangerous team, that's fine. If they are running on all cylinders, they can beat Louisville. I didn't say anyone had to agree with me. If I'm a 1 seed, Mizzou isn't the 8 or 9 I would want to face in the 2nd round. I'm not saying Mizzou will win, but 8-9 seeds makeing runs past the 2nd round is not unheard of. A couple(UNC and Wisky) made it to the Final Four in 2000. Mizzou did make the Elite 8 as a 12 seed in 2002.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 3:07 PM

Mizzou is no different from any of the other eight or nine seeds this year. High-number seeds can make Final Four runs, yes. But Mizzou isn't playing the tournament at Mizzou Arena so I don't think they should be a concern to make it past the first weekend if not their first game.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 3:21 PM

I'm not really sold on the Colorado State love on the projectors of these things. Pretty much the entire argument is that Colorado State rebounds. Well whooped do so does Mizzou. But your right Sideline I don't think Ole Miss or Mizzou make it out of the weekend

-- Posted by Bunk on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 3:57 PM

Agreed

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 4:28 PM
  • Ole miss Elite 8

-- Posted by ThayerPops on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 4:31 PM

Thumbs up to sideline and Bunk!!!

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 5:11 PM
  • Mizzou isn't going to make any noise in this tournament, they are poorly coached and dont play defense, and cant close a game, period.

-- Posted by stlscott on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 6:16 PM

They can't close but ha s been playing better defense as of late and coach is great. 1 for 3 Scotty marked improvement

-- Posted by Bunk on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 6:23 PM

I'm closer to saying they are poorly coached than saying they aren't.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 6:27 PM

I remember last years team and sideline you are compromised due to your personal bias against Mizzou

-- Posted by Bunk on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 6:36 PM

Doesn't mean I can't have an informed opinion on Haith as a coach. His coaching against my Rebels is what brought them right back into the game as he completely stalled the Mizzou offense in the final ten minutes of that game by slowing things down and taking them out of rhythm instead of just continuing what had been successful over the first thirty minutes of the game.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 6:53 PM
  • Haith=good recruiter, bad coach.. look at his Miami roster with a coach now

-- Posted by ThayerPops on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 7:31 PM

It's not like he has ever won 30+ games or won coach of the year or anything

-- Posted by Bunk on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 7:41 PM
  • Talkinghead is right on the money Haith is a terrible caoch, good talker and recruiter, thats the facts.

-- Posted by stlscott on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 7:45 PM
  • he won 30 games with Anderson's player in a depleted big 12, come on man wake up.. need some coffee?

-- Posted by ThayerPops on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 7:52 PM

I think Jim Larranaga will be a great recruiter as well. I've heard recruiting has already really picked up with their success and the success of the Heat. Where else can you go to school and have Lebron and Dwade go to game regularly!? What kid wouldn't want to go to school in south beach, it's spring break every weekend.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 7:55 PM

Wait but he is a great recruiter so it doesn't matter if they were his players or not. It's just comical that you guys are running him down after two twenty+ win seasons and a great recruiting class coming in

-- Posted by Bunk on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 8:01 PM
  • great points buck

-- Posted by ThayerPops on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 8:02 PM

Its funny how everyone was saying Haith didn't have the support of Miami officails blah blah blah. But now the same team he left just won the ACC regular season and conference tournament. Meanwhile Haith's recruits haven't stacked up in a very very weak SEC.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 8:02 PM

Recruits he doesn't have any because Mikey Mike Anderson took recruiting off waiting for the Arkansas job to open up despite four 5 star recruits graduating in state and he got none. Heck he didn't get a single recruit so what did Haith do? Recruited well not great and had to get a bunch of B range transfers to fill out the roster. He then had to gel this team together without the national sixth man of the year who was the only other ball handler on the team. He just won 23 games in a new conference with guys who never played together before. He has three 4 star recruits coming in next year rep of which are in the top 75 high schoolers and the top JUCO center. It's whatever though we should definitely dump him since his old team in Miami finally came together during senior year under a new pretty good coach. # Faith in Haith( thanks for understanding talking head)

-- Posted by Bunk on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 8:12 PM

He said great points buck as in BuckMajor.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 8:16 PM
  • I know for a fact that anderson did exactly what Bunk stated, that scumbag of a coach knew he was gone, its the best thing that happened to Missouri.

-- Posted by stlscott on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 8:17 PM

I'm just saying I know I'm a Mizzou guy and there is some bias there but my Haith rant is way more logical and sensible than my "Lay off Phil Pressy he ain't that bad" rant

-- Posted by Bunk on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 8:19 PM

I know I'm psychic talking head is gonna come around I swear

-- Posted by Bunk on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 8:21 PM
  • Haith= good recruiter, bad coach 23 wins with that schedule isn't impressive.. good wins- maybe Illinois, VCU, Florida BAD losses- Texas A&M, LSU, and then the accumulation of all the games we blew with terrible coaching n Flips decision making down the stretch.. Sooooo

Haith.. bad coach...

Haith= Lost to Norfolk State last year

-- Posted by ThayerPops on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 8:32 PM

The man had one reliable big man last year who couldn't rebound so he got that team to win 30 games. Yeah makes tons of sense why you think he can't coach

-- Posted by Bunk on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 8:35 PM
  • this team should have won about 28-29 games.. just beating ole miss would've got them 2 more wins for

sure (Ole miss and Vandy) and then we'd be 25-8 and not an 8-9 seed

-- Posted by ThayerPops on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 8:35 PM
  • go back and look at our schedule.. who were impressive wins even if we did only have 1 big.

-- Posted by ThayerPops on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 8:37 PM

It happens. Bowers made a none head play but he also had that clutch shot against Florida. These things happen in a given year without another capable shooter and ball handler to spell Phil. The team didn't gel well together until about 3.5 weeks ago. We lost a ton of close games it does happen. How quickly do we forget the amazing season last year. You don't want a coach who got a team of transfers to 23 wins? Who else do you think is walking through those doors?

-- Posted by Bunk on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 8:40 PM
  • I'm sick of this transfers gelling argument. every team goes through it or deals with 1 and dones. Only teams that don't are mid majors. He can't coach or handle en of game situations period.. if we have the ball at the end of the half or we have the ball at the end of the game either tied, or down 1-3 what play are we going to run? I know, the other teams coach and players know, and so do 95% of basketball fans.. Pressey is long to dribble all the dimples off the ball an then try to do something miraculous and screw it up really bad.

-- Posted by ThayerPops on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 8:44 PM

Ok Pressy isn't always the best in the late game situations( even though he drained that shot in Nashville) but its not as though Frank isn't trying. I was sure he was gonna murder Pressy at Tenn.

-- Posted by Bunk on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 8:53 PM

By the way no one deals with one and dones except the blue bloods

-- Posted by Bunk on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 9:00 PM
  • Duke has, UNLV is going to, UNC, Ohio St, Syracuse, Memphis, Kentucky, UCLA and plenty others.

-- Posted by ThayerPops on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 9:22 PM

Pressy's late game anti-heroics lost this team about 4-5 games on the road. UK, Arky, Ole Miss, LSU should have been wins.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 9:31 PM

All of those teams you mentioned except for Memphis have basketball traditions and or titles. Those are the blue blood type teams. Mizzou isn't one of them and neither is the other 90% of the BCS conference schools or the mid majors

-- Posted by Bunk on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 9:38 PM

Who on UNC is one and done this year or Memphis. I don't think there is but I didn't follow college ball all that closely outside if the SEC this year

-- Posted by Bunk on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 9:39 PM
  • I'm saying in years past.. also Kansas State had one in Michael Beasley

-- Posted by ThayerPops on Mon, Mar 18, 2013, at 10:01 PM

To be fair to myself....I am not old enough to remember Norm's coaching.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Tue, Mar 19, 2013, at 8:18 AM

FWIW, I have Mizzou winning the first round and losing to Louisville. I think they will give Louisville all they want and could very well pull off the upset.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Tue, Mar 19, 2013, at 9:02 AM

Observations from a very limited basketball mind.

#1 If Jabari Brown is not shooting the ball well, he has no business in the game, time and time again he is totally lost on the defensive end and is a poor rebounder, he is there to score and score only so if he isn't scoring what is his function

#2 Why not play more zone? Most people I hear talk say rebounding is the biggest deterent against playing a zone, if Bowers, Oraiki, and either Bell, Ross, or Criswell is in the game, rebounding is not a big issue, and it saves Pressey getting ball screened to death on every defensive possesion

#3 Does Mizzou have any offensive sets other than high pick and roll or pick and pop? I don't remember any offense that involves multiple screens away from the ball and 5 guys moving in a motion type offense. Seems to me posting Oriaki or Bowers on the same side of the floor as Brown would force defense to play them 1 on 1 in the post or double at the risk of leaving our best shooter open for 3

I'm not bashing Haith, I am 100% certain he has forgot more about basketball than I know, there are just 3 things that have puzzled me all year.

-- Posted by 6+4+3=2 on Tue, Mar 19, 2013, at 9:48 AM

I don't know why there is an over reliance on the pick and roll and single screen game this year. However Phil does a lot of that type of game play. I think that our quality of shooter is down from last year and Haith knows it. That's why we don't get that motion and passing to all sides of the court like last year. This year's guards all lean towards either the pull up jumper or the drive to the lane so their is less spotting up than last year. Plus I think Bowers biggest flaw is that he doesn't post well in the low post so its hard to get it to him unless Phil penetrates.

I don't hate Anderson for his time here by the way. His style wasn't something that I took to but I likes his success. He just gave up the last year and half though which almost potentially derailed an up and coming program. Like I said I have faith that Haith has recruited good recruits to take the place of the departing seniors as well as finding a second ball handler until Pressy graduates. I think this team improves next year but not to the level that they were at in year one. Then we will have to see if Haith gets ahold of some dynamic play making shooters and makes another run at a national title

-- Posted by Bunk on Tue, Mar 19, 2013, at 11:19 AM
  • Phil driving is his strength, but that doesn't fit with our other guards bc bell and Ross aren't real spot up shooters if Phil happens to draw their defenders..

-- Posted by ThayerPops on Tue, Mar 19, 2013, at 11:45 AM

Yeah that was the beauty of our crunch time lineup last year. You had Ratcliffe who could catch and score anything down low. Then it was the Phil Pressy show with his best buddies Kim, Marcus, and Mike. All three could shoot the lights out so either Phil drew their defenders and they would score or they would stick and Phil and Ratcliffe did what they did best

-- Posted by Bunk on Tue, Mar 19, 2013, at 12:00 PM

If Mike Anderson was a street a wouldn't slow down. For him it could be 40-seconds of hell trying to run across the street.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Tue, Mar 19, 2013, at 2:33 PM

If Mike Anderson was crossing a street I wouldn't slow down. For him it could be 40-seconds of hell trying to run across the street.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Tue, Mar 19, 2013, at 2:34 PM

Well so much for the hope of even getting a shot against Louisvile. But honestly anyone that thought Mizzou had a chance of winning this game were delusional.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Thu, Mar 21, 2013, at 10:15 PM
  • Anyone ever tried a zone? all they do us screen and we can't switch screens.. zone maybe?

Haith's coaching < Phil's decision making< my vertical

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Thu, Mar 21, 2013, at 10:16 PM
  • I'm beginning to lose Faith in Haith. You have a good big man and you do not get the ball to him. He did not do a good job this year. The failure is mostly on the players, but Haith failed also.

-- Posted by paulm on Thu, Mar 21, 2013, at 10:41 PM

Some of it has to fall on Haith. I would think he's on the hot seat next season and Pinkel this season. Tough to be a Mizzou fan right now, but I guess I should be used to it.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Thu, Mar 21, 2013, at 10:43 PM

To be more clear, both Haith and Pinkel SHOULD be on the hotseat for the 2013/14 school year.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Thu, Mar 21, 2013, at 10:45 PM
  • The domination on the boards by Colorado State was inexcusable. Near the end it was 41-17. That is a joke. Not a good effort for Missouri. No toughness at all tonight.

-- Posted by paulm on Thu, Mar 21, 2013, at 10:52 PM
  • Why is anyone surprised Colo. St. out-rebounded the Tigers. They were the top rebounding team in the nation!

-- Posted by semo7178 on Thu, Mar 21, 2013, at 11:30 PM
  • Mizzou averaged 41.4 boards a game, the Rams averaged 40.4, maybe thats why people thought Mizzou wouldnt get hammered on the boards.

-- Posted by TerryHicks4President on Thu, Mar 21, 2013, at 11:58 PM
  • Come on Mizzou fans WAKE UP!!! You all gotta be used to your teams under-performing/choking/ being overrated every year.. Every year you all talk your teams up (no matter what sport) and every year they proove to you how overrated they really are.. Thne you all commplain and cry about how officiating or howbad they were coached caused them to lose. If I was you all I would be more worried about how bad Mizzou sports will be nexy year thanks to graduation and very poor recruiting!

-- Posted by footballfan29 on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 6:42 AM

So, we should apologize for sticking with our team and not jumping on whatever team is successful in the current season? I'll cheer for Mizzou no matter who is coaching or playing and no matter the record. And, you are lumping every Mizzou fan into a whiner/complainer category as if the same stuff doesn't happen in other fanbases. Get off of your soapbox and think before you spew thoughtless vitriol.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 8:15 AM

footballfan29 put in his place!

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 8:25 AM
  • Footballfan I'm not sure where to begin here. I'll start with your first point. Yes, as Mizzou fans we are used to the Tigers under-performing and choking in the tournament but that doesn't mean we have to like it or doesn't mean when they lose it makes it any easier. Not sure I agree that they are overrated. They get seeded exactly where they should be every year. This year they were 9th and lost to the 8th seed so in theory we weren't supposed to win last night. Last year they were 2nd and deservedly so as they were one of the best teams in the country. Most thought they should be seeded 1st. But in typical Mizzou fashion, they lost to Norfolk State.

Second point, who is talking up Mizzou teams? Sure people may come on Missouri message boards and talk about the Tigers, but on this particular blog all I see is Mizzou fans lamenting how bad this team is performing. I don't see anybody just boasting how good this team is. And even if they are talking them up, it's not like Mizzou fans are invading the Duke, Kentucky, or Kansas message boards bragging about how we are going to roll in the tournament. Talking about the Tigers in our home-state, I don't see a problem with that. That would be like Oran fans going down to the local coffee shop and talking up their team. How dare they! Point is, you live in Missouri or if you come to Missouri messages boards, there is a strong chance that people are going to talk about the Tigers. You may want to get used to that.

Third point. Where do you see complaining about officiating? Mizzou got out-played, out-hustled, out-worked, out-everythinged. They were beat. Plain and simple. A very poor effort by the Tigers.

-- Posted by semohoops on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 8:40 AM
  • Great point semohoops....You can certainly root for who you want to, but it's laughable how many born and raised in Missouri jumped on the bandwagon and starting liking and following really good teams just because they are always good. It's a joke how many people around here love the Dallas Cowboys. What's lovable about them? Nothing. Why would you do that?? Because you or someone in your family starting liking them when they played in several Superbowls, that's why. It's easy to like teams who the elite teams. I like the Packers, Kentucky, and some other teams, but I certainly don't feel any allegiance to them like I do the Cardinals, Rams, and Mizzou. I will never understand this. Unless you went to Duke, are from there, or family went there, why world you want Duke to succeed over the team from your area? You don't see too many people on here that are fans of average programs.

-- Posted by paulm on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 9:45 AM
  • mizzou is a very average program.

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 9:48 AM
  • Quit moaning and groaning and pull for slu the rest of the season, that's what I intend on doing... They have a good shot to make some noise on my opinion...

-- Posted by hornets2010 on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 9:58 AM
  • I'm Michigan fan, they've been dreadfully dissapointing for just about most of my life time, but I was a Michigan fan none the less. I have been to Michigan, but wasn't born there. The reason I believe I began to like Michigan was I received a Hand-Me-Down pair of shorts with the Michigan football helmet on and I thought they were the cats pajamas. For me it was something small, before I knew anything about anything. I root for the Royals and the Cardinals (Royals THEN Cardinals), I was born in Tennessee so I'm partial to the Titans and then also the Griz. If I had to pick a dream match-up I take Titans vs Rams(Previous history aside. f*** you Mike Jones!) and the I-70 series.

My point is I have my alligences spread out, but for good reasons, and don't think I fall under the bandwagon name, so don't jump there when we run the tourney this year ;)

-- Posted by Bill Shakespeare on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 10:03 AM

I've got your Wolverines knocking off kU in the Sweet 16. Hoping Trey Burke goes off and they pull it off! However, I got Otto knocking Michigan off in their potential Elite 8 matchup.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 10:16 AM
  • I got G'Town winning too, lol we will be lucky to et by VCU here, I don't like their defense against our offense

-- Posted by Bill Shakespeare on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 10:27 AM

great point paulm! That is exactly how I feel too. Rams, Blues, Cardinals, and Mizzou will always hold my allegiance even though I may cheer for other teams. Unless you're like Bill Shakespeare most people are band wangoners.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 10:56 AM
  • Shakespeare you allegiances are spread out and thos e are good reason. Certainly not a bandwago jumper. I think some people like teams not in their region just to be different and tick other people off. But, the majority like those teams becuase they have one several World Series, Superbowls, etc. Their team has a better chance of being a winner I guess. I pulled hard for North Carolina when Tyler was there and Georgetown to a point now because of Otto. When they're gone I could care less about those teams. If Duke or someone has several down years in a row, will they stick with them? Doubtful.

Sportsnerd..Mizzou is a way, way above average program. Even a nerd should realize that. Just stay with your bandwagon teams so you can always brag at the water cooler.

-- Posted by paulm on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 11:11 AM

It's a funny place this whole Internet sports world. People complain that Mizzou fans hate on Mike Anderson and say we should be eternally greatful for that elite eight appearance. But when Hairh has had success we are stupid and dumb for sticking by him. It's ok to cheer for a team when they succeed but not stand by when they fail. I swear people have lost their sense of loyalty and pride in the name of the cheap easy quick win

-- Posted by Bunk on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 11:19 AM
  • I created this thread about 2 months ago, and I have to say I was spot on. Missouri needs to get rid of Alden, Haith, and Pinkel willbe gone after next year guaranteed.

-- Posted by stlscott on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 11:39 AM
  • for a high major school they are average.. in comparison to SEMO they are above average but what kind of scale are we basing this off of? they finished 6th in a pathetic SEC, and football was comical.

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 11:43 AM
  • Right now Missouri basketball is average at best, football is weak period.

-- Posted by stlscott on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 11:45 AM

stlscott tooting is own horn again. Go figure. If you make enough predictions, you're bound to be right sometime. Self righteous, arrogant, superiority complex, etc.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 11:45 AM
  • and Paulm I'm about as big of a mizzou fan as you'll find. Rams, Cardinals, Grizzlies, Tigers, SEMO, and Dallas Cowboys.. and I don't like the cowboys because they were good. since I've been old enough to understand football they have sucked something fierce.

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 11:49 AM
  • You could have fooled me about being a Mizzou fan. You had me until you said you liked the Cowboys! LOL They are Satan's team. I hate everything about them, their owner, etc. Worse than any team in sports. I do not understand what's to like about them unless you're from Texas. But that's just me, it's a free country. But with Obama being in the White House, who knows how much longer.

-- Posted by paulm on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 12:02 PM
  • It is what it is Yah-yah, a very mediocre program, for you people that don't think Phil Pressey is overated take off your Tiger underwear and think about it.

-- Posted by stlscott on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 12:03 PM
  • I'm an objective fan.. I don't watch games with my tiger underwear and a football helmet on.. I'm a fan but I can call them out when it's obvious also.

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 12:27 PM
  • Mizzou had a very disappointing season and grossly underachieved, esp. on the road. That was on display again last night against Colorado St. But Haith is a great recruiter and I'm willing to give him two or three more seasons to see where he can take the program. The highly ranked Miami Hurricanes are basically Haith's players. So let's not panic over one bad season. Let's just hope the allegations against Haith are unfounded.

I'm also having a hard time understanding all the Pinkel haters too. One bad season and everyone panics? Does anybody remember what Mizzou's football program was like before Pinkel arrived in Columbia? He's a winner and will have the Tigers competing in the SEC soon.

-- Posted by Preacher Man Fan on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 12:34 PM
  • Good points on both coaches Preacher Man Fan...I feel the same way. If the basketball team underachieves next year, then I would think about a change. The first few years in SEC football = a lot of butt kickings. Everyone should have known that.It will force us to get better if we want any chance competing in that conference.

-- Posted by paulm on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 12:46 PM

I understand the Pinkel disdain more than the Haith hate. Pinkel refuses to expand his scope of recruiting or play style despite moving into a league where those two things are constantly evolving and are imperative to your success. If he keeps up with another poor recruiting class( we already lost one of the top ten OL recruits in the country from our home state to another SEC school after he decommitted from us) and continue the poor performance on the field than we need to look at a change. Over the past decade we have seen that his way if doing things can get you 8-9 wins and a decent bowl but never a conference or national title so we should reevaluate if he doesn't evolve

-- Posted by Bunk on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 1:03 PM

I think if Phil comes back and commits to playing better offense and Jabari comes back and commits to playing defense like at all. Then with freshman and JUCO transfers coming in we will reload what we lost and play better since we will have more ball handling

-- Posted by Bunk on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 1:05 PM

I would also like to see Phil, Brown, and Ross take up the Lawerence Bowers three point shooting regimen. It should turn a pack of good shooters into the great shooters that were roaming the court last year

-- Posted by Bunk on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 1:08 PM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 1:46 PM
  • @ Hornets2012 well said... I agree yall quit whinig and pull for Saint Louis U. since you all want to turn this into a I root for my home state team blah blah blah.

@StlScott... finally something we agree on! Basketball team is average and Mizzou's football team is weak

Let's go SEMO! Lol

-- Posted by footballfan29 on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 1:53 PM
  • Marshall Mathers Henderson!!

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 2:06 PM
  • Great recruiting does not equal great coaching.

Many assistant coaches were labled great recruiters.

There shouldn't have to be any patience exercised in the areas of discipline on the offensive and defensive sides of the ball.

There shouldn't have to be any patience exercised when it comes to being able to understand that when you have a kid 6-9 250lbs inside that shoots as high a percentage as Oriakhi(also a very good free throw shooter) that you run your offense through him. Not through a 5-7 point guard with questionable decision making skills.

There shouldn't have to be any patience exercised when a kid like Jabari Brown is allowed to take so many bad shots along with being allowed to not guard anybody.

Lastly, was everybody as impressed with Laurence Bowers sweet fadaway from 15 feet that only traveled 9 feet as I was? I could see the entire Mizzou team exhale as that ball hit the floor.

#severelyfrustratedmizzoufan

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 3:09 PM

So wait who whined. I don't think anyone here said Mixzou didn't deserve to lose that game. Iverson outmuscled Orihaki most of the night. The guys tried hard but they didn't defend the perimeter well and Iverson slowed down Orihaki so we lost.

-- Posted by Bunk on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 4:31 PM
  • Iverson was in foul trouble much of the night. Mizzou's offense did more to slow Oriakhi down then Iverson did. Oriakhi scored every time he touched the ball. Which was not often enough.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 5:34 PM

Iverson was in foul trouble yet he still played large chunks of the game. The rams were not gonna let us get the ball inside to Alex or Lawerence at almost any cost. They gave us open threes and we missed quite a few of them.

-- Posted by Bunk on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 6:59 PM
  • We have been taking open 3's all year long. We rarely, if ever run any sets to get the ball in the paint or the block to the big boys. I personally sat and paid attention. We had a ton of opportunities to get the ball down low. But, just like we have all year long, declined to take advantage of them. I guess you can't change the way you've played all year in one game, even if it's awful.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 7:26 PM

I disagree with how easy you think it is to get the ball inside especially to Alex. He is great player but his biggest flaw is his hands. Even when drives and kicks it to him for an open shot he misses quite a few because he drops them. But nonetheless he got some feeds and some Orihaki dunks if he really wanted to help he would have got some more rebounds

-- Posted by Bunk on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 7:38 PM

Pressy took 19 shots and hit 7 of them. Anytime Philly boy takes that many shots its not a good thing. Also, the game was a road game for technicalities and this teams sucks more than the corner street girl. Just awful on the road. Frankly I'm glad I had Colorado State advancing on my bracket.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 7:50 PM
  • Mizzou really got dominated by a good Colorado state team.....all there is to it

-- Posted by Headhunt on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 8:04 PM

Well I don't feel as bad now

-- Posted by Bunk on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 8:16 PM
  • Misses quite a few? Dude shot 65% from the field and 75% from the free throw line. The last 10 games he's shooting over 70% from the field. As far as how easy it is, that's why Frank Haith gets paid upwards of almost 2 million bucks a year, to figure out how to get the ball where it needs to be. No excuse in my book. Bottom line they didn't get the job done.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 8:25 PM
  • Well the SEC has 2 of 3 teams advancing.....

Go Rebs.....Go Gators....

with the Georgetown Loss I like Florida's chances

but they better watch out for Florida GC

-- Posted by Headhunt on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 8:55 PM
  • I've never liked Georgetown. Of course, I wanted them to win because of Otto Porter, but they gave a lot of really cheap shots tonight. I've see that several times over the years with them.

-- Posted by paulm on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 9:04 PM

Ott's goin pro. JT3 blew a great chance this year.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 9:34 PM
  • I know they blew it as a 2 seed.. but A professional from Vegas said on a neutral court there would be 25 teams favored to beat Georgetown, they weren't ranked preseason, they're all freshman and sophomores, if you watch there's not a ton of talent beaming from their roster, and they lost their second best player mid season.. They were overrated and benefitted from beating Syracuse twice while they were playing terrible ball.

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 9:39 PM

Sideline... My oldest graduated from Ole Miss last year and my next oldest is a sophomore there now. I'm a rebel by default (and a lot of tuition paid). He said it's insane there on the square tonite. Go rebs.

-- Posted by Attaboy on Fri, Mar 22, 2013, at 11:17 PM

While I didnt graduate from Mizzou, I still regard Mizzou over the school I did graduate from.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Sat, Mar 23, 2013, at 1:31 AM
  • Michigan looked like a Final Four team against VCU with that thrashin!

-- Posted by Bill Shakespeare on Sun, Mar 24, 2013, at 1:15 PM

I don't see the point here?

Although, Florida Gulf Coast is Sweet 16!!

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Mon, Mar 25, 2013, at 12:14 AM

You Mizzou guys need to jump on Seton Hall guard Aaron Cosby. He can really shoot the ball. He is transferring and has narrowed his list to the Tigers and the Illini. He already has a good relationship with the Illinois coaching staff. With Haith not being able to keep Negus Webster-Chan and Dominique Bull, Cosby would be a nice addition.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Apr 2, 2013, at 4:37 PM

I think Chan leaving Mizzou makes the team better just by his absence. I never understood why he saw anytime to begin with.

-- Posted by SportsMediaInformant on Tue, Apr 2, 2013, at 6:32 PM

Chan got the raw end of a deal by being forced to play PG when he wasn't ready to do so but I don't think he will be missed to much. I'm looking forward to Crosby if we could get him signed as long as Phil sticks around. With Crosby and the freshman we have a much better team next year in my opinion as long as Crosby( potentially), Brown, and the freshman play defense

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Apr 3, 2013, at 12:30 PM
  • what freshman? and Cosby would have to sit a year.. are upu meaning Jordan Clarkson?

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Wed, Apr 3, 2013, at 2:58 PM

Yes Cosby would have to sit out a year.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Apr 3, 2013, at 3:01 PM

That's true but the freshman who will come to campus next year are # 50 overall recruit Jonathan William III( he is the same size and style of player as Bowers) and Wes Clark # 73 overall( he plays PG so he can be a true backup PG for Phil) and JUCO Center Keanu Post( 6'11 hoss)

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Apr 3, 2013, at 9:13 PM
  • Wes Clark is suppose to be the real deal, definitley a true point guard. JW III is a left handed Bowers like Bunk said, but his shot is further along than what Bower's was at that age. Keanua Post is raw but 6'11 260 and you cant teach size and he can pass the ball well out of the post, likes to find open shooters. Next years team will be a lot like this years, a hell of a lot of talent but will they gel and will they decide to play defense.

-- Posted by TerryHicks4President on Wed, Apr 3, 2013, at 9:21 PM

Cosby is going to visit Mizzou the end of next week, 13-15. The dead period ends on the 11th. He averaged about 13 points last year, not to shabby.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Apr 4, 2013, at 9:27 AM

I think another ball handler makes a lot of difference on this team. I think if Brown and Ross work on their shots next year and start nailing 3s a la the 2012 team then hey we are obviously an improved offensive team. But Terry is right this team needs to learn how play consistent defense for a full 40. This is Haith's biggest liability as a coach because they didn't play D in 2011-2012 year because they didn't have enough players. 2012-2013 there was no excuse for not figuring out the defensive side of the game

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Apr 4, 2013, at 9:28 AM
  • I don't like what i see out of Post, based on what I've watched and read. Looks slow and unathletic. The kid from northern Indiana is a super athlete with a great upside, but needs skill work. Clark and JW look like they have potential.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Thu, Apr 4, 2013, at 9:54 AM

I like Post a lot but if anyone expects him to produce like Oriahki or play as many minutes they will be severly disappointed. I think he could be great in stretches for us next year.

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Apr 4, 2013, at 10:43 AM

BIG NEWS! Well not to me but prolly to some of you people. Phil Pressey will forgo his senior season and enter the 2013 NBA draft. Some of you may think this is a bad move, but I think it is a great move for Phil, of course its not that good for Mizzou. This is a weak draft and I believe Phil will do MUCH better in this draft than if he waited until next year.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Apr 10, 2013, at 11:34 AM

Most players have until mid april to pull out of the draft, but he has hired Creative Artist Agency so he is officially gone.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Apr 10, 2013, at 11:41 AM
  • Little chance he gets drafted in the 1st round and he might not get drafted at all. Too small and the decision making is way to suspect. But who knows?

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Wed, Apr 10, 2013, at 12:23 PM

Well he is projected as a 2nd rounder so really who does this benefit?

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Apr 10, 2013, at 12:24 PM

He is projected to go in the 2nd round as the 81st pick. Mizzou has two very capable ball-handlers coming in with four-star PG Wes Clark and Tulsa transfer Jordan Clarkson.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Wed, Apr 10, 2013, at 12:26 PM

There are only sixty total picks. How can he be 81st?

-- Posted by sideline starter on Wed, Apr 10, 2013, at 12:30 PM

He is listed as the 81st ranked prospect for 2013, don't know why I put 81st pick. He is projected to be drafted at some point in the 2nd round, according to ESPN's Chad Ford.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Wed, Apr 10, 2013, at 12:45 PM

Yeah PG playing ball handling gets him drafted but he may just be to small to make an impact. Why not you know get your degree?

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Apr 10, 2013, at 1:12 PM
  • This is just a thought of mine, not a rumor or anything like that. I wonder how good of a relationship Pressey had with Haith. At times you would almost think Phil was playing the way he played just to spite Haith.

-- Posted by TerryHicks4President on Wed, Apr 10, 2013, at 9:46 PM

From everything I read and the experience of last year's team I would say that he really trusted Haith as a coach. He could have bolted to Arkansas with Anderson and he didn't so that also accounts for something. He just thinks this is his best possible chance to get paid and make an NBA roster so he is bouncing

-- Posted by Bunk on Wed, Apr 10, 2013, at 9:58 PM
  • I keep reading that Pressey's height will not allow him to succeed in the NBA, I think thats BS. He's quick enough, he can leap out of the gym. Whats gunna slow Pressey down will be his decision making. Nate Robinson and Isaiah Thomas are 5'8 and are electric. Phil's two inches taller and more talented than both of them and they are having great careers in the NBA.

-- Posted by TerryHicks4President on Wed, Apr 10, 2013, at 10:06 PM

Did you seriously just say Phil Pressey is more talented than Nate Robinson, the only 3 time champion of the NBA slam dunk contest in NBA history!? Not making fun, I'm just reaffirming what I just read, cause I blacked out for a second.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Apr 10, 2013, at 10:47 PM
  • He has more basketball talent, dunking a ball doesnt make you a great basketball player. Dont get me wrong, Nate can play. But Phil has more basketball talent. Nate doesnt have a tenth of the court vision Phil has.

-- Posted by TerryHicks4President on Wed, Apr 10, 2013, at 11:27 PM
  • Nate Robinson is a way more explosive athlete than Pressey is. He's a much better scorer. Pressey does have the edge in throwing the ball to the other team. haha Seriously, I hope Phil does well because he's from Mizzou, but I don't see it happening.

I agree with the relationship issue. It seemed that Phil and Haith were never on the same page and it seemed like Haith was reluctant to lay the hammer down on him.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Thu, Apr 11, 2013, at 7:48 AM

Weren't Anderson and Pressey's father big buddies!? Like roommates or something!? I'm sure Phil wasn't overjoyed Anderson left. He recruited him.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Apr 11, 2013, at 9:35 AM

Exactly my point Buck if he really wanted to he could have bolted and no one would have begrudged him but Haith convinced him to stick around.

This has sorta been flushed out but little guys in the NBA who succeed are usually the ones who can get to the rim and deep threes. Pressey doesn't do either of those things to well and the passing lanes he saw in college are going to gobbled up by more athletic players or smarter veterans who realize those lanes have formed when Pressey does. His size makes all three of these things a serious question for him in the NBA. But he is quick and NBA players will more than likely catch the brillant passes he does make so he has a shot just not a big one.

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Apr 11, 2013, at 9:53 AM
  • Phil staying at Mizzou probably had more to do with the fact that he knew he was coming out early. Transferring/having to sit out a year would screw with that timetable. Because of that he was probably going to stay at Mizzou regardless of who they hired.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Thu, Apr 11, 2013, at 10:00 AM

Pressey is a deep bench guy if he even gets drafted. Like Bunk said, if you're as undersized as him and aren't either someone who can get to the rim or nail threes consistently, you aren't really going to make much impact. Whether as an end of the bench guy/emergency PG, D-leaguer, or international player, he still gets paid and has lower prospects next year in the draft. Go get paid while the opportunity is before you.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Thu, Apr 11, 2013, at 11:47 AM

If he was really smart he should have gone last year been a late 1st since he had high stock after playing so well is sophomore year. He probably isn't making an impact unless he makes Chris Paul level passes and decisions on a nightly basis which is a stretch for him. I listened to a podcast with Chad Ford today and he believes that Peyton Siva and Trey Burke( two small PG who are stars in college) will be mid first to 2nd rounders and they were pretty consistent and didn't turn it over. If Carter- Williams goes before Butke its a shame but it will be because he was longer and taller

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Apr 11, 2013, at 1:25 PM
  • Minimum salary for the 2013/2014 NBA season is $490,180. Not too shabby.

-- Posted by Dexter Native on Thu, Apr 11, 2013, at 1:25 PM

I think carter Williams could def go ahead of Burke, and it's deffinately because of that length he has. Yes Michigan made the championship and had a good run, but Burke technically didn't play that great as a whole. I could see a couple taller point guards go ahead of him (Smart, McCollum maybe!?)

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Apr 11, 2013, at 1:54 PM

I also think 5'11 point guard Shane Larkin will go way ahead of Pressey. 5'10 Pierre Jackson could as well, it helped that he won the NIT.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Apr 11, 2013, at 1:59 PM

I think that Burke played as well as anyone in the country. McCollum is more of 2 in my opinion Ford compared him to a combo guard like Lillard. I don't see Jackson being drafted significantly farther than Pressy and winning the NIT is pointless

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Apr 11, 2013, at 5:36 PM

Burke had some horrible games early on, and finished out with 1 and a half good games. MCCollum is listed as a point guard. Winning the NIT is better than losing in the first round to a weak Colorado State.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Apr 11, 2013, at 6:00 PM

Not really it just depends if you are open to being fooled by the notion that tournament performance is a definite indicator of talent and skill.

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Apr 11, 2013, at 6:55 PM
  • Pressey is small. He gets killed by bigger more physical guards. Pretty sure there's a few of those in the NBA. And he can't shoot. Again, he'll be lucky to get drafted.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Thu, Apr 11, 2013, at 6:58 PM

That is very true. We will have to see what the NBA scouts decide, I think some of them will like the tournament play (leadership skills and so forth) and some prolly couldn't care less. I still think Pressey will get drafted, he's a solid mid second rounder. He does have some faults, but I'd be a little shocked if he went completely undrafted.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Apr 11, 2013, at 7:49 PM

Believe me I'm sure I have 30 posts on this thread defending Pressy problem is that you can't teach height. Isiah Thomas is a much better shooter than Phil ever was though.

-- Posted by Bunk on Thu, Apr 11, 2013, at 8:11 PM
  • I feel sorry for you Mizzou fans... Bad recruting and graduation/entering respective drafts will lead to a so/so season in Basketball and DEFINITELY a 5-7 or 6-6 in Football next season.. If I were you all I would start complaining about recruiting or LACK THERE OF!!

-- Posted by footballfan29 on Sat, Apr 13, 2013, at 6:54 AM

Aaron Cosby just commited to the Illini. He was supposed to start his Mizzou visit today, but liked what he saw at Illinois so well he went ahead and pulled the trigger.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Apr 13, 2013, at 10:53 AM

I hope Pressy goes undrafted. What a flippin' moron!

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Sat, Apr 13, 2013, at 2:17 PM
  • I'm okay with Cosby going to Illinois. Haith needs to do something right with the 2-3 scholarships he has.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Sat, Apr 13, 2013, at 2:20 PM
  • If mizzou football can get to the 8-5 range as far as record is concerned they will have been successful. We don't have enough "SEC" depth to do better than that and I doubt you're ever going to get "SEC" type depth at Mizzou. The basketball team, however, is a different story. They could get to the top of the SEC if things go right.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Sat, Apr 13, 2013, at 2:23 PM
  • @ jwhitlock.. Wow 8-5? That would be pushing it beyond what they are capable of! They don't have the "SEC depth" your talking of and the recruiting class they are bringing in fo rnext season is definietly not even close to "SEC Depth"! Basketball.. saying getting at the top of the SEC is not something to brag about considering the SEC is not a dominate conference in basketball like the BIG10, PAC12, and BIG EAST are!

-- Posted by footballfan29 on Sun, Apr 14, 2013, at 6:55 AM
  • @footballfan29. You have a depth of knowledge not witnessed before by the people who frequent this site.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Sun, Apr 14, 2013, at 11:29 AM

Big East? After this year the Big East is going bye bye. There is no more Big East, so stop it with that nonsense!

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Sun, Apr 14, 2013, at 11:52 AM
  • @jwhtilock Im Sooooooo sorry if the truth hurts... But face it Mizzou sports are average at best and thats pushing it!

@ Jolly Dump yes the Big East is dissolving but I was referrring to this season and past seaons. But thank you for your time and for your useless input and opinion...

-- Posted by footballfan29 on Mon, Apr 15, 2013, at 7:33 AM

Webster-Chan will sign with Hawaii. I heard they have better weather there than Colombia.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Apr 17, 2013, at 10:59 PM

Not sure, the weather's pretty nice in Bogota, Colombia.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Thu, Apr 18, 2013, at 8:43 AM

Haha true true!

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Apr 18, 2013, at 9:31 AM

footballfan29 pull that wad out of your crack. You're pretty wiled up for no reason. You shouldn't have mentioned the Big East because they are going away and that's what I was getting at. So chill out dude.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Thu, Apr 18, 2013, at 12:12 PM
  • No wad in my crack Jolly Dump.. just tired of your Mizzou fans not admitting when your teams are subpar and trying to talk them up and saying how good this and that is. I just stated the obvious... Your welcome! : )

-- Posted by footballfan29 on Fri, Apr 19, 2013, at 12:09 PM

I'd like to know your definition of subpar or average? What is par? What is above average? Anyone can throw a broad term out there and construct their own definition to fit their opinion. Bottom line, Mizzou sports, as a whole, are well above average or par if you take all Division 1 programs into account.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Fri, Apr 19, 2013, at 12:57 PM
  • We Mizzou fans get frustrated because we'd like the football and basketball programs to compete for national championships, which they of course have not done. But any fool with 10 cents between his ears knows that Mizzou athletics, including football and basketball is way above average.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Fri, Apr 19, 2013, at 1:26 PM

Agreed, whitlock.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Fri, Apr 19, 2013, at 1:42 PM

Apparently top football recruits didn't see the program as way above average or moving in the direction of an above average program.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Apr 19, 2013, at 3:08 PM

Cool story, sideline. That really tells the story of the entire sports program as a whole.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Fri, Apr 19, 2013, at 3:26 PM
  • We are average for a power 6 conference.. I mean what makes us above average? That we were good when we ha Chase Daniel and Jeremy Maclin?

-- Posted by Thot McGee on Fri, Apr 19, 2013, at 4:17 PM

Recent decommited Rutgers guard Shane Rector will sign with Mizzou.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, Apr 21, 2013, at 9:31 AM
  • Guys the football team was bad this past year. The previous 10 years were definitely above average. When you win 8-10 games and win some bowl games you are above average. That doesn't mean they fell short a couple of years in that span. But by and large they are above average. You guys that try to split hairs will always come up short when trying to look/sound smarter than you actually are.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Sun, Apr 21, 2013, at 1:42 PM

Kentucky just offered a scholarship to Devin Booker, son of Melvin Booker who was an all American at Mizzou leading them to an undefeated conference record and elite right berth. Judging from Bookers tweets, he seems very excited about the offer. It would be pretty crappy if Mizzou let that one slip away.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Apr 24, 2013, at 6:48 PM

He is a 5 star prospect, 6'4 shooting guard, ranked around the 20 area

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Apr 24, 2013, at 6:50 PM
  • If Kentucky offered him a scholarship Mizzou won't have to worry about it slipping away because very few kids are going to pick Mizzou over Kentucky.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Wed, Apr 24, 2013, at 7:09 PM
  • Isn't he like a sophomore or is he junior?

-- Posted by BIGELW on Wed, Apr 24, 2013, at 7:46 PM

Yes he is a junior this year BIGELW. Will be a senior next year.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Apr 24, 2013, at 8:50 PM
  • @ Jwhitlock... considering 3-4 of those games were against likely FCS or very bad D1 schools Im still not impressed with your facts.. So with your previous comment you just tried to split hairs and sounded misinformed and un-intelligent trying to stand up for your team..

As far as Mizzou Basketball is concerned they will never have the Recruits to compete with Kentucky or Florida and as long as Frank Haith is in there even when they do have a solid team they will underachieve due to his coaching..

-- Posted by footballfan29 on Thu, Apr 25, 2013, at 7:15 AM
  • Footballfan29 seems to really have a nice handle on the definition of above average and how that is different from really good as well as an understanding of the defition of a fact as it is known to the world, as opposed to a fact in his little world. #saidbynooneever

As far as basketball is concerned you're wrong again in one regard. Somehow, and I don't know how, Haith can actually recruit quite well. Not at the level that Kentucky can, but he has been able to secure nice recruits. I do, however, agree that his ability to coach can be questioned at a certain level.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Thu, Apr 25, 2013, at 8:01 AM
  • According to ESPN.com Booker has been offered by Michigan, UNC, Duke and Mizzou. Throw in UK and it will be tough for Mizzou to secure this one.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Thu, Apr 25, 2013, at 6:48 PM
  • Pressy isn't as good as he is touted to me....

watching it all year, and hearing and seeing the results, and having an opinion, doesn't make me a hater....makes me a rational fan......with an opinion. You have to admit, "Player of the Year" in the SEC in pre-season, set the bar pretty high.

He didn't come close.......no where near close to that title. I wish him the best in the NBA....but I don't see many folks tossing away a half a mil a year on him.....average college guards, should have lots of above average competition......he wasn't a real factor in College basketball...can't imagine he would be in the NBA..

-- Posted by Headhunt on Fri, Apr 26, 2013, at 8:15 AM

Chaminades Jayson Tatum becomes the first kid in the 2016 class to receive an offer from Kentucky. Kentucky has only offered 1 player from 2015 class, so that's a pretty big honor! Must have seen some Eagles games they've really liked. Calipari and Antigua were both hitting a bunch of AAU games this past weekend.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Apr 29, 2013, at 9:43 PM

I believes he's #9 in the nation in that class. Or that's the last I saw.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Apr 29, 2013, at 9:46 PM
  • @ Jwhitlock.. here you go trying to defend your team with useless information again.. Haith can not recurit well at all.. because he will NEVER get a recruit over Kentucky or Florida in the SEC or any other big name college program.. Thank you and have a nice day!

-- Posted by footballfan29 on Wed, May 1, 2013, at 1:05 PM
  • Haith is one of the best recruiters in the country. He'll never get a recruit over Florida....but oh wait a second......he already did, Got JW III who had offers from Florida, North Carolina, Arkansas, Memphis, Georgetown, and Texas. Ended up with a top 10 class this year with three 4 star recruits.

-- Posted by TerryHicks4President on Wed, May 1, 2013, at 2:33 PM
  • Thank you Terry. You beat me to it. Haith got his start by being known as a good recruiter as an assistant at Texas A&M. Footballfan needs to brush up on his knowledge before running off at the mouth. Lest we forget that the Miami Hurricanes of this past year were basically all recruited by Frank Haith.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Wed, May 1, 2013, at 7:00 PM
  • Your welcome JWhit, ignorance annoys me.

-- Posted by TerryHicks4President on Wed, May 1, 2013, at 10:39 PM
  • Well then I applaud Frank Haith! Congrats to him and his staff..

-- Posted by footballfan29 on Thu, May 2, 2013, at 10:51 AM
  • @ TerryHicks4Presidednt and jwhitlock.. Yall are incorrect about Four 4 Star recruits committed to Mizzou..

According to ESPN they have Two 4 Star recruits (one being JWIII who is the #14 ranked PF), Two 3 Star recruits and one no name... An ok recruiting class but definetily not a TOP 10 class.. more like a Top 25 at #19! So not too shabby of a recruting job but you have 4 other SEC teams over them. If I was a Mizzou fan I would be glad that Phil Pressey is gone!

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/142/missouri...

-- Posted by footballfan29 on Fri, May 3, 2013, at 10:11 AM
  • Well we all seen how having the top recruts worked out for Kentucky last year.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Fri, May 3, 2013, at 10:16 AM
  • First of all, stars don't mean much. There are many players who were not 4 and 5 star talents that became great players. That being said.

John Williams and Wes Clark are 4 star recuits. Torren Jones and Shane Rector are 3 star recruits. Jordan Clarkson is a transfer from Tulsa who averaged 16 a game. Tulsa plays good basketball. They also have a 6-11 juco kid.

Mizzou was disappointing this year, yet they still competed in the SEC. They will always compete in basketball.

Also, I am not the least bit upset that Pressey is gone either.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Fri, May 3, 2013, at 10:30 AM

Kentucky didnt have the top recruiting class last year. Last years class was one of the weakest in several years (see this years weak draft). So having the best of a weak class isn't that great. Losing the number one player in the nation, and probable number 1 draft pick to season ending injury doesn't help much either. Also having top recruits doesn't mean a hill of beans if you lose your 6 top leading scorers from the years before and are the only team in division 1 basketball to not have a player on the team that started a game the year before.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, May 3, 2013, at 11:01 AM
  • They wasn't do much before Noel went down

-- Posted by BIGELW on Fri, May 3, 2013, at 12:48 PM

Well, according to Rivals.com, the Mizzou Tigers have three 4-star, and two 3-star recruits next year.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Fri, May 3, 2013, at 1:08 PM

Well, according to Rivals.com, the Mizzou Tigers have three 4-star, and two 3-star recruits next year.

-- Posted by Jolly Dump on Fri, May 3, 2013, at 1:08 PM

Mizzou has really picked it up on the 2014 recruiting trail. They've offered D'Angelo Russel who recently won the national championship with Kentucky commit and No.1 center in the nation Dakari Johnson and Kasey Hill who is heading to Florida. Maybe they can snag Booker and if they could get Black and Chiozza out of Memphis that would be nice. Although Blacks been pretty wishy washy the past couple years.

So does Haith's son play on the team!?

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, May 3, 2013, at 1:49 PM

Rivals gives you the best recruiting rankings for players. Anybody who chooses that stars don't matter as a good baseline is ignorant.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, May 3, 2013, at 1:56 PM
  • Stars, in the context that I was using, doesn't mean much. Why? Because we see kids all that time that are rated highly that don't pan out for various reason such as attitude, work ethic, etc.. We also see those kids that were not highly rated that do pan out because of a great work ethic,etc. Of course stars can serve as a "good" baseline for rating a kids talent.

It's not your fault. You were "ignorant" of my meaning.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Fri, May 3, 2013, at 3:13 PM

If you want to just throw random context into everything, go for it.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, May 3, 2013, at 3:26 PM
  • When you choose to place your own context into my words, you sometimes choose ignorance. To borrow a phrase from you, "have at it".

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Fri, May 3, 2013, at 3:29 PM
  • "go for it", not "have at it". Don't want any confusion.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Fri, May 3, 2013, at 3:29 PM
  • Footballfan29,

I guess you can't read very well. I said they have THREE FOUR STAR recruits, which according to Rivals (the most well respected recruiting site) they do. They also rank them as the 16th ranked recruiting class in the country without the signing of Shane Rector. You also said Haith would never get a recruit over Florida, which was also incorrect because he already has in JW III. Your credibility is pretty much gone. My advice to you is tuck your tail, delete this username, make a new one and start all over. Or maybe you might want to just do some research before you type another comment next time.

-- Posted by TerryHicks4President on Fri, May 3, 2013, at 4:19 PM

Just so everyone is clear the Mizzou recruiting class does have three 4 star recruits in the form of PG Wes Clark, C Keanu Post, and PF JW3. They also have two 3 stars in PF Torren Jones and PG Shane Rector.

So the thing we need to notice beyond the stars is that Haith got 4 stars at PG, C, PF. These guys body types even matchup with the PG , C, and PF that they are replacing. He also gets depth needed at PG and extra shooting in the Clarkson recruit as well. If Mizzou evolves defensively and/or shoots more consistently from 3 than we are a top 10-15 team again

-- Posted by Bunk on Fri, May 3, 2013, at 4:20 PM
  • If Post is a 4 star then those stars don't mean squat. I seen him play 3 times we played them twice and he didn't do anything and we didn't have a guy over 6'5 and beat them both times.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Fri, May 3, 2013, at 9:42 PM

That is a very small sample size BIGLEW. He averaged 12.3 ppg and 8.3 rpg so if he improves at all this offseason there is no reason he can't sustain those numbers at Mizzou. By the way what three games are you referencing?

-- Posted by Bunk on Sat, May 4, 2013, at 11:24 AM
  • When Mac beat them twice and when TRC played them in St. Louis

-- Posted by BIGELW on Sat, May 4, 2013, at 3:25 PM

While this doesn't have to do with Mizzou exactly, it does have to do with basketball in Missouri. It looks like Ben McLemoee and Kansas could be in some trouble dealing with Ben's AAU coach in St. Louis. USA Today had an article yesterday saying "Ben McLemore's former AAU coach says he received thousands of dollars in cash, lodging, meals and trips from a middle man who courted the Kansas player on behalf of sports agents and financial advisers during the 2012-13 college basketball season." He also paid for several trips, food, and clothing for McLemore as well. I'm sure this subject will gain more traction this week. AAU coach's name is Darius Cobb.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sun, May 5, 2013, at 2:10 PM

Baylor transfer Deuce Bello is headed to Mizzou.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, May 20, 2013, at 12:50 PM
  • ELW I agree with you. I'm not impressed by Post. Although Haith is pumping him up, comparing him to Oriakhi.

Deuce Bello was a highly rated recruit coming out of high school. We'll see, I guess.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Mon, May 20, 2013, at 1:04 PM

Phil Pressey among others will work out for the Celtics this weekend.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, May 23, 2013, at 12:42 PM
  • I too saw Post play twice this year. I dont think he really dominated like you would think a DI recruit would. If I had my choice I would have like too have seen them go after Djambo from TRCC much more versatile player. Djambo is 6'10 and can shoot the 3 and handle the rock ok but too late,he has already signed with Clemson.I dont even know if he got a look from MIZZOU.

-- Posted by objective fan on Fri, May 24, 2013, at 4:14 PM

2 games is an awfully small sample size to judge a guys entire skill set on

-- Posted by Bunk on Fri, May 24, 2013, at 4:41 PM
  • Well like I said I saw him 3 times and like objective said you would think he would be a little more dominate than he was the times I saw him exspecialy against a team with undersized post players like we had. I hope he does help Mizzou but he will definitely have to improve quite a bit.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Fri, May 24, 2013, at 7:18 PM
  • It's said that Post has a better overall offensive post game than Oriakhi had this time last year. However, Oriakhi improved by leaps and bounds offensively in one year. If Post can show that kind of improvement, we may be on to something. He's a long 6-11, but his body must be tightened up. He's not real lean. Haith can judge talent, so I'm not too worried about Post's potential. I do, however, worry about Haith's ability to mold a team come season.

-- Posted by jwhitlock on Fri, May 24, 2013, at 9:34 PM

Interesting topic regarding Mizzou FOOTBALL. Heard that an SEC coach has been in contact with someone close to Notre Dame regarding Everett Golson and his status. Some feel that that coach may have been from Mizzou. I heard that he cheated on his finals and that is why he is no longer in school. If thats the case he may be a perfect fit for Auburn. But what do people think about Mizzou pushing for him!?

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, May 28, 2013, at 11:02 AM
  • Academic liability needed at Mizzou? That gonna be the want ad headline?

I don't think he'd even consider Mizzou. Why would he ? He sounds perfect for Auburn though , or Florida State.........

Come on fellas...laugh .........My vote says he probably never passed the test academically to even be at ND. A college room mate I had graduated college with like a 3.87 in accounting, had a 4.0 in HS, private one in New Jersey, and never got as much as a whif at ND. Of course, he wasn't a quarterback.......what am I thinking....

-- Posted by Headhunt on Tue, May 28, 2013, at 11:29 AM

Football wise its quite interesting to just try and give the guy a shot if he academically qualifies. Besides Mighty Matty Mauk there isn't much competition in Mixzou's camp at QB next season so it would be interesting. It sounds more like he cheated though instead of just failing so that may make it muddier.

-- Posted by Bunk on Tue, May 28, 2013, at 11:46 AM
  • Bunk,

Maty Mauk will be the starter this fall. I'd put anything on it.

-- Posted by Champ Kind on Tue, May 28, 2013, at 1:14 PM

I don't know if he is ready yet but I'd live for him to work out. I love seeing the undersized kids with skills prove their mettle at the next level

-- Posted by Bunk on Tue, May 28, 2013, at 4:10 PM
  • I really hope Mauk is the QB at Mizzou next year.

-- Posted by Dexter Native on Thu, May 30, 2013, at 8:25 AM

Michael Dixon just commited to Memphis.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Wed, Jun 5, 2013, at 9:00 PM

Pressey will workout for the Knicks tomorrow.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Jun 10, 2013, at 3:55 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: