High School Basketball Forum: better game, ND vs. Jackson or Cape vs. New Madrid

Posted by CTFan on Thu, Nov 15, 2012, at 10:22 AM:

These should be both intresting first round games in the SEMO conference tournament. They will both be great. Who do you think is going to win?

Replies (15)

• i think cape & new madrid will be a great game?

-- Posted by T-Raw22 on Thu, Nov 15, 2012, at 10:33 AM
  • it should be intresting with two of capes former players who are really talented starting for new madrid

-- Posted by CTFan on Thu, Nov 15, 2012, at 10:39 AM

CTFan... say what? Can you elaborate?

-- Posted by Kobeyashi on Thu, Nov 15, 2012, at 10:53 AM
  • Yah i hadnt heard about cape boys on nmcc team, hmmm. Im interested to see nd-jaxon. Nd is always tuff no matter who or how many graduate!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Thu, Nov 15, 2012, at 11:23 AM

I wouldn't sleep on ND even last year they played tough at times against Charleston an Sikeston an collapsed against New Madrid.Cape and New Madrid should be a good one. Even Cape Sikeston r Sikeston New Madrid depending on how the brackets are......

-- Posted by stlfan38 on Thu, Nov 15, 2012, at 12:59 PM
  • Armondo Thatch played for Cape his sophomore year; played some varsity, but mainly JB. He played for nmcc last season. Delontre Haney just transferred to NMCC over the summer. He played last year off the bench but was ineligible second semester. He's a tall, long kid that is very athletic and explosive.

-- Posted by CapeAlum on Thu, Nov 15, 2012, at 1:22 PM
  • I haven't heard a lot on these forums yet about NMCC point guard Jimmerson. (hope spelling is correct) I saw him play this summer and he is outstanding, and only a sophomore. He is hard to stay in front of...

-- Posted by bball79 on Thu, Nov 15, 2012, at 2:29 PM

Jimerson should be really good again this year. Don't be suprised if 3 sophomores start for NMCC this year.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Thu, Nov 15, 2012, at 3:30 PM
  • Nmcc has a lot of young talent if they can put it together

-- Posted by T-Raw22 on Thu, Nov 15, 2012, at 5:30 PM
  • If mcfarren had that group at nmcc they would be scary. Dont count nd out they have a great group of sophs, maybe the best around. Sikeston also has sum good younger playrers.

-- Posted by BIG G on Thu, Nov 15, 2012, at 7:13 PM

Should be an interesting year, as it seems that everyone is young. Cape Central is going to be playing a lot of Freshmen and Sophomores I have heard, Jackson is fairly young, ND is starting like 4 Sophomores I think, and same with NMCC.

So you know what that means.... Anybody is probably going to be able to beat anybody on a given night, but also be defeated by anybody on any given night. Should be intriguing.

-- Posted by Kobeyashi on Fri, Nov 16, 2012, at 7:58 AM
  • All of Jackson's starters are Juniors.. not only that they have a huge advantage over everyone in the area in height and will probably be one of the best teams in the area with everyone returning except the big 6'10" kid who plays at Three Rivers now.. (IMO he wasn't that good anyways, very lazy)

-- Posted by footballfan29 on Fri, Nov 16, 2012, at 8:50 AM

Last I heard ND has 4 sophomores on varsity and they are all starting along with one junior.

-- Posted by thunderstick on Fri, Nov 16, 2012, at 9:01 AM
  • -- Posted by BuckMajor on Fri, Nov 16, 2012, at 11:36 AM
  • So who will be the players to watch for cape and nd? The only name i recognized on nd roster was landewee.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Fri, Nov 16, 2012, at 12:15 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: