High School Basketball Forum: Just curious...

Posted by semolian on Fri, Mar 18, 2011, at 10:32 AM:

We know what Bernie brings to the table; sharp shooting, pressure D, and ALOT of heart(IMO their greatest asset). Does anyone know anything about Crane? Is there alot of height for them or possibly similarities between Bernies' style of play and Cranes'?

Replies (8)

• We are gonna have our hands full against Crane they have a pretty big guy in the middle seen him get 2 ally oop dunks yesterday. It's gonna be a battle but as u said defense an HEART!!! Crane also has a few decent shooters, if we (mules) play like we did at portageville it will be the MULES first State Championship brought home Saturday.

-- Posted by mulesfan77 on Fri, Mar 18, 2011, at 11:01 AM
  • good luck Bernie!!!!!!! SE MO is rooting for you.

-- Posted by Harp98 on Fri, Mar 18, 2011, at 11:21 AM
  • mulesfan77-Is he as powerful as Tolbert from ND, maybe Flannigan? If he's about like our semo big men(excluding OTTO) I think they can play with em. as they've had competetion against these guys as well as class 4 champs sikeston(Porter). After all they held Eli Fleer to 12 points to beat New Haven. But I thank ya for the scouting report, and Im sure we're thinking alike in that the D and sweat will beat their height.

Scott1130- I was wondering about New Bloomfield as well...What makes a team that begins districts with less than 9 wins to start their district good enough to make it to state? Have to admit though it would have been something to see a team finish UNDER .500, and WIN state, that was until Bernie beat Wellington last night, then I just wanted Bernie to bring home a trophy to represent SEMO/SCAA.

I got Bernie by 4. NO OT!!! 2 IS MORE THAN ENOUGH AT A FINAL FOUR!

-- Posted by semolian on Fri, Mar 18, 2011, at 2:54 PM
  • Actually talked to a guy from Crane today he said that their middle man relies all on his height also said that he thinks Our WORK HORSE as he describes Sammy will get their big man in foul trouble early, he also informed me that this is their very first final four so they will not be as experienced as our mules maybe a lil more nervous. But nah I don't see this kid close to Tolbert or Flannigan so as ling as we try and keep their outside shooting checked we should be fine.

-- Posted by mulesfan77 on Fri, Mar 18, 2011, at 3:41 PM

As I said the other day, the real challenge was in the semi-finals. Crane is a good team but they did get the luck of the draw playing against a sub-par New Bloomfield team that had a weak spot in the bracket. It's the same as Imagine Prep was in Class 4 who made the quarters as a sub-.500 team because of the bracket. I think that Bernie, especially after getting battle-tested against a phenomenal Well-Nap team, will win by fifteen or so. This is the year for the Mules. Good luck to them.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Fri, Mar 18, 2011, at 5:27 PM
  • Sideline,

I kinda have to agree with you. I think that Bernie has seen a lot more competition on their road to state than Crane. Portageville, Thayer, new haven then Wellington, they are all quality squads with great records, crane didn't have that road and I hope that makes a difference

-- Posted by jcrow on Fri, Mar 18, 2011, at 7:06 PM
  • Well, Bernie fans....scott1130 is 0-1 in his finals predictions. He picked Borgia over Sikeston!!! Just messin' with you, scott!! Good luck, Bernie....bring another title to SEMO!!!

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Fri, Mar 18, 2011, at 8:14 PM
  • The Mules are darn lucky to even be in the championship game, thanks to the missed layup at the end of regulation by Wellington. Let's hope they can take advantage of their good fate, and take care of Crane and bring home the school's first state championship! win one for Anthony Beane, the Green twins, and all the great Mules from the past!

-- Posted by semo7178 on Fri, Mar 18, 2011, at 10:22 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: