High School Basketball Forum: Realstic outsiders view of Central, and the matchp with Sikeston.

Posted by whatup73 on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 9:54 AM:

Since the game will be in Sikeston I think Sikeston will have an edge. Cape is playing great basketball with Branch in the mix. Predict Sikeston's narrowest victory this year. Sikeston by by 3.

Replies (16)

• sikeston by 15. close at half.

-- Posted by Bleacherbum on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 10:09 AM

why didnt bj young play? and where was the game at?

-- Posted by JungleStud on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 10:39 AM

Young was on a two game suspension after getting ejected from another game for punching a player...again. The game was at Hazelwood Central. I still think they are the better team even if Young had played because they don't have to rely on one or two players to carry the load like North does.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 10:43 AM

Scott, I wouldn't go so far as to say that they have four or five guards apiece that are better than Curtis. Curtis is a very talented player and is proving it more so as the season goes on. However, Central has great team play in a similar way to Sikeston but with more height if I remember right, McNorth rides Young and Granger primarily and have proven that they can get in trouble if you can cut these two off (I think Granger will actually be better than Young overall at the end of the day), and Chaminade is the best of the three I think because they have their star and some good complementary pieces around them. I know their second best player is still injured but if he gets well enough to play, that team is going undefeated this season.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 11:12 AM
  • Was this the second or third time the young kid threw a punch. I saw the one at cape, heard he hit a kid in stl during a game.Was this the third punch. If it was the coach or administration should kick him off the team and get him some help before he hurts someone.

-- Posted by oak ridge fan on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 11:32 AM

This was the suspension for the second one. My belief is that if he does it again, he should be done for the year. The way some guys can get star treatment is ridiculous.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 11:36 AM
  • His two game suspension was MSHSAA imposed. What's amazing is that McCluer North was appealing it. Huh? He's lucky to still be on the team. Why on earth are they appealing it?

-- Posted by semohoops on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 11:44 AM

Id much rather ct play mc north. i think theyd match up better than with haz cent

-- Posted by JungleStud on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 11:59 AM

semohoops, Young is on McNorth as a hired hand pretty much after he left two other schools and sat out last season. I think the administration up there knows that he is their only hope right now. It is the thought of putting winning above principles, something that happens a lot more in St. Louis than down here.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 12:04 PM
  • If you have Charter Cable you can watch the game on the Sikeston Public Schools Channel (985). The picture quality isn't the best, but it will definitely suffice. The picture won't come on until very close to game time, so make sure to keep tuned in if there is no picture at first.

-- Posted by Jason Porter on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 1:16 PM

There isn't a webcast online anymore. However, 1400 KSIM does all the Sikeston games and will be doing a radio broadcast of this game that they will be streaming on their website. The announcer isn't a homer either, calls it real cut and dry and doesn't fudge things towards one side or the other.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 1:31 PM
  • scott....Fridays game will be on the internet at www.1400ksim.com then hover your pointer over the sports tab then click on the Sikeston Sports Live drop down.

-- Posted by mandm96 on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 1:41 PM
  • No problem.

Not for sure about tonights game. Sorry.

-- Posted by mandm96 on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 1:48 PM

I don't believe that Cape has any sort of radio broadcast website specific to their school, or I haven't heard about one at least. Prepcasts Southeast will do their games every now and again and may tonight. Usually, there will be updates on this website as well but don't expect too exciting of a game tonight.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 1:52 PM
  • Don't know if it is possible or not, but has the people in charge of the Sikeston Public Schools Channel ever thought of streaming their broadcast over the internet? There are even sites like ihigh.com where every school has their own webpage already set up (similar to maxpreps) and available to stream video directly to the website.

-- Posted by Crash Davis on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 1:55 PM

I remember one season where they webcasted every Sikeston game on KFVS12's website. They definitely have the technology to do it, great quality compared to most high school jobs. The only question is if the school has the funds to do it or could find sponsorship.

-- Posted by sideline starter on Tue, Feb 8, 2011, at 1:58 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: