who wins??

Replies (17)

• Cape all the way to the ship!

-- Posted by dukefan30 on Tue, Nov 23, 2010, at 10:44 AM

Sikeston

-- Posted by yah-yah on Tue, Nov 23, 2010, at 11:03 AM
  • Sikeston

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Tue, Nov 23, 2010, at 11:07 AM
  • Gotta back my Bulldogs! They are the most athletic team in the tournament and I'm looking forward to watchn them run and gun!! Shoot, Holler, and Foller!!

-- Posted by Buzzard Bill on Tue, Nov 23, 2010, at 11:14 AM
  • PB and NMCC 7 and 8??? Any chance either one of these two pull off an upset Rocket or yah-yah or not? I wouldn't think so.

-- Posted by Hemingway on Tue, Nov 23, 2010, at 11:24 AM

I don't think NMCC will because they are extremely young and their JV wasn't all that good last season. PB may give Cape a run for their money because they still have some decent players even though they are past the Raulston era.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Tue, Nov 23, 2010, at 11:27 AM
  • Of course PB is going to give Cape a run for their money, a sikestan fan said it so of course were going to be upset. But not big bad sikestan.

-- Posted by CTathletics2010 on Tue, Nov 23, 2010, at 11:30 AM

Anyone have the times and dates for these games?

-- Posted by Soggy Bottom Boy on Tue, Nov 23, 2010, at 11:38 AM
  • Dates and times...follow the link.

http://www.standard-democrat.com/story/1682783.html

-- Posted by semohoops on Tue, Nov 23, 2010, at 11:44 AM

I'll take G'darius county central to upset sikeston and win it all With at least 5 dunks a game And a touchdown

-- Posted by EaZyE on Tue, Nov 23, 2010, at 11:45 AM

CTathletics, I didn't say you would be upset. Nice try, though.

-- Posted by yah-yah on Tue, Nov 23, 2010, at 12:18 PM
  • The football season was great. It was awesome watching Sikeston make another semifinal run, but football is over. Time to move the action about 100 yds to the west to the Round House of Roundball a.k.a. the House that Fred built a.k.a the Sikeston Fieldhouse. I just hope Sikeston get enough practices in.

-- Posted by Fatboy1972 on Tue, Nov 23, 2010, at 12:29 PM
  • Don't understand how Dexter got seeded ahead of PB and Notre Dame getting waaaay to much love, i know they have Tolbert but that is it.

-- Posted by BIGELW on Tue, Nov 23, 2010, at 12:40 PM

Look for Dexter with a possible upset of nd. Jackson charleston whoever comes to play. Cape and sikeston with ease

-- Posted by JungleStud on Tue, Nov 23, 2010, at 12:52 PM

Look for Dexter with a possible upset of nd. Jackson charleston whoever comes to play. Cape and sikeston with ease

-- Posted by JungleStud on Tue, Nov 23, 2010, at 12:52 PM
  • Sikeston will get enough practices, it won't take long for them to get back in the grove..

-- Posted by Dustin Ruby on Tue, Nov 23, 2010, at 3:56 PM
  • I'd have to pick Sikeston to win. Obvious favorite in the first place, plus home court advantage doesn't hurt. The only way I can see them not winning is if the lack of time in the gym throws them off some, and their second round opponent really shows up to play. I'm not looking for them to lose, but that's the only scenario where I could see it happening.

Looks like a much weaker field overall than it has been in the past. ND is down, NMCC is down, PB is down, Jackson isn't what they were 2 or 3 years ago, Charleston is kind of a question mark, Cape Central isn't at full strength (I think) until after Christmas. Definitely not the tourney it was around '07 (I think that was the year it was so loaded).

As for the seeds, I don't really have many problems. #1 was obvious, CC at #2 is fine, ND is worthy of #3 if for no other reason than they probably have the top player in the tourney and I assume they are judged a lot by their reputation as well. The only thing I'd really change would be flipping Jackson and Dexter.

-- Posted by FarmBoy06 on Tue, Nov 23, 2010, at 4:36 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: