High School Basketball Forum: 2020-2021 High School Basketball III

Posted by indian73 on Sun, Jan 17, 2021, at 10:47 PM:

Dexter @ NMCC Friday... any other intriguing matchups this week?

Replies (171)

• Hope I'm not out of line here, but for those that are basketball junkies and don't mind expanding their horizons a bit: Kickapoo at Nixa

http://www.citylinktv.com/channel/nixa-eagles/

-- Posted by Uncle Fatz on Mon, Jan 18, 2021, at 2:09 AM
  • bernie and oran plays tonight.

-- Posted by CaptainC on Mon, Jan 18, 2021, at 6:26 PM
  • Does anybody know how Dexter gets to play in SCAA and the SEMO Conference?

-- Posted by TheTruth09 on Tue, Jan 19, 2021, at 2:51 PM
  • I’m guessing 2 different reasons.... they decided they wanted to and both conferences accepted them.

-- Posted by indian73 on Tue, Jan 19, 2021, at 3:24 PM

I think they were in the SCAA first then as they outgrew it, they got into the SEMO conference to bulk up their schedule.

-- Posted by $ecretagentman on Tue, Jan 19, 2021, at 10:07 PM
  • Well, the Kickapoo Nixa game was as expected a barn-burner. If you go to the link now, you will need to go to "ON DEMAND" tab. Actually, all three games(freshman, Jv, and V) were barn-burners.

-- Posted by Uncle Fatz on Wed, Jan 20, 2021, at 7:39 AM
  • NMcc at twin rivers score??

-- Posted by indian73 on Wed, Jan 20, 2021, at 2:41 PM
  • Didn’t play . Twin Rivers covid -19

-- Posted by wjhfarms on Wed, Jan 20, 2021, at 9:01 PM
  • Thanks wjhfarms

-- Posted by indian73 on Wed, Jan 20, 2021, at 10:07 PM

I assume the Charleston-Bernie game scheduled for Friday has been canceled since Charleston schools shut down till February 1.

-- Posted by birdfan on Thu, Jan 21, 2021, at 2:11 PM
  • Cape Central is really underachieving. I believe Notre Dame is the better team but giving up a 12 point lead in your own gym in the 4th quarter doesn’t happen to good teams.

-- Posted by SemoFan67 on Thu, Jan 21, 2021, at 9:51 PM

Tap Birdfan. I read all athletic activities are shut down too.

-- Posted by $ecretagentman on Fri, Jan 22, 2021, at 6:59 AM
  • I guess New Madrid should stop thinking about Vashon and worry about getting by Dexter in districts.

It took OT and Dexter blowing the last 15 seconds with missed FTs + a missed opportunity on an NM technical for them to pull it off.

-- Posted by Dr. Acula on Fri, Jan 22, 2021, at 9:24 PM
  • @dr. acula. i told everyone that game would be a barn burner. no one believed me.

-- Posted by CaptainC on Fri, Jan 22, 2021, at 9:31 PM
  • Eh em

I did

-- Posted by Dr. Acula on Fri, Jan 22, 2021, at 9:32 PM
  • And Dexter still got the L. Dexter shot it really, really well. Dexter gave up to many offensive rebounds and that's what beat them. They are to soft in the paint to beat NMCC.

-- Posted by ealge97 on Fri, Jan 22, 2021, at 9:36 PM
  • How many times will a team loose a game when they shoot 65% 3’s and 60% FG... not to often... nmcc dodged a bullet! Good teams find ways to win!

-- Posted by indian73 on Fri, Jan 22, 2021, at 9:38 PM
  • What game were you watching Eagle?

Oh the one where Dexter owned NM for pretty much the whole game then handed y’all the win in the last 15 seconds? I would shut my mouth and quietly accept the win if I were a NM fan. But it looks like you NM folks aren’t capable of that since you’re not used to winning and don’t know how to act. I know it has been a while but you could at least have some common sense about it. You will have to play this team again so I wouldn’t get too cocky considering they shot over your stellar defense and repeatedly beat the press. Dexter lost this game, new Madrid didn't win it.

-- Posted by Dr. Acula on Fri, Jan 22, 2021, at 10:00 PM
  • Calm down Doc! Nmcc had 14 offensive rebounds. That is how Nmcc WON the game Doc.

-- Posted by ealge97 on Fri, Jan 22, 2021, at 10:21 PM
  • @dr. acula. i told everyone that game would be a barn burner. no one believed me.

-- Posted by CaptainC on Sat, Jan 23, 2021, at 12:23 AM
  • Possible an undefeated nmcc could meet Dexter in post-season play. Still players and fans in New Madrid upset over the outcome from that same situation in 1970. Lot of emotion in Bloomfield gym that night.Lloyd Hyten of Dexter and Mark Baker of New Madrid wrote the book on guard play in that game.

-- Posted by Ernie D on Sat, Jan 23, 2021, at 6:14 AM
  • Correction Ernie D ... it was George “June Bug” Ross for NM that game... Mark Baker emerged the next year and made 1st team Allstate. Baker was a junior on the 1970 team and came off the bench playing substantial minutes though. But yes Dexter ended NM undefeated season. I was at that game!

-- Posted by indian73 on Sat, Jan 23, 2021, at 11:06 AM
  • Hyten and Ross both named class M Allstate(HM)in 1970

-- Posted by indian73 on Sat, Jan 23, 2021, at 11:12 AM
  • Ernie D .... unless Mark Baker put on some kind of guard performance in that game I have forgotten about... he was a junior on that team

-- Posted by indian73 on Sat, Jan 23, 2021, at 12:21 PM
  • I was also at the game and part of the reason Dexter won was junebug had a tough 4th quarter offensively. Baker was a starter as a junior and was and always was a defensive guard of the likes of Quinn Buckner. He could undress ball handlers coming across the halfline

-- Posted by Ernie D on Sat, Jan 23, 2021, at 1:28 PM
  • I believe class M ranged from 250 to 750 enrollment

-- Posted by Ernie D on Sat, Jan 23, 2021, at 1:30 PM
  • Yes u r right Ernie D ... I remember him struggling... anyways ...

-- Posted by indian73 on Sat, Jan 23, 2021, at 1:34 PM
  • The 1970 NM team main 8 players were George Ross, George Mann, James Tucker, Joe Walker, Nathaniel Malone, Mark Baker, Richard Phillips and Henry Ransburgh... I know Ross, Mann, Tucker and Walker started all the time and think maybe 5th starter would vary at times...

-- Posted by indian73 on Sat, Jan 23, 2021, at 1:44 PM
  • ..... and that’s how I recall it from 51 years ago! 🤷🏻‍♂️

-- Posted by indian73 on Sat, Jan 23, 2021, at 1:47 PM
  • ...and the other 2 players on that team were Carey Phillips and Henry Conway

-- Posted by indian73 on Sat, Jan 23, 2021, at 1:49 PM
  • Ah yes.....Ol’ June Bug

-- Posted by Champ1974 on Sat, Jan 23, 2021, at 4:02 PM
  • Dexter looked as good or better than NMCC to me. Dexter did shoot a high percentage, but that was because they worked hard for open looks and when they get an open look they are going to shoot a high percentage. I see no reason why they can't shoot a similar percentage if the teams play again in district.

NMCC never got 'owned' it was tight all the way. The NMCC pressure was less than I thought it would be, I wouldn't be surprised to see it turned up a notch if they meet again. Dexter handled it ok, and they were able to score some easy buckets off of it like most good teams do. I still think the trapping full court press could give them problems especially if they have to fight it the whole game.

I haven't heard(or read) anyone I know that thought Dexter was a bad team or didn't have a chance against NMCC. They are the 2nd ranked team in the area, I was not surprised at all at how close the game was, so I don't know where this strawman of everyone disrespecting Dexter came from. I know they aren't ranked in the coaches poll, but the truth is that NMCC is probably overrated because of their record. Like I said in another post I think southeast missouri is down a little bit this year.

Dexter and NMCC probably should be ranked at the bottom of the top 10 if at all.

One last point, I think Dexter probably played at their ceiling against NMCC. I do think they probably gained confidence that they can beat NMCC which is important, but I don't think they can play at a much higher level than they played Friday. NMCC on the other hand is very young and likely to improve. I am not convinced that NMCC has even played their best line-up yet, or that they have played their most aggressive defense. I think they have a lot of room for improvement and they have just the coach to help them develop. Advantage: NMCC if they meet again. I hope it happens, it will be fun to watch.

-- Posted by Uncle Fatz on Sun, Jan 24, 2021, at 12:48 AM
  • You just have to win by 1. It doesn’t matter about anytelse but the win. There is a lot of hate on this post! NM I’m sure hasn’t said they wanna play Vashon

-- Posted by That Dude on Sun, Jan 24, 2021, at 1:10 AM
  • Any comment that says winning is the only thing that matters always gets my attention. I would expect the Dexter players would rather enjoy the competitive challenge of an overtime loss by one point over a Tuesday night 40 point win against an overmatched opponent. If this were not the case then any athletic director should strive to only schedule sure wins and players should be safe and only play in the driveway against their way younger brother——-or sister.

-- Posted by Ernie D on Sun, Jan 24, 2021, at 11:23 AM
  • How does everyone think the conference tournaments will play out? Scott-Miss, Bootheel, OFC, Tri-County?

-- Posted by CaptainC on Thu, Jan 28, 2021, at 12:22 PM

Let me take a crack at this..

Scott-Miss - I think this will be a good tourney. I'll give Oran the edge but I think Kelly/Scott City will have something to say about that. It's a toss up for me.

Bootheel - Campbell

Tri-County - I have no idea. I think this one is a toss-up too. I think it's whichever team out of Risco/Clarkton/Cooter/Holcomb/Gideon is playing best b/c it seems they've all kinda beat each other w/ no clear edge. Of course I haven't seen a whole lot of basketball from that conferene as I have in the past.

OFC - I'll go w/ Doniphan.

-- Posted by $ecretagentman on Thu, Jan 28, 2021, at 2:35 PM
  • Boys Scott-Mississippi Conference Tournament:

Scott City should walk to the Championship game. Can Oran beat a talented but inconsistent Kelly team three times this season to reach the title game? Anyone of these three teams can win it. The Championship game should be a good one!

-- Posted by moverandshaker on Thu, Jan 28, 2021, at 10:34 PM
  • Leopold downs Oran and Jackson topped Notre Dame. Both upsets. Definitely didn’t expect that.

-- Posted by CaptainC on Fri, Jan 29, 2021, at 10:09 PM
  • The picture of Donnie Ray Brown with his arms

around Marcelous Phillips is indicative of Central’s success this year. Coach McFerren’s players eventually learn that by trusting and relying on each other they will be more able to survive playing for Coach Mac. He knows exactly what he is doing to develop that camaraderie. Great picture. Mac isn’t the only coach that knows that but he may be the best at it. Seems like he used to let Charleston teams lose a few early in the year before they would gel and go on to win State.

-- Posted by Ernie D on Sat, Jan 30, 2021, at 8:59 AM
  • D you’re spot on! He does preach “togetherness “ no one player is above the team. You will sit together, go to restroom together whatever it is it’s going to be as a unit! I definitely agree to that but he never “ let” Charleston lose for the sake of losing lol that’s a very competitive man still till this day. He wanted to win every game and he prepared you to think like that!

-- Posted by That Dude on Sat, Jan 30, 2021, at 10:22 AM
  • I have watched him lean back in the chair and let players struggle until they decided is way might be worth listening to. Sometimes that resulted in early season losses.didn’t say he accepted losing. But he did know how to look ahead

-- Posted by Ernie D on Sat, Jan 30, 2021, at 10:56 AM

Well, I wouldn't say he "let them lose early" as much as didn't take regular season losses too close to the heart as the ultimate goal is to peak come district play. Those losses were/are used to find areas for improvement. This is why you see some Charleston & NMCC state title banners with several (6-10) losses during the season. Conference titles, Tournament Championships, & regular season polls don't really "matter" because hoisting a championship trophy & winning the last game of the season is always the goal & that's all anybody will remember, not the loss to Cape Central in the SEMO Conference

-- Posted by $ecretagentman on Sat, Jan 30, 2021, at 1:35 PM

CaptainC,

I really wouldn't even call them upsets. This is starting to be a really intriguing Indians team.

You never know what Leopold team you will get from night to night. Plus this is not the same Oran teams from the past couple of years. Not saying they can't get the job done, but their diffently is a drop in talent.

-- Posted by gregbrown80 on Sat, Jan 30, 2021, at 1:39 PM
  • Not losing for the sake of losing but learning the consequences of not buying into the coach’s methods. I have seen Mac and other coaches maybe not “let” the team lose but they didnt necessarily do much to stop it. Kinda like a letting an insistent kid go out to play in the cold without his coat. In a few minutes he will be back in to get it. Well , even high schoolers can eventually figure out that teamwork can be a nice idea.

-- Posted by Ernie D on Sat, Jan 30, 2021, at 2:38 PM
  • The picture of Donnie Ray Brown with his arms

around Marcelous Phillips is indicative of Central’s success this year. Coach McFerren’s players eventually learn that by trusting and relying on each other they will be more able to survive playing for Coach Mac. He knows exactly what he is doing to develop that camaraderie. Great picture. Mac isn’t the only coach that knows that but he may be the best at it. Seems like he used to let Charleston teams lose a few early in the year before they would gel and go on to win State.

-- Posted by Ernie D on Tue, Feb 2, 2021, at 2:20 AM
  • Don’t know how this re-posted. Unintentional foul.

-- Posted by Ernie D on Tue, Feb 2, 2021, at 7:16 AM
  • Poplar Bluff at NMCC tonight! I look for this to be a tight game all the way through.

Does anyone know where to find a listing of the SEMO conference standings?

-- Posted by Uncle Fatz on Tue, Feb 2, 2021, at 3:32 PM
  • Scott-Mississippi Conference Tournament Championship Game:

Kelly vs. Scott City

This should be a great game and a toss up. Jansen & Conner will get their points. The difference in the game will be who scores the most beyond those two???

-- Posted by moverandshaker on Tue, Feb 2, 2021, at 10:40 PM
  • I got Scott City winning personally

-- Posted by CaptainC on Tue, Feb 2, 2021, at 11:29 PM
  • CaptainC, I agree.

-- Posted by surfgurl_09 on Wed, Feb 3, 2021, at 9:06 AM
  • Portageville and Campbell down south for the Bootheel Conference Championship. I don't know too much about that Zalma tournament. Is there anything going on there?

-- Posted by CaptainC on Wed, Feb 3, 2021, at 11:11 AM
  • CaptainC - Missouri Valley Conference championship Leopold vs Meadow Heights. Should be a good game.

-- Posted by surfgurl_09 on Wed, Feb 3, 2021, at 12:08 PM
  • Sorry - correction - Mississippi Valley, not Missouri Valley.

-- Posted by surfgurl_09 on Wed, Feb 3, 2021, at 12:11 PM
  • Surfgurl- I had no idea that conference was so weak. Leopold should win that game very handily. I understand it's a small school conference so it being that weak is understandable I guess.

-- Posted by CaptainC on Wed, Feb 3, 2021, at 12:27 PM
  • Meadow Heights has the ability to give Leopold a run for their money.

-- Posted by surfgurl_09 on Wed, Feb 3, 2021, at 2:36 PM
  • The deltan - for boys C1D2, it’s clear the #1 seed is between Delta and Leopold. Who do you think gets it? A case could be made for either...similar records, similar opponents. Something tells me Delta, but it’s hard to sleep on Leopold with signature wins vs Advance and Oran.

-- Posted by surfgurl_09 on Wed, Feb 3, 2021, at 8:59 PM
  • Surfgurl_09, for Leopold those signature wins means something. Now, Advance is playing much better since the Christmas tournament but that is still considered a quality win as well with Oran. Delta has solid win over Meadow Heights as well as a loss. My thoughts are Delta gets the number 1 seed, but who shows up to win it will be the deciding factor.

-- Posted by The deltan on Wed, Feb 3, 2021, at 9:39 PM
  • Head to head, I like Delta over Leopold. The “system” and more depth. It seems they could run Leopold to death, even if they give up some easy buckets in the process.

If MHSAA schedule is correct, Leopold is at Advance Tuesday. I’d like to see that rematch. A lot of water under the bridge since the Christmas Tournament.

-- Posted by surfgurl_09 on Wed, Feb 3, 2021, at 9:54 PM
  • surfgurl_09, you and me both would like to that game. Advance is as good anyone in Southeast Missouri right now.

-- Posted by The deltan on Thu, Feb 4, 2021, at 6:00 AM
  • Campbell got Portageville pretty good last night. Curious to see how they fare against Sikeston and Notre Dame...

-- Posted by CaptainC on Fri, Feb 5, 2021, at 10:13 AM
  • Campbell plays at Sikeston tomorrow at 4:30.

-- Posted by sm0723 on Fri, Feb 5, 2021, at 10:33 AM
  • Yep. Got my ticket and ready to watch. If they can clip them I’d be impressed.

-- Posted by CaptainC on Fri, Feb 5, 2021, at 11:48 AM
  • Scott-Mississippi Conference Tournament Final:

Kelly 54

Scott City 47

-- Posted by moverandshaker on Fri, Feb 5, 2021, at 11:43 PM
  • Sikeston 85, Campbell 82

Great game. Leroy Atkins with unofficial 43 points led Sikeston to victory. Campbell had the lead the entire game until the 4th.

-- Posted by sm0723 on Sat, Feb 6, 2021, at 6:26 PM
  • Very good game! Sikeston brought pressure like Campbell hasn’t seen all year but proud the boys fought through it and competed with a much larger school.

-- Posted by Humpback on Sat, Feb 6, 2021, at 7:17 PM
  • The game Saturday between Sikeston and Cambell was a good one. Cambell will no doubt win there district with ease. But I couldn't beleive that the final shot wasnt taken by Fowler. A kid that generates in one shape form or fashion about 70% of there offense has to take the final shot. Sikeston's quickness finally wore them out, though. In the final 3 or 4 minutes, the Bulldogs scored at will inside on Cambell. Also Cambell has no bench, so Sikeston's deepness won their also.

I think Sikeston is improveing, and may make some noise before the season is over.

Cambell can make a deep run this year, but look to be a one-trick pony, juging from the beating there JV took from Sikeston.

-- Posted by cotton plant on Mon, Feb 8, 2021, at 2:35 PM
  • That has to be the most educated post I have ever read on here 🤦‍♂️

-- Posted by Humpback on Mon, Feb 8, 2021, at 3:10 PM
  • Humpback...other than some grammatical or spelling errors, what, specifically, do you disagree with what cotton plant said?

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Mon, Feb 8, 2021, at 6:00 PM
  • Didn’t say I disagreed with anything

-- Posted by Humpback on Mon, Feb 8, 2021, at 7:50 PM
  • Fowler generating 70% of their offense? Man you must not watch them. Parker averages 16 a game with Siebert right behind him with 14 a game. Also got Morrison averaging around 10. Those boys can score. Also they were wore out playing on a college court at the field house. Sikeston could definitely make noise before the seasons over. Don’t even try to demerit Campbell from that loss.

-- Posted by CaptainC on Mon, Feb 8, 2021, at 9:11 PM
  • Spoken like a true parent who keeps a scorebook up in the bleachers, Captain C. When Cambell wins there district, every game from then on will be played on a collage size court, so you can throw that excuse out the window.

If you dont understand that Fowler makes up 70% of there offense i will try to explain it to you slowly. He scores around 30 points per game, gets about 8 or 9 assits per game, and probably gets 5-6 steals per game. Plus he brings the ball up the court against every team's presure, limiting turnovers that lesser guards make. I'd say that makes up 70% of what Cambell is capable of doing.

He is the reason they are where they are this year and has been since he was a 9th grader. Without him they are a maybe a break even team.

Cambell will go deep this year, but you would be foolish to be thinking that he's not the main reason for there successes.

-- Posted by cotton plant on Tue, Feb 9, 2021, at 7:05 AM
  • Ok, humpback. You were just ridiculing him for his grammatical and spelling mistakes. Got it.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Tue, Feb 9, 2021, at 8:58 AM
  • @cotton plant. The college court thing was something small but it did tire them out. But in a way it's not gonna be bad due to the teams they would see in the sectional and quarterfinal don't play near as fast as Sikeston. Fowler averages 25 a game with 4 assists to go with it. Excellent player that gives Campbell their motor. I just don't understand why your giving him all the praise when his supporting cast is very talented.

-- Posted by CaptainC on Tue, Feb 9, 2021, at 9:06 AM
  • Does Cambell have anyone else on there team that

1. has scored over 2000 points or for that matter, is nearing 1000 points?

2. has any chance of playing collage basketball?

3. can score at will against any team he faces and handel all the pressure of putting a team on his back and carry them?

I rest my case.

Cambell needs to be on there knees every night thanking the Lord above for him and his father and what they have done for there program.

-- Posted by cotton plant on Tue, Feb 9, 2021, at 9:24 AM
  • It’s funny how cotton plant has acted completely uneducated with his rambling posts in the past and pretty dumb comments but now when questioned his intelligence he can pop off comments that make a little sense. Well played. Works a lot better when you don’t act like a uneducated hick

-- Posted by Humpback on Tue, Feb 9, 2021, at 10:07 AM
  • Alright

1. You won't ever have a team that has 2 or more players with 2000 points if they played together all through high school. And Kaden Siebert is ticking right around the 900 mark. Doubtful he gets it unless a deep run is made and he continues to produce his average in the final games. He most likely would have got it last year had it not been for an ankle injury he had last year in his junior season.

2. Campbell athletes are all going to play baseball besides Fowler who will obviously go somewhere to play basketball. Some of those boys could make some NAIA schools if they put forth the effort for the basketball squad but they are much more talented at baseball and have a more natural love for it.

3. Fowler can absolutely put the ball in the hole at will and does great at handling the ball under the pressure. I'm not saying he can't. But if he didn't have his teammates, he wouldn't be at 2000.

Campbell is very thankful for Coach Steve Fowler and his son. I don't think you'll find a single soul in Campbell that would disagree with that. I rest my case.

Your points you made literally meant he's a great player. I could ask you the same thing for other schools. I guess since he plays for Campbell your going to demerit them for losing to Sikeston. Read that slowly.

Best of luck to Sikeston this year in the post season. I am very confident that they can give Cape Central and ND a good ball game.

-- Posted by CaptainC on Tue, Feb 9, 2021, at 10:08 AM
  • Humpback, I learned to spell funetically at Bucoda elementary school. I also suffer from lysdexia.

-- Posted by cotton plant on Tue, Feb 9, 2021, at 1:59 PM
  • Welcome back Humpback. I haven't seen you on here since I called you out for changing your name lol

Campbell would be average without Fowler. They also would not get out of the district without him. The 6 other kids that actually play are good athletes with some size, but I think you guys are severely underselling what Fowler does for that team.

-- Posted by omaha on Tue, Feb 9, 2021, at 2:09 PM
  • Well @omaha, Campbell has Fowler. I guess we could say that for a lot of teams however can’t we? Tip your hat when it’s due

-- Posted by CaptainC on Tue, Feb 9, 2021, at 3:17 PM
  • I haven’t downplayed anything about what Fowler brings to the team. He is the motor to the team that’s for sure. This year he has more options around him.

-- Posted by Humpback on Tue, Feb 9, 2021, at 8:29 PM
  • What in the world? Scott City 69 Cambell 57?

-- Posted by cotton plant on Sun, Feb 14, 2021, at 8:48 AM
  • @cottonplant, SC outplayed them. Campbell wasn’t ready to play on the road and they got beat. Not making an excuse for them but their 2nd leading scorer and leading rebounder got hurt on the tip-off. Scott City is legit.

-- Posted by CaptainC on Sun, Feb 14, 2021, at 9:28 AM
  • I thought CAMPBELL’s “depth” would allow them to withstand an injury. I keep hearing about how good their bench is?

-- Posted by omaha on Sun, Feb 14, 2021, at 12:56 PM
  • My thoughts exactly, Omaha. I guess their is a difference between the talent of legit programs and bottom feeders so it may be harter for that bench to score against. As you move to the post-season, that bench will even be less help. I hope Cambell's injured player gets better, cause they may need him.

-- Posted by cotton plant on Sun, Feb 14, 2021, at 1:28 PM
  • @omaha, not one of their bench players are 6’3 and can score or rebound like he does. It seems Campbell is always going to have people that pray on teenagers downfalls. Sad to see man. Sad to see.

-- Posted by CaptainC on Sun, Feb 14, 2021, at 1:37 PM
  • I don’t root for Campbell to fail. I don’t have anything against them, even. I just enjoy seeing the parents and player who runs their mouths have to eat a little crow. It’s good for you sometimes. Maybe if you didn’t talk as much, you wouldn’t have people getting after you as much!

-- Posted by omaha on Sun, Feb 14, 2021, at 1:43 PM
  • Yup. Your disrespectful to a team that’s done nothing to you. I don’t believe I’ve ever said anything about Campbell’s games in a cocky or disrespectful way to another team. In fact I’ve actually praised other teams this year and give respect when due. Yo appears to me you only show up when you wanna talk down on Campbell and not to anything else...

-- Posted by CaptainC on Sun, Feb 14, 2021, at 1:47 PM
  • “Harter.” Lol learn grammar and maybe I’ll consider being serious about your points

-- Posted by CaptainC on Sun, Feb 14, 2021, at 1:49 PM
  • CaptainC that’s what COWARDS do!

-- Posted by Humpback on Sun, Feb 14, 2021, at 1:53 PM
  • I guess you hurt there feelings Omaha. Sounds like they may be parents living through there children, because they could not get it done thereselves when they were in school. But i dont no for sure.

-- Posted by cotton plant on Sun, Feb 14, 2021, at 2:11 PM
  • He’s not hurting anyone’s feelings. Campbell had to face adversity yesterday. They have to bounce back. All 9 of them know what’s at task and they have to fix what they did wrong to win.

-- Posted by CaptainC on Sun, Feb 14, 2021, at 2:20 PM
  • Cotton Plant disrespecting high school students behind fake names is ridiculous. Doesn’t matter what you and Omaha want to claim you know it’s making digs at student athletes. Depth is always a topic, Campbell has players that don’t play as much as others but are capable. You don’t think those athletes read this forum? As a student athlete who doesn’t play as much as others do you think they want to get here and read them getting dogged by jerks like you and Omaha? So yes I get heated. Grow up!

-- Posted by Humpback on Sun, Feb 14, 2021, at 2:35 PM
  • Good luck to my Senath-Hoernersville Lions. With a new coach, they have continued the winning ways establisht by coach Clarke the past 4 years. I know they have a tough path in there districts. What ever team has to play Thayer will be in for a tough night. Speaking of coach Clarke, he has those Indians of Kennett playing well also. But they may be in the difficultest district of all teams in Class 4. It will be exciteing to watch.

-- Posted by cotton plant on Mon, Feb 15, 2021, at 9:56 AM
  • The Class 4 District 1 is probably the toughest Class 4 District in the State.

1. New Madrid County Central

2. Dexter

3. Doniphan

4. Kennett

5. Kelly

-- Posted by moverandshaker on Mon, Feb 15, 2021, at 10:16 AM
  • Looks like Campbell got smoked again today...

-- Posted by Champ1974 on Sat, Feb 20, 2021, at 10:09 PM
  • @champ. Oh. Against a class 5 school whose state ranked? Against a team thats fresh off a South Iron win? Y’all must be hungry to talk about this group.

-- Posted by CaptainC on Sat, Feb 20, 2021, at 11:32 PM
  • @Captain Crunch, tip your hat when it’s due...

-- Posted by Champ1974 on Sun, Feb 21, 2021, at 9:04 AM
  • Wow there is a lot of hate for Campbell by a select few in this group. I don’t ever post on here, but to read these negative comments about a very good team from our area is sickening. We played them early in the year and I was very impressed with this group of men. They played hard and were very respectful to our team. So for adults to come out on here and belittle this team or any team for that matter is ridiculous and you should really re-evaluate your life. I’m proud of all teams from this area and hope the SCC, BHC, semo, trico all represent us well in the post season

-- Posted by BlueMule on Sun, Feb 21, 2021, at 12:13 PM
  • @champ, when have I ever discredited Notre Dame. I literally just said they were state ranked. They are by far the 2nd or 3rd best team in SEMO no debate. They are very good and better than Campbell. That is why they won. But to say Campbell got “smoked” is an over exaggeration.

-- Posted by CaptainC on Sun, Feb 21, 2021, at 1:31 PM
  • @bluemule I wish there was a way to like a comment on these forums. It was a pleasure to watch that game and it’s exciting to potentially see a rematch if both teams advance.

-- Posted by CaptainC on Sun, Feb 21, 2021, at 1:32 PM
  • Watch out boys, the moral police have shown up.

-- Posted by Champ1974 on Sun, Feb 21, 2021, at 8:28 PM
  • Lol

-- Posted by CaptainC on Sun, Feb 21, 2021, at 9:29 PM
  • If i wanted a sermon Blue Mule, i would have went to Johnson Chapel yesterday. Thanks for the cyclelogical profile, though doctor. On another thread you predicted Bernie would win there district. I would worry more about the next game if i were you. Haiti could beat them. But it won't matter. Cambell will win that district by at least 25 points.

-- Posted by cotton plant on Mon, Feb 22, 2021, at 7:07 AM
  • Looking at the box score from the Cambell Noter Dame game it looks like what i said earlier was correct. Fowler scored almost half of there points. About the only thing you could win with that box score was a game of poker with that full house of 4's and 3's. For Cambell to go somewhere he will have to keep doing that. Past the district games, he must continue to score at that rate.

-- Posted by cotton plant on Mon, Feb 22, 2021, at 7:13 AM
  • They have to win the district first. And have you thought that just maybe. Just maybe. That Notre Dames defense is really good and it made it to where Campbell couldn’t hit shots?

-- Posted by CaptainC on Mon, Feb 22, 2021, at 11:27 AM
  • NMCC beats Jackson tonight by 26.

-- Posted by ealge97 on Mon, Feb 22, 2021, at 8:49 PM
  • Nice win! Coach Mac 597(by my math) career win

-- Posted by indian73 on Mon, Feb 22, 2021, at 8:59 PM
  • Nmcc has lots talented kids with a HOF coach...recipe for success 🏀

-- Posted by indian73 on Mon, Feb 22, 2021, at 9:22 PM
  • Indian73, I think the snow was good for NMCC, they are now playing two makeup games this week. As it was before it was going to be an 11 day or 12-day layoff between their final regular-season game and their district game.

All games from here on out are going to be tough. I think they do have the talent and coach to make a run, but wow! What a tough road to travel with this district and Vashon looming!

-- Posted by Uncle Fatz on Mon, Feb 22, 2021, at 11:58 PM
  • IMO Vashon is not as good as they have been the last couple years, so NM will be able to play with them, if they both get there.

-- Posted by MCL on Tue, Feb 23, 2021, at 11:39 AM
  • I agree MCL Dexter, NMCC game will be a battle if they make it.

-- Posted by ealge97 on Tue, Feb 23, 2021, at 1:30 PM
  • Vashon is still plenty good. I would never count Coach Mac out and his team is undefeated and continues to improve, but I don't think they can get Vashon this year.

They could very possibly stumble in district against Dexter, but I still say they win district, then beat district 2 Champ, and finally fall decisively to Vashon. I will be rooting hard for NMCC but I have to call it how I see it.

-- Posted by Uncle Fatz on Tue, Feb 23, 2021, at 2:28 PM
  • That's true Uncle. The one thing I see if the website is right is that Vashon has only played 8 games. That might work towards NMCC advantage.

-- Posted by ealge97 on Tue, Feb 23, 2021, at 3:07 PM
  • Lots of tickets being punched in for district finals for small schools.

C1D1- SCC & Gideon

C1D2- TBD

C1D3- South Iron and Bunker

C2D1- Campbell and Bernie

C2D2- Alton and Van Buren

C2D3- TBD

C3D1- TBD

C3D2- Charleston and Saxony Lutheran

C3D3- Kingston and Arcadia Valley

Takeaways from this? What’s gonna happen for these small schools?!

-- Posted by CaptainC on Tue, Feb 23, 2021, at 9:44 PM

I think you're right Eagle. I was wondering if maybe they weren't posting them, but MSHSAA results are usually correct as I believe it is a requirement scores be reported within like 24 hours or so. Someone would have to correct me, but anyway. I found Vashon's Twitter page and their "gameday" posts seem to verify they have played 10 or so games. They lost to Desmet tonight by a 4-5 and have 2-3 more scheduled games before districts. By my count they have played 10 games and are 9-1. It looks like they didn't play in their Nike tournaments and other high profile out of state contests they normaly do. I think the STL teams aren't "allowed" to travel outside of a certain area, which also impacted the amount of games they've played.

I'm glad you brought that into the conversation. I thought it could have just been me b/c I know Coach Irons always plays elite competition outside of any conference or district play.

-- Posted by $ecretagentman on Tue, Feb 23, 2021, at 10:34 PM
  • NMCC-83

Sikeston-46

It wasn't as close as the score indicates;) Complete domination from Opening tip to closing buzzer.

I didn't see this coming. I thought the games this week vs. Jackson and Sikeston would be tight competitive games.

NMCC is at another level. They are going to be tough to beat in district.

-- Posted by Uncle Fatz on Wed, Feb 24, 2021, at 9:03 PM
  • Campbell beat Bernie and will play Alton at Campbell on Tuesday. First district Championship ever for the Campbell program.

-- Posted by CaptainC on Thu, Feb 25, 2021, at 10:43 PM
  • CaptainC, looks like this could be the first district championship for a couple of schools Delta vs Leopold tonight. Leopold to my knowledge has never won a district title either.

-- Posted by The deltan on Fri, Feb 26, 2021, at 5:58 AM
  • That’s awesome. Glad to see some programs shine.

-- Posted by CaptainC on Fri, Feb 26, 2021, at 6:01 AM
  • Leopold lost a district title game to Scott Central by 1 or 2 points some years ago. I think it was the closest game SCC had all the way to the state championship.

-- Posted by minastirith on Fri, Feb 26, 2021, at 10:58 AM
  • Dang. Who has the upper hand in that match-up between Delta and Leopold? Not too familiar with those 2 teams.

-- Posted by CaptainC on Fri, Feb 26, 2021, at 11:07 AM
  • Dang. Who has the upper hand in that match-up between Delta and Leopold? Not too familiar with those 2 teams.

-- Posted by CaptainC on Fri, Feb 26, 2021, at 11:07 AM
  • Congradulations to Cambell on there win last night. Just as I predicted, it was too much Fowler. Without him they loose. As the road gets tougher he will have to carry them more and more.

It was a great win for a program that has never won anything big before. Now before the next time my Lions play their they will actually have a banner in the gym that means something, kinda like the many that hang in the gyms of there neighbors in the south in the county.

-- Posted by cotton plant on Fri, Feb 26, 2021, at 11:46 AM
  • Disrespectful to the other boys on the team I guess. But yeah your right about the road getting tougher. They have to face a really good team who should be ranked in the top 10 in Class 2. I'm predicting the winner of that game will be facing Advance in the quarterfinals since the sectional game they have is gonna be a cakewalk.

-- Posted by CaptainC on Fri, Feb 26, 2021, at 1:17 PM
  • Captain C, I stand by my statements. Facts and truth are hard things to except sometimes, and we live in a word where people get there feelings hurt so easily.

You and your Dromedarian friends can get triggered quicker than Tony Montana in Scarface, but without the coach's son, you would've have been the 6th or 7th seed in that district. When the rubber meets the road, from hear on out, there will be more and more pressure for your top player to perform and less need for anything other than the starting five. No more 122-27 wins where all can play.

It is very special to be a part of it, but your in denial if you dont think he will carry you. To think differently is kinda like beleiving the earth is still flat.

-- Posted by cotton plant on Fri, Feb 26, 2021, at 3:23 PM

Congratulations to all the district champions; especially the first time champs...

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Fri, Feb 26, 2021, at 4:03 PM
  • Cotton Plant, you are correct about one thing Blake is a big part of the team, team being the key word! Keep hating because your exactly what our team needs, looker room material. And by the way I think he already has a girlfriend, dont think you have a chance. Go Campbell, keep grinding!

-- Posted by BFan on Fri, Feb 26, 2021, at 9:56 PM
  • BFan, no need to acknowledge BB, i mean slim...I mean cotton plant. 🤡

-- Posted by Humpback on Fri, Feb 26, 2021, at 10:15 PM
  • So where's a story about the Delta Ladycats? They won Class 1, District 2 championship February 26 as well?????

-- Posted by Mary Beth Bowman on Sat, Feb 27, 2021, at 8:52 AM
  • Humpback ???. I saw this this morning. Who are BB and slim?

Friends of yours? Acusing me of being some other peeple?

I can guarintee you that my user name should give you an idea of where i live and what I do. I'm a farmer from Lion country-always have been.

-- Posted by cotton plant on Sat, Feb 27, 2021, at 10:02 AM
  • Mary Beth Bowman- I’m wondering the same thing! T.Davis who covered the boys game was there for girls game as well. Yet not even mentioned once!

-- Posted by jackieF80 on Sat, Feb 27, 2021, at 10:08 AM
  • When will the real slim shady stand up and quit hiding behind the cotton?

-- Posted by Humpback on Sat, Feb 27, 2021, at 12:18 PM
  • Humpback that would be funny if i knew what you were talking about. As a farmer, i have friends in many areas. Some of them that i know just happen to live near your town and had wives that were once employed at the school and had kids their too. They told me plenty. You could walk right passed me and never know who i was.

But if your innerseted in talking more drive out to county road 541 south and east of Senath. I live between the Nesbit community and Cotton Plant community. We can talk lots of basketball.

-- Posted by cotton plant on Sat, Feb 27, 2021, at 3:03 PM
  • I hear ya, little do you know I’m actually quite familiar with that area you described. Your “address” is not far from chandler farms. So pretend all you want. We can just catch up at a mule baseball game and you can fill me in with all that Campbell history you have compiled.

-- Posted by Humpback on Sat, Feb 27, 2021, at 4:43 PM
  • So someone really got under another persons skin so much that they wanted to privately meet up and “discuss basketball?” For the first time in my life I’m at a loss for words lol

-- Posted by CaptainC on Sat, Feb 27, 2021, at 4:57 PM

Is anyone familiar w/Thayer?

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Sat, Feb 27, 2021, at 5:41 PM
  • Congrats to Coach Search and his Valle Warriors. They knock off both Oran and Advance to win the Class 2 District 3 Championship!!

-- Posted by noeltrimmer on Sat, Feb 27, 2021, at 7:01 PM
  • Thayer is a good team that likes to play a slow pace. For someone like Charleston to match up who are completely different will be very interesting!

-- Posted by CaptainC on Sat, Feb 27, 2021, at 7:43 PM
  • https://www.semoball.com/story/2868488.html

For the whiny people in the back

-- Posted by cd23 on Sat, Feb 27, 2021, at 8:34 PM

StraightOuttaCharleston - From what gathered they will run a 1/2 court, set offense and won't get in a hurry to shoot. They will eat time off the clock and probably play a tight zone & try to keep driving lanes closed for the BlueJays. They want a close game in the 40s I would imagine.

-- Posted by $ecretagentman on Sun, Feb 28, 2021, at 3:38 PM

Thanks. A battle of styles of play. Good, high school playoff 🏀. They have good size from my research.

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Sun, Feb 28, 2021, at 4:57 PM

That’s right. I haven’t seen them In person but I would compare them to a good ND, Oran, Dexter, Bernie, type team in style of play. As usual when the BlueJays matchup with teams of that nature it’s gonna come down to who controls the pace of play.

-- Posted by $ecretagentman on Sun, Feb 28, 2021, at 5:36 PM

I haven’t seen them live, only on livestream or recorded videos.

-- Posted by $ecretagentman on Sun, Feb 28, 2021, at 5:37 PM

Thayer has good athletes as they had a good football team as well. I am looking forward to this game...it sounds like they will be as tough as Campbell was when we played them this year.

-- Posted by STRAIGHTOUTTACHARLESTON on Sun, Feb 28, 2021, at 5:55 PM
  • Watch out boys, the moral police have shown up.

-- Posted by Champ1974 on Mon, Mar 1, 2021, at 12:43 PM
  • Watch out boys, the champ that trashes one team has shown up.

-- Posted by CaptainC on Mon, Mar 1, 2021, at 1:50 PM
  • Watch out boys, the champ that trashes one team has shown up.

-- Posted by CaptainC on Mon, Mar 1, 2021, at 6:05 PM
  • Calm down there crunchberries. I posted that on Feb 21. Apparently semoball liked it so much they posted it again.

-- Posted by Champ1974 on Tue, Mar 2, 2021, at 1:09 PM
  • Campbell to the quarterfinals to play Valle Catholic. Delta to play South Iron, Thayer advances. Crazy stuff happened tonight.

-- Posted by CaptainC on Tue, Mar 2, 2021, at 9:22 PM
  • Can anyone in Class 1 stop South Iron?

-- Posted by surfgurl_09 on Tue, Mar 2, 2021, at 9:27 PM
  • surfgurl_09, what kind of question is that? 😆

-- Posted by The deltan on Tue, Mar 2, 2021, at 9:39 PM
  • Ha, The deltan, awfully tough elite 8 assignments for Delta last year and this year!

-- Posted by surfgurl_09 on Tue, Mar 2, 2021, at 9:43 PM
  • Man that Class 4 District 1 is definitely the toughest District in Southeast Missouri and probably the toughest Class 4 District in the whole State. NMCC walks through the SEMO Conference undefeated with Dexter giving them the only real scare. Doniphan and Kelly were no slouches. Kennett was respectable. No powder puffs in this District.

-- Posted by moverandshaker on Wed, Mar 3, 2021, at 8:05 AM
  • why is Dexter hosting the District Championship game instead of NMCC???

-- Posted by Uncle Fatz on Wed, Mar 3, 2021, at 12:48 PM
  • surfgurl_09, taking on SI, is a hard pill to swallow,but someone has to do it,,lol

-- Posted by The deltan on Wed, Mar 3, 2021, at 2:47 PM

Mover, I agree C4, D1 is as tough as they come, but I would like to throw C4,D4 into the mix w/ a Vashon/Soldan district final.

-- Posted by $ecretagentman on Wed, Mar 3, 2021, at 7:29 PM
  • I’m eager to see what happens in class 4. I wonder if NMCC could knock off Vashon. Or see a complete flip turn and see if Dexter beats NMCC

-- Posted by CaptainC on Wed, Mar 3, 2021, at 10:38 PM
  • I think the NMCC Eagles will beat Dexter by 10-15 this time around. There is just no way the Bearcats can shoot the ball as well as they did the first game. Just proud to see Dexter competitive this year in the SEMO conference after taking it on the chin for years.

-- Posted by Football2020 on Thu, Mar 4, 2021, at 8:34 AM
  • NMCC & Dexter, Delta & South Iron for boys and girls, Campbell & Valle Catholic are all big games for tonight? Who’s winning? I wonder if Dexter could stun NMCC with this being the 2nd time they will play..

-- Posted by CaptainC on Fri, Mar 5, 2021, at 8:42 AM

I think dexter/NMCC could go 2 ways...

Close game either winning

NMCC blowout

I think dexter can win, but I don’t see a blowout.

I think Campbell is a team of destiny now. Although I don’t know what Valle brings to the table, but I’m gonna say Campbell beefing ip their schedule by adding Charleston, Sikeston, & ND will benefit them.

SI rolls.

-- Posted by $ecretagentman on Fri, Mar 5, 2021, at 11:15 AM
  • Let’s not forget Sikeston vs NDame for class 5 district title .... this game has potential to be a good one

-- Posted by indian73 on Fri, Mar 5, 2021, at 11:40 AM
  • My bad Indian I had forgotten that was today!

-- Posted by CaptainC on Fri, Mar 5, 2021, at 1:57 PM
  • Where can we watch Dexter vs.. NMCC, I couldn't find it on MSHSAA

-- Posted by Uncle Fatz on Fri, Mar 5, 2021, at 2:34 PM
  • NMCC

South Iron

Campbell

ND

-- Posted by Jon Snow on Fri, Mar 5, 2021, at 2:35 PM
  • http://yhctv.com/ I found it.

-- Posted by Uncle Fatz on Fri, Mar 5, 2021, at 2:48 PM
  • Is the Sikeston/Notre Dame game being televised?

-- Posted by Sikeston fan on Fri, Mar 5, 2021, at 3:52 PM
  • https://www.mshsaa.tv/?B=244925

Notre Dame vs. Sikston

-- Posted by Uncle Fatz on Fri, Mar 5, 2021, at 4:28 PM
  • Campbell to the Final Four!

-- Posted by CaptainC on Fri, Mar 5, 2021, at 8:04 PM
  • Couldn’t end this season without giving a shoutout to Cotton Plant or any other hater of CAMPBELL. Just in case you haven’t heard CAMPBELL Camels are 2A State Champions!!!!! ❤️🐪🏀

-- Posted by BFan on Sat, Mar 13, 2021, at 11:03 AM
  • Quite ironic how they were trashed all last year and now everyone’s silent lol. That “weak supporting cast” was the biggest reason they have a state title.

-- Posted by CaptainC on Sat, Mar 13, 2021, at 2:19 PM
  • Impressive win by Campbell, but I don't think Campbell is done for the year. According to the broadcast, these guys are even better at baseball. Could another state championship be on the horizon? Congrats! and good luck on the upcoming baseball season.

-- Posted by Uncle Fatz on Sat, Mar 13, 2021, at 2:31 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: