High School Basketball Forum: New Semo High School basketball discussion page

Posted by semocardsfan21 on Fri, Jan 18, 2019, at 11:56 AM:

I’ve created a Facebook page/group to talk about everything related to boys and girls high school basketball in Southeast Missouri! I believe it needs more exposure and recognition because basketball in the Southeast Missouri is some of the best in the entire country! It’s called SEMO High School basketball on Facebook and everyone is welcome!

Replies (6)

• Mosports is where to go it free a lot goin on there semoball shot itself in the foot when they started charging

-- Posted by mizzou123 on Mon, Jan 28, 2019, at 8:32 AM
  • Mosports tends to focus on St Louis and other parts of the state. SEMOBALL has hurt the site traffic in my opinion.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Mon, Jan 28, 2019, at 3:59 PM
  • Mosports doesn't 'focus' on anything, it's just a vehicle for discussions. It's the posters that make the discussions happen when and if they choose to. If semo folks start a thread there others will jump in. Right now it seems that folks from the west and north are the ones doing that the most. There is not a bunch of posters from St. Louis on the basketball board, mostly one guy that talks about St.Louis vs Sikeston to stir up the Sikeston guys. It used to be that semo was almost the only posters, for some reason many have dropped off mosports except for some on the Cardinal board and the PC board. I can't speak to posters on the football board because I rarely go there myself.

-- Posted by 3Rfan on Thu, Jan 31, 2019, at 9:22 AM
  • I can remember when Semoball used to be a great source

-- Posted by hb1025 on Fri, Feb 1, 2019, at 8:31 AM
  • Semoball, like every other media source, is limited by resources. I sometimes disagree with how their resources are applied, but that’s probably because my view comes from things I find important.

For awhile, I think coverage was influenced by which mommy or daddy peppered Semoball with tweets. That seems to have gotten better, and leaving the onus on the coaches to submit scores and info is probably better.

I’d like to see local schools encouraging their student journalists to make Semoball and Semissourian submissions which seems like a win-win.

-- Posted by Run the Race on Fri, Feb 1, 2019, at 8:43 AM
  • 3Rfan...I misspoke. Thanks for pointing that out. I should have stated, the posters focus on other parts of the state.

Cowbell...semoball has hurt traffic to its website by charging a fee. I understand the business decision, but it has definitely hurt traffic numbers.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Fri, Feb 1, 2019, at 10:18 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: