High School Basketball Forum: Coverage of the Jr. High Bootheel Conference Tournament

Posted by baller on Wed, Dec 6, 2017, at 11:13 PM:

Hey you are missing a great tournament. Wish you guys were covering it. Missed a great battle between 8th grade #3 Caruthersville vs #7 South Pemiscot in a double over time thriller classic. I bet your just waiting for Kennett to win it all and do a huge story.

Replies (7)

Yep you wont hear about Cville or South Pem. Good Luck Cville

-- Posted by JustLoveTheGame on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 7:08 AM
  • I remember the time I coached an 8th grade team to a 3OT win. Made shots at the buzzer tied up the game at the end of regulation and the first two overtimes. We ran an out of bounds play to perfection with 5 or 6 seconds left and hit a shot when we were down by 1 to win it. I thought the roof was going to blow off the gym. I remembered being a little upset that the semissourian guy didn't stay to talk to me or any of the players when the game was over. I chalked it up to the game taking so long and me talking too much in the locker room.

I called the scores in, even though the sports clerk seemed a little confused.

To my utter displeasure, the next day, there was nothing in the paper about the game, or anything on semoball. How could this have gone unnoticed???? Then reality set in and I remembered that it was a jr high basketball game, and Nobody cared about it.

There was another game where we ran America's play on every underneath out of bounds, and got the shot we were looking for. But that story is for a later time.

-- Posted by El Burro on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 8:09 AM
  • Since the newspaper don't cover it:

BHC 8th grade Quarterfinals:

#1 Kennett-49 vs #8 Campbell-3

#4 Senath-52 vs #5 Malden-22

#3 C'ville vs #6 P'ville - not sure of final score but know C'ville won by 8

#2 Hayti vs #7 South Pem - South Pem won by around 15

BHC JH 8th grade Semifinals:

#1 Kennett-50 vs #4 Senath- 28

#3 C'ville vs #7 South Pem - C'ville won in 2OT by 1 pt

Kennett vs Cville tonight @7:30 for the championship

-- Posted by lebronjames98 on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 8:18 AM
  • As someone who tends to ruffle feathers with his sarcasm from time to time I can appreciate asdf1234's comments. There are high school games going this week. Jh basketball ain't getting covered.

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 8:51 AM
  • Try being a female athlete's parent. The snubs don't stop after junior high. Plenty of open seats at girls games. Lol.

-- Posted by vanduser2000 on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 9:28 AM
  • Got daughters myself. That's the way it goes.

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Thu, Dec 7, 2017, at 10:13 AM
  • kennett 8th grade is the best middle school team around

-- Posted by playmaker1234 on Fri, Dec 8, 2017, at 8:02 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: