High School Basketball Forum: BORGIA LOSES TO KEARNEY IN THE FINAL GAME

Posted by mizzoufan6 on Sat, Mar 13, 2010, at 9:32 PM:

i think sikeston needs a copy of this game so they can have a 3rd chance at beating Borgia. How bout it!!!!!!!!!!

Replies (5)

• would still be the same outcome borgia would have the win sorry but thats the cold hard facts

-- Posted by kmasters on Sat, Mar 13, 2010, at 10:02 PM
  • Hey 'Sharp Shooter' looks like Borgia's not the #1 team in the state after all!!!!!

-- Posted by DA#1OLDCAT on Sat, Mar 13, 2010, at 10:16 PM
  • Kearney slowed the pace of the game down to half court and made Borgia play their game. Some have told me that the Kearney defense caused problems for the Borgia shooting. They were horrible shooting around 24% for the game. If it wasn't Kearney's D then Borgia just laid the biggest egg ever when it mattered. Which proves NO ONE is unbeatable, not even Borgia whom some thought where. I even thought they would win it all. Kearney had some size though going 6'9 and 6'7 down low.

Great season for the Knights and congrat's to Kearney!

Hopefully Sikeston & Borgia will meet again next year only in the Championship game. They restructure districts again so who knows whats going to happen. Borgia loses quite a bit of talent this year as does Sikeston so who knows about next year.

-- Posted by mandm96 on Sat, Mar 13, 2010, at 11:06 PM
  • With the size of Kearney, Borgia had a difficult time inside and they probably had their worst game shooting outside in the past two years. Bad time to go cold. Speculation about who wins against who is an intellectual exercise in futility. If you publish your speculation eventually expect ridicule and to be told that "y'all don't know squat about anything." If we took a poll before the Borgia game I am sure that 95% or more would have picked Borgia. Myself, I probably would have given 10 to 1 odds that they would win. Obviously, it is unlikely I will be given a job in Vegas as an oddsmaker.

In the future, I would be very loathe to put a bet against Kearney. They always have great athletes. I watched the game against Vashon where they lost and then won, and I would have never thought they would give them a game. They almost pulled off a shocker there too. So congratulations Kearney, all you need is the baseball title and the synchronized swimming and you will have it all :)

-- Posted by citizen cyborg on Sat, Mar 13, 2010, at 11:20 PM
  • What a program State Champs, Football AND Basketball.

Congrats Kearney

-- Posted by Headhunt on Sat, Mar 13, 2010, at 11:57 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: