High School Basketball Forum: The 8th Annual Rocket689 Sikeston Bulldogs Hardwood Preview

Posted by Rocket689 on Sat, Nov 18, 2017, at 3:25 PM:

It's the most wonderful time of the year (sang in my best Andy Williams voice....I bet you sang it to yourself too). I absolutely love this time of the year....the beginning of high school hoops season and, more specifically, the beginning of my beloved Sikeston Bulldogs'hoops season!

It's now time for the highly anticipated, much awaited, oft imitated, never duplicated Rocket689 Sikeston Bulldogs preview!!! (insert crowd roar and chants of "We are Sikeston!!")

Sit back, get yourself a cup of coffee and prepare to have some knowledge dropped....

The 2017-18 edition of the Sikeston Bulldogs looks to extend its run of excellence. Last year's squad finished with a loss in the quarterfinals to Vashon (the eventual state champ) and a final record of 25-4. The nucleus of last year's squad is intact with returning starters Fred Thatch, Kevin Jones, and Trey Jenkins along with returning varsity players Don Larry, Clark Steward, Dylon Mills, Peyton Howard, BJ Hill, and Jequan Ray. Looking to add to the Dogs' depth are Owen and Parker Long, Keyth Blissett, Austin Branch, Riley Glass, and Colby Henson.

As with the past two decades, the Bulldogs are led by Hall of Fame Head Coach Gregg Holifield. By Coach Holifield's side is former Missouri Basketball Coaches Association assistant of the year and confidante, Coach Brian James. Coach James also assumes duties of head JV coach. Next is Coach Chris Sarakas who also is the freshman head coach and resident film guru. Then there is 8th grade coach Derek James...the statistician extraordinaire and local scribe. Rounding out the list....last but certainly not least, is the 7th grade coach Will Holifield (aka Sparky, D1, Whiskers....among some other unmentionables). In my opinion, this group makes up one of the best high school basketball coaching staffs on either side of the Mississippi. But I digress....

Now onto the squad....

The Dogs are led by undisputed leader, senior Fred Thatch. He is a 2 time Missouri all-stater and D1 Saint Louis University signee. Simply put, Fred is the best player in the area and in the top 3-5 in the state. He is a ferocious rebounder and skilled scorer. He will lead the Dogs in points and rebounds and be near the top in assists. Fred will also surpass 2,000 career points this year and will become the all-time scoring leader in Sikeston history. I'm not sure what else I could add to his historic career that hasn't been mentioned.

Kevin Jones, junior, brings back 2 years of experience. Kevin is a clutch performer and doesn't back down from anyone. He is described as a "killer, dog, or biter"....all terms of endearment. He brings energy and toughness to this squad. Along with being a supremely skilled guard, his gritty play is infectious on defense. He is an outstanding on ball defender. Kevin will likely average a double-double in points and dimes.

The man in the middle is 6'7" junior Trey Jenkins. Trey has uncanny knack of timing when blocking shots and is quickly developing a mid-range jumper to add to his arsenal. Trey is one of the most-skilled big men in the area. Running block to block, Trey provides some scoring around the rim and below the block. Trey can create matchup nightmares when running ball screens with Fred which opens up the plethora of scoring opportunities.

New to the Sikeston program is Owen Long. Owen is a junior move-in from Alabama. Owen's father played basketball in Sikeston back in the late 80's. Owen oozes offensive firepower...as a pure shooter and supremely skilled guard. The lefty can flat fill it up from the perimeter and is described as a "freak" shooter. Look for big numbers (possibly a double digit scorer) from him as teams key on Fred and Owen gets open looks....much to the opponents' chagrin.

The next newcomer, and twin brother of Owen Long, is Parker Long. Parker is an extraordinarily talented guard who is, flat out, a ball hawk. Besides being extremely skilled on the offensive end (sleep on him at your own risk), Parker brings yet another extraordinarily aggressive on ball defender. Besides possibly leading the team in steals, Parker could be yet another double digit scorer. The two twins have fit in nicely to Coach Holifield's vaunted "system."

Don Larry, senior, brings back a ruthless, relentless energy to the squad. Don's perimeter game has been improving and gets many of his points in transition due to his defensive prowess. Being such an aggressive defender, Don provides toughness and grit. He also provides some explosive athleticism and can score in traffic. Look for game-changing energy when Don enters the game.

Dylon Mills, senior, brings more depth to an already deep team. Dylon is one of the most-improved players on the team. The 6'5" post has a big body and can go to work with his back to the basket. He can also put the ball on the deck and get around bigger defenders as well as developing a quality perimeter game. I look for Dylon to have a breakout year....

Clark Steward, sophomore, is a returning varsity player with an off the charts basketball IQ. The ball has a knack of finding Clark. Clark provides an offensive spark off the bench as teams tend to overlook him. He averaged 20 points on last year's JV team...so he can get it in the hole. Clark is also a fantastic rebounder and defender. I expect Clark to have a very good season and be a big contributor.

Sophomore guard Peyton Howard is another player who could average double digits. Peyton has a syrupy shot and can knock down open looks with proclivity. I anticipate a big year from him as he develops his already polished skill. Peyton also provides more team speed to an already fleet-footed team.

Senior Austin Branch makes a return to the hardwood Dogs after a year hiatus. Austin brings grit and toughness on the defensive end and another shooter with range on the offensive end. He also adds another element of depth. Look for AB to bring energy when he hits the floor....

Senior Keyth Blissett makes a return after playing with the Dogs as a freshman. Thus far, Keyth has been nursing an injury. He is expected to be back around Christmas or so. At Scott Central, Keyth led their team in scoring and was a next level defender. Look for Keyth to provide the same type of scoring punch and yet another terrific on ball defender. His length will be a problem for other offenses.

Senior Jequan Ray provides a quick scoring option for Coach Holifield. Jequan has a deft touch from the perimeter with the ability to heat up quickly. Once he gets over a recent injury, look for Jequan to contribute instantly.

BJ Hill, senior, brings speed and hustle to this squad. Arguably the fastest/quickest player on the team, BJ is recovering from a broken hand suffered during football season. Once he gets the all clear to practice, BJ will be a contributor on both ends of the floor. When BJ enters the game, look for a noticeable uptick in intensity.

Next on the varsity squad is Colby Henson. Colby is a sharp-shooting sophomore who provides another offensive weapon for Coach Holifield. Colby is an extremely hard worker who has a tremendous upside. Look for good things from him this year and beyond.

Rounding out the varsity squad is newcomer Riley Glass. Riley moved to the Sikeston school district from Richland. The junior has been a hard working post/swing who has a smooth shot from the perimeter.

I realize I seemed to repeat myself discussing the offensive prowess of the Dogs, but this year's team is one of the most-talented in several years....from top to bottom. I fully expect this team to average in the 75-80 points per game range due to the plethora of offensive weapons. This team has the potential to have up to 6 or 7 players who average double digits. I also anticipate some games where the team easily hits the century mark when they are hitting on all cylinders. Additionally, with the level of athleticism and depth this team is going to be able to send waves of defenders after opposing teams. Look for this squad to really be playing good defense by mid-January.

Obviously this group has its sights set on making a deep postseason run, but Class 4, District 1 is not a given. Assuming the Dogs get out of district the Dogs have the talent and coaching to have a special year. I'm anxiously looking forward to this season! Go Dogs! #WeAreSikeston

Replies (76)

Good job Rocket. I always enjoy reading. Sounds like what should be a fun year for the red bulldogs.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Sat, Nov 18, 2017, at 3:56 PM
  • I will Say at the jamboree the other night I liked what I saw. The bama boys are definitely a benefit for us and we are really deep. For once I agree With everything Rocket says. Lol!

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Nov 18, 2017, at 4:08 PM
  • Thanks, Buck. As you can tell, it’s a passion of mine. Lol

TFA - I agree. The Bama boys can hoop. They really provide a punch to this group. I’m glad we finally agree. Ha!

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Sat, Nov 18, 2017, at 5:18 PM
  • Yippee!!!!!!

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Sat, Nov 18, 2017, at 5:21 PM
  • A nice start for Jackson today!!

Opened the season with a 81-49 win at Columbia Hickman!!😊

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sat, Nov 18, 2017, at 6:25 PM
  • Looks like there will be smiles all around except for perhaps the several Sikeston players and parents who get to watch the new additions get their minutes. But what kid (and their parents) wouldn’t trade the opportunity to play for a chance to have a front row seat for a sure fire championship season!!

-- Posted by taxpayer parent on Sat, Nov 18, 2017, at 6:29 PM
  • Tax-don’t stir a pot that you can’t handle. It will come back to burn you.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Sat, Nov 18, 2017, at 6:40 PM
  • I think they will rotate players in and out so much it will make your head spend. Lol I was Actually thinking the same thing tax but everyone seems to be find with everyone. No egos damaged

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Nov 18, 2017, at 6:46 PM
  • taxpayer you will get a front row seat soon enough. Like the old saying goes “He who stirs crap, gets to lick the spoon.” You will do some spoon licking in mid January when you make the trip south. Make sure to wear a bib

-- Posted by T-Roll on Sat, Nov 18, 2017, at 7:05 PM

Taxpayer you spoke what a lot of parents and players are thinking! It's amazing to see certain things happen over and over at Sikeston. I guess it's good when u got the hook up. Good Luck Bluejays!

-- Posted by TrueBlue24 on Sat, Nov 18, 2017, at 7:13 PM
  • Happen over and over??? Please explain

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Sat, Nov 18, 2017, at 7:26 PM
  • Rocket689, what do you think Sikestons record will be come districts? I don't know anything about Carnahan or Whitfield but I think Chaminade might be a blemish on Sikestons record.

-- Posted by Fatboy1972 on Sat, Nov 18, 2017, at 7:31 PM
  • TrueBlue...I’m not sure to what you are referring. You mean kids who move to Sikeston from another state when their dad is from Sikeston? Or the kid from Scott Central who went to Scott Central for two years while his father was coaching there, but never left the Sikeston school district, and is now back since his father isn’t employed there anymore? If there’s something else, please explain.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Sat, Nov 18, 2017, at 7:31 PM
  • That’s a tough question, FatBoy. The SEMO Conference will be tough, certainly Chaminade will be tough, we have to go to Cape Central and we never seem to play them well in their gym, we have to go to Jackson, Charleston will be good... We certainly could have a few losses (maybe 3-5)... That would make us 22-5ish... I could see that. However, if we gel and play well, we could have 1-2 losses (or less... fingers crossed).

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Sat, Nov 18, 2017, at 7:36 PM

What's understood doesn't have to be explained by the kids/parents who are affected year after year by the SHS political system.If your not blessed to have a certain name or the ability to donate to the sports program than your kid is basically screwed. Parents who pay taxes and support their kids as well as the team get pushed aside when The Haves move in and they are left being the Have Nots! We saw this happen with the Porters nothing against the Porters great family but the boys who were here played hard year after year got pushed back and a few of the players quit. just saying over and over again this type of thing happens in Sikeston.

-- Posted by TrueBlue24 on Sat, Nov 18, 2017, at 7:50 PM
  • Guess those kids need to get better. If you’re good enough you will play. If your jealous, work hard and improve. Or sit back and complain about it. If you play kids because of what parents have done in the community or what their family name is then be prepared to lose. Good ole boy network may be good in business, but not in sports. Those type of parents would rather their kid score 20 points a game and their teams record be 10-15 and be as happy as can be. Swallow your pride as a parent and see reality. If your kid is good enough no mater who moves in. You will play. If you’re not good enough. Then accept it. Tough bite to swallow. But it’s reality. Why our youth struggle in the real world. If it’s to tough. Blame someone else.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Sat, Nov 18, 2017, at 8:02 PM
  • True blue and taxpayer. Seriously, are you guys serious? Minutes are EARNED. You guys ain't at practice and are totally clueless to the process All this talk about the haves and have nots is very dumb. Sikestons program isn't successful because the "haves" are playing. Totally ridiculous. Players are not entitled to anything. You guys sound like some true snowflakes.

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Sat, Nov 18, 2017, at 8:03 PM

Your right minutes earned out the checkbook of The Haves.. I'll be a snowflake SNOWBUNNY!😂😂😂😂

-- Posted by TrueBlue24 on Sat, Nov 18, 2017, at 8:09 PM
  • TrueBlue...that's your opinion of the Sikeston basketball team, but it just isn't based on reality. The recipe for coaching that you laid out is a recipe for mediocrity and/or a losing team. I assure you Coach Holifield is not in favor of losing....neither is the rest of the coaching staff and players.

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Sat, Nov 18, 2017, at 8:11 PM
  • prepare your son better. Sounds like a disgruntled parent who’s son is sitting at the end of the bench feeling sorry for themselves. If you are really a Charleston fan, better worry about your blue jay team. They have been owned for the last few years anyway.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Sat, Nov 18, 2017, at 8:13 PM
  • It’s very sad that the season hasn’t even started and mommy and daddy are already worried about playing time. Selfish at its finest. Should have been worried about it in the offseason and in the past. Put the time in and the results will prevail.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Sat, Nov 18, 2017, at 8:20 PM
  • I totally agree about the haves and have nots. Those who have the talent, play and those who have not, don't.

-- Posted by Fatboy1972 on Sat, Nov 18, 2017, at 8:34 PM

I'm not worried. My sons have graduated. Have state titles to there name and they didn't ride the bench they were starters.They put the work in and I put my money where my mouth is that's why one has a bachelors and another working on his masters. I appreciate that my sons were able to get scholarships because of their hard work on the court and off!Every kid should have a fair opportunity if they put in the work,have the right attitude and should be rewarded. I'm not worried about Charleston they will be ready to compete against the best.💪🏾🏆 The entire Semo area will be ready to compete. Good Luck to all teams representing👍🏾

-- Posted by TrueBlue24 on Sat, Nov 18, 2017, at 8:37 PM
  • Weird interest in Sikeston then? Guess you’re boys were a have then. I mean if they were a have not they wouldn’t have played.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Sat, Nov 18, 2017, at 8:40 PM

Barley it sounds like u road the bench. Sour grapes poor fellow👎🏾Sound off

-- Posted by TrueBlue24 on Sat, Nov 18, 2017, at 8:41 PM
  • True blue you have to be really dumb to believe playing time is purchased. I guess I'll have to assume as much.

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Sat, Nov 18, 2017, at 8:45 PM
  • Far from it sir. Older and wiser.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Sat, Nov 18, 2017, at 8:46 PM
  • Excited for Jackson's season!! We beat Sikeston last year, and I feel like we could do it again!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sat, Nov 18, 2017, at 8:50 PM
  • Anything can happen Indian. But the bulldogs remember last year. Be ready

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Sat, Nov 18, 2017, at 8:52 PM
  • Gonna be fun Barkley!! Two really good teams!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sat, Nov 18, 2017, at 9:14 PM
  • Hope your haves are as good as our haves lol.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Sat, Nov 18, 2017, at 9:15 PM
  • Haha Barkley! Nice!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sat, Nov 18, 2017, at 9:21 PM

My father taught me Assuming is the father of all f-ups Ozzie n harry Never assume.. good luck IndianPride you had a stellar year on the field hopefully it carries over to the hardwood👍🏾

-- Posted by TrueBlue24 on Sat, Nov 18, 2017, at 10:46 PM
  • That rule only applies when one doesn't show their hand. ❄️

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Sat, Nov 18, 2017, at 11:00 PM
  • Thank you True Blue! And likewise!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sat, Nov 18, 2017, at 11:13 PM
  • Good report! Man, these guys always reload year after year. They run the table in SEMO, and pick up a few "W"'s in some middle of the road STL tournaments, but just cant see to win the big one when it counts. Vashon or St Mary's will beat Sikeston this year, and end their road to the state tournament.

-- Posted by cardinalnation on Sun, Nov 19, 2017, at 10:50 AM
  • Sikeston may have added enough to get past Vashon. Guess it’s a credit to their program so many new players arrived. Don’t know how others will be able to compete.

-- Posted by Neversaynever on Sun, Nov 19, 2017, at 12:35 PM
  • Indian pride , I believe Sikeston gave jackson a old fashion beat down at the summer games at Jackson .

Jackson didn’t have a chance ...& now it will be for real .

-- Posted by A fan of no fan on Sun, Nov 19, 2017, at 3:41 PM
  • I talked to a Vashon players dad last Thursday nite at Webester Groves , he said they were young real real young . They had 2- of their big men to move

-- Posted by A fan of no fan on Sun, Nov 19, 2017, at 3:45 PM
  • Was Reece one of the bigs that moved?

-- Posted by ozzyandharriet on Sun, Nov 19, 2017, at 3:51 PM
  • Yes

-- Posted by A fan of no fan on Sun, Nov 19, 2017, at 4:00 PM
  • The river bend classic will feature Vashon vs Charleston Saturday after thanksgiving at 1:pm

-- Posted by A fan of no fan on Sun, Nov 19, 2017, at 4:08 PM
  • Ozzyandharriet all starting five from last years squad are gone 6th man Mario McKinnie is left . 2- transfer and a host of class of 2020

-- Posted by A fan of no fan on Sun, Nov 19, 2017, at 7:22 PM

If V really lost all that firepower, Sikeston has a good chance to bring home a title this year. Which is cool IMO... It just means they will finally stop talking about the 2010 team.

This forum really needs a laughing face emoji...

Good luck to Sikeston, sounds like they are locked and loaded.

FWIW: If I posted the incorrect title year for Sikeston, please accept my apologies. I learned to tune you all out ages ago.

:)

-- Posted by secretagentman on Sun, Nov 19, 2017, at 8:34 PM
  • So taxpayer parent, if a family moves to Farmington that has twin boys that are good basketball players, you wouldn't give them a fair shot of playing? You would either cut them or sit them on the end of the bench in favor of the guys who have always been there?

And the other thing, it isn't like Sikeston has like a slew of varsity studs moving in. One family moved here with twins. One player is back at Sikeston, a school that he attended his entire life except the last two years when his dad coached at a different school (although he hasn't played ball since August after a surgery), and another moved here from Richland's district but is most likely a JV player. Ok so four players are here that weren't last year. It's a rare unique situation, but it happens. Somebody said this happens all the time at Sikeston and then referenced the Porters. Well that was 12 years ago. How does that qualify as happening "over and over?"

The other thing is families move. It happens. Sikeston had TWO families move into the district. The Blissetts already lived here. And people are thinking what a travesty this is. Is Holifield supposed to cut these new players? Or sit them on the end of the bench? Or do you give them a fair shot like everybody else and play the players that give your team the best shot of succeeding? If Joe Reece moves to town. Do you say, "Sorry Joe, I know you moved here and you're 6'9" and committed to Old Dominion, but we already have guys here and you're not going to be on our team."

-- Posted by semohoops on Sun, Nov 19, 2017, at 9:16 PM
  • As for parents and players being unhappy, uhhh the season hasn't even started yet. Sikeston hasn't even played a single game and you're already talking about playing time?

And if you're worried about playing time, shouldn't that motivate you to get in the gym and get better? If you give up that easily then we couldn't use you anyway.

-- Posted by semohoops on Sun, Nov 19, 2017, at 9:28 PM
  • Hey!!! Did I mention Jackson got a win yesterday!!! :)

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sun, Nov 19, 2017, at 9:44 PM
  • Well, that escalated quickly.

-- Posted by rocketsbro on Sun, Nov 19, 2017, at 10:00 PM
  • Yearly clean up of trolls, haters and pot stirrers

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Sun, Nov 19, 2017, at 10:10 PM
  • Congrats IP I heard PB did also

-- Posted by TFA on Sun, Nov 19, 2017, at 10:39 PM
  • Thanks TFA!! See you soon!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Sun, Nov 19, 2017, at 11:30 PM
  • You an go to 314 hoops to learn more from. ( The Lou ) area teams .

-- Posted by A fan of no fan on Mon, Nov 20, 2017, at 8:08 AM
  • Semohoops,

I see your point. And I acknowledge you have a great coach who players love to play for. Envy can sometimes get the best of us.

-- Posted by taxpayer parent on Mon, Nov 20, 2017, at 9:22 AM
  • Taxpayer parent I’m one of those parents that got upset because my son didn’t get a lot of playing time. We as parents go to see our kids play if you say you go just to watch them sit the bench and are ok with it your full of it. But it did motivate my son, did it help on playing time? Nope but when he did get to play I loved Every minute of it and when he got his dunk in I was Happy for him. I was So happy his senior year was done because now I can Go watch the games just to enjoy the game again. I may Get some slack for telling the truth but I’m a big person so have at it just leave my son out of it.

-- Posted by TFA on Mon, Nov 20, 2017, at 9:49 AM
  • I dont know about the resta u guys but im a golf parent and I find it despicable that this Rocket character neverever does a Bulldawg golf preview. I heard Ernie Els moved to Sikeston with his son, but no mention from Rocket, of course.

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Nov 20, 2017, at 10:27 AM
  • Golf is a sport? Thought it was what married men did to get away from the wife.

-- Posted by TFA on Mon, Nov 20, 2017, at 10:29 AM

Awesome Ciri! Hope the young golfer is doing well. I was a high school golfer.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Nov 20, 2017, at 10:45 AM
  • Thats true Mrs T, but still....

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Nov 20, 2017, at 10:55 AM
  • You’re right Ciri. Rocket is slacking

-- Posted by TFA on Mon, Nov 20, 2017, at 10:57 AM

TFA literally laughed out loud at you saying "got upset because my son didn’t get a lot of playing time"

-- Posted by BulldogFan1 on Mon, Nov 20, 2017, at 7:53 PM

I was honestly hoping Sikeston was going to get a couple more legitimate move ins to go along with the Long boys like they were rumored to this summer. Regardless I'm ready for the DOGS to dominate the SEMO conference as usual and make another state push! I think this could be an outstanding year for Coach!!

-- Posted by BulldogFan1 on Mon, Nov 20, 2017, at 8:00 PM
  • ciri....it's not golf season! C'mon, man!

-- Posted by Rocket689 on Mon, Nov 20, 2017, at 8:09 PM

Vashon has still got some dudes though. And they are long. And theyve got a top 5 player in the state.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Mon, Nov 20, 2017, at 8:12 PM

Can't sleep once we leave farmington... It's going to be a battle. Doesn't matter who we play. So pumped for SEMO hs hoops I can't hardly stand it!!

-- Posted by BulldogFan1 on Mon, Nov 20, 2017, at 8:18 PM

I'm interested in how our starting lineup/ rotation will work! With around 5-6 guards that can all play it'll be something to watch as coach will have to balance all of the talent he has! Look for sophomore guard Peyton Howard to make a HUGE leap this year. Very talented as a freshman last year but rumor has it that he's the real deal with a little maturity.. Ready to watch the dogs roll the SEMO conference tourney in a couple weeks!!

-- Posted by BulldogFan1 on Mon, Nov 20, 2017, at 8:31 PM

Sikeston....you can thank the BlueJays in advance for providing you a preview both Vashon and St Mary’s.....as you already know, the Jays play Vashon at the Riverbend on Saturday....later on in the season, Charleston hosts a shootout and the marquis game will feature Charleston vs St Mary’s....don’t know the date but it’s after the holidays ... is on a Saturday so everyone can attend

-- Posted by birdfan on Tue, Nov 21, 2017, at 7:19 PM
  • U know people don’t use their real names on here for a reason. I don’t know if that is who it is or not but if is you shouldn’t bust him out.

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Nov 25, 2017, at 4:45 PM

I apologize I thought it was known.My sons are friends of past bulldog players and hipped us to the names behind the screen. Didn't mean anything by it TFA.

-- Posted by TrueBlue24 on Sat, Nov 25, 2017, at 7:05 PM
  • Probably is known it seems like my son told me who it was also but seriously don’t remember. Lol!!

-- Posted by TFA on Sat, Nov 25, 2017, at 7:13 PM
  • Parent googles are as thick as beer goggles sometimes.

-- Posted by barkleyfan on Sat, Nov 25, 2017, at 9:50 PM
  • Don't count Charleston out... think they will give Sikeston problems. I predict a Semo conference tourney championship for the Jays.

-- Posted by indian73 on Sun, Nov 26, 2017, at 2:40 AM
  • By looking at the seeds the jays will have to get past a defensive minded Dexter team then either Nd or Jackson if I am looking at it right. I think Jackson will beat Nd could be wrong and not sure the jays can beat jackson. I hope Cape gets a shot at sikeston. Should be fun.....

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Mon, Nov 27, 2017, at 6:43 PM

Jays play Dexter on Tuesday night and Notre Dame on Friday night, this week.

-- Posted by birdfan on Mon, Nov 27, 2017, at 10:05 PM
  • Murphdogg, don't think that either Dexter or ND are anywhere near the talent Vashon was. I know the games are played on the court but looking for a Jays/Bulldogs final. Good luck to all the teams. If anyone is interested the docuementary "The Bluejay Experience" is playing Thur, 11/30 at the cinema in Sikeston at 7pm, tickets are $12.50 I believe and proceeds go to Charleston High School athletic fund. Very good documentary and well put together

-- Posted by runner50 on Tue, Nov 28, 2017, at 9:06 AM
  • Maybe runner but they have to go through Jackson or Nd to get to Sikeston.

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Tue, Nov 28, 2017, at 7:12 PM
  • I am really looking forward to seeing Cape play also I hear they're going to be young but I'm excited. If you had a hold my hand to the fire right now I would say Sikeston and Jackson finals

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Tue, Nov 28, 2017, at 7:16 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: