High School Basketball Forum: Hills vs Sikes

Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Mar 6, 2017, at 10:31 AM:

Any word on video streaming? Thanks!!

Replies (80)

Last I heard it will be streamed on yhctv.com along with Dexter's girls game too!

-- Posted by Kool-Aid (OH YEAHHH) on Mon, Mar 6, 2017, at 12:10 PM
  • Awesome!!!

Thanks Kool!!!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Mar 6, 2017, at 1:08 PM

NP

-- Posted by Kool-Aid (OH YEAHHH) on Mon, Mar 6, 2017, at 1:22 PM

Game will be broadcast on 1400 AM

or online at http://www.semoespn.com/sikeston-sports-live/

-- Posted by SportsMediaInformant on Mon, Mar 6, 2017, at 2:41 PM
  • Just actually looked at the final score between Farmington and hills, did they play slow ball? Do I need to bring a pillow and wear pjs so I can sleep when they are passing?? 😄

-- Posted by TFA on Mon, Mar 6, 2017, at 3:39 PM
  • Farmington slowed it way down. Held the ball for minutes at a time. Hillsboro likes to get up and go.

-- Posted by The Fan on Mon, Mar 6, 2017, at 6:33 PM
  • Then there will be lotsa gittn up and going tomorro nite, I reckon. Leave ur pj's and pillow at home mrs T!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Mon, Mar 6, 2017, at 6:40 PM
  • I'm so glad I hate boring ball.

-- Posted by TFA on Mon, Mar 6, 2017, at 7:07 PM
  • There was nothing boring about the game. It was a game where both teams knew the other very well and defended what the other team did best. Very strategic and well coached game. Hillsboro will not be afraid to play fast. They may lose to Sikeston but it won't because they can't keep up.

-- Posted by BTIndians on Mon, Mar 6, 2017, at 7:26 PM
  • Hillsboro likes an up and down game but Farmington played keep away . Hillsboro also shot poorly, as did Farmington.

-- Posted by taxpayer parent on Mon, Mar 6, 2017, at 8:14 PM
  • Dexter played keep away it worked pretty good but was boring

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 7:02 AM
  • Boring is in the eye of the beholder. And wasn't the score of the Dexter game like 59-57. I thought it was a great game.

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 8:14 AM
  • Bogey,

Those types of games are great. When people say they are boring, it tells me they never played or coached the game. There is nothing better than watching a team execute a game plan to perfection, against a team they have no business beating, and then doing it or coming really close. I always think back to the 1989 NCAA tournament first round game between Georgetown and Princeton. If people didn't like watching that then they aren't a basketball fan. :)

-- Posted by BonScott on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 8:55 AM
  • BonScott, I agree as well. Most people who "hate" low-scoring games, during which teams with less talent elect to give their team the best opportunity to win, seldom seem to ask why "their" teams can't play pressure defense and come up with steals. It's during those slow-down games when every single basket becomes more important, and the pressure of every possession mounts!

-- Posted by semo7178 on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 9:17 AM
  • sikeston wins of course and then the Dexter girls will most likely pull it off btw im from Dexter high school..

-- Posted by bearcatbasketball999 on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 9:53 AM
  • Why does it matter that you're from Dexter High School?...

-- Posted by BonScott on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 9:59 AM
  • I didn't say it wasn't a good game plan but it was boring just to watch a ball being passed around. I have a short attention span.

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 10:11 AM
  • Close games are more exciting than blowouts but again short attention span

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 10:15 AM

DOGS -15.5

O/U 133

-- Posted by BulldogFan1 on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 10:55 AM
  • Hillsboro would be smart to slow the game down, especially after seeing Dexter have success and almost pulling off the upset.

-- Posted by Bogey Man on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 11:11 AM

Vashon-St. Mary's is getting most of the attention in StL, but the P-D did have this brief preview of Hillsboro-Sikeston:

HILLSBORO SURVIVES FARMINGTON, DRAWS REVIVED SIKESTON

Hillsboro clung to a one-point lead the final two minutes to escape with a 39-38 win over Farmington in the Class 4 District 2 Tournament on Friday at Hillsboro.

Junior post Gavin Pinkley hit one of two free throws to give the Hawks the edge. It was the first district title for Hillsboro (25-3) since 2011 and only second since 1988.

The Hawks will put their season on the line at 6 p.m. Tuesday against Sikeston (23-4) at the Farmington Civic Center. The winner will play the St. Mary's-Vashon winner at noon Saturday at Jefferson College.

Sikeston lost to Vashon in a Class 4 semifinal last season in overtime.

The Bulldogs are led by junior standout guard Fred Thatch, who scored 24 points in their win over Cape Central on Thursday to claim the Class 4 District 1 championship.

Thatch has verbally committed to play for St. Louis U.

The No. 1 seed in the district, Sikeston appeared to hit a bump at the end of the season as it lost its final two regular season games. The Bulldogs then held on for their season with a 56-54 win over No. 4 seed Dexter in the district semifinal.

-- Posted by unclegrubworm on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 12:14 PM
  • Good stuff UGW

-- Posted by semohoops on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 12:37 PM
  • I second that semohoops.

Who are Hillsboro losses to?

-- Posted by PimpDaddyTaddy on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 1:26 PM
  • Farmington, Parkway Central and Parkway West

-- Posted by yaeger on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 1:52 PM
  • It's on 98.5 fm also

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 6:20 PM
  • Has the game started? I'm getting nothing on YHC TV right now.

-- Posted by Jason Porter on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 6:21 PM
  • No feed on yhctv.

-- Posted by T-Roll on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 6:22 PM
  • YHC tv won't be streaming the games due to the internet connection in the Farmington Civic center

-- Posted by Dexter3064 on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 6:27 PM
  • 21-19 at half. Hillsboro

-- Posted by The Fan on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 6:34 PM
  • No slow ball impressed but what do I know I don't coach or anything

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 6:34 PM
  • St. Mary's leading Vashon by 9 with a couple of minutes remaining in 1st half.

-- Posted by semo7178 on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 6:37 PM
  • Poor Mrs T

Sounds like a snoozer

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 6:41 PM
  • YHCT TV sucks

-- Posted by yaeger on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 6:44 PM
  • Sikeston down 9 4 left in third.

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 6:48 PM
  • I cant believe i am saying this but come on sikeston.... I root for semo teams.

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 6:50 PM
  • Let's go Hawks!

-- Posted by F.O.P on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 6:55 PM
  • Jenkins fouls out; hurts Sikeston -- 3:18 remaining, Bulldogs leading by 6.

-- Posted by semo7178 on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 7:12 PM
  • Sikeston up by 12 with 1:22 remaining! Trailed by 10 early in 2nd half!

-- Posted by semo7178 on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 7:16 PM
  • How could YHC-TV not determine the availability of an internet connection until before selling advertising, etc.?

-- Posted by semo7178 on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 7:18 PM
  • Any word on the Vashon - St. Mary's game?

-- Posted by T-Roll on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 7:21 PM
  • Excellent show of heart by the Dogs down the stretch. Congratulations to Hilsboro on a great season. GO SIKESTON!

-- Posted by Jason Porter on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 7:24 PM
  • Good job sikeston

-- Posted by Murphdogg on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 7:31 PM
  • Ciri do not make me hurt you!!! This was a great game Hillsboro can sure hit those 3's but when Fred got hot that was it.

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 7:32 PM
  • I'm sorry ALL the guys did great!!

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 7:32 PM
  • 51pts in 2nd half mrs T!! Not a snoozer!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 7:40 PM
  • Vashon down 1 43secs left but shootn fts

Going to OT 68-68!!!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 7:42 PM
  • St Mary Vashon overtime u can watch game on Prepcast.com

-- Posted by lastride67 on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 7:43 PM
  • Definitely not a snoozer Ciri loved it

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 7:49 PM

Vashon defeats St. Mary's 72-68 in OT . Sikeston vs Vashon.

-- Posted by BuckMajor on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 7:53 PM
  • Won't be worth the price of admission

-- Posted by Coachken on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 7:57 PM
  • Attaboy Barbie, knew i could count on the YMCA volunteer girls volleyball coach to chime in. Well played!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 8:08 PM
  • Anyone know

thatch's Stat line??

-- Posted by But on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 8:08 PM
  • I was at this game and it was great. Pretty sure St. Mary's had about 4 or 5 foul out it seemed like. Fun game to watch! St. Mary's had chances down the stretch but just couldn't convert.

-- Posted by Theodore Bagwell on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 8:09 PM
  • No problem chump! See you at the game soon! After half you shouldn't have much need to watch. V get ready to roll.....

-- Posted by Coachken on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 8:32 PM

Not a bad idea kenny boy....maybe we can pitch the idea of getting in free!!

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 8:33 PM
  • Bring ur kneepads Barbie. They go well with ur rainbow sweatband and pink volleyball sneakers. Have ur mom wash you a clean pair of tightywhiteys the nite before. You'll look stunning after a long winter in the basement!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 8:42 PM
  • Congrats to Sikeston!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 8:54 PM
  • Thank you Jackson, for lighting a fire under Sikeston's a**!

-- Posted by Jason Porter on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 9:12 PM
  • Thanks IP!!! Ciri do you know who coach ken is or are you messing with a stranger?? I haven't heard the word chump used in awhile

-- Posted by TFA on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 9:17 PM

Coach Ken knows all.

-- Posted by Stuart on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 9:18 PM
  • It's our pleasure Duke!! Lol!!

And your welcome TFA!!

-- Posted by IndianPride on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 9:24 PM
  • He is Richard Simmons' brother mrs T!!

-- Posted by cirithungol17 on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 10:05 PM
  • Leave me out of this...

-- Posted by Richard Simmons on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 10:09 PM
  • I don't have a stat line own Thatch but he had 2 points at halftime and ended up with 20 for the game according the the J-98 radio guys I was listening to when I left the Dexter game in the 3rd quarter.

-- Posted by 3Rfan on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 10:13 PM

Thatch had 22 pts and 5 reb. Battling illness the week.

-- Posted by SportsMediaInformant on Tue, Mar 7, 2017, at 11:13 PM
  • Stranger Danger! V get ready da roll, V get ready da roll!!!!

-- Posted by Coachken on Wed, Mar 8, 2017, at 5:32 AM
  • -- Posted by unclegrubworm on Wed, Mar 8, 2017, at 7:18 AM

I'll be sitting near Floyd Irons at the game watching the best St. Louis has to offer smother the B-dogs.

-- Posted by CoachKent on Wed, Mar 8, 2017, at 7:31 AM

I will be trying to get the recruiting package on an apartment and free everything from Floyd. He is known to have the hookup!

-- Posted by Kool-Aid (OH YEAHHH) on Wed, Mar 8, 2017, at 7:35 AM
  • Dang Ken now you're even getting on my nerves. Make sure you wear a shirt that says coach ken in a bright color so we know who you are.

-- Posted by TFA on Wed, Mar 8, 2017, at 9:05 AM

Or Ken can wear an I'm with stupid shirt with the arrow point up at himself!!!

-- Posted by Kool-Aid (OH YEAHHH) on Wed, Mar 8, 2017, at 10:44 AM
  • Hillsboro is not a good test for Sikeston. No one in the St. Louis area was worried about Hillsboro. They didn't play top competition during the year.

Sikeston down at half-time to Hillsboro, that is a problem. Sikeston beating Dexter by 2 points, that is a problem.

Sikeston seems to play to the level of their competition. They have the ability to play with top teams, but do not put away teams that they should.

Can't always rely on Thatch to pull the team out. I agree, that 3-5 will be key to moving forward.

-- Posted by Mr. Baseball on Wed, Mar 8, 2017, at 10:53 AM

The name of the game this time of year: Survive and advance.

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Wed, Mar 8, 2017, at 12:31 PM
  • Bring it on and we shall see who is the winner this Saturday.

-- Posted by Buzzard Bill on Wed, Mar 8, 2017, at 1:37 PM
  • Just because Thatch is the leading scorer most night doesn't necessarily mean they rely on him. In some games this year, yes, he has been. However the last few games I've seen guys step up and guys who have been there all year playing outstanding minutes.

Fred had 5 rebounds last night, and if I'm not mistaken they were all in the first half. Jenkins has fouled out the past two games but while he has been in he has produced. The two freshmen of course have made mistakes that young guys make but have overall played their part knocking down threes or filling in for the bigs in foul trouble. Moore has been consistent on defense and knocked down some big shots all year. Fobbs, a non starter at the beginning of the year, has stepped into the starting guard position without missing a beat. He and Kevin terrorize opposing guard and bring the defensive intensity every single game always coming up with crucial steals. And perhaps my favorite story of the year is Dylon Mills coming into his game at the perfect time. IMO he hadn't played very well all season but the past month or so he has been outstanding in all facets of the game.

Thatch does a lot of the scoring but you saw in the game last night while he was battling the flu, it takes a whole team effort and these young guys are coming through when it counts.

-- Posted by cms14 on Wed, Mar 8, 2017, at 1:51 PM
  • Side note: All in favor of Coachken sitting next to Pete Kennard this Saturday say I. I doubt he will be running his mouth like he does on here while Pete is sitting next to him.

-- Posted by cms14 on Wed, Mar 8, 2017, at 1:56 PM

I

-- Posted by bulldog21forever on Wed, Mar 8, 2017, at 2:06 PM

Pete will back down when he sees my pythons and sit quietly as to not disturb me.

-- Posted by CoachKent on Wed, Mar 8, 2017, at 2:06 PM
  • I doubt they allow pets into Jefferson College, particularly exotic pets like pythons. But you may want to check with JeffCo administrators just to be sure.

-- Posted by semohoops on Wed, Mar 8, 2017, at 2:47 PM
  • Coach Kent you mean the 'head coach' from the stands? When they played in P.B. he constantly yelled to players on the floor and during timeouts what eh thought they should be doing. Yes even during timeouts he would get their attention to have his say while the coaches on the floor were trying to tell them what THEY wanted them to do. I thought that was rude even for him.

-- Posted by 3Rfan on Wed, Mar 8, 2017, at 3:15 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: